OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

WIP Red Sonja figure

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1WIP Red Sonja figure Empty WIP Red Sonja figure Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:24 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Hi there,

I'm a longterm lurker on this forum. Having recently started to do some custom figures, I would like to share a few pictures.
Here are a some snapshots from a recent Red Sonja figure that I have put together. The HT jessica Biel headsculpt is just a placeholder, as I'm still looking for a better one.

Since I'm a beginner with photography, I think I overdid it with the colorful light  Shocked

Thanks for watching.

WIP Red Sonja figure 51385485463_7e50699850_kCJ3A2511 by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

WIP Red Sonja figure 51385487573_39383f1688_kCJ3A2502 by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

WIP Red Sonja figure 51385980674_96f81f3daf_kCJ3A2496 by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

2WIP Red Sonja figure Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:37 am

ElBundy

ElBundy
Nice figure and nice photo shoots. To complete the steam punk style of Red Sonja you should add an antique pistol. As far as the head sculpt is concerned: It should at least be red-haired. Wink

3WIP Red Sonja figure Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:25 am

Diana

Diana
Welcome to the board!! And thank you or sharing those beautiful shots! I actually really like the first purple shot. Very moody. Smile

I didn't even see "steam punk" here. I just thought "Finally! She has some armor!" Laughing

Well done! Looking forward to seeing her with the final head sculpt, whether it be red-haired or not. Wink

4WIP Red Sonja figure Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:45 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
@ElBundy
Thanks. Actually, I was trying to recreate the outfit of the "Queen of Scavengers"-Statue by Sideshow. But I also like the Steampunk aesthetics and might even modify the figure in the future.

Concerning the hair color, I also tested a Black Widow headsculpt. Maybe you like this better... Laughing

WIP Red Sonja figure 51380465841_9dcbd9ea3f_kCJ3A2475 by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

@Diana
Thank you. The first picture is also my favorite one. I really like the "Jessica Biel"-headsculpt because of the expression and have even thought about repainting the hair, but I'm too afraid to mess up such an rare and expensive head.

5WIP Red Sonja figure Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:29 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I really like what you’ve done here.  The problem with Red Sonja is that she can look dynamic in 2D print and 3D statutes in her basic gloves, boots, and metal bikini, and but she’s kind of boring in figure form.  She needs that extra gear you have her to really pop.

6WIP Red Sonja figure Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:56 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nicely done. I like all the extras you’ve added to her.

And welcome, glad you decided to start sharing.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

WIP Red Sonja figure C8485110

7WIP Red Sonja figure Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:57 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I like both versions a lot, and don't miss the steampunk version one bit (prefer the more ancient fantasy/legend setting). The outfit may conform to fantasy skimpiness, but it is rich enough and ornate enough without using completely implausible elements like TBLeague's recent obsession with various skulls of impossible sizes. Both head sculpts are very effective, and in the warm glow of the setting sun (through some volcanic clouds?) I don't even notice much that the Jessica Biel head sculpt does not sport sufficiently red hair. On the other hand, the more nordic features of Scarlett Johansen work better with Sonja's name. Why not make two figures, and call them cousins? Smile

8WIP Red Sonja figure Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:30 pm

londonroadhog

I love theses... And please don't underestimate your photography skills. I think the lighting looks great, nice and moody. I look like the first image.

Photography is so subjective. What one person loves, another hates. Go with what you love...

As for the outfit. I wish my Red Sonja in 1/12 had that outfit. I might look into modifying mine now... Although, at the moment, she isn't wearing the traditional outfit... I'd give you a sneak peak, but I've only got my 1/6 version at the moment... The 1/12 is similar, but not quite the same..

WIP Red Sonja figure Red_so10

Actually, I have found a 1/12 version image... Here it is:

WIP Red Sonja figure Red_so11

I still need to make her a robe...

9WIP Red Sonja figure Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:36 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
@ Xavion
I feel very much the same. The extra pieces of armor that were added in the "Queen of Scavenger"-design were the primary reason I liked the outfit so much.

see here for the original artwork:
https://www.sideshow.com/blog/red-sonja-queen-of-scavengers-art-print/

@Stryker2011
Thanks. I have several little projects in the works, and I would be very happy to share my progress with the nice folks here.

@GubernatorFan
Thanks for the feedback. I planned to also try the new GACToys Taylor Swift head (red-haired) on this figure, but it turns out that it is a tiny bit too small for the S29 body I'm using. I think I will look around a little further... or make multiple Sonjas, as you propose. Very Happy

@londonroadhog
The use of these bandages as an outfit is a very interesting concept. I recently also looked into 1/12 TBleague figures, as I like the fantasy figure line "Mythic Legions" very much and thought it would be great to combine figures from both "realms". However, I found it much more difficult to produce good pictures at this scale. So, my plans for 1/12 figures are on ice at the moment.

10WIP Red Sonja figure Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:00 pm

londonroadhog

Randam Hajile wrote:@ Xavion
The use of these bandages as an outfit is a very interesting concept. I recently also looked into 1/12 TBleague figures, as I like the fantasy figure line "Mythic Legions" very much and thought it would be great to combine figures from both "realms". However, I found it much more difficult to produce good pictures at this scale. So, my plans for 1/12 figures are on ice at the moment.  

Thanks. The “bandages” are actually Plumber’s tape.. As for 1/12, I’ve moved my Red Sonja story to 1/12 purely because making a straw hut for the tribe/camp, would be huge in 1/6 scale, and I just don’t have the space for it. So I am trying to see if I can move to 1/12 for that story… It is my first attempt to try making a story from 1/12, so hoping I can pull it off. We can only wait and see…

11WIP Red Sonja figure Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:07 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Smile You can make them Sonja and Tonja (or similar) -- sisters, cousins, whatever. I tried something a little along these lines here:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3810-cynanesque-female-fantasy-warriors-updated-with-part-ii-agathodaimon

I hope you have seen the various versions of the Taylor Swift head sculpt in recent posts on the New Product announcement topic that covered it, here:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t4304-new-product-gactoys-1-6-european-and-american-pop-female-singer-head-sculpture-gc042-abcde#63066

I think it works well enough on S25B, but also some earlier bodies.

12WIP Red Sonja figure Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:09 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
I rummaged through my collection of of loose parts and came across an older female IDF soldier head that I had almost forgotten about. While it looks pretty good on the figure, the face is much too friendly and cute to be a fierce warrior. So instead of the goblin battle scene that I intended to shoot, I ended up with this image...     Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

WIP Red Sonja figure 51388274250_32873f0d87_kCJ3A2529 by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr\

I should really go to bed now...

13WIP Red Sonja figure Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:39 pm

davidd

davidd
Awwww...! Razz

14WIP Red Sonja figure Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:19 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Is that me of the Mystic Forge figures? He looks pretty “cute” like that, despite being an ugly little cuss.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

WIP Red Sonja figure C8485110

15WIP Red Sonja figure Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:18 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Fantastic bash! I think if I were you I would struggle to pick a head, as they all look great! I like the pics too, adds a sense of mystery to the character! Thanks for sharing Very Happy .

16WIP Red Sonja figure Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:17 am

Diana

Diana
Haha! That shot is awesome!! Though I don't actually think she looks all that soft. Cute, yes. But I think there is a glint in her eye that betrays her. That expression could be read as "Oh, you want a piece of me? Well, then come get it!" Wink

That is one beautiful head sculpt! Need to go hunt for it now.

17WIP Red Sonja figure Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:29 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
@GubernatorFan
Thanks for the link to your thread. Great bashes and background story.

@Stryker2011
That's a goblin from the Mythic Legions line. The smaller critters scale well with 1/6 figures due to their slightly exaggerated proportions. I also have a troll that is almost 12" size.

@BAMComix
Thank you.

18WIP Red Sonja figure Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:37 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
@Diana
Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
You must have looked at my other Flickr pictures... You are completely right about that murderous glint in her eyes.

WIP Red Sonja figure 51388003274_7454d275ed_kCJ3A2522_brighter by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

19WIP Red Sonja figure Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:42 am

Diana

Diana
OMG!!!  WIP Red Sonja figure 1f60d  WIP Red Sonja figure 1f60d  WIP Red Sonja figure 1f60d

Favorite picture so far!! Very Happy

20WIP Red Sonja figure Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:12 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice shooting pose. Was it difficult to keep it looking right? Perhaps a maniacal look in her eyes? Smile
And thanks for the kind words.

21WIP Red Sonja figure Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:24 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
Neat. I 2nd image with the focus on the arrow tip might work also.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

22WIP Red Sonja figure Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:53 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
@Ukshaun and GubernatorFan
This shot really freaked me out - although posing was actually not a big problem. I wanted to have the dead goblin slightly out of focus, as the limited articulation of the figure is especially noticeable when lying on the floor. So I played with the aperture, and the automatics of the camera always interfered, making everything much too dark for some strange reason. Also, I couldn't get the bow and arrow in focus because of limited depths of field. I almost deleted this shot like most of the others that I took, but then tried to crank up brightness in the photo manager and felt it was OK. I'm somewhat surprised that most people seem to like this shot so much. I guess my perception was tainted by my previous experience taking the photo. scratch Very Happy

23WIP Red Sonja figure Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:13 pm

davidd

davidd
Seriously cool archery pic!

24WIP Red Sonja figure Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:42 am

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Welcome aboard, your first figure is great and looks amazing, I hope to see more of your work soon!

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! WIP Red Sonja figure 1f60e

25WIP Red Sonja figure Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:13 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Here is a little update on this figure. I've now put a modified Tbleague 'Spartan Goddess of War' on the figure.

Thanks for watching.

WIP Red Sonja figure 51428839365_604b0c858f_kCJ3A2641 by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

I've also added a cloak ...

WIP Red Sonja figure 51428607584_11aa51094b_kCJ3A2661adj by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

WIP Red Sonja figure 51428599859_c1bcbe1d90_kCJ3A2667adj by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

WIP Red Sonja figure 51427846906_c71fe84d3b_kCJ3A2671adj by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

WIP Red Sonja figure 51428819855_befac2e0c3_kCJ3A2675 by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum