OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Valiardes Photography Thread

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 18]

401Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:49 pm

Stryker2012

Founding Father
Nice pics of Geralt. Your Kratos oooks amazing, and love the little… goblin? Excellent pics and characters.

402Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:59 am

skywalkersaga

Wow these are all fantastic. I just love the look of your characters and world!

403Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:21 am

Tanzenwolfe

You have a great art in presenting mix & matches that somehow never look out of place….very entertaining to see who will turn up next!

404Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:53 am

Valiarde

Thank you all, ladies and gents, your enthusiasm for my pics is always nice. We all love this hobby with their many creative forms of art. Smile

For a little change of my usual castle Walls diorama (finally! lol), I dived into LotR franchise lately. I was always a fan of the books and the movies and have quiet some figures. But after Gandalf I got my hands on some new figures and wanted to create some more scenes.

I want you to present my two new customized hobbits and Gollum.

Part I: SMEAGOL/GOLLUM

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 17 8wTyXihh

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 17 2kFjX6Wh

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 17 JhB4xs9h

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 17 WawLaYUh

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 17 WHwio1Yh

(yes for some shots I changed details in the environment and the lighting also changes a bit as I did several shoots with different settings for fun and I liked this kind of sequence with the fish)

Comments and critique always welcome Smile

405Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:26 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ooooh wow!!! That is an amazing diorama, the way you did the water in the stream is incredible! Sorry that I don't have better comments, other than..... 'oooh' and 'ahhh!' lol! Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 17 1f60d

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

406Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:46 am

Visisonor

Visisonor
Nice sequence. And a glimpse of hobbitsess.

We are lost
We can never go home

Is it real water in the dio?

407Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:51 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Fantastic pics! I love the water, top work! Your skills keep getting better and better, and even more inspiring!

408Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:56 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
What a coy way to introduce this new amazing diorama. And are you sure that is not some other castle wall? Smile Love it all, very realistic and I think worth making a follow-up tutorial, if and when you are up to it. As always, beautiful posing and photography with your figure. And looking forward to see part II, which seems to be sneaking up from the right.

409Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:59 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
skywalkersaga wrote:Ooooh wow!!! That is an amazing diorama, the way you did the water in the stream is incredible! Sorry that I don't have better comments, other than..... 'oooh' and 'ahhh!' lol!  Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 17 1f60d  
haha no problem there isn't always much to say, especially when it is just gollum. Razz

Visisonor wrote:Nice sequence. And a glimpse of hobbitsess.

We are lost
We can never go home

Is it real water in the dio?

Yeah hobbitsess. No, isn't real water it is resin. Smile

BAMComix wrote:Fantastic pics! I love the water, top work! Your skills keep getting better and better, and even more inspiring!

Thank you so much Dal! Glad you like my work Smile

GubernatorFan wrote:What a coy way to introduce this new amazing diorama. And are you sure that is not some other castle wall? Smile Love it all, very realistic and I think worth making a follow-up tutorial, if and when you are up to it. As always, beautiful posing and photography with your figure. And looking forward to see part II, which seems to be sneaking up from the right.

Haha it seems I can't make a diorama without stones. But it is more a small "garden wall ruin" and not a castle. It is hard to see the dimensions when you only see zoomed in pictures.
I can post some making of later if you are interested.

410Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:25 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Those are fantastic. I have yet to put together my Sméagol/ Gollum figures. What you’ve pulled off here is stunning. Nice new environment. The grass and water (with the rocks) is impressive to say the least.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 17 1f10

411Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:03 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Stryker2012 wrote:Those are fantastic. I have yet to put together my Sméagol/ Gollum figures. What you’ve pulled off here is stunning. Nice new environment. The grass and water (with the rocks) is impressive to say the least.

Thanks Mark. I had fun assembling the dio, especially the wall.

You have the Smeagol / Gollum two pack at home? I only bought Smeagol, since the figures aren't perfect and buying two just for the extra head wasn't what I wanted.
The figure has several problems. I tried to fix it with a repaint (lighter ashen color like in the movies) blacker hair, I cut the PERS sticks because if you put his head on the neck he will get instant strabism...
The second head here is a 3D print not the Asmus Gollum head. The original isn't bad, I just didn't want to buy two figures.

412Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:34 am

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
I do have the two pack (with the rock/water dio). That’s cool that you have a custom head.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

413Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:35 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Whoa, the fact one of the heads is a custom is even more impressive! I didn't even realise, looks so amazing!

414Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:27 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
That the second head is a custom that you painted itself is just more testimony to the excellence of your skills. Bravo!

415Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:13 am

McGee

I know he understands me Smile

Ganz grosses Kino cheers cheers cheers cheers

416Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:53 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Before we go on with PArt II of Middle Earth I want to show you my newest Pop Costume figure

REceived this figure a few weeks ago and finally made some pics
(I desaturated the colors somewhat in the pics, because I liked a "movie look")

Overall I really like that figure, it looks very cool and the armor and equipment is of very good quality!
The hand pegs are good and he can easily grab and hold the weapons, which is a plus.

The thing that is bad is that he can't really stand without a figure stand...bummer.  The shoes are very soft and the legs feel a tad to weak.
I also changed the head, like on most of my figures, I like my own touch/modification on it Smile

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 17 SSO0YVgh

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 17 Mg6Anx8h

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 17 Il93aDMh

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 17 LocygeBh

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 17 Wk3Etjth

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 17 T4SRxrch

417Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:58 am

Diana

Diana
That Gollum/Smeagol series looks great!! What a beautiful and PERFECT diorama for him! And I enjoyed the sequence. What an awesome figure!! Smile

That Pop Costume guy also looks fantastic, but that head is AWESOME!! Was it the original head modified by you? Or is it another head entirely? It looks extremely convincing anyway. Well done!

418Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:02 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stunning custom and kitbash work, and beautiful photography. Is that a modified Joker Joaquin Phoenix head?

419Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:18 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
That’s an awesome looking figure. Great use of that particular head sculpt. Love it.

420Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:28 pm

Visisonor

Visisonor
Great photos.
Too bad he cannot stand, but maybe this can be fixed.

421Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:52 pm

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
Great diorama and Gollum scene work, I half expected to see the scene of the fish getting eaten and squelching, although that would be difficult to model! I’d always like to see making-of-pictures, as & when you might get time. And impressive pop upgrade, the head looks amazing and fits well with the whole look.

422Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:42 pm

Zes

Zes
That is one hardened-looking knight! Nice work!

423Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:53 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
The crossbow guy looks awesome and quite rugged and experienced too. The shots with Golum are also really great, love that little creek.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 17 1f60e

424Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:16 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Nice figure, and great upgrade touches too. Can you not swap out his boots for more sturdier ones?

425Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:11 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Holy crap that head looks incredible!!! The figure is nice but it's your headsculpt that makes it truly 'pop' (pun intended Razz ).

I'm gonna have to start commissioning YOU for custom heads! Shocked

426Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:55 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Diana wrote:That Gollum/Smeagol series looks great!! What a beautiful and PERFECT diorama for him! And I enjoyed the sequence. What an awesome figure!! Smile

That Pop Costume guy also looks fantastic, but that head is AWESOME!! Was it the original head modified by you? Or is it another head entirely? It looks extremely convincing anyway. Well done!
Hi Diana, happy you enjoy it. I'm pretty happy how the creek and especially wall turned out.
The head was a 10 dollar unpainted head from aliexpress. I think the rough skin and long hair work pretty well in combination with this pop figure

GubernatorFan wrote:Stunning custom and kitbash work, and beautiful photography. Is that a modified Joker Joaquin Phoenix head?
Yes it is a Joaquin Phoenix head. Smile  When I opened the package for the pop costume guy, I knew I wanted the head. The original isn't bad and has a unique expression, but I'm just a fan of giving most figures my own touch. Not because I think they are always better, but because this is one of the creative joys of this hobby  Smile

Stryker2012 wrote:That’s an awesome looking figure. Great use of that particular head sculpt. Love it.
Thank you Smile 

Visisonor wrote:Great photos.
Too bad he cannot stand, but maybe this can be fixed.
Yeah I'm not sure, maybe I need to make a custom base where I hide the figure stand.

Tanzenwolfe wrote:Great diorama and Gollum scene work, I half expected to see the scene of the fish getting eaten and squelching, although that would be difficult to model!  I’d always like to see making-of-pictures, as & when you might get time.  And impressive pop upgrade, the head looks amazing and fits well with the whole look.
Hm, with 3D printing or Fimo it shouldn't be hard to model. Good idea actually.

Zes wrote:That is one hardened-looking knight! Nice work!
Thanks!

Theboo-bomb wrote:The crossbow guy looks awesome and quite rugged and experienced too. The shots with Golum are also really great, love that little creek.
Yes, the rugged look works good imo

BAMComix wrote:Nice figure, and great upgrade touches too. Can you not swap out his boots for more sturdier ones?
I don't want to swap the boots as they are pretty cool and historical fitting. I will try to build a figure stand that is somewhat natural looking...

skywalkersaga wrote:Holy crap that head looks incredible!!! The figure is nice but it's your headsculpt that makes it truly 'pop' (pun intended Razz ).

I'm gonna have to start commissioning YOU for custom heads! Shocked
Oh that is such a nice compliment  Embarassed I'm not sure I'm ready for commissioning pressure lol  It is easier to do some heads and sell them as YSWYG (you see what you get) instead of trying to make one like the customer wants it to be. But maybe it can be a inexpensive option instead of asia painters for SOME projects.

And your pun works  Smile

427Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:10 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Ok here are some pics of the hobbits. Sam still needs a bit of fuzzing with the hair but I had not much time lately...and won't have much until june

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 17 NQMXZ4lh

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 17 PszpXTih

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 17 HgPWdRMh

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 17 ElOVqJQh

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 17 I7EQJm2h

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 17 O1Ln1U5h

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 17 ArBQsJRh

I had some fun with them. Are they perfect? Of course not! But as always, I like to have my own touch on standard figures.
Once I get my new shelf end of the year I will see how the final display will look like...

428Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:01 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great looking Hobbits! I do love that part of the film where its the two hobbits against the cunning and sly Gollum.

429Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:15 pm

Visisonor

Visisonor
Did you re-hair them? They looks pretty great.
It's quite rare to see non-female characters with realistic hair.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum