OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
This was supposed to be "Sonja and Arhian go sailing," but apparantly Arhian got distracted during her journey*. They departed at roughly the same time, but her arrival is delayed. Maybe she took a different route or she found some nice cities to raid. If the last is the case, I hope she brings a chest with gold with her Very Happy

Anyway, Sonja grew impatient and wanted to try out the boat.

* Topictitle changed when Arhian arrived

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 Img_4743

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 Img_4744

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 Img_4745

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 Img_4746

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 Img_4747

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 Img_4749

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 Img_4748

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 Img_4810

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 Img_4812

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 Img_4811

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 Img_4813

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 Img_4814

Diana

Diana
YES!!! So cool!
While seeing those stiff hands and feet always saddens me a little, I do think for the value she is one great figure! So fun to look at and who knew she could sail, too! It certainly suits her. But I bet she'll be glad when Arhian finally arrives to take charge of the trip/ship. Smile

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Diana wrote:YES!!! So cool!
While seeing those stiff hands and feet always saddens me a little, I do think for the value she is one great figure! So fun to look at and who knew she could sail, too! It certainly suits her. But I bet she'll be glad when Arhian finally arrives to take charge of the trip/ship. Smile

Thank you!
The stiff hands and feet are indeed a bit of a shame. But as you say, she is fun to look at.

Early this afternoon Sonja spotted a monster in the livingroom and didn't hesitate to attack it.

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 Img_4819

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 Img_4820

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 Img_4822

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 Img_4821

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 Img_4817

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 Img_4818

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 Img_4824

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 Img_4823

And look who appeared later this afternoon.
Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 Img_4816

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 Img_4815

Unfortunately she didn't bring a chest with gold  Neutral And she has forgotten her cloak Crying or Very sad It wasn't in the box. I don't really see where it should have been either, the only place that was vacant was some space above the base. I guess it could have fit there. I contacted the seller (I got her from Ebay).

I really like her outfit. It is more convincing to me than Sonja's. She's a lovely figure cheers Her boots have the same issue as Sonja's. There is no movement in her ankle due to the stiff plastic boots.

davidd

davidd
Congratulations on the new additions to your growing collection! Good to see them having adventures right out of the box!

And it's always fun to see that wonderful sailboat model!

Diana

Diana
Shame about the cloak! Was the box still sealed? Did you remove everything from the box? Are you absolutely sure there wasn't another layer of foam?

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
davidd wrote:Congratulations on the new additions to your growing collection! Good to see them having adventures right out of the box!

And it's always fun to see that wonderful sailboat model!
Thanks. My collections grew by 40% this week (due to these two).

I got them for sailing the boat, so it made sense to put Sonja in it as soon as I could.

Diana wrote:Shame about the cloak! Was the box still sealed? Did you remove everything from the box? Are you absolutely sure there wasn't another layer of foam?
Yes, the box was sealed. I only noticed the cloak was missing when I already had everything out and was looking at the promotionpictures to determine what was supposed to go where. When I ordered her, I wasn't sure I'd like the cloak anyway, it looks very stiff on the promopics. So I didn't really think about it.

When I noticed it, I took al the foam out (again), even all the loose pieces of foam that held the small pieces in their place. Looked carefully in every hole. And then took pictures and send the seller a message, after checking the original listing and the TBLeauge website, to see if it the cloak was mentioned in the contents. And it was.

I don't think she really needs the cloak, but since it's supposed to be in there, I kinda want to have it. I like her anyway. IMO she's overall a much better looking figure than Sonja.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
They both look great, and the ship worked out so well!

You could perhaps find a 1/12 scale cloak to replace it...sometimes custom one with wire are available, might be worth a look. : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Poor Sonja looked so lonesome on the ship... but the ship works well for this scale. I hope Arhian would talk her out of violating that poor "monster." Good luck with the cape situation.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
skywalkersaga wrote:They both look great, and the ship worked out so well!

You could perhaps find a 1/12 scale cloak to replace it...sometimes custom one with wire are available, might be worth a look. : )
Thank you!
As said, I contacted the seller and got a reply by now. He is contacting his supplier now.

GubernatorFan wrote:Poor Sonja looked so lonesome on the ship... but the ship works well for this scale. I hope Arhian would talk her out of violating that poor "monster." Good luck with the cape situation.
Thank you! The ship indeed works really well.

Arhian took the helm and Sonja was on the lookout. When she thought she's spotted something Arhian came up to the bow to take a look too.

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 Img_4836

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 Img_4834

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 Img_4835

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 Img_4837

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 Img_4838

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 Img_4839

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 Img_4840

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 Img_4841

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 Img_4842

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 Img_4843

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 Img_4910

(I only noticed afterwards that Arhian's belt slipped upwards when she was seated. The leather is stiff, so it doesn't fold between her legs when she's seated).

It would have been nice if they'd had a hand that points into the distance. Arhian came with a right trigger hand, but that doesn't quite work for pointing.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice shots with the boat, and Sonja and Arhian work well together as companions.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 C8485110

Gizems nice Kittens

Gizems nice Kittens
Now I have seen the thread here. The two of them fit the boat really well, I'm looking forward to their adventures together. If the two of them can clear the seas, maybe Bernadette can venture out to sea too.
You didn't miss much with the cloak, I think it's more of a rag than a garment.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Stryker2011 wrote:Nice shots with the boat, and Sonja and Arhian work well together as companions.

Gizems nice Kittens wrote:Now I have seen the thread here. The two of them fit the boat really well, I'm looking forward to their adventures together. If the two of them can clear the seas, maybe Bernadette can venture out to sea too.
You didn't miss much with the cloak, I think it's more of a rag than a garment.

Thank you both! I'm very pleased with how they look on the boat.

Since it's now a holday in China, a solution with the cloak may take awhile.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Arhian’s cloak is a royal pain. There are two tiny holes on either side of the cloak right near front edge. Then there are decorative pins that go through the holes in the cloak and into the matching holes on the shoulder guards. I found it very difficult to get the pins into the shoulder guards, especially the one on the left. I finally got it on, but when I later went to remove it (and I am VERY gentle with my figures) the hole on the left side of the cloak tore because there’s like, a millimeter, between the edge of the hole and the front edge of the cloak.

I’m sure I can fix it with a needle and thread or some glue, but honestly. It’s not worth the hassle. She looks better without it IMHO. Hopefully you’ll get your cloak, but trust me...you’re not missing much.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Xavion2004 wrote:you’re not missing much.
I thought so. We'll see.

More pics of these ladies.
Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 Img_4926

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 Img_4927

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 Img_4925

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 Img_4928

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 Img_4930

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 Img_4929

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 Img_4932

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 Img_4931

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I really appreciate all of your pictures. I’m still undecided on Red Sonja, and being able to see such clear pictures of the final production figure will really help me in making a final decision.

I really want a “clean” Red Sonja without all of the cuts and blood on her armor, but I don’t know if TBLeague has any plans to make one. If they stay true to form and continue to make 1:12 versions of 1:6 figures they’ve previously released, the next 1:12 Red Sonja will probably be the steampunk version. I could always put her on a new body to get rid of the cuts, but I doubt I’d be able to remove the blood from her armor without ruining it.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I especially like the photos showing how well these two fit inside the boat.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Yeah, the scale is perfect. Looks like there’s still plenty of room for a Valkyrie, too. Wink

Valiarde

Valiarde
That boat looks nice! Good scale for these figures

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Xavion2004 wrote:I really appreciate all of your pictures.  I’m still undecided on Red Sonja, and being able to see such clear pictures of the final production figure will really help me in making a final decision.

I really want a “clean” Red Sonja without all of the cuts and blood on her armor, but I don’t know if TBLeague has any plans to make one.   If they stay true to form and continue to make 1:12 versions of 1:6 figures they’ve previously released, the next 1:12 Red Sonja will probably be the steampunk version.   I could always put her on a new body to get rid of the cuts, but I doubt I’d be able to remove the blood from her armor without ruining it.
Thank you!

I'm not fond of the wounds either. I think it's a challenge to put her armor together again after you've taken it of (as I experienced with her bikini). Instead of cleaning the armor, it's probably better to touch it up with a bit of paint.

GubernatorFan wrote:I especially like the photos showing how well these two fit inside the boat.
Thank you! They fit nicely in it.

Xavion2004 wrote:Yeah, the scale is perfect.   Looks like there’s still plenty of room for a Valkyrie, too.  Wink
Thank you! Indeed there seems to be room for one or two more crewmembers.

Valiarde wrote:That boat looks nice! Good scale for these figures
Thank you! Indeed it looks perfect for them.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Hi, TravelGuide - I found a replacement cloak for my Arhian on eBay (US) for 15 USD shipped.  I don’t know if that’s an option for you, but the seller does ship worldwide:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-12-Scale-TBLeague-PL2019-157-The-City-of-Terror-Assiya-Cloak-Model-for-6-Doll/133561080438?hash=item1f18dc5a76:g:rHAAAOSwuDBfm3xY

I know I said she looks better without it, but I still don’t like having an “incomplete” or “broken” accessory on a figure.  I know you’re trying to go though official channels to get a cloak for your Arian, but this might be quicker and easier.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Thanks for the tip, but I'm not that keen on the cloak that I'm going to spend €15 for it, before being compensated.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I wish I was that sensible. I may never actually put the replacement cloak on her for fear of ruining another one, but I’ll feel better knowing it’s there.

The vendor I normally buy from just got Red Sonja in stock yesterday. She won’t last long, so I’d better make a decision soon. I did order Tariah from Giantoy and Arian (Prirate) from an eBay seller, so that will bring me up to five with Arian (CoH), Skarah, and Vampirella. I should probably slow down a bit. I tend to get a little overzealous when I start collecting a new line of figures.

Sorry if I’m overly talkative, especially for a newbie. It’s just that this is really the only place I’ve found to talk about these figures, and the pictures that all of you have shared are fantastic. I’m surprised at how little information is available on these figures (especially You Tube reviews) since they seem to sell out fairly quickly and the aftermarket prices are pretty high.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Xavion2004 wrote:I wish I was that sensible.  I may never actually put the replacement cloak on her for fear of ruining another one, but I’ll feel better knowing it’s there.
As I said in one of the first posts, at first I didn't even notice the cloak wasn't there, because I didn't even like it. Meantime the seller hasn't come up with anything solid yet, but it's not a big loss.

The vendor I normally buy from just got Red Sonja in stock yesterday.  She won’t last long, so I’d better make a decision soon.  I did order Tariah from Giantoy and Arian (Prirate) from an eBay seller, so that will bring me up to five with Arian (CoH), Skarah, and Vampirella.  I should probably slow down a bit.  I tend to get a little overzealous when I start collecting a new line of figures.

Sorry if I’m overly talkative, especially for a newbie.  It’s just that this is really the only place I’ve found to talk about these figures, and the pictures that all of you have shared are fantastic.  I’m surprised at how little information is available on these figures (especially You Tube reviews) since they seem to sell out fairly quickly and the aftermarket prices are pretty high.
No problem, it's nice to hear the pictures are appreciated Smile And I was a bit surprised too that there is little to find about them. As you say, unboxing videos are hard to find, and even here there aren't many photos of them. There wasn't even a new product thread for Arhian.

Looks like you're getting a nice collection Smile

Diana

Diana
TravelGuide wrote:There wasn't even a new product thread for Arhian.
Until recently there wasn't much going on in this 1/12 section of the forum, so I'm very happy that you all have joined!

I'm definitely all for "NEW PRODUCT" posts. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Anyone is welcome to post New Product threads -- and more than welcome to post the 1/12 stuff (since this is primarily a 1/6 forum), and it takes a LOT of work and time to post in the 1/6 scale NP section, I don't have the time (nor, really, the inclination) to post them here in this sub-section. Folks can even post NP threads in the 1/6 section if so inclined. I don't always catch things right away, or when I do, I'm often at work and it's not always conducive to posting.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 C8485110

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum