OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

RE-INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1RE-INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM Empty RE-INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:46 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Hello, All,

Due to the Servimg's photo limit, I had to create a new account. So, the "Artist formerly known as Stryker2011" is now "Stryker2012" -- still the same old crabby guy I always was. But, apparently, 65000 images is the max that can be uploaded by any one member. Boo!!

This was me upon finding that out a couple days ago:

RE-INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM Giphy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

RE-INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM 1f10

2RE-INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM Empty Re: RE-INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:27 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
May I be the first to welcome you "back," Mark! Your new avatar is extremely endearing, and your artistic temperament fully justified!

3RE-INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM Empty Re: RE-INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:45 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh my goodness, I can understand your frustration. I didn't even realise there was a limit on that. Glad to have you back though!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

4RE-INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM Empty Re: RE-INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:47 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
Hello and welcome to the forum.
If you have any questions i know the moderators are very helpful here.

5RE-INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM Empty Re: RE-INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:58 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:Hello and welcome to the forum.
If you have any questions i know the moderators are very helpful here.

Haha!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6RE-INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM Empty Re: RE-INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:51 pm

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
I didn't know there is that limit, although it's probably mentioned somewhere in their terms of use.

Maybe you can hook up your new servimg account to your old account here. That's kind of what I did, because somehow I post my pics here on the servimg account with the username from another forum. I don't know why though. It just happened when I registred here and wanted to post pics. I already had an account for a different forum which uses forumotion. I think that when I wanted to post pics I needed to get a servimg account and I needed to open one. For some reason I did it with the username from that other forum. I don't know why though. I was kinda surprised that it happened and that I still could post pics here.

7RE-INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM Empty Re: RE-INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:10 am

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
LOL!! Thought I'd beat you in pics posted! pirat Wink lol!

8RE-INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM Empty Re: RE-INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:56 am

Allotropos

Allotropos
you gave me the photobucket shivers !!

9RE-INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM Empty Re: RE-INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:46 am

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Hang on, is this an April Fool's? It occured to me as I was trying to get to sleep last night.

10RE-INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM Empty Re: RE-INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:47 am

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
Hello,hi, and goodbye...

clown

No....

Welcome the another you, let's get the party started, and boom the servimg for another million pics Razz

though I think that platform not only limit the photo quantity, they also downgraded the resolution of the pics Embarassed

https://www.deviantart.com/lawlaw91

11RE-INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM Empty Re: RE-INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:49 am

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
lawlaw91 wrote:Hello,hi, and goodbye...

clown

No....

Welcome the another you, let's get the party started, and boom the servimg for another million pics Razz

though I think that platform not only limit the photo quantity, they also downgraded the resolution of the pics Embarassed

Yup! Discovered my super duper camera HD,4K etc.. was a bloody waste.

12RE-INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM Empty Re: RE-INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:10 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
shovelchop81 wrote:Hang on, is this an April Fool's? It occured to me as I was trying to get to sleep last night.

I was wondering the same thing, but then I do remember Stryker mentioning the photo limit issue in an earlier post...

13RE-INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM Empty Re: RE-INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:16 am

lawlaw91

lawlaw91
shovelchop81 wrote:
lawlaw91 wrote:Hello,hi, and goodbye...

clown

No....

Yup! Discovered my super duper camera HD,4K etc.. was a bloody waste.

Yes, I spent time on my photos so they can look better on screen, then I see them become PS1 graphics.....emotional damaged

https://www.deviantart.com/lawlaw91

14RE-INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM Empty Re: RE-INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:56 am

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Sadly, no, this is not an April Fool’s joke. Servimg does indeed have a hard limit of 65000 images. All those New Product threads didn’t do my original account any favors.

RE-INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM Giphy

15RE-INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM Empty Re: RE-INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:08 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Aww, you sacrificed your account for the sake of bringing us upcoming figure news. We salute you. RE-INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM 1f605

16RE-INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM Empty Re: RE-INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:35 pm

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
skywalkersaga wrote:Aww, you sacrificed your account for the sake of bringing us upcoming figure news. We salute you.  RE-INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM 1f605

Well thank you Stryker! Sorry to hear it was far from a joke Crying or Very sad

17RE-INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM Empty Re: RE-INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:52 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Indeed, Forumotion seems to have all sorts of 65000 limits. Which is a reminder not to be wasteful. In other words, please post one post with multiple images, not multiple posts one after another (NO, there is absolutely no rule keeping you from posting more than three images in a single post). And do not post the same thing over and over again in more than one place. There might come a time when we might be forced to shed "ancient" content or start from scratch.

18RE-INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM Empty Re: RE-INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:58 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Good reminders, GF. I might even go back through old posts and remove some non-'essential' images...

19RE-INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM Empty Re: RE-INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:05 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Good reminders, GF. I might even go back through old posts and remove some non-'essential' images...
Thank, you Sky, I hope more people see this. Please note that there is obviously no 65000 images limit for the forum overall (since those were just Mark's -- most of them being the image-heavy New Product Announcements -- and even that has to do with Servimg hosting) -- so there is no immediate reason to prune what you have posted. But there are apparently various fairly obscure limits of all kinds, which is only natural for this type of forum. And there are users who apparently think that there is a 3 image limit to single posts (there isn't -- perhaps they are misled by a limit of uploading up to 3 images at the same time into one's free Servimg account) and end up posting a whole string of posts one after another, and others who have taken to replicating the exact same sets of images in more than one place at the same time. We are hopefully far from this being an issue, but the recent experience with Mark's valuable and public-spirited contributions has me concerned and more likely to encourage some level of economy.

20RE-INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM Empty Re: RE-INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:04 pm

davidd

davidd
Sixty-five thousand is a lot of images!

Does Servimage have a paid unlimited option?

The servimg home page clearly states that they allow "unlimited" photo hosting even with their free accounts. Have you contacted them directly about this issue?

21RE-INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM Empty Re: RE-INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:08 pm

davidd

davidd
GubernatorFan wrote: ... so there is no immediate reason to prune what you have posted.

I found this in the Servimg Terms of Use:

Servimg reserves the right to delete any hosted image that has had no access, loading, viewing or display on a web page for 5 years.

No need to "prune" older posts. Servimg will do it for you, apparently, if the content has not been accessed in half a decade or more. Rolling Eyes

Say... this forum just passed that milestone. I wonder if images on some of the earliest posts that have not been visited in a long while will begin to disappear?

22RE-INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM Empty Re: RE-INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:29 pm

Visisonor

Visisonor
It's weird that the limit is 65000, as opposed to 65536 (i.e. maximum number of distinct values for a 2-byte counter).

23RE-INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM Empty Re: RE-INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:43 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
My Servimg account under Stryker2011 does indeed have 65536 images in it. I just can’t add more.

24RE-INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM Empty Re: RE-INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:02 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
davidd wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote: ... so there is no immediate reason to prune what you have posted.

I found this in the Servimg Terms of Use:

Servimg reserves the right to delete any hosted image that has had no access, loading, viewing or display on a web page for 5 years.

No need to "prune" older posts. Servimg will do it for you, apparently, if the content has not been accessed in half a decade or more.  Rolling Eyes

Say... this forum just passed that milestone. I wonder if images on some of the earliest posts that have not been visited in a long while will begin to disappear?
Thanks for the heads up, I didn't know that.

That is a good question. I suppose anyone who has been using Servimg for over five years could go in and look at their oldest images -- which would be accessing them -- and one can do that there, which would be easier to track down than here.

As for pay options, there are some both for Forumotion and Servimg (which are, of course, interconnected), but from what I discovered when researching solutions and workarounds for Mark's issue, even pay accounts are subject to this particular limitation.

25RE-INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM Empty Re: RE-INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM Sat Apr 08, 2023 8:42 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Late re-welcomings!

I upload my images to imgur (not publicly) and link them from there to here when I post, not sure if imgur deletes them after 5 years or if there's even a cap on how many you can store.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! RE-INTRODUCTION TO THE FORUM 1f60e

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum