OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 7]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
I found a couple of those Kumik heads that's supposed to be Summer Glau if you're interested, Peaches:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/KUMIK-KM15-28-1-6-Scale-Beauty-Headplay-Female-Head-Sculpt-for-12-Figure/401041147614?hash=item5d5fea46de:g:xkkAAOSwwE5WbSp8

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kumik-1-6-KM15-28-Scale-Female-Head-Sculpt-Beauty-Headplay-for-12-Phicen-Figure/262633771972?hash=item3d263153c4:g:GcQAAOSwTA9X4I-R

skywalkersaga

Ok, finally some good news.... I went ahead and ordered the s25b. It has been agony waiting to find out for sure if it would work with the headsculpt I wanted to use it with in the meantime. It arrived this morning, and omg.... it works! :O  I mean, yes, ok, it's still a teeny bit wobbly (easily sorted using the method put forth by GF and brassco), but it looks fine size-wise! Even the neck looks fine! I am breathing a huge sigh of relief. And not only does the headsculpt I wanted to use with it look right in terms of size, but the colour match is really good! And best of all....the body itself is the right size next to the male figure!!! Smile Smile Smile

So, for anyone curious, the s25b (suntan) does indeed work ok with a Peak Toys headsculpt, in both size and skintone (even the inner peg that comes with it seems to be about the right length for it). The Kimi Toys head that I tried on it, on the other hand, while it too looked surprisingly ok size-wise and even in terms of skintone, did have a bit more of a noticeable 'gap' in the back of the neck area. This can be easily worked around with the right hairstyle though -- if the hair is long and being left down (as with the Hermione figure pictured above), then it is not super noticeable. (And honestly even some jointed bodies have had this problem when I've used certain Kimi sculpts on them, so I'm used to working around it and it's not the end of the world.)

I don't have any pics yet (bear with me), but as soon as I do, you can be sure I will share them here! Smile  

Overall, I am so excited -- this s25b body opens up so many more possibilities for me in terms of costuming that I had not previously allowed myself to consider, as I did not think I could find a short enough seamless body to use.

Huge thanks to everyone who has provided detailed info and photos! You've all helped me immensely!!! cheers

ThePhotogsBlog

I can't wait to see the photos.

skywalkersaga

Silly question, but... does one need to use a hairdryer to warm up the hands and feet on these to remove them? I have never owned a tbleague body before, and I was going to try some clothing on my new s25b just now, and realized the feet and hands were far more 'stuck' on than I am used to with non-seamless bodies. Didn't want to risk damaging the joints so thought I'd better ask...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Silly question, but... does one need to use a hairdryer to warm up the hands and feet on these to remove them? I have never owned a tbleague body before, and I was going to try some clothing on my new s25b just now, and realized the feet and hands were far more 'stuck' on than I am used to with non-seamless bodies. Didn't want to risk damaging the joints so thought I'd better ask...

Technically you don't need a hairdryer, and when I am lazy I don't use it, just grip and pull and hope nothing breaks. But I do strongly recommend using a hairdryer, aiming it as much as possible at the plastic rather than the silicone (this little will not cause damage, but if you are worried you can use some cardboard or a magazine to protect the silicone from the hot air). The feet on the female figures are much harder to remove than those on the male ones and the smaller bodies have finer and possibly weaker pegs and hands and feet, hence using a hairdryer may be even more advantageous here than usual. (Many of the earlier taller female bodies and the male M31 suffered from serious problems when the metal wrist pin would get pulled out and remain with the hand; in theory it could be reattached but never as securely as before. Just in case something like this might happen again, using a hairdryer as a matter of routine makes sense.)

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:Silly question, but... does one need to use a hairdryer to warm up the hands and feet on these to remove them? I have never owned a tbleague body before, and I was going to try some clothing on my new s25b just now, and realized the feet and hands were far more 'stuck' on than I am used to with non-seamless bodies. Didn't want to risk damaging the joints so thought I'd better ask...

Technically you don't need a hairdryer, and when I am lazy I don't use it, just grip and pull and hope nothing breaks. But I do strongly recommend using a hairdryer, aiming it as much as possible at the plastic rather than the silicone (this little will not cause damage, but if you are worried you can use some cardboard or a magazine to protect the silicone from the hot air). The feet on the female figures are much harder to remove than those on the male ones and the smaller bodies have finer and possibly weaker pegs and hands and feet, hence using a hairdryer may be even more advantageous here than usual. (Many of the earlier taller female bodies and the male M31 suffered from serious problems when the metal wrist pin would get pulled out and remain with the hand; in theory it could be reattached but never as securely as before. Just in case something like this might happen again, using a hairdryer as a matter of routine makes sense.)

Thank you SO much for the quick and, as usual, thorough and helpful reply! I was worried about this exact thing (the rather delicate wrists, especially), so I'm very glad I asked!

Frustrating that the hands and feet are so 'fiddly' on these. I get that the harder plastic is probably better for the feet in terms of the figure being able to stand on its own, but the hands being so hard are just odd...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I think the hands being that hard has to do with being able to hold onto objects without wilting (though, the wrists do that themselves). It's a fine line with these bodies having a metal skeleton. On one hand it's ingenious and more durable to have, but metal against hard plastic, it just makes the hands weak at the wrist.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 4 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yeah, understandable. : )

So far I think this body is really neat, and I'm impressed with the quality otherwise, it's just taking me some getting used to since I am much more accustomed to the non-seamless bodies.

doodlehobby

I'm throwing this in for reference on the heads I tried with the S25B:
tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 4 40025432623_b407fc9842_kS25B with PLMB2013-15 Head by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 4 33114614108_e4153f701b_kS25B with Villa head by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 4 46265908794_9bb017f2c2_kS25B with Dark Zone Agent Tracy head by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 4 32048778677_5865c47288_kS25B with generic Anne Hathaway Catwoman head by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 4 40025432323_e4153f701b_kS25B with Wondery head by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 4 40025432783_9e64dbb707_kS25B with generic head by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 4 32048778797_8d486f4461_kS25B with Kimi head by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 4 32048778957_1ff31da849_kS25B Combat Witch by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
That's a nice collection of custom figures and I bet it will prove a valuable reference.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow, yes, very helpful, indeed! Thank you. : )

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Welcome aboard, Doodlehobby, and thanks for posting. Of all of them, it looks like the Very Cool “Villa” (aka Cara Delevigne) head looks closest in size and color. Good reference. I’m curious, was the original SW body by HT as tiny as the S25?

tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 4 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote:Welcome aboard, Doodlehobby, and thanks for posting. Of all of them, it looks like the Very Cool “Villa” (aka Cara Delevigne) head looks closest in size and color. Good reference. I’m curious, was the original SW body by HT as tiny as the S25?

Those were my thoughts exactly -- they all looked pretty good, but the Villa head looks especially amazing on that body!

And yes, I too was wondering if that was an original Scarlet Witch outfit or one specifically tailored to the s25b....

doodlehobby

I'm not sure of the HT Scarlett Witch Age of Ultron. This was a generic clone I think made by CGL toys. It's probably more similar to ACPlay Scarlet Witch (combat version). As I have read ACPlay uses a smaller body and gambled this might work with it. And it worked very well indeed. Lol

Villa is definitely the best fit for this look and its staying that way for now. I'm still waiting for the S26 bodies to arrive to see what I can do with them... provided I have heada that work. Lol

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
doodlehobby wrote:I'm still waiting for the S26 bodies to arrive to see what I can do with them... provided I have heada that work. Lol

Good luck with that. Let us know what you find. I ordered two heads from the Bay for the S26 & S27, both were too big. And I have about 50 loose heads -- none of them seem the right size to my eyes. About the closest ones I found were those two Elf-Eared Wondery Head sculpts -- and those looked best on the S24 & S25 IMHO. The biggest issue with the 26 & 27 is the shoulders are so narrow (yet they still gave them typical TBL big boobs), every head I tried made them look like a bobble-head. Someone needs to come up with "Child-Sized" heads in order for these petite bodies to work.

doodlehobby

I'll definitely post my findings on the petite bodies. The strange thing is it looks like TBL went more in the lines of reducing scale body than coming up with an actual scale body of that size. And it's annoying they change neck peg sizes and not make heads to go with them.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Agreed -- it's very frustrating for those of us who want seamless 'teenaged' bodies that are still in-scale. Or even just petite adults that don't have massive boobs. Razz I *may* have a custom head that could work with a s27b, but I'd have to do some major 'bust reduction' surgery for it to look even remotely accurate to the character. And I have no idea how to go about that....O.o

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
S25B Leia again. This one is for Stryker...

tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 4 Darths11

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Lovely. Every guy's fantasy of my age, is to see themselves with their significant other in that outfit. Love her sword -- I guess Arkhalla didn't really need it (unless she wants to get to the blood a lot faster) -- makes Leia look like an even bigger bad-@$$ than she already was.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Glad you liked it. In case someone's missed it, this head sculpt is said to resemble Stryker. Hence the inside jokes every time I use it. Or outside jokes, from now on.

Peaches

Peaches
Don't know if I said it elsewhere, but thank you @Stryker2011 for the heads up on the Summer Glau heads, I did order one and it should come after luner new year Smile

Pontiacivan

Pontiacivan
mrhoss wrote:I bought an S25B to try it out with Leia's Hot Toys Hoth jumpsuit.  The sleeves are a little long, but the overall fit isn't terrible.  Actually, I think it looks better than what my poor photography conveys.  Bobble head syndrome is definitely a bummer.

...and yes, Leia's jumpsuit has to be resewn  Cool .

tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 4 43947525784_008c0d0a6c_z

tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 4 43756841355_5ff1567b03

tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 4 43947525694_008c0d0a6c

Beautiful work on the jumpsuit! Looks fantastic!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Peaches wrote:Don't know if I said it elsewhere, but thank you @Stryker2011 for the heads up on the Summer Glau heads, I did order one and it should come after luner new year Smile

No problem. Glad I could help.

doodlehobby

Got my S26A bodies and YM Toy heads in (the elf ones) and finally had a chance to sit down and take a quick look over them. I've got to say the bodies are really petite (smaller than expected). The elf heads look very nice. I'll be posting pics tomorrow or day after once I find some clothes that will fit these bodies. The Barbie stuff I have readily on hand are a little big on them. LOL

So going to dig deeper into my other Barbie collections. I have a rough idea of what to use and think it's going to look awesome. Stay tuned! :p

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with, doodlehobby.

Peaches

Peaches
@doodlehobby i'm also looking forward to photos as I really want the variation! Need to know what works!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yes, definitely curious! I have a head that is supposed to go with a 25cm Obitsu body and I am hoping that the s26a or s27b might work with it, but I've been hesitating to purchase it in case it doesn't...

doodlehobby

Alright, here's what I got put together for reference:
tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 4 47131358191_b4eb9793c6_kS26A HS Villa by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 4 40166262413_22c8e86c58_kS26A HS Very Cool Lady Dragon by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 4 40166262423_9ddc0efb96_kS26A HS ThreeZero Commander Lin by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 4 40166262443_9f069d7b50_kS26A HS Phicen by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 4 40166262243_ffc84f6f97_kS26A HS Phicen Shi by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

Ok. This was just for someone who asked on my Flickr account. Amazingly, it looks toonishly okay with this body. LOL
tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 4 40166262503_2b4ceeb6e8_kS26A HS MH Blood Good by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 4 40166262283_d04619eb95_kS26A HS MH Blood Good 1 by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

Mattel SheRa head:
tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 4 40166262533_6f4625bb14_kS26A HS Mattel SheRa by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 4 40166262593_3d72e92adf_kS26A HS Kimi by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 4 46217101385_0450bdf464_kS26A HS Kimi 1 by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

I don't know who makes this (it also has movable eyes):
tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 4 47131358321_899c92f8c6_kS26A HS Generic by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

And now the VM Toys Elves:
tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 4 40166262153_aaeb65244c_kS26A HS VMToys Elf Suntan by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 4 40166262353_78a4710702_kS26A HS VMToys Elf Pale by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

Now for some other things using the S26A and S25B
tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 4 46217101405_c89715bbed_kS26A Commando Lin by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 4 40166262693_54d086cf41_kS26A Elves by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 4 40166260243_344da96e2c_kS25B and S26A Fantasy 1 by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 4 47131356111_832c4c7dc2_kS25B and S26A Fantasy 2 by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 4 40166260193_b79caa6c52_kS25B and S26A Fantasy 3 by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow, great pics! Thank you for these awesome references!

I love the cute lil outfit you assembled . And the Villa head still looks good on it! That Monster High (?) head is hilarious. Of all of them, I am oddly partial to that Lady Dragon head .... looks amazing!

The posing in the final pics is excellent , and looks like a group  of cosplaying friends having a photo shoot at a con. Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum