OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Help needed with forum tech

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 9]

133Help needed with forum tech - Page 6 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:52 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
MerylAkiba wrote:How do I get permission to create a new post on the General Talk page?

You should not need a permission (I checked out your profile and doesn't indicate any limitation). Just click on the "New Topic" button and start your new topic/thread.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

134Help needed with forum tech - Page 6 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:26 pm

MerylAkiba

Thank you. Unfortunately, on Chrome, the new topic button does not appear. I am using Safari on PC and it shows the new topic button, multi quote, quote, and post reply. The whole entire top bar is missing when I use Chrome.

135Help needed with forum tech - Page 6 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:44 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
MerylAkiba wrote:Thank you. Unfortunately, on Chrome, the new topic button does not appear. I am using Safari on PC and it shows the new topic button, multi quote, quote, and post reply. The whole entire top bar is missing when I use Chrome.

I am glad you have found a workaround (Safari on PC). It is possible that either Chrome or Forumotion (or each) has undergone some update and there are some glitches like that. We have changed nothing in the configuration of our own site on our end. I imagine glitches will be resolved (hopefully shortly), but if not, let me know and I can try the Forumotion support people.

To that end, can another Chrome user please check and see if they are experiencing the same issue (on a PC, I assume)?

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

136Help needed with forum tech - Page 6 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:31 am

BAD WOLF-787

GubernatorFan wrote:
MerylAkiba wrote:Thank you. Unfortunately, on Chrome, the new topic button does not appear. I am using Safari on PC and it shows the new topic button, multi quote, quote, and post reply. The whole entire top bar is missing when I use Chrome.

I am glad you have found a workaround (Safari on PC). It is possible that either Chrome or Forumotion (or each) has undergone some update and there are some glitches like that. We have changed nothing in the configuration of our own site on our end. I imagine glitches will be resolved (hopefully shortly), but if not, let me know and I can try the Forumotion support people.

To that end, can another Chrome user please check and see if they are experiencing the same issue (on a PC, I assume)?

no, I'm using Windows 7 PC and Chrome.

Help needed with forum tech - Page 6 2v2JnrTArxAChVkHosted on Fotki
Top of the page

Help needed with forum tech - Page 6 2v2JnrTBGxAChVkHosted on Fotki
Bottom of the page

I hope this helps?

137Help needed with forum tech - Page 6 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:32 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you for checking, Bad Wolf. MerylAkiba, what system are you running?

138Help needed with forum tech - Page 6 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:05 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
MerylAkiba wrote:Unfortunately, on Chrome, the new topic button does not appear. The whole entire top bar is missing when I use Chrome.

I haven't heard back from you on the previous question (about what system you are using), but given that Bad Wolf is not having issues with Chrome on PC, I suspect this is a problem likely to be specific to your setup. It reminds me a little of an issue user ostfront43 had right after we started this forum -- and the problem was a virus protection setting. Check out post 27 in this topic/thread (page 1) and maybe the posts leading up to it or following it, just in case this helps. Admittedly, ostfront43 wasn't using Chrome. Hope this helps.

139Help needed with forum tech - Page 6 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:09 am

MerylAkiba

Thank you GubernatorFan. I was running Kapersky on Windows7. Same exact problem. All buttons and forumotion taskbar are visible now.

140Help needed with forum tech - Page 6 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:32 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
MerylAkiba wrote:Thank you GubernatorFan. I was running Kapersky on Windows7. Same exact problem. All buttons and forumotion taskbar are visible now.

I am glad it worked out!

141Help needed with forum tech - Page 6 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:31 am

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Just thought I'd mention that the site's been playing up the last few days for me running Win 10 using Firefox, my browser's menu toolbar links for this site don't seem to work any more nor do Google searches. I only got back into the site via an email link...odd and a bit worrying.

142Help needed with forum tech - Page 6 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:41 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:Just thought I'd mention that the site's been playing up the last few days for me running Win 10 using Firefox, my browser's menu toolbar links for this site don't seem to work any more nor do Google searches. I only got back into the site via an email link...odd and a bit worrying.

This is odd. I use Windows 10 with Firefox and haven't had any of these problems. There was some sort of overall Forumotion upgrade recently and at one point I noticed a slowdown in the connection that might have been while they were upgrading, but access is back to normal speed now (and has been for a couple of days). I don't know what about your system is causing hickups (MerylAkiba's experience reminds us that anti-virus settings can play a role), but it would appear to be a localized issue rather than a general problem with the site. Also, I just did a Google search for onesixthfigures and our site shows up as the third hit. While this is a workaround rather than fix, I would suggest making a new bookmark, if you haven't done so already.

143Help needed with forum tech - Page 6 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:47 am

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
That did the trick, cheers! My setting may still be a bit off kilter after that power outage yesterday.

144Help needed with forum tech - Page 6 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:53 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:That did the trick, cheers! My setting may still be a bit off kilter after that power outage yesterday.

Not sure how I helped, but I am very happy it has improved. I find it offensive that you suffered a power outage. No one deserves that, but least of all you. Cheers!

145Help needed with forum tech - Page 6 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:26 am

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:
shovelchop81 wrote:That did the trick, cheers! My setting may still be a bit off kilter after that power outage yesterday.

Not sure how I helped, but I am very happy it has improved. I find it offensive that you suffered a power outage. No one deserves that, but least of all you. Cheers!

LOL cheers! It's an old house with dodgy plumbing and electrics so steam from the shower trips the the mains sometimes, nothing serious or anyone's fault well maybe the landlord's but I'm not making an issue out of it since I don't want a rent increase! Computer doesn't like it much even when it's shut down as the battery back up on the mother board doesn't work... Embarassed

146Help needed with forum tech - Page 6 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:30 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
shovelchop81 wrote:LOL cheers! It's an old house with dodgy plumbing and electrics so steam from the shower trips the the mains sometimes, nothing serious or anyone's fault well maybe the landlord's but I'm not making an issue out of it since I don't want a rent increase! Computer doesn't like it much even when it's shut down as the battery back up on the mother board doesn't work... Embarassed

Well at least we know you're squeaky clean! Smile

147Help needed with forum tech - Page 6 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:20 am

delusional

delusional
Hi all,
Maybe someone can help me. I'm ready to start posting my work here. I wanted to use servimg. It seemed pretty simple. I obviously have an account here, so I should be good to go. When I try logging in to servimg.com using my login info from here, it says there is no account with my e-mail or password. I researched it. So, I set up a forum on forumotion. I then tried logging into servimg with my new forumotion log in info and the same thing happened. I then joined my own forum as a guest and that login info didn't work either.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Mark aka delusional

148Help needed with forum tech - Page 6 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:35 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Hi Mark,

Having a membership or ownership of a forum on Forumotion does not mean you have an automatic matching Servimg account. You have to create one of those. Your username and password might be the same as the ones you use here (if that is what you choose to do), but you still have to specify them when you set up your Servimg account. Also, to log into Servimg, you need not a username by itself, but an e-mail address (whether or not the e-mail and account names are the same, it will need to be whatever @ whatever . whatever).

Hope this helps.

149Help needed with forum tech - Page 6 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:20 am

delusional

delusional
Thanks Gubernatorfan,
I figured it out. You have to upload and post an image in a message here to create an account.

Help needed with forum tech - Page 6 Img_3411

150Help needed with forum tech - Page 6 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:55 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I am glad it worked out.

151Help needed with forum tech - Page 6 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:15 pm

Peaches

Peaches
I know I'm really new here, but I was wondering if I could make a respectful request. Could we please have a section just for how-to's/crafting? Right now so many wonderful threads are buried in the general thread, which has already 11 pages. Newbies like me, would love to have easier access to these how-tos Very Happy Thanks for reading Very Happy

152Help needed with forum tech - Page 6 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:38 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Peaches wrote:I know I'm really new here, but I was wondering if I could make a respectful request.  Could we please have a section just for how-to's/crafting?  Right now so many wonderful threads are buried in the general thread, which has already 11 pages.  Newbies like me, would love to have easier access to these how-tos Very Happy  Thanks for reading Very Happy

Hi Peaches. Thanks for the suggestions. We don't have too many tutorials (yet), but I will discuss with the other moderators and see what we can do about it.

153Help needed with forum tech - Page 6 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:30 pm

Peaches

Peaches
I was kind of thinking threads like shovelchop81's predator , which I guess is more of a project log. But there is so much to learn there!

154Help needed with forum tech - Page 6 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:03 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Hey, Guv. Tried looking in the forum Tech section, but couldn’t find an answer to this problem: Anyone else having pm message responses to another member stuck in the Outgoing Message section? I have three of them that haven’t gone anywhere since 9:43 am this morning.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Help needed with forum tech - Page 6 C8485110

155Help needed with forum tech - Page 6 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:41 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Hey, Guv. Tried looking in the forum Tech section, but couldn’t find an answer to this problem: Anyone else having pm message responses to another member stuck in the Outgoing Message section? I have three of them that haven’t gone anywhere since 9:43 am this morning.

I suppose you mean the Outbox? I've never been totally clear on the distinction between that and the Sentbox and if this is what it is, I am not convinced that the messages haven't actually gone through. You can try to PM me to see if there is a problem on your end.

156Help needed with forum tech - Page 6 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:44 pm

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father

Is anyone else finding Imgur is loading really slowly!? When I opened my Gremlin thread, all the YouTube videos loaded, but, the pics didn't. The status at the bottom of my browser window said it was connected to Imgur but nothing was loading.

I'll try again tomorrow.....

157Help needed with forum tech - Page 6 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:46 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Rogerbee wrote:
Is anyone else finding Imgur is loading really slowly!? When I opened my Gremlin thread, all the YouTube videos loaded, but, the pics didn't. The status at the bottom of my browser window said it was connected to Imgur but nothing was loading.

I'll try again tomorrow.....

They load fine for me, Roger. Have you tried to clear your chache/browser history? Usually I find that helps with weird issues like that.

158Help needed with forum tech - Page 6 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:49 pm

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
I did that yesterday. It's not like the pics are that big either, I deliberately size them to 640x480. They did eventually load, but, they took their time. I will say that my internet connection has been slow in general, but, it was only Imgur that seemed particularly slow tonight.

Hopefully things will clear up

CHEERS!

159Help needed with forum tech - Page 6 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:11 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Rogerbee wrote:I did that yesterday. It's not like the pics are that big either, I deliberately size them to 640x480. They did eventually load, but, they took their time. I will say that my internet connection has been slow in general, but, it was only Imgur that seemed particularly slow tonight.

Hopefully things will clear up

CHEERS!

Sometimes it does seem to take awhile with the 3rd party hosts. Servimg works pretty good for me most of the time (unless the files are bigger — or there are a lot of them).

160Help needed with forum tech - Page 6 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:35 pm

Rogerbee

Rogerbee
Founding Father
Turned out it was the router that needed a kick up the ass, I reset it and the speed came back. At least I know what to do now. As we don't have fibre the router is a little old. I'm going to make sure I get the best I can get when I move. If I can get fibre then I'll have it.

CHEERS!

EDIT:

Actually, the router needs to go in a skip! When the previous one died, the guy I spoke to on the phone said they could replace it free of charge. What the cheeky sod didn't say was they'd replace it with a USED one! We've only had this one since August and it's already showing the symptoms the previous one did and my brother had had that one for years!

Thankfully, when I move, that will become my Dad's problem and not mine, LOL!

161Help needed with forum tech - Page 6 Empty Re: Help needed with forum tech Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:37 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
How do you post a gif? Is it pretty much just like posting an image?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum