OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*)

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Illusion

Illusion
Can't think of a particularly catchy title - but I suppose you get the gist of it. In this thread I will post stuff that I have made.

Contents:

Post # 1: Lilion, my first custom figure

Post # 12: Shoes and my first dress with beads...

Post # 24: Top and 20ies inspired dress

Post # 39: Yennis of Ysfangor

Post # 53: Yismani, an Ice Faye

Post # 85: Jewelry & Bottles/Flasks

Post # 111: More jewelry & watches

Post # 120: Zyralie, Lady of the Scarlet Sea

Post # 135: Rosaries

Post # 141: Metal wig

Post # 149: Lady Bird

As mentioned in my introduction of myself, it took me a while to start creating stuff of my own rather than just buying things. The great diversity of fellow collectors' creativity finally kicked me off.

Here's my first bash: Lilion
(she came with a little story about being the last guardian of mankind, but I'll skip this).
Apart from the trousers (and the metal pieces obviously), I did everything myself. You can already spot some seed beads...

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) 49013971487_6c22a0240c_c

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) 49013766826_427d6cd4f7_c

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) 49013766811_ff799e692c_c

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) 49013238218_07fc2c69fb_c

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) 49013766716_5ffc7f1224_c

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
That's really good work! I love how she and her outfit looks. And the owl flying towards her is a lovely detail too.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Beautiful creation, Illusion. All this extra work helps make this more convincing than so many commercially-available sets along these lines.

Illusion

Illusion
Actually I wanted to continue right away, but the following pics are not on Flickr but a different host site, which does not seem to agree with the forum.
I get the following message:
New members are not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days. Please contact the forum administrator for more information.

No problem. Let's try again next week. Old stuff - can wait a while longer...

Illusion

Illusion
Thanks a lot to the two of you!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Someone said the way to work around this problem (new member etc) is to delete from your post the text part that indicates the source website (excluding your image's actual URL, of course).

Chip

Nice figure and photography .

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow, very creative figure, Illusion! And so beautifully photographed. I love all the unique elements to her costume, she stands out as a one-of-a-kind design.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Illusion

Illusion
Thanks everyone. Glad you like her.

GubernatorFan wrote:Someone said the way to work around this problem (new member etc) is to delete from your post the text part that indicates the source website (excluding your image's actual URL, of course).

Thank you - but I would not know what else to delete. It looks like the „raw“ link to me... Let‘s just try again next week then. Very Happy

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wow! That is gorgeous work. The whole outfit looks fantastic. Cool figure and photos. Really impressed how you pulled that all together.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) C8485110

BAMComix

BAMComix
Wow! what a great figure and talent you have for making outfits! top work indeed!

Illusion

Illusion
I had to try again...  Rolling Eyes ... I don’t like being fooled by technology  alien

Being constantly disappointed by the meagre choice of High Heels for action figures (compared to the tons of elaborate shoes for fashion dolls), I tried to come up with some remedy - and there I was, hooked on seed beads...

Samples

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) Nska0

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) Lxjv8

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) Hvkkp

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) Gakwt

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) B3jup

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) Tejd2

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) 9akap

Shoes and jewelry are fair enough, but I felt like trying clothes with the beads too.

This was the first dress including beads, and it is still my favourite. I was and still am so happy to have managed to knit the body part "just right".

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) Xcj8l

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) 1vkoz

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) Pkjeh

(there is some room for improvement in the back - but heck, it was the first try, so what...)

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) I9k0r

to be continued

BAMComix

BAMComix
That is so cool!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Wow, very impressive work with the beads. And for all of the sparkliness, somehow your design manages to keep it, for the lack of a better word, plausible as well as striking.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh, how stunning! Truly exquisite work. And I share your frustration at the lack of fashion choices in the 1/6 action figure world. You seem to have found a brilliant solution!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
That are some stunning designs! Indeed the regular high heels are very basic. These look so much better. The ones in your last picture I like the most. They're so stylish. The bracelets and the necklaces are very nice too, expecially those that the girl in the white dress is wearing.
And the dresses are wonderful too! Especially the white dress.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Some really awesome work. That bead dress and the shoes are really cool. That dress, like your Elfin warrior, look amazing.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) C8485110

Diana

Diana
Holy cow!! That's impressive and super beautiful! Wonderful creations all around. Thank you so much for sharing! Very Happy

Illusion

Illusion
Thank you! I appreciate you taking the time to drop a line Very Happy

Ovy

Ovy
Ha, welcome!
I probably know most of your work by now, so I will keep it short:
In my opinion, you combine the realism and detail of 1/6 action figures with the classy style and fashionable fancyness of fashion dolls for maxmium success. From perfect beadwork to the clean and detailed photos it's always a marvel to look at.

Lilion was my favourite contest entry in 2019 and I gave her maximum points.

But I can tell you people, this is only the tip of the iceberg, much more to come in the future. Laughing

Illusion

Illusion
Ovy wrote:Ha, welcome!
I probably know most of your work by now, so I will keep it short:
In my opinion, you combine the realism and detail of 1/6 action figures with the classy style and fashionable fancyness of fashion dolls for maxmium success. From perfect beadwork to the clean and detailed photos it's always a marvel to look at.

Lilion was my favourite contest entry in 2019 and I gave her maximum points.

But I can tell you people, this is only the tip of the iceberg, much more to come in the future. Laughing

Embarassed
so sweet of you I love you - though it is stirring up expectations... I hope not to disappoint Very Happy Wink

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
That's some great work. Those shoes are fantastic, her clothing too specially the last one with her beaded dress, looks vintage and futuristic at the same time.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) 1f60e

Illusion

Illusion
Theboo-bomb wrote:That's some great work. Those shoes are fantastic, her clothing too specially the last one with her beaded dress, looks vintage and futuristic at the same time.

Thank you - interesting interpretation "vintage and futuristic"... I guess, I like that Laughing

Illusion

Illusion
well, I know these are quite a lot of pics and projects to start with but I would like to show this chronologically because there is some kind of step by step development and learning curve. (And I do have a spare moment right now. Wink )

Here‘s a top made of beads. Fortunately I had thought of slitting the sleeves; otherwise they would have looked pretty odd and rigid.

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) Exkf1

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) Vjj2w

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) Yok75

next was a dress with accessories.... shoes are still missing. Poor thing is lying in a box because she does not have shoes yet. Everyone else is spread in cabinets... but I keep forgetting about her in her box.... an odd dilemma... no shoes because not within sight but in a box and not in the cabinets because of no shoes...  Laughing

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) 49690764647_8c4c279cdd_c

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) 49690453806_83bb68578a_c

I wonder why many folks do not show the back of their creations (etsy, etc), I am always curious how the closures work and look like.

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) 49690765232_e6ecca9b32_c

... let‘s dim the light

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) 49690763762_049f064a95_c

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) 49689918198_b3b53c4b1d_c

The lesson learned from this was: beads rarely produce a cover flexible enough to maintain a figure's mobility. Meaning: the girl cannot sit down in this dress.

Conclusion: next time combine beads with fabrics. Given my close to zero enthusiasm, talent and knowledge of sewing, that is a challenge.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Beautiful figures and all designed so well! You are indeed a very creative lady! BTW, That sofa is terrific!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum