OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Peaches

@doodlehobby i'm also looking forward to photos as I really want the variation! Need to know what works!

skywalkersaga

Yes, definitely curious! I have a head that is supposed to go with a 25cm Obitsu body and I am hoping that the s26a or s27b might work with it, but I've been hesitating to purchase it in case it doesn't...

doodlehobby

Alright, here's what I got put together for reference:
tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 5 47131358191_b4eb9793c6_kS26A HS Villa by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 5 40166262413_22c8e86c58_kS26A HS Very Cool Lady Dragon by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 5 40166262423_9ddc0efb96_kS26A HS ThreeZero Commander Lin by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 5 40166262443_9f069d7b50_kS26A HS Phicen by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 5 40166262243_ffc84f6f97_kS26A HS Phicen Shi by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

Ok. This was just for someone who asked on my Flickr account. Amazingly, it looks toonishly okay with this body. LOL
tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 5 40166262503_2b4ceeb6e8_kS26A HS MH Blood Good by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 5 40166262283_d04619eb95_kS26A HS MH Blood Good 1 by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

Mattel SheRa head:
tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 5 40166262533_6f4625bb14_kS26A HS Mattel SheRa by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 5 40166262593_3d72e92adf_kS26A HS Kimi by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 5 46217101385_0450bdf464_kS26A HS Kimi 1 by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

I don't know who makes this (it also has movable eyes):
tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 5 47131358321_899c92f8c6_kS26A HS Generic by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

And now the VM Toys Elves:
tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 5 40166262153_aaeb65244c_kS26A HS VMToys Elf Suntan by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 5 40166262353_78a4710702_kS26A HS VMToys Elf Pale by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

Now for some other things using the S26A and S25B
tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 5 46217101405_c89715bbed_kS26A Commando Lin by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 5 40166262693_54d086cf41_kS26A Elves by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 5 40166260243_344da96e2c_kS25B and S26A Fantasy 1 by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 5 47131356111_832c4c7dc2_kS25B and S26A Fantasy 2 by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 5 40166260193_b79caa6c52_kS25B and S26A Fantasy 3 by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

skywalkersaga

Wow, great pics! Thank you for these awesome references!

I love the cute lil outfit you assembled . And the Villa head still looks good on it! That Monster High (?) head is hilarious. Of all of them, I am oddly partial to that Lady Dragon head .... looks amazing!

The posing in the final pics is excellent , and looks like a group  of cosplaying friends having a photo shoot at a con. Laughing

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Well done, doodlehobby. I actually think the Monster High head works on this body, since that’s pretty much what they look like on their original ones. The Kimi Toys and the Anime-ish generic heads look pretty good, too. I only ordered the blonde Elf Head from YM, but that one works well, as well — it helps that the cape you put on her helps to hid how narrow the shoulders on these two bodies are.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 5 C8485110

doodlehobby

skywalkersaga wrote:Wow, great pics! Thank you for these awesome references!

I love the cute lil outfit you assembled . And the Villa head still looks good on it! That Monster High (?) head is hilarious. Of all of them, I am oddly partial to that Lady Dragon head .... looks amazing!

The posing in the final pics is excellent , and looks like a group  of cosplaying friends having a photo shoot at a con. Laughing
Thanks! Very Happy

Took awhile to bash together on these petite bodies (much smaller than a typical Barbie body). Glad I has some things that worked well with it. LOL

I love the Dragon Lady head on it, but it can only be viewed mostly front facing. Other angles and you'll get that weird disjointed, gappy look as the it's designed for a large bust body with a much wider neck. I loved it on the body and can push past those short comings (as it's more fantasy and doesn't need to be really proportionate in my view) if posed in certain ways. Most of the heads I used are about the same size to each other with a few exceptions (can't recall, but I think Shi and another head).

Stryker2011 wrote:Well done, doodlehobby. I actually think the Monster High head works on this body, since that’s pretty much what they look like on their original ones. The Kimi Toys and the Anime-ish generic heads look pretty good, too. I only ordered the blonde Elf Head from YM, but that one works well, as well — it helps that the cape you put on her helps to hid how narrow the shoulders on these two bodies are.
Thanks! The Monster High head was a funny experiment. I remember putting that also on the Shi SS tan body too. That worked well with it as well. It does indeed work with this body, just clothing would be a different issue altogether. LOL

I love the YM Toy elf heads and it doesn't bother me slapping them on the S26A bodies. I always pictured elves as being more petite and slim which suits well with this body. But that is just personal taste. Smile

Peaches

Peaches
@doodlehobby , I'm astonished that I felt the Kimi head looked best! Didn't I read that Kimi heads tend to be large? I really like the look of this body a lot!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
So, today I finally got the s27b! Very Happy Been wanting it for ages. I really like it, other than the ginormous boobs, lol, but I already knew that before getting it so no big deal. Though it may or may not end up being the subject of a 'bust reduction' experiment at some point in the near future.  ;p

The only frustration/disappointment over it has nothing to do with the body itself -- rather, I'd gotten this body to use with a very specific custom headsculpt of a young teen character, which had originally been made for an Obitsu body. I figured since this was the smallest 1/6 tbleague body out there, and one that had even been marketing using Obitsu heads, it should be fine. But nope....the sculpt was STILL too small on it! :O  Eep, now I'm back to having to use the extremely fragile, doll-like, jointed Obitsu body. Sad

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Sorry it didn't work out as well as you hoped. I, too, am surprised you found a head that would look too small on that tiny 1/6 body. Just off the top of my head (and I cannot back this up with measurements or experience), have you looked into the Disney Store Leia (classic look) figure and body? Maybe it is small enough and articulated yet sturdy enough to work -- maybe!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:Sorry it didn't work out as well as you hoped. I, too, am surprised you found a head that would look too small on that tiny 1/6 body. Just off the top of my head (and I cannot back this up with measurements or experience), have you looked into the Disney Store Leia (classic look) figure and body? Maybe it is small enough and articulated yet sturdy enough to work -- maybe!

Yeah, it was a bit of an unpleasant surprise, sigh. But of course these things happen. :/

And hey, yeah, that's actually a really good suggestion. Especially cause at least hard plastic can be painted. The only potential issue I can see is that I *think* that Leia figure has head with an attached neck, so the body doesn't have a neck. And since the headsculpt I'm using doesn't have an attached neck itself, it might not be compatible.

I'm going to try to see if the headsculpt can be digitally enlarged. But unfortunately that might take a while, for various logistical reasons. So to proceed with the project, I might have to just go ahead with the under-sized head and the less than ideal body. But I'm still very happy with the s27b, and looking forward to attempting some mods on it. Hopefully I can eventually put it to use. Smile

doodlehobby

Obitsu actually made heads of varying sizes. They actually made smaller bodies than the S26/27 with small busts. Then even had child size bodies made as well. When they used to make heads you had to look at the range measurement they provided the heads will work with. At least they gave you an idea body size to adapt the head to...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
doodlehobby wrote:Obitsu actually made heads of varying sizes. They actually made smaller bodies than the S26/27 with small busts. Then even had child size bodies made as well. When they used to make heads you had to look at the range measurement they provided the heads will work with. At least they gave you an idea body size to adapt the head to...

Yes, that is true. And in all fairness, the head I was wanting to use was for a 25 cm Obitsu, rather than a 27 cm. But since it was actually a bit large on the 25cm, I had thought it might have a chance of fitting the s27b tbleague. Obviously I was wrong. :p

Peaches

Peaches
Love these heads! You don't say what the clothes are from, I'm especially interested in the frilly skirt/jacket outfit size. Is it Barbie or Bratz? Man, now I really want some of this size doll too!

doodlehobby

Peaches wrote:Love these heads!  You don't say what the clothes are from, I'm especially interested in the frilly skirt/jacket outfit size.  Is it Barbie or Bratz?  Man, now I really want some of this size doll too!
LOL they really are nice despite some limitations with it. Barbie outfits seem to work well with it for the most part. Though, there are some instances where they may still be a little tight (like the leggings). In regards to the frilly skirt/jacket, it's from Barbie Life in the Dreamhouse Raquelle. It's from 2012/13? Maybe a little hard to find if you plan on looking for it.

ravrohan

I just pulled the trigger on a 24a and a Super Duck 2B head, so here's hoping it works out.

doodlehobby

ravrohan wrote:I just pulled the trigger on a 24a and a Super Duck 2B head, so here's hoping it works out.  
Let us know how it goes. Hope it'll work but I don't have any Super Duck HS Smile

Peaches

Peaches
Thanks @doodlehobby , good to know! Thanks

I also have two Superduck heads on order since early January. It would be cool if they turned out small Smile @ravrohan

ravrohan

doodlehobby wrote:
ravrohan wrote:I just pulled the trigger on a 24a and a Super Duck 2B head, so here's hoping it works out.  
Let us know how it goes. Hope it'll work but I don't have any Super Duck HS Smile

Me either, but I'll post pictures once everything arrives Smile

@Peaches I thought it would be good to try out with a 2B head, because it wasn't expensive and I like the character enough that if it doesn't work with the smaller body, I can just use it with a normal sized one down the line and still be happy.

But wasn't there a picture in a thread somewhere, where it had a number of heads lined up in several rows, numbered, that fit the smaller bodies? I can't find it now and I'm not sure if I'm misremembering.

ravrohan

Just a quick WIP shot.  The head works very well with the body, for proportions.  The clothes she's in (and perhaps not in) kind of throw it off in this shot, but that's all apart of the WIP tag and is mostly that jacket.  The color difference between head and body is small enough to be the normal difference for someone who keeps their body covered while still going outside without hiding their face.  The only problem is that the head joint is so loose, but that'll be solved once I remember what I did with that spongy white foam I was keeping.  Embarassed

tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 5 4109020

If there are any other shots people would like, just let me know and I'll post them Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ravrohan wrote:But wasn't there a picture in a thread somewhere, where it had a number of heads lined up in several rows, numbered, that fit the smaller bodies?  I can't find it now and I'm not sure if I'm misremembering.

Perhaps you mean this thread:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t793-suitably-scaled-heads-for-phicen-s27b#11227

ravrohan wrote:Just a quick WIP shot.  The head works very well with the body, for proportions.  The clothes she's in (and perhaps not in) kind of throw it off in this shot, but that's all apart of the WIP tag and is mostly that jacket.  The color difference between head and body is small enough to be the normal difference for someone who keeps their body covered while still going outside without hiding their face.

Very nice bash!

ravrohan

Yep, that's the thread, still a good resource for these size bodies I think. At least we know a range. Thanks for the link.

And thanks! Most of the parts showed up at once and I snatched them all up, so she came together pretty fast.

Peaches

Peaches
Awesome, @GubernatorFan, sorry I had a crazy week, @ravrohan Sad That WIP pic, she's not on the 26 or 27 is she? That would be amazing Smile

doodlehobby

Peaches wrote:Awesome, @GubernatorFan, sorry I had a crazy week, @ravrohan Sad  That WIP pic, she's not on the 26 or 27 is she?  That would be amazing Smile
It's on a 24A according to previous post. So the medium not too petite body. :p

@ravrohan definitely a very nice bash. Smile

Peaches

Peaches
Well, Although I would love to see what more people do with the 36 and 27, I'm pretty happy with the 24/25 bodies Smile I need to paint my heads! Ugh!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Well, I ordered the JXToys Avril head sculpt; I just hope it is appropriately small. Ms. Lavigne is a tiny little thing at 5'2" (making her around 26.24666666666667 cm in 1:6 scale) -- which would mean, that the S27B would be about the right height for her (and Carrie Fisher -- who was 5' 1"). However, with how oddly narrow the shoulders are, it would look more like a child's body (with disproportionate bust), then an adult woman's body. So, unless they surprise me with a slightly smaller head, the Avril HS will end up on a much taller body than it should be.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 5 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I know the frustration, Stryker! I'm sure it will still look good, but it would indeed be nice to be able to recreate characters' and/or real people's heights and statures a bit more accurately.

Peaches

Peaches
Yah, it's too bad we can't just kitbash these bodies :/

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks in large part to the very generous help and advice I received on this thread, I was finally able to finish my first figure using one of these smaller tbleague bodies! Smile

While I already posted these pics over on their own thread, I just wanted to share them here as well:

tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 5 Img_6611

tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 5 Img_6615

tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B - Page 5 Img_6511

She is a 'realistic' interpretation of an animated Clone Wars-style Padme Amidala, on s25b body, with a PeakToys headsculpt, repainted by me. : )

Thanks again to everyone who went out of their way to provide pics and answer questions, especially to GF for those awesome height comparison photos! Being able to use seamless bodies for more petite female characters has really opened a lot of doors for me, and I now can't wait to work on others as well! Very Happy

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
You are welcome. Given the nature of the outfit, perhaps using a seamless body really does make enough of a difference. I hadn't realized you repainted the head, in which case you did a super nice job.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum