OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

AlKelAstra91

What a gorgeous and equally cool (ermm, hot?) custom character you have produced! 🤯 The way you incorporated the beading and jewelry into her entire wardrobe so fluidly, along with the red and yellow tailoring...just looks so awesome. You are a true 'beadmaster'. I also really like the name Zyralie; with her fire-bending abilities and that outfit I can totally picture her in a universe similar to Legend of Korra or something.

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Really beautiful work. From the sandals to the dress and arm bands. Nicely done.

skywalkersaga

Incredible beadwork, and absolutely stunning original character! Her outfit is gorgeous, exquisitely detailed, and the colour scheme really fits into a fantasy desert setting. The sandals are amazing, you've definitely got a particularly good talent for making beautiful but still functional 1/6 scale footwear. And the base is so well done. Just an all-around beautiful creation!  Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 6 1f60d

Diana

Woooow! Your creation is always impressively beautiful! 
And the base really breathes life into her story! 
I'm glad you're sharing your creations here with us. Smile

Illusion

Illusion
Thank you everyone. So kind of you to drop in!

GubernatorFan wrote:Wow, she is absolutely exquisite! Haven't seen a fantasy figure this cool in a long, long time. I like the balanced combination of fantasy and plausibility, which seems so often lacking in film and product design.

Thanks so much! Happy about everyone who enjoys her too... I am not sure though about plausibility - I suppose I would not want to walk about the desert in sandals and with such a trail  Laughing but then, I guess she rather somehow light-footedly floats the desert....

BAMComix wrote:Stunning!

Thank you  Very Happy

Randam Hajile wrote:Amazing work! It must have taken ages to line up all these tiny beads. Very impressive!

Thank you - at times I really wonder why I can muster the patience to do this but not other things (in 1/6 handicraft)...

AlKelAstra91 wrote:What a gorgeous and equally cool (ermm, hot?) custom character you have produced! 🤯 The way you incorporated the beading and jewelry into her entire wardrobe so fluidly, along with the red and yellow tailoring...just looks so awesome. You are a true 'beadmaster'. I also really like the name Zyralie; with her fire-bending abilities and that outfit I can totally picture her in a universe similar to Legend of Korra or something.

Thank you - I appreciate your enthusiasm for her in spite of your "design style" being so different.

Stryker2011 wrote:Really beautiful work. From the sandals to the dress and arm bands. Nicely done.

Thank you!

skywalkersaga wrote:Incredible beadwork, and absolutely stunning original character! Her outfit is gorgeous, exquisitely detailed, and the colour scheme really fits into a fantasy desert setting. The sandals are amazing, you've definitely got a particularly good talent for making beautiful but still functional 1/6 scale footwear. And the base is so well done. Just an all-around beautiful creation!  Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 6 1f60d

Thanks so much - it is about time I try more shoes, including "non sandals", next level challenge... but there are still so many things I would like to work on...

Diana wrote:Woooow! Your creation is always impressively beautiful! 
And the base really breathes life into her story! 
I'm glad you're sharing your creations here with us. Smile

I am glad you are here to share it with - and to be so kind as to leave a line.

I am happy I have done the base after all. At first I wanted to set up some desert scenery for pics, but I couldn't get any suitable red sand (and it just had to be red). I did not feel like dyeing any myself right now and postponed it to "later". Then decided to try a base with a limited amount of dyed sand. I am rather pleased with the effort/outcome balance of the base Laughing  Didn't waste too much time on it...

Ephiane

Ephiane
Oh my God ! Pure Magic ! She´s fantastic. Can´t wait to see the other elements.

Illusion

Illusion
Ephiane wrote:Oh my God ! Pure Magic ! She´s fantastic. Can´t wait to see the other elements.

Thanks so much. Very Happy
It will probably another year until the next one What a Face

csyeung

csyeung
Fantastic work and very creative use of the beads! Well done!

Chip

Your figure is a work of art , what great skills you have .

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
That gown is amazing, and very pretty too.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 6 1f60e

Illusion

Illusion
csyeung wrote:Fantastic work and very creative use of the beads! Well done!

Chip wrote:Your figure is a work of art , what great skills you have .

Theboo-bomb wrote:That gown is amazing, and very pretty too.

Thanks very much for having a look and leaving a lovely line even though it has been a while that I posted this. cheers

137Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 6 Empty Rosaries Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:26 am

Illusion

Illusion
When browsing Mark's Wild West thread I came across Sister Sara and her rosary... which got me to check in this thread which of my rosaries I had presented here... and it seems like none at all... scratch
Shortly after coming up with the pocket watches I did some rosaries. At first, I did not have any crosses and made them myself from bead caps, but soon enough I had shopped for some reasonably (and some less reasonably) sized crosses and did some more...

(now, of course, I want to make a more "sturdy" rosary - as Sister Sara's inspiration has one - with one of my bigger crosses)

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 6 20210723_122635umjjk

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 6 20210718_1646136yjdg

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 6 20210723_12324757jko

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 6 20210723_123048azj5e

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 6 20220120_175959grdop

I have made some further color versions but have stuck mostly to this little cross in silver and gold.

csyeung

csyeung
Lovely work!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Those are beautiful! Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 6 1f60d

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Those rosaries are beautiful. And thanks for the shoutout, but mine isn’t anything special— just trying to go for “traditional”, unlike yours, which are really cool — and very fashionable.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 6 C8485110

Diana

Diana
They are gorgeous! Very creative. I love you

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Lovely roasaries -- both devotional and ornamental! As always, love your jewelry creations.

143Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 6 Empty metal wig (12 Feb 2023) Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:53 am

Illusion

Illusion
Thanks everyone ! I love you

another inspiration that should be pretty obvious and could come by itself but I needed an Instagram pic to get me going ( https://www.instagram.com/p/B7btj5fp5ZC/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y%3D )... saw the pic one year ago and only now finally tried something along those lines myself.

I suppose this should work for Action Figures too when you prepare the naked head a little (this doll has flocked hair) - but it might also look nice atop real hair...

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 6 52683862331_b894d83ac2_cDominique Adrenaline Rush by Doll Usion, auf Flickr

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 6 52683862251_d5b28b7982_cDominique Adrenaline Rush by Doll Usion, auf Flickr

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 6 52684359128_e272cf69fa_cDominique Adrenaline Rush by Doll Usion, auf Flickr

BAMComix

BAMComix
Wow! That is so cool! The insta pic was cool and all, but I prefer yours Very Happy

Valiarde

Valiarde
BAMComix wrote:Wow! That is so cool! The insta pic was cool and all, but I prefer yours Very Happy

Agree! I like the color and they eyes more. It is cooler colored with the silver which makes it even more stylish

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Exquisite work, from the jewelry to the who thing.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wow! That is gorgeous. What an excellent figure and fantastic jewelry and costume. Nicely done.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 6 C8485110

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Both pictures are stunning, and both look beautiful.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 6 1f60e

Illusion

Illusion
Thanks so much everyone! I love you

well, it is probably a matter of personal preferences whether you prefer silver or gold. (I have always been a fan of silver Very Happy )
AND: the type of chain I used is different.

ukshaun

ukshaun
Impressive and unusual.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

Illusion

Illusion
There we go again with another elemental inspired figure - however, this is getting ever more "loosely elemental inspired". Today's underlying element is air.
Instead of sticking to the elements, I come up with fantasy ladies that are rooted in my little fantasy universe (that still does not have a name  Embarassed ) and link them with story fragments. (Good thing is: this way I am not limited to four Wink )

As the inhabitants of the Swarakian jungle had rarely been in contact with any creature from the surrounding areas, news of magic's recurrence got to them comparatively late. The scarce bird species that migrated for their courtship to the lowlands of Smarkand brought woozy tales of a great magic concussion, of Lilion and Endrik fighting against the superiority of mankind and of various kinds of magic beings being reborn or coming out of their hideouts.

A colony of brightly coloured birds of paradise was particularly interested in collecting all bits of news they could get hold of which they brought to the attention of a particularly majestic bird. When the repopulation of Iishaala by Yismani came up, the bird nodded gravely. She let out a loud shriek of goodbye and started flying north. The bird remembered perfectly where to look for Iishaala and it seemed to be the best place to confirm whether the tales of magic‘s return were true. Half way north the bird heard rumours of Lilion and Endrik resting in an old manor close to the capital, so she flew a little detour to check out this place.

After days of tireless flying the bird landed in the manor's sunroom and transformed for the first time after a couple of hundred years in exile into its true shape: Levina, Lady of the Skies, known by most only as Lady Bird.

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 6 52840198433_777a6c99b0_bLevina,
Lady of the Skies by D
B, auf Flickr

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 6 52839943449_60f49af6f3_bLevina,
Lady of the Skies by D
B, auf Flickr

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 6 52840162980_a790f1b7c3_bLevina,
Lady of the Skies by D
B, auf Flickr

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 6 52839185802_2b02d72597_bLevina,
Lady of the Skies by D
B, auf Flickr

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 6 52839754116_af9e8bbf19_bLevina,
Lady of the Skies by D
B, auf Flickr

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 6 52840197963_1159557d36_bLevina,
Lady of the Skies by D
B, auf Flickr

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 6 52840198023_c7e2c7fa57_bLevina,
Lady of the Skies by D
B, auf Flickr

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 6 52839753826_da746fbdd5_bLevina,
Lady of the Skies by D
B, auf Flickr

When starting new bead outfits I try to think of some new idea so as not to repeat myself all over, some new material/ totally different pattern… This time I had been determined to try something with feathers, but it took me a while to find out how to attach them (given that I rather hate sewing) They are glued into the beads and I am surprised they actually do stick in spite of having to penetrate the bead with needle and thread again after the gluing.

At times I am asked how long it takes me to do such an outfit and as I had wondered myself, I took notes and ended up with about 52 hours plus body painting and head modifications. I do not expect this to be anything special as it must take everyone of you quite a while to work on your creations, whether you are rooting, sewing, body painting….

Before starting to take pics I had to take off the skirt again because of a thread I had forgotten to suture. So I took the opportunity for some pics of the body painting:

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 6 52840162665_ac783c514d_bLevina,
Lady of the Skies by D
B, auf Flickr

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 6 Img_73374cixk

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 6 Img_7339c4ez0

SPOILER front body painting / nudity:

Visisonor

Visisonor
That is really detailed outfit.
She looks wonderful.

Diana

Diana
So beautiful!!! Amazing work. Love the colours and the hair and the make up and the body paint and the feathers and... THAT SKIRT!!! And the feathers falling down her back are quite inspired. Very Happy

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Another stunning and highly creative figure! The way you did the 'feathers' on her skin is really beautiful.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum