OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

WIP Red Sonja figure

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

61WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 3 Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:52 pm

Ephiane

This is great fantasy Art. You have to rename the Thread. I thought it´s just the Red Sonja figure made by TBL (?) Thre´s much more in this thread. Monsters, fight scenes... i love it. Especially the two different facial expressions of the warrioress

62WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 3 Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:20 am

Randam Hajile

Hi there,

I hope you all had great holidays. santa
Today, I took Sonja to the woods for a few outdoor shots...

WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 3 51779184724_49961a703e_kCJ3A3574 by Randam Hajile, on Flickr

WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 3 51777720492_0fbfaaf63f_kCJ3A3572 by Randam Hajile, on Flickr

WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 3 51778781608_e2a4bf9046_kCJ3A3575 by Randam Hajile, on Flickr

WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 3 51779177339_34db2ab26d_kCJ3A3580 by Randam Hajile, on Flickr

Thanks for watching...

63WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 3 Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:05 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
The outdoors shots are absolutely gorgeous -- a combination of the excellence of the figure and its environment (and your good choices and photography).

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

64WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 3 Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:42 pm

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Beautiful photos. Being in the “wild” is such a treat. Sadly, despite being in the heavily wooded mid-west, there is no where close by that isn’t private land for me to be able to do the same. Outdoor shots always look so much better than indoor.

65WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 3 Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:19 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
beautiful photoshoot!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

66WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 3 Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:29 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Thanks for the kind words!
I like doing outdoor shots a lot, but I very rarely find an opportunity to actually do them. Sad

67WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 3 Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:09 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
They look fantastic, and that big guy is really cool too.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 3 1f60e

68WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 3 Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:38 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
@The Boo-Bomb
Thanks for the kind words.

--------------------------------

I'm recently also messing around with different diorama pieces for my fantasy warrior figures. Here's a new shot mixing in 1/12 Goblin figures from the Mythic legions series..

The court of the Goblin queen...  

WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 3 51792120527_675f6b338a_kCJ3A3622_adj by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

Thanks for watching! Very Happy

69WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 3 Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:38 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Well, she looks much better than David Bowie as the goblin queen, that's for sure. Smile The photo is almost perfect, but something about the pose is just a tad detracting.

70WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 3 Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:33 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Cool shot. Love the massive throne and the little goblins. I don’t mind the pose as it reminds me of so many Red Sonja/Conan comic covers. The.. ahh.. outfit is what makes it distracting. I like the use of the Rey sculpt.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 3 C8485110

71WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 3 Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:52 am

Diana

Diana
Very nice. Love all of your shots, despite potential wardrobe malfunctions. Smile
I see Scarlett is back! I personally think she looks too soft for Sonja (and BW, too), but she rocks it (and BW) anyway. She's awesome. Smile

LOVE the Rey sculpt in your setting! Lighting, backdrop, props, composition, posing... all great work!

72WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 3 Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:27 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:I don’t mind the pose as it reminds me of so many Red Sonja/Conan comic covers. The.. ahh.. outfit is what makes it distracting. I like the use of the Rey sculpt.

That is actually what I mean. In this pose and at that place, this outfit is either too little or too much. I agree, the Rey sculpt works beautifully, creating a far more interesting character.

73WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 3 Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:08 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Well, the outfit problem did not really occur to me, when I planned and took the shot. I see now that the skimpy outfit in combination with the particular pose is not appropriate. Rey's posture on the throne was intended to convey a certain arrogance and malignancy -- further supported by keeping her face largely in the shadows. While I still think that it somewhat works, I agree that the attention is now mostly drawn to the "wardrobe malfunctions". WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 3 1f60b

74WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 3 Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:18 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Don’t sweat it too much. It’s still a really cool pic.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 3 C8485110

75WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 3 Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:38 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Thanks again for giving me feedback.

I tried another shot and fixed the pose sligthly (Sorry no outfit change yet Rolling Eyes).

WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 3 51795492191_07267cb8d4_kCJ3A3630 by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

I think the posture is more natural now, but I messed up the forced perspective slightly.

Thanks fort watching.

76WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 3 Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:28 am

Diana

Diana
I prefer the first one. I like how the throne fills the frame and that she more or less looks into the camera. And her posture was very strong. It is a little weaker now due to the way her left leg is not relaxed but instead tensed to block the view. Modesty is a weakness! Laughing

Still, beautiful shot of course and I would have noticed none of that had it not been for that excellent shot earlier. Smile

77WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 3 Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:33 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I also like the first image better, but it is not about the pose or the perspective, both of which are fine in both photos; I think it is the light that makes the first photo more magical, and maybe the position of her head is nicer. To my eyes, what was unsuitable was the clothing/gear (or lack thereof), nothing else, although in that respect the new angle is better.

78WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 3 Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:50 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
That pic is so cool! she looks so relaxed and yet still quite dominate. Nice positioning!

79WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 3 Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:05 am

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
@Diana
Thanks for the constructive criticism. I have actually made one shot that is closer to the lighting of the first image. I just dropped it, because the minions were not fully in the frame. Maybe this is more to your liking...   WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 3 1f604

WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 3 51797098935_cc76677d44_kCJ3A3638 by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

@all
Thanks again for the comments. I will also look for another outfit for Rey...

80WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 3 Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:17 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Randam Hajile wrote:Hi there,

I hope you all had great holidays. santa
Today, I took Sonja to the woods for a few outdoor shots...

WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 3 51779184724_49961a703e_kCJ3A3574 by Randam Hajile, on Flickr

Thanks for watching...

Great pictures. On that one she looks a bit like a red haired Lagertha from vikings.
Love outdoor shots and you have a great eye

81WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 3 Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:36 am

Diana

Diana
Randam Hajile wrote:@Diana
Thanks for the constructive criticism. I have actually made one shot that is closer to the lighting of the first image. I just dropped it, because the minions were not fully in the frame. Maybe this is more to your liking...  [...]

YESSSSSS!!!! Very Happy Laughing
I love how bada$$ she looks! Smile

82WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 3 Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:23 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The third throne photo works beautifully. I just received something I picked up after being inspired by you. Smile

83WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 3 Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:32 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
@GF
Did your troll arrive? I hope you having a lot of fun with it.

84WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 3 Empty Re: WIP Red Sonja figure Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:37 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Randam Hajile wrote:@GF
Did your troll arrive? I hope you having a lot of fun with it.

Yes! I love it, even if it does not have knee articulation. The neck peg is a bit of a pain to work with if you remove one of the heads, but a little heat helps as usual. I'm trying to decide if I should just gloss or also repaint the eyes.

This is the one I got (not my photo -- haven't taken any yet, it just arrived literally a few minutes ago and I was cutting through twisties) --

WIP Red Sonja figure - Page 3 Ac68758c-d6a9-4d30-a7b9-f6120d9366b9

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum