OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
This is a very brief product review of the recently announced and just released TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A, S25B, S26A, and S27B.

These are now out, and already available not only in China, but also the States. I bought from China to save money (since I was ordering several), and mine just arrived. Here are a few notes and a couple of photos.

The bodies are nicely proportioned and shaped in a fit, yet not excessive manner. The sculpting is very detailed, while the coloring is very subtle. They come in pale and (new) suntan, both being quite light in color; in fact the difference between the two skin tones is fairly minor. We get pretty much all that we have come to expect: a steel-skeleton body in a silicon "skin" (really, "flesh"), plus two pairs of removable feet (flat and heel) and three pairs of hands (relaxed, fist, and gun-grip). Unlike some recent TBLeague female seamless body releases, the box does not include the basic bikini or any other clothing. The compartment that would have held the clothing is filled with a little citrus-scented packet.

S24A and S26A are pale, S25B and S27B are suntan; S24A and S25B are slightly shorter than their predecessors (at about 27 cm tall including a head), while S26A and S27B are even more petite (at about 26 cm tall including a head).

To the usual challenge of finding a head sculpt that would match the skin tone closely enough, we now have to add the additional challenge of finding a head sculpt that would not appear too large for the body (and here the actual head size and the hair style are both factors). The VTS Furiosa head would fit beautifully if it weren't as tanned and as dirty; the TIFA head matches the (new) suntan beautifully, but looks just a bit too big. Nevertheless it is possible to find decent matches for the skin tone and the head size. I have tried to do that in the photos that follow, but there may well be other and better options. One thing that is a bit annoying is that the new bodies come with a smaller knob at the end of the neck peg, and one usually has to do something to make the fit with a head sculpt more secure -- I have resorted to packing in some thin slivers of foamies. I really do not see why this innovation was necessary or how it could have been particularly helpful, even within TBLeague (even if they were going to produce slightly smaller heads, that hardly requires resizing the neck knob).

These minor challenges apart, overall all four new bodies are a very good product that addresses the generally overly-tall issue of Phicen/TBLeague female bodies. Can it be improved? Of course. But it is as good as what we have come to expect from this company.

Hope this helps.

tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B Tbleag10

tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B Tbleag11

#tbleague #phicen #female #body #seamless #productreview

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Here are a couple more photos, of S25B with another M33. And yes, she "plays" Sif in the The Odinssons. Smile

tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B Tbleag12

tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B Tbleag13

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks for posting. I like the smaller size, but as you say, HS are going to be a challenge. I'm pretty sure I ordered one of each myself, but I ordered through Timewalker so it could be awhile before I get mine.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Thanks for posting. I like the smaller size, but as you say, HS are going to be a challenge. I'm pretty sure I ordered one of each myself, but I ordered through Timewalker so it could be awhile before I get mine.

You are very welcome. If you have a range of female head sculpts (and I believe you do), you should not have much trouble finding at least several that will work. Timewalker are good people, and they offer good list prices (though with shipping that could come out a bit pricier).

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Ah!  I just got mine in too!  I was going to start a review thread, but you beat me to it.  

I grabbed the pale in both sizes, since the color match looked like it would be a better fit for the Original Effect heads I was planning to swap out.  This is kinda my test run, and I plan on grabbing for the rest of my House of Seasons characters depending on how well I do with this 1st batch.

1st off, I hadn't realized the issue with the smaller ball on the neck.  That is definitely going to be an issue and a big annoyance.  I really wish I knew TBL's logic behind this, as it can't be a help for anyone.  I really wonder what heads they expect people to use.  

I'm also fairly sure the feet and hands are the same size on both new body sizes.  The hands aren't as noticable, but the feel look a little big on the larger size, and I think it's even more apparent on the smaller.  Not a huge deal, but worth noting.

But the strangest new addition is the new "aromatic" packets that come opposite the one thart absorbs moisture.

tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B Img_1210

It is STRONG, and has the sort of chemical smell I would assume is usually associated with a citrus scented urinal cake.  It definitely leaves the body with a bit of a faint smell that I hope will just go away sooner than later.  I so deeply wonder how the addition of these came about.

Sorry for the gripes.  The only things that were noteworthy were these negatives.  Besides this minor issues, I'm actually REALLY happy with them.  Having these to switch out the House of Seasons figures is a huge win for me, and I'm really excited about it.  They are otherwise great, with a nice build, and the usual quality we expect from Phicen/TBL.  I'll hopefully have a bunch of pictures to post after I've had the chance to work with them a bit more.

http://reverendspooky.com

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ReverendSpooky wrote:Ah!  I just got mine in too!  I was going to start a review thread, but you beat me to it.  

1st off, I hadn't realized the issue with the smaller ball on the neck.  That is definitely going to be an issue and a big annoyance.  I really wish I knew TBL's logic behind this, as it can't be a help for anyone.  I really wonder what heads they expect people to use.  

But the strangest new addition is the new "aromatic" packets that come opposite the one thart absorbs moisture. It is STRONG, and has the sort of chemical smell I would assume is usually associated with a citrus scented urinal cake.  It definitely leaves the body with a bit of a faint smell that I hope will just go away sooner than later.  I so deeply wonder how the addition of these came about.

Congratulations. Sorry if I stole your planned initiative. But feel free to post here or in new threads when you get around to your photos.

The neck thing is quite curious. Perhaps TBLeague is coming out with boxed sets that will be using these bodies and the planned heads will fit directly. Experiment with foamies to make the fit a bit tighter, it works reasonably well.

I did think the aromatic beads packets were a tad strong, though the smell isn't exactly bad -- at least until you brought up the urinal cakes comparison. I wonder if they weren't inspired by Jiaou Doll. That didn't have scented packets, but I think they used scented protective powder.

Looking forward to your photos of whatever you end up doing with these bodies.

dadrab

dadrab
Thank you for showing these. All look pretty damn nice, to my eyes.

The smaller head post is really curious. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot...

I'm also wondering about the "scenting" of the packages. Perhaps they got into a smelly batch of latex and decided to cover it up.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Had the chance to actually start working with mine a bit last night. While initially annoyed at the smaller neck peg, it turns out is actually fits the socket on the OE heads. I had come to terms with having to put some work into modifying, but this actually ended up working out in my favor. Still going to be an issue for all other projects, but for now, I'll take the win. On the downside, the socket on the OE heads is situated right at the bottom of the head, as opposed to deeper inside like most others, so there is a gap where the metal post is visible from the sides and back. I'm thinking of trying to fill in the gap with a bit of the neck from the old OE body. We'll see how that plays out.

GubernatorFan, have you noticed a more limited range of motion on the arms of the bodies you received? I feel like the area around the bicep doesn't want to rotate outward (if that makes any sense). I thought it might be a defect, but it seems to be a thing on both bodies I got.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
dadrab wrote:Thank you for showing these. All look pretty damn nice, to my eyes.

The smaller head post is really curious. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot...

I'm also wondering about the "scenting" of the packages. Perhaps they got into a smelly batch of latex and decided to cover it up.

Interesting idea... Smile And thank you.

ReverendSpooky wrote:Had the chance to actually start working with mine a bit last night.  While initially annoyed at the smaller neck peg, it turns out is actually fits the socket on the OE heads.  I had come to terms with having to put some work into modifying, but this actually ended up working out in my favor.  Still going to be an issue for all other projects, but for now, I'll take the win.  On the downside, the socket on the OE heads is situated right at the bottom of the head, as opposed to deeper inside like most others, so there is a gap where the metal post is visible from the sides and back.  I'm thinking of trying to fill in the gap with a bit of the neck from the old OE body.  We'll see how that plays out.

GubernatorFan, have you noticed a more limited range of motion on the arms of the bodies you received?  I feel like the area around the bicep doesn't want to rotate outward (if that makes any sense).  I thought it might be a defect, but it seems to be a thing on both bodies I got.  

Glad it is working out for you. What exactly are OE heads/bodies? The acronym is just not ringing a bell for me, or I'm blanking out. The way you describe it, it sounds like the head is sitting too high up, but that can't possibly be it.

Now that you mention it, I did notice a certain reticence to rotate the lower arm outward to the side when I was posing one of the bodies (it was the S25B, so suntan, and therefore different from yours). I didn't check the other bodies, but your observation confirms that this is an underlying issue. Which leads to the usual question in situations like this: why mess with success?

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Oh, sorry about that!  OE is Original Effect.  They did a whole line of more stylized 1/6 figures a few years back.  Not everyone's cup of tea, but I really dug them, and since they were a bit shorter (and with some figures much taller), thought they'd be the perfect base for the House of Seasons storyline figures I was doing.  

tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B Candy12
tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B Gaya10
tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B Sophia12
tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B Soul10

And for a while I was really happy, and they were perfect for the project, after tons of modification:

tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B 4258671_orig
tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B 5910732_orig
tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B 180486_orig
tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B 4038922_orig

The company pretty much just disappeared, and after a couple years, the bodies didn't hold up well.  Joints got very loose, so the figure barely could stand an lots of joint breakage.  You couldn't pose them without hands or arms falling off, so they were just not worth photographing, since it was such a pain.  I thought about transferring heads to Phicen bodies when they came out, but there was too much of a size difference to look right.  Until now. So after so much anticipation, I damn well plan to make it work.

I agree that it's very strange that they change the skeleton design. I can't imagine it's intentional to limit movement. I plan to mess with it a bit more tonight to see what the deal is.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ohh, Rev, you definitely need to repost those pics of your OE characters; those were cool.

Guv, I don’t worry about shipping with Timewalker; I always ask that they bundle my orders for free shipping (sometimes it means waiting a bit, but that’s okay).

tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you for explaining OE, ReverendSpooky, and showing them off. Interesting that your post-apocalyptic theme has resonated even in these more anime creations.

Stryker -- I had forgotten about that. I do ask for bundled shipping when I shop with them, but with some preorders taking longer than forever, it doesn't work quite as it is supposed to. Besides, patience was never one of my many virtues.

MerylAkiba

These sizes look great. I wonder if they could wear the Hot Toys BW jumpsuit? I still have the Candy OE  figure that I wanted to customized. Its still in the corner inside its box. I should of bought the Rocketeer and Sunny.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
MerylAkiba wrote:These sizes look great. I wonder if they could wear the Hot Toys BW jumpsuit?

Good question. If I had a spare suit, I would check for you, but I don't want to mess up the one on the figure. In most respects probably it should fit, although I did notice the hips still seemed fairly wide when I was putting the clothing on it. But given enough patience and persistence, it might work.

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Stryker2011 wrote:Ohh, Rev, you definitely need to repost those pics of your OE characters; those were cool.

Ask and you shall receive! I'll have to repost some stuff this weekend. And if all works out with these bodies, I'll hopefully have new versions to post soon.

GubernatorFan wrote:Thank you for explaining OE, ReverendSpooky, and showing them off. Interesting that your post-apocalyptic theme has resonated even in these more anime creations.

Thanks much man! The House of Seasons stuff is a very different beast (although still has my fingerprints all over it). It's more of a modern urban fantasy, where magik developed alongside technology, and they both intermingle in all aspects of everyday life. Another story I really have to write. These new bodies got me all fired up again for it, so I might just be getting back to it a lot more. I have some really rad stuff I have to finish and get up on here.

MerylAkiba wrote:I still have the Candy OE  figure that I wanted to customized. Its still in the corner inside its box. I should of bought the Rocketeer and Sunny.

Ah, jealous! Candy is the one that got away for me. Mostly I really wanted the head, although there was plenty of fun gear too. There was a lot great about the line, although as I said above, the bodies did not hold up well.

http://reverendspooky.com

mrhoss

I bought an S25B to try it out with Leia's Hot Toys Hoth jumpsuit.  The sleeves are a little long, but the overall fit isn't terrible.  Actually, I think it looks better than what my poor photography conveys.  Bobble head syndrome is definitely a bummer.

...and yes, Leia's jumpsuit has to be resewn  Cool .

tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B 43947525784_008c0d0a6c_z

tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B 43756841355_5ff1567b03

tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B 43947525694_008c0d0a6c

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think it actually looks great, MrHoss, perhaps largely because of the relatively puffy jumpsuit. Also, that it would have made things a lot easier for Leia and Han. Or perhaps a lot harder...

18tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B Empty Clothes sized for tbleague s26a Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:49 pm

Da_realcm

I need help I bought the new TBleague Asian s26a body I managed to use putty to hold and fill the inside of the peg for a superduck head and it looks good. But I find all the 1/6 sized clothes I have is too big. they fit real nice with my other phicen but not this one. Can I have any suggestions? Thank you

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Da_realcm wrote:I need help I bought the new TBleague Asian s26a body I managed to use putty to hold and fill the inside of the peg for a superduck head and it looks good. But I find all the 1/6 sized clothes I have is too big. they fit real nice with my other phicen but not this one. Can I have any suggestions? Thank you

Hi. I am sure others will come up with some helpful suggestions. You might want to look into Barbie clothes that look passably realistic -- they tend to be a bit on the tighter side, and this might work well with the smaller TBLeague bodies. There are also some kinds of slightly stretchy swimsuits/bikinis that will probably still work well enough for you (I used some of them in the photos above). Also, the kind of skirts that have a velcro closure that might allow you to close them a bit more tightly than usual. Finally, you can wait a bit until we see parted-out TBLeague boxed sets that used these smaller bodies or even third party clothing specially designed for them.

Da_realcm

Thank you for you're reply. I figured to find some Barbie clothing I managed to find a site that sells fairly realistic pieces but are expensive. for the time being I think you're right and I'll wait. It's a bit of a bummer, I do really like the size and look of the figure and can't wait to see what pieces tbleague comes out for it.

21tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B Empty Clothing for SB25 and SB27 Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:05 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
I recently made the decision to get back into collecting 1/6th figures for the first time since I was 12 in 1974. I ordered one of the new Phicen/TB League SB 25 figures from Urban Samurai and was very impressed with it, but unfortunately, it hadn't occurred to me that the clothing I'd ordered from Black Ops Toys was made for the larger dolls and wouldn't fit properly; especially the pants.

With a pair of scissors, needle and thread, I was able to modify these pants to fit better, albeit not perfectly. My question is, is anyone out there making clothing designed to fit these smaller framed TBLeague dolls, and how can we tell? It's well and dandy for Phicen to release figures in smaller sizes, but without the support for these; clothing and heads that are not outsize, what is the point?

22tbleague bodies - TBLeague Super Flexible Female Seamless Bodies S24A-S27B Empty Joint pin sizes Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:17 pm

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
I agree with you. It seems to make no sense whatsoever to have changed the sizes of the joint pins on the newer, smaller dolls. I'm sure that smaller heads could be made to accommodate the old ones. That's just stupid design if you ask me.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Da_realcm wrote:I need help I bought the new TBleague Asian s26a body I managed to use putty to hold and fill the inside of the peg for a superduck head and it looks good. But I find all the 1/6 sized clothes I have is too big. they fit real nice with my other phicen but not this one. Can I have any suggestions? Thank you

I have both all of the new (smaller) bodies, and the two smallest sizes (the S26A & S27B) are going to be even more problematic than the S24A & S25B (which are small in their own right). The only heads I found that work for the S24A & S24B are the new Elf-ear heads (which also come with normal ears), but they both require blu-tac in the neck to keep the head on the ball joint of the neck. They are also of a sufficiently small size to not look oversized on the body. The two S26A S27B -- I have two "Child" heads coming through eBay -- I'm hoping they work. These bodies, aside from the overly large boobs, are so tiny only "children's" clothes are going to be of use. I was really hoping to replace my Slave Leia with one of these bodies, as the height is much closer to Carrie Fisher, but the shoulders are ridiculously narrow. In order to represent a kid, the bust will have to be shaved down considerably. These could be ones that require either Barbie clothes (with modifications), or custom-made. You mentioned in another post that you found some expensive options out there. Please share where you found them, as sometimes going custom route can be just as expensive (if not more so) as paying for pre-made.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I think Reverend Spooky might be on to something about using Original Effect clothing -- if you can find any. Those figures are no longer being made (from the looks of it), and they are pretty expensive on the after-market.

Peaches

Peaches
I do have this outfit on my s24a body, and it fits nicely:
https://goo.gl/images/94RQdC

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum