OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Re-Introduction

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Re-Introduction  Empty Re-Introduction Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:57 pm

AlKelAstra91

AlKelAstra91
So most of you only know me as AlKelAstra on here. I thought it would be cool to connect on a further level with others who share such a similar hobby, as intimidating as it might be with my horrible social anxiety, and the idea of revealing my true identity online. But I'm feeling more comfortable and at ease these days. For starters my real name is Allen Keller (no I'm not related to the famous deaf and blind lady...I mean I think so); I am familiar with some of your real-life names on here but hope I can become better acquainted with those who are willing and possibly make some new friends. Feel free to add me on Facebook if you would like. https://m.facebook.com/allen.keller.3344

Some things about me: I'm artistically inclined in all forms (even though I'm not great at some mediums, I enjoy the passion and find it therapeutic nonetheless). Video games and animation have had a huge impact on my life and creativity - I mostly play RPGs, open world games, and some fighting games, but am open to almost any genre so long as it's well-constructed and fun to play. Science Fiction and Fantasy are my favorite movie genres, but I do dabble in Horror and Comedy on occasion. I have a weird sense of humor and am a big fan of puns (even the bad ones 😆).

So yeah, that's me in a nutshell. Hope to hear back from some of you cool people.

2Re-Introduction  Empty Re: Re-Introduction Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:16 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Punsters of the World unite! It is definitely very nice to have you back.

3Re-Introduction  Empty Re: Re-Introduction Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:08 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
I haven't logged in on facebook since I was in highschool. Never really got the hang of it. However I do hope you make some contacts!

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Re-Introduction  1f60e

4Re-Introduction  Empty Re: Re-Introduction Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:41 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I don't do "Social Media" -- this forum is as close as I'll ever get. But at least we can all unite here under a shared interest. Thanks for the re-introduction, Allen, glad you are feeling better and sharing your work with us again, after last year's sad turn of events (and no, I'm not just talking about the pandemic, as I'm sure you're aware).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Re-Introduction  C8485110

5Re-Introduction  Empty Re: Re-Introduction Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:31 am

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Thanks for the intro. As Stryker I don't have Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.

I've stumbled onto this forum searching for more info about Phicen tanbodies (and where to get one, that search was in vain). Most other forums about 1/6 figures are mainly about military figures, since that isn't really my thing I'd be bit out of place there. But since here other figures are more common I regularly came back and started sharing my pictures here a few months ago.

I don't do diorama's, although I have a modelrailroad (which is gathering dust at the moment), so I have some experience with making them, but in 1:160. Huh, even though that's a big scale converted to 1:6 (1:26.6), it might be nice to make some scenes with Lexi on it.

6Re-Introduction  Empty Re: Re-Introduction Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:22 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Good to know you! Haven't been here long myself, although I have been in the hobby for many years. I have been looking at your posts as and when they pop up, and they are great! You clearly have a great ability for creating characters!

7Re-Introduction  Empty Re: Re-Introduction Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:59 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Hey there! It's great that you feel comfortable enough to share your real world interests here. The influences can certainly be seen in your own creative work, but of course with your own unique twists.

I used to be pretty open about sharing personal stuff online, but after a privacy concern last year (not related to this forum), I have to be more careful. So I won't share any of my social media links that have my real name associated with them on this thread, but I'm happy to add you on FB! ^.^

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

8Re-Introduction  Empty Re: Re-Introduction Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:29 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
I know that feeling. For a long time I evenb used a different user name for any message board I used (and it were some!) because I felt more comfortable this way.

Only in the last 5 years I'm more open and don't care that much about that. Thanks for your reintroduction! Smile

9Re-Introduction  Empty Re: Re-Introduction Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:27 pm

Illusion

Illusion
nice to meet you Allen. Re-Introduction  Smilie_winke_013

Forums are as close as it gets with social media for me too.
I don‘t care about Facebook & Co... I am struggling with Instagram once in a while but would never post pics of anything else than figures (at least not people).

Generally I prefer more individual contacts by email or messenger apps. So, if you ever feel like it, drop a line by PM Wink

I used to think about different user names and emails too - but decided against it because I prefer to recognize people across boards. It has advantages and disadvantages but I did not want to start different „personalities“.

10Re-Introduction  Empty Re: Re-Introduction Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:12 pm

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Allen! Great to see you back! I don't do the facebook thing, but I'm also Reverendspooky on instagram, which is like 90% toy photos, with a handful of cats, whiskey, concerts, and personal pics. Feel free to reach out via PM there or here anytime man!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum