OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Xavion2004

I wish I was that sensible. I may never actually put the replacement cloak on her for fear of ruining another one, but I’ll feel better knowing it’s there.

The vendor I normally buy from just got Red Sonja in stock yesterday. She won’t last long, so I’d better make a decision soon. I did order Tariah from Giantoy and Arian (Prirate) from an eBay seller, so that will bring me up to five with Arian (CoH), Skarah, and Vampirella. I should probably slow down a bit. I tend to get a little overzealous when I start collecting a new line of figures.

Sorry if I’m overly talkative, especially for a newbie. It’s just that this is really the only place I’ve found to talk about these figures, and the pictures that all of you have shared are fantastic. I’m surprised at how little information is available on these figures (especially You Tube reviews) since they seem to sell out fairly quickly and the aftermarket prices are pretty high.

TravelGuide

Xavion2004 wrote:I wish I was that sensible.  I may never actually put the replacement cloak on her for fear of ruining another one, but I’ll feel better knowing it’s there.
As I said in one of the first posts, at first I didn't even notice the cloak wasn't there, because I didn't even like it. Meantime the seller hasn't come up with anything solid yet, but it's not a big loss.

The vendor I normally buy from just got Red Sonja in stock yesterday.  She won’t last long, so I’d better make a decision soon.  I did order Tariah from Giantoy and Arian (Prirate) from an eBay seller, so that will bring me up to five with Arian (CoH), Skarah, and Vampirella.  I should probably slow down a bit.  I tend to get a little overzealous when I start collecting a new line of figures.

Sorry if I’m overly talkative, especially for a newbie.  It’s just that this is really the only place I’ve found to talk about these figures, and the pictures that all of you have shared are fantastic.  I’m surprised at how little information is available on these figures (especially You Tube reviews) since they seem to sell out fairly quickly and the aftermarket prices are pretty high.
No problem, it's nice to hear the pictures are appreciated Smile And I was a bit surprised too that there is little to find about them. As you say, unboxing videos are hard to find, and even here there aren't many photos of them. There wasn't even a new product thread for Arhian.

Looks like you're getting a nice collection Smile

Diana

TravelGuide wrote:There wasn't even a new product thread for Arhian.
Until recently there wasn't much going on in this 1/12 section of the forum, so I'm very happy that you all have joined!

I'm definitely all for "NEW PRODUCT" posts. Smile

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Anyone is welcome to post New Product threads -- and more than welcome to post the 1/12 stuff (since this is primarily a 1/6 forum), and it takes a LOT of work and time to post in the 1/6 scale NP section, I don't have the time (nor, really, the inclination) to post them here in this sub-section. Folks can even post NP threads in the 1/6 section if so inclined. I don't always catch things right away, or when I do, I'm often at work and it's not always conducive to posting.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Stryker2011 wrote:Anyone is welcome to post New Product threads -- and more than welcome to post the 1/12 stuff (since this is primarily a 1/6 forum), and it takes a LOT of work and time to post in the 1/6 scale NP section, I don't have the time (nor, really, the inclination) to post them here in this sub-section. Folks can even post NP threads in the 1/6 section if so inclined. I don't always catch things right away, or when I do, I'm often at work and it's not always conducive to posting.
I know, and I do appreciate the time and work you put into it.

It was just an observation of me. Awhile ago I posted a New product thread about the Mercedes 300 SL, even though that itself was a bit offtopic, but I found it interesting and thought I'd share it here. If I see something interesting I will post threads, but I don't actively keep track of new releases, so it's more something I'll stumble upon.

Where do you get your info?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I usually find most of it on the BBICN forum, as that is where 90% of stuff gets posted first. But I scope out as many retailers as possible, as some stuff doesn’t always get listed everywhere (again, very time consuming, but it’s pretty much the only way to find a lot of stuff).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 - Page 2 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Your hard work is greatly appreciated, Stryker.  I love you

I really hope those who are more heavily into 1/12 scale will continue to post some New Product Announcements here in the subforum (or wherever). I have posted a few here myself, but since I'm mainly into 1/6, I only share random 1/12 things that I happen to come across that catch my interest (like the 1/12 horses, for instance). I like to keep up with what is out there, as much as possible -- though in all fairness, there is so much getting released every day in that scale (both official and third party), it's prety tough to keep track of it all. So, no one has to feel like they have to post everything -- just whichever 1/12 releases you think are interesting. : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Diana

Diana
I've been posting the new TBL products recently, and now that I know there is more interest I will happily post others, too, unless someone beats me to it. Wink

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Diana wrote:I've been posting the new TBL products recently, and now that I know there is more interest I will happily post others, too, unless someone beats me to it. Wink

Aw, yay, appreciate it. Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you all for posting new products.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
After some offtopic rambling, back to our regular broadcast. Sonja and Arhian have received reinforcement. Although I'm not sure if Sariah and Arhian aren't plotting to get rid of Sonja, who seems to be quite comfortable sitting at the stern. Sariah is holding her sword suspiciously. I also hope she doesn't cut any ropes.

It's a bit of a shame that she doesn't come with a sheath for her sword.

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 - Page 2 Img_5120

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 - Page 2 Img_5119

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 - Page 2 Img_5118

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 - Page 2 Img_5121

Antmax

Antmax
Wish there was a like button on this forum. Lot's of great photographs, Thanks for sharing Smile

Diana

Diana
YES!!! They look great together!! Very Happy
Next to Sariah Sonja does look soft, though. She'd better watch out! ^^

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yes, it is looking a little bit ominous. Can't we all just get along? Smile

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I think Sonja and Arhian should stick together and keep a close watch on Sariah!

Gizems nice Kittens

Gizems nice Kittens
Another handsome crew member on your boat. Remember, though, you need at least seven to get the boat past Scylla.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Seven? I would vote for Pirate Arihan, Skarah, and Tariah. That makes six. The seventh is tricky, though. Probably not Vampirella, Arkhalla or Purgatori. Demons and vampires with chalices of blood probably aren’t the best companions for a long voyage. I think that only leaves Sparta.

We need some new product announcements!

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Antmax wrote:Wish there was a like button on this forum. Lot's of great photographs, Thanks for sharing Smile
Thank you!

Diana wrote:YES!!! They look great together!! Very Happy
Thank you! I agree that Sonja does look soft, despite her wounds.
I blame you for me getting her BTW Wink

GubernatorFan wrote:Yes, it is looking a little bit ominous. Can't we all just get along? Smile
I hope so.

Xavion2004 wrote:I think Sonja and Arhian should stick together and keep a close watch on Sariah!
They probably should. I honestly just put Sariah in a position with her sword in her hand, because she doesn't come with a sheath. Then  thought that Sonja might look nice sitting against the mast. Only when looking at the pictures I noticed that it looked like Sariah might be plotting something.

Gizems nice Kittens wrote:Another handsome crew member on your boat. Remember, though, you need at least seven to get the boat past Scylla.
I don't think seven would fit in the boat.

Xavion2004 wrote:Seven?   I would vote for Pirate Arihan, Skarah, and Tariah.  That makes six.  The seventh is tricky, though.  Probably not Vampirella, Arkhalla or Purgatori.  Demons and vampires with chalices of blood probably aren’t the best companions for a long voyage.  I think that only leaves Sparta.

We need some new product announcements!
Pirate Arhian you said?
Look who arrived today. I actually ordered her some weeks before I ordered Sariah.
Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 - Page 2 Img_5122

That'll be it though. I don't really like the others you mentioned. Maybe Sparta, but I don't think she fits very well with the others. Also I guess that four probably is the limit for the boat.

Diana

Diana
TravelGuide wrote:
Diana wrote:YES!!! They look great together!! Very Happy
Thank you! I agree that Sonja does look soft, despite her wounds.
I blame you for me getting her BTW Wink
I'm honored! Laughing

TravelGuide wrote:Pirate Arhian you said?
Look who arrived today. I actually ordered her some weeks before I ordered Sariah.

(img)

That'll be it though. I don't really like the others you mentioned. Maybe Sparta, but I don't think she fits very well with the others. Also I guess that four probably is the limit for the boat.
NICE!! I'm looking forward to seeing the two Arhians next to each other. Are the faces the same? bounce
And I think Sparta could look good next to Sariah, both having saturated colours. I could take a photo of the two in the next few days. If I remember. Rolling Eyes

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Diana wrote:
NICE!! I'm looking forward to seeing the two Arhians next to each other. Are the faces the same? bounce
There are some differences. Eyebrows, lip(stick)color, the pirate's facestructure seems to be a bit different. I'll try to make pictures this weekend.
And I think Sparta could look good next to Sariah, both having saturated colours. I could take a photo of the two in the next few days. If I remember. Rolling Eyes
That would be nice Smile

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I’m looking forward to seeing pics of pirate Arhian in the boat...and hearing what you think of her in general. Mine just shipped from China, so I’m probably looking at a couple of weeks.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Xavion2004 wrote:I’m looking forward to seeing pics of pirate Arhian in the boat...and hearing what you think of her in general.
Here they are. I think she's my favorite of the four. Not a fan of the belt she came with. It doesn't hold the sheath of her dagger very well, and it came loose when positioning her in the boat. Which is why she's not wearing the belt, her dagger and sword. Her sandals are very nice. Overall her outfit is too. I like that much better than I anticipated.

Her red hat doesn't fit very well over her hair. So she's not wearing that either.

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 - Page 2 Img_5125

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 - Page 2 Img_5123

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 - Page 2 Img_5124

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 - Page 2 Img_5127

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 - Page 2 Img_5126

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 - Page 2 Img_5128

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 - Page 2 Img_5129

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 - Page 2 Img_5130

I had them holding hands and looking at each other, because the description on the Phicen website says:
Phicen website wrote:Across these bloodstained waters rode Arhian and her lover, Captain Ras, a proud and fierce pirate couple.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Beautiful pictures as always, and much appreciated!

As for pirate Arhian...THAT HAIR. In the few pictures and videos I’ve seen of her, she has so much hair that I have no idea how I’m going to get it under control enough to get her cap on. It’s like I need a pair of doll hair thinning sheers!

So pirate Arhian will be Captain Ras? That’s a very cool idea. I might think of mine as Sha-Ryn who’s Arhian’s younger sister in the comics.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Thank you Smile

Her hair is really big indeed.

I haven't read the comics, so I don't know more about the story than what was on the Phicen website (I tried to find some more background online, but couldn't find much).

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
I got a partial refund, and GnK offered me his cloak, thanks (again) for that.

The cloak is not as bad as I expected. Some quick pics (with poor lighting, so they're not the best).
Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 - Page 2 Img_5211

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 - Page 2 Img_5210

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Have you had any problems putting it on and taking it off? If you haven’t taken it off yet, be careful especially on that left shoulder. I received the replacement cloak I bought, but I’m afraid to put it on her.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
I haven't taken it off yet, but the pin didn't go smoothly in on the left shoulder, so II already figured I'd have to be careful taking that off.

Diana

Diana
Arrgh! The pictures looked better on the phone... But anyway, it's the weekend (again)! Time for some pictures of Sariah in combination with Captain Sparta, with a splash of Sonja. Smile

Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 - Page 2 Img_0616
Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 - Page 2 Img_0615
Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 - Page 2 Img_0617
Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 - Page 2 Img_0618
Sonja and Arhian go sailing - update 6 march - reinforcement #2 - Page 2 Img_0619

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
The pictures look nice, thank you. She does fit in next to Sariah and Sonja. I thought Captain Sparta had brown hair, at least the one that still is available at quick-toys has. But that's the Wonder Festival version, with the golden armour.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum