OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Illusion

There we go again with another elemental inspired figure - however, this is getting ever more "loosely elemental inspired". Today's underlying element is air.
Instead of sticking to the elements, I come up with fantasy ladies that are rooted in my little fantasy universe (that still does not have a name  Embarassed ) and link them with story fragments. (Good thing is: this way I am not limited to four Wink )

As the inhabitants of the Swarakian jungle had rarely been in contact with any creature from the surrounding areas, news of magic's recurrence got to them comparatively late. The scarce bird species that migrated for their courtship to the lowlands of Smarkand brought woozy tales of a great magic concussion, of Lilion and Endrik fighting against the superiority of mankind and of various kinds of magic beings being reborn or coming out of their hideouts.

A colony of brightly coloured birds of paradise was particularly interested in collecting all bits of news they could get hold of which they brought to the attention of a particularly majestic bird. When the repopulation of Iishaala by Yismani came up, the bird nodded gravely. She let out a loud shriek of goodbye and started flying north. The bird remembered perfectly where to look for Iishaala and it seemed to be the best place to confirm whether the tales of magic‘s return were true. Half way north the bird heard rumours of Lilion and Endrik resting in an old manor close to the capital, so she flew a little detour to check out this place.

After days of tireless flying the bird landed in the manor's sunroom and transformed for the first time after a couple of hundred years in exile into its true shape: Levina, Lady of the Skies, known by most only as Lady Bird.

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 7 52840198433_777a6c99b0_bLevina,
Lady of the Skies by D
B, auf Flickr

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 7 52839943449_60f49af6f3_bLevina,
Lady of the Skies by D
B, auf Flickr

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 7 52840162980_a790f1b7c3_bLevina,
Lady of the Skies by D
B, auf Flickr

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 7 52839185802_2b02d72597_bLevina,
Lady of the Skies by D
B, auf Flickr

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 7 52839754116_af9e8bbf19_bLevina,
Lady of the Skies by D
B, auf Flickr

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 7 52840197963_1159557d36_bLevina,
Lady of the Skies by D
B, auf Flickr

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 7 52840198023_c7e2c7fa57_bLevina,
Lady of the Skies by D
B, auf Flickr

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 7 52839753826_da746fbdd5_bLevina,
Lady of the Skies by D
B, auf Flickr

When starting new bead outfits I try to think of some new idea so as not to repeat myself all over, some new material/ totally different pattern… This time I had been determined to try something with feathers, but it took me a while to find out how to attach them (given that I rather hate sewing) They are glued into the beads and I am surprised they actually do stick in spite of having to penetrate the bead with needle and thread again after the gluing.

At times I am asked how long it takes me to do such an outfit and as I had wondered myself, I took notes and ended up with about 52 hours plus body painting and head modifications. I do not expect this to be anything special as it must take everyone of you quite a while to work on your creations, whether you are rooting, sewing, body painting….

Before starting to take pics I had to take off the skirt again because of a thread I had forgotten to suture. So I took the opportunity for some pics of the body painting:

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 7 52840162665_ac783c514d_bLevina,
Lady of the Skies by D
B, auf Flickr

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 7 Img_73374cixk

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 7 Img_7339c4ez0

SPOILER front body painting / nudity:

Visisonor

That is really detailed outfit.
She looks wonderful.

Diana

So beautiful!!! Amazing work. Love the colours and the hair and the make up and the body paint and the feathers and... THAT SKIRT!!! And the feathers falling down her back are quite inspired. Very Happy

skywalkersaga

Another stunning and highly creative figure! The way you did the 'feathers' on her skin is really beautiful.

Annalise

Annalise
Such intricate detail and wonderful colours! Looks amazing!

BAMComix

BAMComix
She looks amazing! so colourful.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
I concur with the others, she does look amazing. The bodypaint and feathered skirt especially, and they match very well.
Also is her bellypiercing a real eyecatcher.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Beautiful work. The bead work and feathers work great together. And I like how you matched her finger and tie nails and body paint altogether.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 7 1f10

Illusion

Illusion
Thanks a lot everyone!
Thanks for having a look and leaving a line Smile

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Oh I loooove this! I’m always in awe of anyone who can do beadwork and especially on such a small scale!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Absolutely gorgeous work. And, besides being impressively skillful, of course just so imaginative and artistic. The attention to detail is most impressive.

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
That is mind-boggling bead work, and such teeny feathers beautifully placed. They blend so well with the body painting - thanks for sharing!

Illusion

Illusion
Thanks for looking!
I appreciate your kind feedback I love you

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum