OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

SW Neimoidians: (LACKY STARTED) Nute Gunray & a lacky WIP

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

BAMComix

Inspired! he looks great.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Your definition of fun is different than mine, but this is definitely an improvement.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Stryker2012

Founding Father
Excellent. That turned out great.

Kiwi-Paul

I am loving this, your workshop must be amazing.....and are you sure you don't work for George Lucas, clearly you should have!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Zes wrote:Hardcore indeed! I'm surprised this steel sheet was more malleable than aluminum.

I was thinking you were going to go the plasticard route with some heating to achieve the curvature. But  it's always nice to use "real" materials when possible.

Nice work!

Thanks! Yeah it's just mild steel and pretty thin, the aluminium I have must be slightly thicker and anodised. Still took some hefty whacks with a hammer to make each indentation.

BAMComix wrote:Inspired! he looks great.

Thank you sir!

GubernatorFan wrote:Your definition of fun is different than mine, but this is definitely an improvement.

LOL, well it's all part of the creative process and working with different materials keeps it interesting.

Stryker2012 wrote:Excellent. That turned out great.

Thank you Mark!

Kiwi-Paul wrote:I am loving this, your workshop must be amazing.....and are you sure you don't work for George Lucas, clearly you should have!

Thank you! Well it was a large kitchen one upon a time lol! The smaller stuff gets done on my lap in the Livingroom where I keep all my more artistic tools and plenty of mechanic's tools too since I have plenty of most tools being a retired motorcycle mechanic, saves me having to go to the workshop all the time Wink
I don't think I could ever work for a company like Lucas etc.. it was bad enough in uni doing my Bsc(hons) in Product Design and having work often metaphorically torn to pieces by judges and critics of official capacity in front of everyone after you've spent a long time creating/designing it. Luckily didn't really happen to me more than a couple of times and that was because of so-called 'team mates' on projects not pulling their weight or showing up. But I saw plenty of others getting their souls crushed publicly through critiques, in Team Lucas you would be dreading everyday that your work would be dismissed b the lack of a stamp of approval, literally, he only stamps stuff he likes in the design rooms and the rest is work down the drain followed by your ego...ouch.

Sorry I've been away, damn cat's gone missing again, been a few weeks now so really upset about it. I also had other non 1/6 builds to do.

I'm thinking I'll make the second Neimoidian a collection of my favourite bits from his lackeys, like the eye and mouth shield thingy, no idea what it does but looks cool! Wink

SW Neimoidians: (LACKY STARTED) Nute Gunray & a lacky WIP - Page 5 PGQ2SHz

SW Neimoidians: (LACKY STARTED) Nute Gunray & a lacky WIP - Page 5 Sz0prrB

I like these colours and tabards

SW Neimoidians: (LACKY STARTED) Nute Gunray & a lacky WIP - Page 5 4B616oA

SW Neimoidians: (LACKY STARTED) Nute Gunray & a lacky WIP - Page 5 SLSU4gh

SW Neimoidians: (LACKY STARTED) Nute Gunray & a lacky WIP - Page 5 CbICn2c

I like this headdress

SW Neimoidians: (LACKY STARTED) Nute Gunray & a lacky WIP - Page 5 OE77All

Nice shirt!

SW Neimoidians: (LACKY STARTED) Nute Gunray & a lacky WIP - Page 5 I9ydAUv

What I'm starting with

SW Neimoidians: (LACKY STARTED) Nute Gunray & a lacky WIP - Page 5 QtbU1aN

SW Neimoidians: (LACKY STARTED) Nute Gunray & a lacky WIP - Page 5 X1GB1a4

SW Neimoidians: (LACKY STARTED) Nute Gunray & a lacky WIP - Page 5 JrcLYi1

SW Neimoidians: (LACKY STARTED) Nute Gunray & a lacky WIP - Page 5 Qb13Jb6

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
So which one are you doing? Mr Nice Shirt (Rune Haako) would be a pain to make, but has the most characteristic headdress other than Nute. One and the same headdress and more or less the same look (give or take a cape or poncho) could cover Sil Unch, D Dofine, Tey How, and Jull Dremon, with the mechanical mouthpiece and eyepieces removable.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
That’s my question as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

SW Neimoidians: (LACKY STARTED) Nute Gunray & a lacky WIP - Page 5 1f10

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:So which one are you doing? Mr Nice Shirt (Rune Haako) would be a pain to make, but has the most characteristic headdress other than Nute. One and the same headdress and more or less the same look (give or take a cape or poncho) could cover Sil Unch, D Dofine, Tey How, and Jull Dremon, with the mechanical mouthpiece and eyepieces removable.

Stryker2012 wrote:That’s my question as well.

Like I said, probably a mixture of them using the stuff I already have, part laziness and part liking different parts from each.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum