OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (huntress attire) - White/Brown (PL2022-196A/B)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

GeeWillikers

They're er... a departure, at least.

Kind of.

Kallor8

It's not terrible or anything, but man I wish TBLeague would work with their old partners again. Zenescope and...is it ARH or Executive Replicas? Both ARH and ER websites seem to have a lot of overlap on the old licensed Phicen/TBL figures listed in their archives. Anyway, TBL should work with licensed properties again, let those artists design the figures lol.

GeeWillikers

There are some nice little accessories for kitbashing, I suppose, but I've no interest in either set as a whole. And if I did, I'd expect at least some semblance of realism to them (yeah I know, it's TBL).

And I should probably give up wishing for anything approaching an accurate skintone.

I can usually find some kitbash appeal in their sculpts, but these are severely limited by the warpaint.

A surprising number of complaints on BBICN about the lack of a hefty and expensive base with these (and the Ghost Soldiers). Seems like there is no pleasing everybody (or indeed anybody).

Lynkhart

Yeah, this gets a big yikes from me. A headdress like that is sacred regalia and paired with the rest of the outfit it’s in tremendous bad taste. Definitely Halloween costume level of cringe.

That said, the accessories are actually really nice and they’d suit a fantasy bash really nicely.

http://lastalliancestudios.blogspot.co.uk

CMD115

Bigbadtoystore not selling them?

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Xavion2004 wrote:
I would probably go with the white version.   Her outfit just stands out more, and I like her sculpt…even though she really does look like she’s going to a football match on her way back from returning the outfit to her favorite costume rental shop.  Very Happy

As usual, I think I’ll wait to see how they look in hand before making my final call.

EDIT:  I took another look at the white version, and I’m guessing she’s from the Netherlands and heading over to see her team play in the qualifying rounds of the World Cup after her photo shoot.  Maybe she’s going with Lexi.  😉
It's not out of the question Smile I'm seriously considering PO-ing them (and that would be a first for me).

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
CMD115 wrote:Bigbadtoystore not selling them?

Apparently not... yet. If I were you, I would look at Giantoy:

https://giantoy.com/products/1-6-tbleague-pl2022-196-mohegan-action-figure

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I just want the white version’s head sculpt.  Can I safely use a dab of acetone to get the “war paint” off her cheeks, or is that a big no-no in 1/6th?

GubernatorFan wrote:

I wonder if that’s a conscientious objection, if they’re thinking of getting out of the TBLeague line (not much from the past year has sold through), or it’s just some random thing with no real thought process behind it.

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Xavion2004 wrote:I just want the white version’s head sculpt.  Can I safely use a dab of acetone to get the “war paint” off her cheeks, or is that a big no-no in 1/6th?

You could, but it looks like there’s some subtle airbrushed blush and paintwork on top of the raw resin so it would probably leave you with really obvious ‘blank’ areas unfortunately.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
Xavion2004 wrote:

I wonder if that’s a conscientious objection, if they’re thinking of getting out of the TBLeague line (not much from the past year has sold through), or it’s just some random thing with no real thought process behind it.

It's (culturally) interesting to speculate whether BBTS has some specific sensitivity or resistance causing them to pass on these. They're certainly not getting out of the TBLeague line, the four items of Nephthys went up at BBTS routinely after they apparently skipped these. I don't remember whether up to now BBTS carried all of TBL automatically. Maybe it's cultural sensitivity; maybe it's lack of market confidence in the theme; maybe it's random. If some solid routine customer of BBTS asked them about wanting these, I wonder if they'd say anything.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Lynkhart wrote:
Xavion2004 wrote:I just want the white version’s head sculpt.  Can I safely use a dab of acetone to get the “war paint” off her cheeks, or is that a big no-no in 1/6th?

You could, but it looks like there’s some subtle airbrushed blush and paintwork on top of the raw resin so it would probably leave you with really obvious ‘blank’ areas unfortunately.

On close examination (of B at least) it also looks like the 'warpaint' is actually part of the mould of the sculpt. Shocked

It would have been much better if they'd just offered the warpaint as some kind of transfer/decal.

And it's only a small detail in the bizarre grand scheme of these sets, but I just can't get over those painted fingernails. Laughing

CMD115

Moonbase Alpha Male wrote:
Xavion2004 wrote:

It's (culturally) interesting to speculate whether BBTS has some specific sensitivity or resistance causing them to pass on these.  They're certainly not getting out of the TBLeague line, the four items of Nephthys went up at BBTS routinely after they apparently skipped these.  I don't remember whether up to now BBTS carried all of TBL automatically.  Maybe it's cultural sensitivity; maybe it's lack of market confidence in the theme; maybe it's random.  If some solid routine customer of BBTS asked them about wanting these, I wonder if they'd say anything.

CMD115

Here's basically what bigbadtoystore said.

"we typically have to await an official solicit from the manufacturer in order to offer an item on our website. The major brands are almost always offered, so it is just a matter of time before you might see those listings."

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
CMD115 wrote:Here's basically what bigbadtoystore said.

"we typically have to await an official solicit from the manufacturer in order to offer an item on our website. The major brands are almost always offered, so it is just a matter of time before you might see those listings."

Thank you for sharing this with us, CMD.

brassco

brassco
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (huntress attire) - White/Brown (PL2022-196A/B) - Page 2 IMG-20221020-133725
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (huntress attire) - White/Brown (PL2022-196A/B) - Page 2 IMG-20221020-133654
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (huntress attire) - White/Brown (PL2022-196A/B) - Page 2 IMG-20221020-133704

just received this. Nothing too difficult to setup. Got some room to play with the figure (means not everything put on), quite a number of accessories, same as promo picts as always. I thought that the feathers were soft, but no.

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (huntress attire) - White/Brown (PL2022-196A/B) - Page 2 IMG-20221020-135444
almost forgot about the arm bands and wrists guard. And the knife.

Valiarde

Valiarde
She looks a bit bored. The feathered being resin probably to be expected but there was still hope for sth more real.

tbleague is always fast with their releases, aren't they?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
She makes for a cute cosplayer. Smile

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
I think someone got lost.

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (huntress attire) - White/Brown (PL2022-196A/B) - Page 2 Img_6420

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (huntress attire) - White/Brown (PL2022-196A/B) - Page 2 Img_6411

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (huntress attire) - White/Brown (PL2022-196A/B) - Page 2 Img_6412

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (huntress attire) - White/Brown (PL2022-196A/B) - Page 2 Img_6415

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (huntress attire) - White/Brown (PL2022-196A/B) - Page 2 Img_6413

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (huntress attire) - White/Brown (PL2022-196A/B) - Page 2 Img_6414

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (huntress attire) - White/Brown (PL2022-196A/B) - Page 2 Img_6419

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (huntress attire) - White/Brown (PL2022-196A/B) - Page 2 Img_6416

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (huntress attire) - White/Brown (PL2022-196A/B) - Page 2 Img_6417

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (huntress attire) - White/Brown (PL2022-196A/B) - Page 2 Img_6418

So I took her home for shelter Very Happy I think she's a great figure. She could have a bit more expression though, as Valiarde mentioned, she looks a bit bored. Also her skirt tends to crawl up (and iit's already short). I may need to sow it to her panties with a few stitches. She'd probably also look better with straight instead of curly hair. I wonder if I could straighten it up by washing it.

And I'm a bit sorry I didn't get the white as well.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice outdoor photos. Didn’t you want to use the headdress?

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (huntress attire) - White/Brown (PL2022-196A/B) - Page 2 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GeeWillikers wrote:
Lynkhart wrote:

On close examination (of B at least) it also looks like the 'warpaint' is actually part of the mould of the sculpt. Shocked

It would have been much better if they'd just offered the warpaint as some kind of transfer/decal.

And it's only a small detail in the bizarre grand scheme of these sets, but I just can't get over those painted fingernails. Laughing

I would never use acetone on a 1/6 scale hard plastic head. I learned from experience that it will melt the plastic. pale

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Stryker2011 wrote:Nice outdoor photos. Didn’t you want to use the headdress?
Thanks.
Not for this shoot, maybe even not at all.

I also didn't put on all her accessories, I left out one necklace (she seemed a bit overloaded with three and the strings of tooths), the waist/hipband with teeth and the arrows. The last because they'd surely fall out of the holder.

csyeung

csyeung
TravelGuide wrote:

So I took her home for shelter Very Happy I think she's a great figure. She could have a bit more expression though, as Valiarde mentioned, she looks a bit bored. Also her skirt tends to crawl up (and iit's already short). I may need to sow it to her panties with a few stitches. She'd probably also look better with straight instead of curly hair. I wonder if I could straighten it up by washing it.

And I'm a bit sorry I didn't get the white as well.

Nice pics! Thanks for sharing! If you want to straighten hair, dip the hair in hot water and then comb out and it should straighten out nicely. You may consider washing it before with a bit of conditioner as well.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree regarding the hair. And nice outdoors photos.

Valiarde

Valiarde
These outdoor pics look so real and cool. Always nice to see action figures in the wild Smile Thanks for the very cool photos Travel Guide

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
csyeung wrote:

Nice pics! Thanks for sharing! If you want to straighten hair, dip the hair in hot water and then comb out and it should straighten out nicely. You may consider washing it before with a bit of conditioner as well.
Thank you. First attempt with just hot water didn't have much effect. They must have used some product to keep the hair in shape. I'll try again later with washing it with conditioner first.

GubernatorFan wrote:I agree regarding the hair. And nice outdoors photos.
Thank you.

Valiarde wrote:These outdoor pics look so real and cool. Always nice to see action figures in the wild Smile  Thanks for the very cool photos Travel Guide
Thank you too, I like taking them outside for pics, also because indoors I'm limited regarding lighting and space (so I don't have backdrops).

Zurdoz

Zurdoz
Great pics shared in this thread! I do agree with member's opinions on these Mohegan figures, for instance I do wish they reflected real life Native Americans more so than how TBL chose to depict these, but nevertheless I think they’re still solid figures.

Admittedly I picked up the Brown Ver. since, well it’s the closest thing to the character Naru from Prey (2022) I could find. I haven’t opened mine, but did pick up the main outfit and some of the accessories when they were parted out and put it on an S23 body I had. I used the White Ver. head on my put together figure and I think she looks pretty good Smile Just as with P/TBL products, I’m impressed with the overall quality.

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (huntress attire) - White/Brown (PL2022-196A/B) - Page 2 YUABU2A

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (huntress attire) - White/Brown (PL2022-196A/B) - Page 2 LMBZujE

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (huntress attire) - White/Brown (PL2022-196A/B) - Page 2 NoPJ0Nx

I’m gonna use a HT Star Wars base, I think this one would be fitting.

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (huntress attire) - White/Brown (PL2022-196A/B) - Page 2 TdEbh8f

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice photos, Zurdoz, as usual. And I agree, while TBLeague's design is often questionable, the quality tends to be very good.

Zurdoz

Zurdoz
GubernatorFan wrote:Nice photos, Zurdoz, as usual. And I agree, while TBLeague's design is often questionable, the quality tends to be very good.

Thank you! NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague - Mohegan (huntress attire) - White/Brown (PL2022-196A/B) - Page 2 1f600 While I would’ve preferred a more covered up outfit, I think this one still comes across nicely.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum