OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Theboo-bomb

That's some great work. Those shoes are fantastic, her clothing too specially the last one with her beaded dress, looks vintage and futuristic at the same time.

Illusion

Theboo-bomb wrote:That's some great work. Those shoes are fantastic, her clothing too specially the last one with her beaded dress, looks vintage and futuristic at the same time.

Thank you - interesting interpretation "vintage and futuristic"... I guess, I like that Laughing

Illusion

well, I know these are quite a lot of pics and projects to start with but I would like to show this chronologically because there is some kind of step by step development and learning curve. (And I do have a spare moment right now. Wink )

Here‘s a top made of beads. Fortunately I had thought of slitting the sleeves; otherwise they would have looked pretty odd and rigid.

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 2 Exkf1

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 2 Vjj2w

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 2 Yok75

next was a dress with accessories.... shoes are still missing. Poor thing is lying in a box because she does not have shoes yet. Everyone else is spread in cabinets... but I keep forgetting about her in her box.... an odd dilemma... no shoes because not within sight but in a box and not in the cabinets because of no shoes...  Laughing

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 2 49690764647_8c4c279cdd_c

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 2 49690453806_83bb68578a_c

I wonder why many folks do not show the back of their creations (etsy, etc), I am always curious how the closures work and look like.

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 2 49690765232_e6ecca9b32_c

... let‘s dim the light

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 2 49690763762_049f064a95_c

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 2 49689918198_b3b53c4b1d_c

The lesson learned from this was: beads rarely produce a cover flexible enough to maintain a figure's mobility. Meaning: the girl cannot sit down in this dress.

Conclusion: next time combine beads with fabrics. Given my close to zero enthusiasm, talent and knowledge of sewing, that is a challenge.

BAMComix

Beautiful figures and all designed so well! You are indeed a very creative lady! BTW, That sofa is terrific!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
These are gorgeous. I especially like the bead top. I see what you mean about the flexibility of the dress, but your photos still make them both look elegant and lovely. I really like your choice of backdrops and furniture/accessories, as they work great together.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 2 C8485110

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Again some stunning creations. It's a bit of a disappointment that she can't sit down in the dress. But the shots of her lying down and relaxing on the couch are wonderful too. I love that the dress is a bit seethrough, but that you can't really see anything through it.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow, stunning! Yet more amazing work with those beads. And the photos are extremely elegant. That red chaise lounge looks so sumptuous and makes the perfect setting for her.

Is that the official tbleague 'Career Killer Kiyoha' head, or is it one of the knock offs? It looks great. And is that the s33b body? I'm always curious about those kinds of details. : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
You make up for your alleged lack of enthusiasm and skill in sewing with complete mastery of beadwork. I love that last one, even if she can't sit properly.

Illusion

Illusion
Thanks so much everyone. I love you I am glad you enjoy my stuff.
The red sofa is one of my favourite pieces of furniture.

skywalkersaga wrote:...

Is that the official tbleague 'Career Killer Kiyoha' head, or is it one of the knock offs? It looks great. And is that the s33b body? I'm always curious about those kinds of details. : )

It is the original. By the time I got it, I had not known there would be knock offs (meanwhile I learned to be cautious when buying Laughing , but the knock offs of TBLeague heads normally turn out surprisingly good, I suppose)
I think I would have wanted the original either way as I simply LOVE that head. I got the complete figure and sold her outfit. Not a bad outfit but I preferred to cash in and do without it. Her body was used on a different figure which is next in line in this thread.

It is not the s33b but the s17b. I like that one because of the smaller chest. Would love to see s24 and s25 with this smaller chest. But I suppose that will not happen soon. Crying or Very sad
I will try to remember to provide that type of information for future figures Wink

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Illusion wrote:Thanks so much everyone.  I love you  I am glad you enjoy my stuff.
The red sofa is one of my favourite pieces of furniture.

I can see why!! It's awesome.

illusion wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:...

It is the original. By the time I got it, I had not known there would be knock offs (meanwhile I learned to be cautious when buying Laughing , but the knock offs of TBLeague heads normally turn out surprisingly good, I suppose)
I think I would have wanted the original either way as I simply LOVE that head. I got the complete figure and sold her outfit. Not a bad outfit but I preferred to cash in and do without it. Her body was used on a different figure which is next in line in this thread.

It is not the s33b but the s17b. I like that one because of the smaller chest. Would love to see s24 and s25 with this smaller chest. But I suppose that will not happen soon. Crying or Very sad
I will try to remember to provide that type of information for future figures Wink

Ahh, yes, I can see the s17b now. : ) I think the bust looked amplified by the angle and threw me off a bit. But yeah, it looks great. And I had only seen the knock offs of that tbleague head so far, and I do think the original is even better. You made a really gorgeous figure of her.

And I'm totally right there with you wishing for a s25b type with a smaller bust. For now, I sometimes do a bust reduction on those ones, but it only works with outfits that completely hide that area.

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Your ladies and their outfits looks amazing! Very Happy

tankgirlfuzzy

tankgirlfuzzy
Your custom work is just exquisite, I can just imagine how much time and effort it takes to create such pieces. (Oh, and welcome!) Fashion figures/dolls are usually not my thing, but I definitely appreciate beautiful and skilled work such as yours. Looking forward to seeing your other stuff soon!

Illusion

Illusion
Thanks again everyone. I appreciate your feedback.

skywalkersaga wrote:
And I'm totally right there with you wishing for a s25b type with a smaller bust. For now, I sometimes do a bust reduction on those ones, but it only works with outfits that completely hide that area.

oh, that is interesting. I am sure you have posted the process, or at least results somewhere. Would you have a link to a respective thread at hand? If not, I suppose I will come across it sooner or later.
I know someone who has been planning to try breast surgery for a while but has not gotten around to actually do it.

tankgirlfuzzy wrote:Your custom work is just exquisite, I can just imagine how much time and effort it takes to create such pieces. (Oh, and welcome!) Fashion figures/dolls are usually not my thing, but I definitely appreciate beautiful and skilled work such as yours. Looking forward to seeing your other stuff soon!

Thank you. Appreciate you taking the time to comment though it is not really your area of interest. Maybe some of my other pics will be closer to your collection focus, such as this  Wink :

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 2 48428505212_8f87623b06

I guess, I will start a thread with my favourites of my non custom collection when I am up to date here with my custom stuff.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
She's got a nice ride. And also a nice outfit, I'd say. I'd like to see more pictures of her.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Great use of Villa! She looks awesome. Cool

Illusion wrote:oh, that is interesting. I am sure you have posted the process, or at least results somewhere. Would you have a link to a respective thread at hand? If not, I suppose I will come across it sooner or later.
I know someone who has been planning to try breast surgery for a while but has not gotten around to actually do it.

No worries, you didn't miss the post... I haven't actually made a post specifically about it yet. The process is fairly simple, but it only works if you are willing to 'damage' a tbleague body. Since most of my figures are intended to be left in their respective outfits permanently, it's not an issue for me. But I know some people are protective of their seamless figures and like to keep their options open.

The way I do it is to wash off the protective powder from the body, and let it dry. Then once it's dry, I decide how much I want to take off the bust (usually you don't even need to remove that much, even just a slight reduction helps make it look more natural). I then draw a faint line with a pen or something that works on the seamless body, to guide me so I can see where I'm cutting. I go to the base of the breasts and essentially draw a crescent there, and I slice it out with an exacto knife. It requires careful handling at that part, so as not to slice anything else on the body (or yourself, lol). Sometimes I have to cut the last bit away using a tiny pair of sharp scissors. I make sure I've cut the same size 'slice' out of the bottom of each breast, and then I press them back down against the body using a piece of clingfilm (plastic wrap), which I wrap around the body like it's a tube top. A more ideal way to press it down would be to use some kind of glue to keep it down permanently, but I haven't found a glue that works yet. So I just use the plastic wrap for now. It works for outfits that don't require too deep of cleavage and that don't have an open back. You could skip the plastic wrap entirely if the top of the outfit is tight enough (like a corset or something).

Kind of a rambling explanation, but hope it makes sense. I have successfully used this method to fit an s25b body into a vintage doll outfit, which I otherwise wouldn't have been able to use with it.  I can take pics at some point but I keep forgetting to do so before dressing the figure... whoops! I'm about to do another one soon, so I will try to remember to take some pics this time. ;p

Illusion

Illusion
skywalkersaga wrote:Great use of Villa! She looks awesome. Cool

Illusion wrote:oh, that is interesting. I am sure you have posted the process, or at least results somewhere. Would you have a link to a respective thread at hand? If not, I suppose I will come across it sooner or later.

No worries, you didn't miss the post... I haven't actually made a post specifically about it yet. The process is fairly simple, but it only works if you are willing to 'damage' a tbleague body. Since most of my figures are intended to be left in their respective outfits permanently, it's not an issue for me. But I know some people are protective of their seamless figures and like to keep their options open.

The way I do it is to wash off the protective powder from the body, and let it dry. Then once it's dry, I decide how much I want to take off the bust (usually you don't even need to remove that much, even just a slight reduction helps make it look more natural). I then draw a faint line with a pen or something that works on the seamless body, to guide me so I can see where I'm cutting. I go to the base of the breasts and essentially draw a crescent there, and I slice it out with an exacto knife. It requires careful handling at that part, so as not to slice anything else on the body (or yourself, lol). Sometimes I have to cut the last bit away using a tiny pair of sharp scissors. I make sure I've cut the same size 'slice' out of the bottom of each breast, and then I press them back down against the body using a piece of clingfilm (plastic wrap), which I wrap around the body like it's a tube top. A more ideal way to press it down would be to use some kind of glue to keep it down permanently, but I haven't found a glue that works yet. So I just use the plastic wrap for now. It works for outfits that don't require too deep of cleavage and that don't have an open back. You could skip the plastic wrap entirely if the top of the outfit is tight enough (like a corset or something).

Kind of a rambling explanation, but hope it makes sense. I have successfully used this method to fit an s25b body into a vintage doll outfit, which I otherwise wouldn't have been able to use with it.  I can take pics at some point but I keep forgetting to do so before dressing the figure... whoops! I'm about to do another one soon, so I will try to remember to take some pics this time. ;p

thanks a lot for the details... sounds about like I would have tried to attack this. Good to know that the smaller bust needs to be held down by tape or similar. After a brief discussion with my next S24 project we decided to be better safe than sorry and work with what we have there Very Happy

Illusion

Illusion
TravelGuide wrote:She's got a nice ride. And also a nice outfit, I'd say. I'd like to see more pictures of her.

Thank you.
I will eventually post some further pics in a separate thread. Very Happy

Illusion

Illusion
as envisaged: beads in combination with fabric to preserve the figure's mobility

Yennis of Ysfangor, Queen of Ysfangor's Ice Magicians

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 2 49845740851_2b11168d85_c

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 2 49845739451_11b8a39641_c

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 2 49845246998_fb372f1b13_c

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 2 49845739461_c3d626dd01_c

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 2 49845197338_96d92478d9_c

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 2 49845197378_c0dfe79eda_c

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 2 49845739331_66fcf08dba_c

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 2 49845198523_7abe12def2_c

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 2 49845798191_24d0ca1b41_c

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 2 49845739711_30729d9f4e_c

there are little hooks at the back so you can undress her if necessary

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 2 49846042122_f5370f5a21_c

Body: TBLeague Killer Kiyoha, can't tell which production number that would be
Head: Kimi KT007

Based on another collector's comment in a German forum, I got the idea to also plan a Queen of Fire Magicians.... followed by ... how predictable... Earth and Wind. But none of these has been started so far.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Another stunning creation! The crown and staff are incredible. Love that silver colour scheme. I also love the backdrop and your photography in general -- nice use of the Iron Throne. Wink Really beautiful figure and photo shoot.

Diana

Diana
Oh wow! That is just wonderful! I especially love that first close-up.
And YAY for elemental themes!! I am very much looking forward to those, as well as all the creations that have come since this one. Very Happy

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Excellent work! And she does work so well with that throne.

Illusion

Illusion
Once again: thanks a lot everyone  I love you

skywalkersaga wrote:Another stunning creation! The crown and staff are incredible. Love that silver colour scheme. I also love the backdrop and your photography in general -- nice use of the Iron Throne. Wink Really beautiful figure and photo shoot.
GubernatorFan wrote:Excellent work! And she does work so well with that throne.

Appreciate it. Btw: the crown was made by a Thai jeweller. I got it from a Thai fashion doll collector who lives in Germany now. Could not help but buy it because it is a close copy of Ravenna's crown in Snow White and the Huntsman. The movie is not really such a gem, but I have always been a fan of the costumes...
The Iron Throne was the piece that got me hooked up on action figures. Saw it with some Fashion Dolls, started looking for it on the web, ended up in an action figure shop. Fate sealed.

Diana wrote:Oh wow! That is just wonderful! I especially love that first close-up.
And YAY for elemental themes!! I am very much looking forward to those, as well as all the creations that have come since this one. Very Happy

Thanks for still enjoying elemental themes  Laughing - some may consider them a bit overused, so what... however, it should be quite a while until one of those will be done.

There are two more ladies in my archive - and a third that I finished yesterday. Still have to take decent figures of her one of these days.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
She's magnificent! The top is truly amazing.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Wow! She's beautiful -- that outfit is great. The crown and her staff, not to mention all the bead work, really pulls it all together nicely. The throne suits her. And, yes. It will be great to see the other "Elements" represented. The level of intricacy you put into your clothing is inspirational. (If you haven't checked out her more "barbaric" clothing for her figures, you should check out Ephiane (member here, and also from Germany) -- she makes some really great fantasy figures, all the clothing, and some funny (and sometimes dark) storylines with her creations.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 2 C8485110

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Some more nice dresses, the one laying on the divan could be a photo for an ad, maybe of something expensive.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Illusion‘s creations (Update 25 Apr 2023: *Lady Bird*) - Page 2 1f60e

Illusion

Illusion

Thank you!

Stryker2011 wrote:Wow! She's beautiful -- that outfit is great. The crown and her staff, not to mention all the bead work, really pulls it all together nicely. The throne suits her. And, yes. It will be great to see the other "Elements" represented. The level of intricacy you put into your clothing is inspirational. (If you haven't checked out her more "barbaric" clothing for her figures, you should check out Ephiane (member here, and also from Germany) -- she makes some really great fantasy figures, all the clothing, and some funny (and sometimes dark) storylines with her creations.

yes, I have seen some of Ephiane‘s creations and stories. Very impressive, off the beaten track, remarkable and inspirational. Gradually I will try to catch up with as much „old“ posts as possible.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Wow! great set up and figure! that throne is so cool!

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Illusion, such stunning work!!!! Ovy has shared some of your projects with me before, and so nice to finally comment directly. Your beadwork really is so gorgeous, and completely unique from what I've seen anyone doing before. It has such a high fashion feel to it, even when incorporated into a fantasy setting. Absolutely mind-blowing. And welcome to OSF!

Illusion

Illusion
Thank you very much. I am glad you are enjoying the pics.

ReverendSpooky wrote:Illusion, such stunning work!!!!  Ovy has shared some of your projects with me before, and so nice to finally comment directly.  Your beadwork really is so gorgeous, and completely unique from what I've seen anyone doing before.  It has such a high fashion feel to it, even when incorporated into a fantasy setting.  Absolutely mind-blowing.  And welcome to OSF!

Thank you! so kind of you - I am trying to bring a bit of my fashion dolls' glamour to the action figure side, and somehow I ended up with these beads... I can bring up such a lot more patience for the beads than for fabrics or anything else.
I am looking forward to browsing your creations, esp. Geralt Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum