OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Illusion

Ephiane wrote:Fantastic, thanks for showing Illusion. Nice for to hung them on the belt of a fantasy figure

Diana wrote:Oh wow! Those bottles and flasks are impressive, but even more so the jewelry, because of how much it all accentuates the personality of each of your figures. Beautiful!!

Thank you!

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Thanks for the information. I do use elastic cord -- no problem with the size 11 beads, but no idea if it would work with size 15. At any rate, this certainly helps explain how you mange to make these so much more believable in sixth scale -- apart from skill and complexity. Smile

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Illusion

GubernatorFan wrote:Thanks for the information. I do use elastic cord -- no problem with the size 11 beads, but no idea if it would work with size 15. At any rate, this certainly helps explain how you mange to make these so much more believable in sixth scale -- apart from skill and complexity. Smile

ok, well, I guess the smaller ones won‘t work with elastic cord.

By the way: on the girl with the brown hat you can see different sizes:
white = 11
gold = 15
brown = 16/17 (difficult to compare as this company does not produce very consistently)

I don‘t like elastic cord that much because it is difficult to do knots (apart from the fact that it is useless for weaving multiple times through a bead). I don‘t like visible knots that much and try to avoid them whenever possible.

For Fashion Dolls you need closures anyway because you cannot that easily pop off their heads. It is an extra step (that I might want to avoid at times), but it adds flexibility.
Here‘s a sample for closures:

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 5 20210428_192653bskxn

and a sample for an imitation of pearl necklaces (these beads are more expensive than the „Rocaille“ for weaving):

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 5 20210425_1102039lk3c

(earrings not made by myself)

BAMComix

amazing work!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Indeed, amazing work. The closures are just perfect. What skill and patience you must have to pull these off. I don't like doing or seeing the knots either, but they make do -- if they are too obvious, I shift them around to not be seen in a particular photo.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Really nice pearls. Very nice. And excellent breakdown of sizes and materials.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 5 C8485110

Illusion

Illusion

Thanks so much !!

GubernatorFan wrote:Indeed, amazing work. The closures are just perfect. What skill and patience you must have to pull these off. I don't like doing or seeing the knots either, but they make do -- if they are too obvious, I shift them around to not be seen in a particular photo.

as for the closures: that is about what I had been thinking too when seeing other people do this ... but with some round-nosed pliers it is actually not that difficult. They may not end up all equally nice, but my rationale is the same as yours with the knots: they end up unseen in the back of the neck anyway Very Happy so, they just need to work. Wink

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Agree that you did the closures really beautifully, Illusion! Those are very necessary for the fashion dolls, since you cannot just easily take off the heads.

But with 1/6 tbleague type figures where you can remove the head, you don't necessarily even need a functional closure. Could just make it a complete circle, or even with a fake clasp that was small but permanently closed just for the effect.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

blackpool

blackpool
Phenomenal work... those high heels are so beautifully crafted, that's jewellery!!! And those tiny bottles/flasks greatly enhance the details of the armor or outfit, fascinating creations!

Illusion

Illusion
skywalkersaga wrote:Agree that you did the closures really beautifully, Illusion! Those are very necessary for the fashion dolls, since you cannot just easily take off the heads.

But with 1/6 tbleague type figures where you can remove the head, you don't necessarily even need a functional closure. Could just make it a complete circle, or even with a fake clasp that was small but permanently closed just for the effect.

true - but when you have both types of "dolls", it adds flexibilty to have closures... Then it is not "either or" but they can be worn by both Very Happy

(However, if anyone is interested, they can choose with or without flower )

blackpool wrote:Phenomenal work... those high heels are so beautifully crafted, that's jewellery!!! And those tiny bottles/flasks greatly enhance the details of the armor or outfit, fascinating creations!

Thanks so much. Glad you like my stuff. sunny

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Illusion wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:Agree that you did the closures really beautifully, Illusion! Those are very necessary for the fashion dolls, since you cannot just easily take off the heads.

true - but when you have both types of "dolls", it adds flexibilty to have closures... Then it is not "either or" but they can be worn by both  Very Happy

Oh yes, of course. I was moreso intending that comment toward GubernatorFan, since I know he only does the tbleague type. ;D

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Oh yes, of course. I was moreso intending that comment toward GubernatorFan, since I know he only does the tbleague type. ;D

LOL Now, now, I have the occasional female figure or body that is not TBLeague -- mostly HT, although that Peggy Carter figure comes to mind too. Actually, I used to have a few female Triad bodies but got fed up with their flaws and breakages (especially upper arms) and tossed them years ago. Maybe there are some "archived" somewhere in a box. But, yes, it does seem that ever since TBLeague (back then Phicen) came up with the stainless steel skeleton I have been largely limiting my female body collecting to these and -- to a much lesser degree -- Jiaou Doll ones.

113Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 5 Empty from flask cabinet to pocket watches... Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:50 pm

Illusion

Illusion
My apologies folks, I have not been around for a while and have hardly been active in other people's posts. I am truely sorry that I can't follow up all that I wish I could or keep track of all things going on. Apart from there being way too much to be discovered in the 1:6 world, there is also just too much "1:1 life" going on.

Here's a summary/excerpt of what I have been doing the past weeks or months (just snapshot pics, no nice presentation):

a little "cabinet" for my favourite flasks (it's a cheap sorting box turned upright, in case anybody wonders....):

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 5 20210615_172505j2jwf

more jewelry:

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 5 A808aecf-2f86-4000-9psjyp

sample on a doll (though it is a wee bit small for this girl because it was made for a Barbie)

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 5 20210611_203400gbkov

a set with necklace, bracelet and earrings

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 5 20210617_190908hujrw

another set (and a crochet bag along with it)

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 5 20210623_195552kujiy

a Choker for Wanda
Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 5 20210628_2200266rkdn

for her alternative outfit
Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 5 20210629_164048gnk9t

and a belt for Wanda

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 5 20210630_101514c1j6r

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 5 20210630_1014050zk7m

...another necklace

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 5 20210629_171231adk70

....some samples for more simple stuff with endless options... (for easier "Do-it-yourself" attempts)

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 5 20210623_115106pckk2

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 5 20210623_115030tijkg

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 5 20210620_164504udjqk

Here's another idea for rather simple "Do-it-yourself" stuff (and I actually do wonder why I have not come across this idea online so far): pocket watches.
All you need is small frames for cabochons (and chain, glue, printed clock faces, plastic film, thin wire ...)

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 5 20210716_095115f2k1f

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 5 20210716_095606cjk22
(Phil prefers to be on the safe side and carries both pocket and wrist watch Smile )

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 5 20210716_095733k8j95

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 5 20210716_100114z9jg0

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 5 20210721_20410715k3w

I am waiting for some golden frames which are slightly larger - so I will see which ones turn out more appropriate in size, but I guess both of them will work ok.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
No problem, Illusion, we're happy to have you back sharing your beautiful work. And it is beautiful. The size, detail, and variety of these pieces of jewelry are all very impressive. Also, numerous. And nice choice of a display cabinet. I use something like that to store heads. Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Gorgeous work, as always! You have a knack for making the jewelry look 'to-scale', which is not always the case with fashion doll jewelry I've seen elsewhere online.

MX-V

MX-V
Incredible work and on another level.
Very inspiring.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Really nice stuff. So much detail to consume all at once. Very lovely creations.

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Some fantastic pieces, blown away by your skill and patience with working with such small things. Those pocket watches are phenomenal, I too have never seen something like it, they are beautiful.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 5 1f60e

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
How on earth did I manage to miss this thread?! Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 5 1f62e

The beaded clothing is insanely good, I don’t know how you have the patience! I’m not a shoe person at all in real life but the beaded ones in the first few posts look absolutely fantastic, and I’m tempted to try something similar myself now! XD

Illusion

Illusion
Thanks so much everyone. I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback  I love you

GubernatorFan wrote:No problem, Illusion, we're happy to have you back sharing your beautiful work. And it is beautiful. The size, detail, and variety of these pieces of jewelry are all very impressive. Also, numerous. And nice choice of a display cabinet. I use something like that to store heads. Smile

Thank you - ah, nice idea for heads too. Right. My storage is a pure mess. Different boxes of different sizes.... now, with all the various items for the jewelry creation my mess keeps growing exponentially  affraid

skywalkersaga wrote:Gorgeous work, as always! You have a knack for making the jewelry look 'to-scale', which is not always the case with fashion doll jewelry I've seen elsewhere online.

Thanks so much! Yes, some of the available items are really a bit too large for my taste too. But some seem to like it that way (or do not know that better stuff exists.  alien ). I would love to have a little online store too, but it seems to be a lot of administration and I guess I will never make any profits given the expenses  Rolling Eyes

MX-V wrote:Incredible work and on another level.
Very inspiring.

Thank you! Would be nice to inspire someone too, rather than only being inspired.  Very Happy

Stryker2011 wrote:Really nice stuff. So much detail to consume all at once. Very lovely creations.

Thank you!

Theboo-bomb wrote:Some fantastic pieces, blown away by your skill and patience with working with such small things.  Those pocket watches are phenomenal, I too have never seen something like it, they are beautiful.

I am  very glad you like them... my patience is rather selective and does not work for many things apart from beads  clown  -  last weekend I found a piece that might improve the watches a bit. I will have to wait for the delivery from China. If it works out, I will let you know here...

Lynkhart wrote:How on earth did I manage to miss this thread?!  Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 5 1f62e

The beaded clothing is insanely good, I don’t know how you have the patience! I’m not a shoe person at all in real life but the beaded ones in the first few posts look absolutely fantastic, and I’m tempted to try something similar myself now! XD

Thank you very much! There is so much to discover in this forum. I am afraid I am missing a LOT!... I am happy you have passed by and like my stuff. I am not a jewelry (neither shoe) person in real life - but love to try things for the little folks.
If you have not seen my post for Violaine de Luca, you may want to have a peek at that too: https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3765-violaine-de-luca-vicious-violet

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Illusion wrote:My storage is a pure mess. Different boxes of different sizes.... now, with all the various items for the jewelry creation my mess keeps growing exponentially  affraid

When it comes to messy storage, I know what you mean exactly. But in your case it looks like it is a consistently beautiful mess!

122Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 5 Empty Zyralie, Lady of the Scarlet Sea Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:56 am

Illusion

Illusion
There is finally news from my elements inspired magicians. Let's have a look at Fire.

Zyralie, Lady of the Scarlet Sea

After the last guardian (Lilion) had realised that her mission was not to protect humans but to protect the balance, magic returned to the world. The magical beings who had been driven to the verge of extinction returned; among the first of them Zyralie, the first Fan-Majen reborn in the Scarlet Sea, the vast red sanded desert in the South. These legendary fire magicians did not just control fire but also the sands and desert storms. They were called the Lords and Ladies of the Sea.

Head: TBLeague S42
Body: TBLeague S16A
Outfit and shoes by myself

This is the first time I have worked on a base for a figure. Just wanted to give a glimpse of the Scarlet Sea including some fire effects. I really like those and think about getting them in different colours too. (They do not come with light effects. I have played around with a short chain of mini lights and hid the battery underneath the skirt.)

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 5 51658249686_da7109eefd_b

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 5 51658474038_b5667514cf_b

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 5 51658474008_b72118f8c5_b

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 5 51658925894_ff2670e140_b

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 5 51658249616_66053eefa8_b

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 5 51658249631_4d53dcf56a_b

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 5 51658249391_cbd8ded032_b

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Wow, she is absolutely exquisite! Haven't seen a fantasy figure this cool in a long, long time. I like the balanced combination of fantasy and plausibility, which seems so often lacking in film and product design.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Stunning!

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Amazing work! It must have taken ages to line up all these tiny beads. Very impressive!

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
What a gorgeous and equally cool (ermm, hot?) custom character you have produced! 🤯 The way you incorporated the beading and jewelry into her entire wardrobe so fluidly, along with the red and yellow tailoring...just looks so awesome. You are a true 'beadmaster'. I also really like the name Zyralie; with her fire-bending abilities and that outfit I can totally picture her in a universe similar to Legend of Korra or something.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Really beautiful work. From the sandals to the dress and arm bands. Nicely done.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Incredible beadwork, and absolutely stunning original character! Her outfit is gorgeous, exquisitely detailed, and the colour scheme really fits into a fantasy desert setting. The sandals are amazing, you've definitely got a particularly good talent for making beautiful but still functional 1/6 scale footwear. And the base is so well done. Just an all-around beautiful creation!  Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 5 1f60d

Diana

Diana
Woooow! Your creation is always impressively beautiful! 
And the base really breathes life into her story! 
I'm glad you're sharing your creations here with us. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum