OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

WIP Red Sonja figure

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

21WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 2 Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:29 am

Randam Hajile

@GubernatorFan
Thanks for the link to your thread. Great bashes and background story.

@Stryker2011
That's a goblin from the Mythic Legions line. The smaller critters scale well with 1/6 figures due to their slightly exaggerated proportions. I also have a troll that is almost 12" size.

@BAMComix
Thank you.

22WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 2 Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:37 am

Randam Hajile

@Diana
Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
You must have looked at my other Flickr pictures... You are completely right about that murderous glint in her eyes.

WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 2 51388003274_7454d275ed_kCJ3A2522_brighter by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

23WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 2 Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:42 am

Diana

OMG!!!  WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 2 1f60d  WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 2 1f60d  WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 2 1f60d

Favorite picture so far!! Very Happy

24WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 2 Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:12 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Nice shooting pose. Was it difficult to keep it looking right? Perhaps a maniacal look in her eyes? Smile
And thanks for the kind words.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

25WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 2 Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:24 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
Neat. I 2nd image with the focus on the arrow tip might work also.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

26WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 2 Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:53 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
@Ukshaun and GubernatorFan
This shot really freaked me out - although posing was actually not a big problem. I wanted to have the dead goblin slightly out of focus, as the limited articulation of the figure is especially noticeable when lying on the floor. So I played with the aperture, and the automatics of the camera always interfered, making everything much too dark for some strange reason. Also, I couldn't get the bow and arrow in focus because of limited depths of field. I almost deleted this shot like most of the others that I took, but then tried to crank up brightness in the photo manager and felt it was OK. I'm somewhat surprised that most people seem to like this shot so much. I guess my perception was tainted by my previous experience taking the photo. scratch Very Happy

27WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 2 Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:13 pm

davidd

davidd
Seriously cool archery pic!

28WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 2 Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:42 am

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Welcome aboard, your first figure is great and looks amazing, I hope to see more of your work soon!

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 2 1f60e

29WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 2 Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:13 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Here is a little update on this figure. I've now put a modified Tbleague 'Spartan Goddess of War' on the figure.

Thanks for watching.

WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 2 51428839365_604b0c858f_kCJ3A2641 by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

I've also added a cloak ...

WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 2 51428607584_11aa51094b_kCJ3A2661adj by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 2 51428599859_c1bcbe1d90_kCJ3A2667adj by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 2 51427846906_c71fe84d3b_kCJ3A2671adj by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 2 51428819855_befac2e0c3_kCJ3A2675 by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

30WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 2 Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:51 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
cool pics!

31WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 2 Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:38 am

Diana

Diana
Oooh!!! What a great look for her! Admittedly I'm finding it hard to unsee the Spartan and I'm surprised at how it looks too young and... soft? to me. I did like Miss Glint-In-Her-Eyes. Smile

Nevertheless, awesome cloak, beautiful hair on a beautiful face. And fantastic photos, compositions and lighting! Very Happy

32WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 2 Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:52 am

shazzdan

shazzdan
Nice one. The TBLeague gear looks more at home on Red Sonja than their ridiculous "Spartans".

33WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 2 Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:11 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
It’s really fun to watch the evolution of a figure as opposed to just seeing the final, finished version.  I’m totally on board with the cloak.   Every half naked barbarian girl needs a cloak!  😉

I’m undecided as to which headsculpt I like better…this one or the last one.  One thing I struggle with is tending to lean towards “more attractive” than “more accurate” at times.  I think that’s the case here.  The last one was more attractive, but this one seems more accurate.

I’m also thinking that I really should have bought that original TBLeague /Phicen Red Sonia for $250 I saw on eBay when I had the chance and started building her up the way you’re doing here. I knew that was a mistake, but I had already spent too much money at that point.

34WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 2 Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:28 pm

londonroadhog

I like what you've done with this character. I've now got a cloak for my 1/12 Red Sonja. But every so often feel like I should give her some more armour, and protection, even though she's the scars version so has visible wounds.

35WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 2 Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:12 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
She should be more careful playing with sharp objects. That poor goblin! Smile Beautiful shots.

36WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 2 Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:49 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
@all
Thanks for all the kind words. It's a real pleasure to 'play'with this figure. I'm learning a lot about posing and finding the best angles for a scene. Still, I feel that most poses appear kind of stiff due to balance demands. I really need to look into support wires for more dynamic poses.

@Diana and Xavion2004
Like you, I'm really torn between different head sculpts. I like the IDF girl head as well as the Spartan goddess head. The problem is that there are far too many heads in my collection that might make a good Sonja.

For example this one...
WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 2 51432332015_8e912cb9ec_kCJ3A2698 by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

@GubernatorFan
Laughing Laughing Laughing
She is really into sharp objects...

37WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 2 Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:55 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
That also looks great, although there is a greater mismatch in skin tone. Which is a common issue... I am usually too squeamish to repaint pretty female heads, but here is a tutorial that might be somewhat informative in general:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3922-repainting-head-sculpts-to-match-body-updated-with-part-iii

Going from lighter to darker is easier, but I did go darker to lighter (which requires a more comprehensive repaint) with a Furiosa head.

38WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 2 Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:34 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
This has been fun to watch the progression. I actually like the modified Spartan head, and the photos in that sequence were awesome. The red-haired Scarlett head in the last pic also works well. Great job on the whole figure.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 2 C8485110

39WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 2 Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:54 am

Ovy

Ovy
That orange hair Spartan headsculpt looks great. The goblins are cute. I like your lighting, feels appropriately warm/cold and fitting the backgrounds.
The covered neck helps a lot with any color difference between head and body, I don't see any issue there.

40WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 2 Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:37 am

rollotomasi

rollotomasi
My vote goes to the Spartan Goddess redhead.Gorgeous!
I wasn't a fan of that head before but your photos changed my mind.

If you don't mind me asking, where is that orange hair from?
Does it come with the bangs or did you do that?
Because I've been looking for orange hair with bangs, i only found 1, the Kumik Leeloo headsculpt.

41WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 2 Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:02 pm

Diana

Diana
Well, you says you have to settle for one? Keep having fun! And send us photos. Very Happy

42WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 2 Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:32 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
@GubernatorFan
Thanks for the info on repainting. My last attempts to do repaints were not really successful, so I largely limit myself to small changes (eyebrows or lips) for now.

@Stryker2011
Thanks. I really want to produce a small fight sequence between Sonja and my mythic legions "Ice Troll", but so far I did not have enough time due to Real Life obligations. You can see the Troll in the background of this shot (sorry, I don't have a better image on FLICKR right now). I'm really excited what could potentially be done with both figures...

WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 2 51380488286_c93a8c906e_bCJ3A2197 by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

@Ovy
Thanks for the kind words. I also really envy your great outdoor shots. They are a great inspiration.

@rollotomasi
Thanks you. The hairpiece is from a SuperDuck One Piece "Nami"-figure. Note that it is relatively big and will only fit large headsculpts. I left the bangs untouched and just made the little extra braid.

43WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 2 Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:35 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Great shot of the fairy and ice troll. Smile

44WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 2 Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:03 am

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
Really cool, I think any head could work so I can see why you are still trying to figure it out. That pixy is also very nice, specially her clothing.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 2 1f60e

45WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 2 Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:21 am

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
Well done!
Great examples of the genre.
I DO find myself partial to the Scarlett Sonja version, the head works well with the figure.
Your photography is enviable.
Sadly, that is my weakest skill.
Keep it coming!

46WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 2 Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:30 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I like your Fairy & Ice Troll. That's a great shot. Did you swap out her hair from something else?

47WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 2 Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:21 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
@all
Thanks. I am happy that you also like my little Fairy (Cat Toys Flower Fairy set).  Very Happy

@Mark
yes ... this is actually an "Avril Lavigne"-headsculpt with the molded hairpiece of an old Kumik "Carey Mulligan"-head. I removed the ears and added the elvish ears from a YMToys head.

48WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 2 Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:44 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Here is a tiny update on my efforts to produce a fight sequence with the ice troll. Somewhat the troll (28cm) did not scale all that great with Red Sonja, so I used a smaller S25-based figure for my posing tests.

I'm not really happy with the angle and lightning yet, but here is a sneak peek anyway ...

WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 2 51477933761_a1b9792049_kCJ3A2705_2 by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 2 51479744304_5480f2e0da_k51478653229_449b833c6b_edited by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

Thanks for watching...
Comments and suggestions are highly welcome.

49WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 2 Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:43 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Very cool. (No pun intended). I like the new figure too, and the pics look pretty neat. The ice troll is a pretty cool figure — it’s a bummer no one has thought to make something like this in 1/6 scale.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum