OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Please help me find... (continuously updated)

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 40]

jaztermareal

also looking for the mask from the HT Kerberos Panzer Jager base (maybe helmet too) or the mask used on the actual figure

MerylAkiba

jaztermareal, they have the helmet loose:

http://toyanxiety.com/hot-toys/loose/tv-movies/kerberos/

Here is another Link

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Toys-Jinroh-Wolf-Brigade-kerberos-panzer-jager/202434306406?hash=item2f22066166:g:aGsAAOSwnnlbhokf

Blackopstoys of the mask

https://www.blackopstoys.com/products/jin-roh-oxygen-mask

jaztermareal

MerylAkiba wrote:jaztermareal, they have the helmet loose:

http://toyanxiety.com/hot-toys/loose/tv-movies/kerberos/

Here is another Link

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Toys-Jinroh-Wolf-Brigade-kerberos-panzer-jager/202434306406?hash=item2f22066166:g:aGsAAOSwnnlbhokf

Blackopstoys of the mask

https://www.blackopstoys.com/products/jin-roh-oxygen-mask

Thanks for the links Smile
The mask link is a different version (Stray Dog movie) so not the one I am after, as for the ebay link that is a full figure at a great price but obviously a lot of money to pay when just after the mask and seller doesn't seem to want to post outside of USA as the exclusion list is huge and includes whole of europe :s

The Toy Anxiety link is great as they have the stand with the mask and halmet attached but the shipping is just as much as the item so really pricey.

Great start though and thanks for taking the time to find the links Smile

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
PitViper wrote:For years CM Toys' "big beard" PMC head has been one of my Holy Grails. I couldn't buy one when they first sold and have scoured e-retailers & eBay forever trying to find one.

Check your private messages.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Oh wow, this kind of thread is like dream come true, it's worth joining this forum just to have a place to ask about stuff like this! Only wish I'd known of it sooner! :3

If no one minds, I'll launch right in.

Here's a wishlist of random items I'm currently on the lookout for:

Star Wars items:

- Padme Amidala's iconic blaster
(can be either Hasbro or Sideshow versions): I already own a couple of these, but since I like to create many different versions of this character, it's nice for each of them to have their own. The dolls and/or figures they come with are insanely overpriced (here in the UK, at least), so I realllly don't want to have to buy any others. Even just one more of these blasters would suffice at this point.

- a bald female headsculpt (for a custom Asajj Ventress): I'd be ok with one of the official Sideshow sculpts for this character, but would rather not buy the entire figure. I am willing to do so as a last resort, but thought I'd ask around on here first just in case. I keep looking for bald female heads that are actual semi realistic in both size and shape (rather than the Obitsu type ones), but I can't seem to find any. And I don't think Furiosa would work as even she has a bit of stubble (iirc??), , plus from what I can tell that head is a bit too small. There's also that god-awful old Sideshow Padme head that is totally bald, but again, would rather find something on its own. Needs to fit on, or be able to be modified to fit on, a VeryCool jointed body. I'm basically looking for something like that Lady Death headsculpt, but completely bald....

- the Sideshow Numa (little green twi'lek girl) figure (that came with the Waxer and Boil clones figures): this boxed set is so far out of my price range that there is no realistic chance of me purchasing the whole thing. However, I desperately want that Numa figure. Odd as it sounds, she's one of my 'grails' so to speak. I even thought of trying to re-create her, but the original is very unique (on an original body) and not easy to replicate. If ANYONE out there has one of these figures and would not mind parting with it, please PM me.

Non-SW items:

- ThreeZero's Sandor Clegane 'The Hound' helmet (and other accessories): yet again another situation where I would rather not have to buy the entire figure, as I'd only be using a few things from it.

- A large (male) headsculpt with NO neck, that would fit this upcoming Worldbox extra large 'ripped' body (33 cm tall), or another body of a similar height and stature:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/253779435519

To make matters even more specific, my ideal headsculpt for the above would look like a mix between the late, great Peter Steele and/or Clancy Brown as the Kurgan in the original Highlander movie, lol. I'm trying to create my dream version of one of my favourite book characters, and those guys are pretty much my headcanon for him. Said headsculpt would also need to either be mostly bald (to make room for rooting and/or wig) or have long black hair, and preferably clean-shaven or stubbly at most (to allow for modding/re-sculpting on the face),

This is the closest thing I could find so far, but trying to see if there is something similar that a) has no neck(as would be more versatile), and b) would be large enough in size for a very tall/muscular type of body:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-6-male-head-sculpt-Neck-soldier-head-H-for-hot-toys-COOMODEL-Worldbox-USA/273458862578

This is a fairly tall order, I know, and honestly I am prepared to either commission something or customize/create it myself, but just thought it was worth asking here in case there was something already out there that I was missing.

Thanks in advance for any advice or assistance. Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga, If you're in the UK, you might want to contact PeterthePainter (he's on this forum) through PM, and ask him about head sculpt commissions. The head sculpts you're looking for, he can recreate for you. He's a great guy, super fast, reasonably priced and in your neck of the woods (again, assuming you're in the UK).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 6 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thank you so much, that's very helpful!

And yes, I reside in the UK, though not originally from here (originally from the US), and thus I am not always familiar with who to go to for things like this, so the recommendation is appreciated. Smile

Peaches

Peaches
anyone seen a khaki or khaki-green jumper.  Looking for my future Kaylee Smile

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 6 67dbe4d5075b56331bf47487a819def1

I can take sleeves off, it has a zipper front and a fold down collar.  It's very plain with only the side breast pocket and side hip pockets.  I've found a good size teddy bear to put on it Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Peaches, how about these (made for a male body, but if you have sewing skills):

https://www.blackopstoys.com/products/seal-team-5-vbss-commander-nomex-flight-suit-w-rappelling-harness-1

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-Scale-US-Navy-Grim-Reapers-Fighter-Pilot-OD-Green-Nomex-Flight-Suit/391997613825?hash=item5b44e0e701:g:MewAAOSwRhFbxRmZ

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-Scale-Navy-Seal-Team-5-VBSS-Team-Leader-OD-Green-Nomex-Flight-Suit/352421421009?hash=item520df41fd1:g:PrQAAOSwfjVbxRlj

Here’s a female flight suit that could be dyed:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-Scale-Female-desert-flight-suit-from-BBI-TOYS/264097081560?hash=item3d7d69a8d8:g:hIQAAOSwImRaigLi

This one might be your best bet:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bodysuit-Badges-for-FLAGSET-FS-73006-Chinese-Air-Force-Female-Pilot-1-6-Scale/122945422893?hash=item1ca01e462d:g:-SgAAOSwM91ac1DG

Peaches

Peaches
Oh man, that last one is pretty perfect! But over $40 with the possibility of ruining the sleeves, let alone mess with such a perfect sewing job... Ugh! I don't sew tiny well! LOL. That's why I hesitate to to try, I know how much frustration I'll be going through! This would save me HOURS of pain!

Thanks for finding it, @Striker2011 ! I have looked but did not find that one! Now to save...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Peaches wrote:Oh man, that last one is pretty perfect!  But over $40 with the possibility of ruining the sleeves, let alone mess with such a perfect sewing job... Ugh!  I don't sew tiny well!  LOL.  That's why I hesitate to to try, I know how much frustration I'll be going through!  This would save me HOURS of pain!

Thanks for finding it, @Striker2011 !  I have looked but did not find that one!  Now to save...

Re: modifying the sleeves on something at this scale... I completely feel your pain! I prefer hand-sewing to machine sewing ANY day,and I am used to  hand-sewing from my reenactment and living history days. But of course, hand-stitches can look ridiculously out-of-scale. So, I have to be careful about where I use hand-sewing, hiding the stitches, etc.

That said, I have recently been examining some of the 'professional' 1/6 clothing on some of my figures, and considering that perhaps, in some instances, one does not have to actually *sew* these things. If all you're doing is just cutting off the sleeves and then hemming them at the armhole, for instance, I'm wondering if maybe some carefully-applied fabric glue might suffice?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I've used fabric glue on quite a few things; I'll hand sew only if it's absolutely necessary for the look I'm going for.

jaztermareal

jaztermareal
I am looking for the Hot Toys War Machine from Civil War for a decent price (not Ebay scalper prices) but having no luck so far (one guy was going to sell one to me for a little over £300 but backed out due to GF telling him no since it was a gift (apparrently). Anyone looking to sell theirs?????

Peaches

Peaches
Could you kitbash one together? They look so similar! Of course if it's a beloved version... Then you just got to keep checking all the auction and consignment sites ??

Thank you @Stryker2011 and @skywalkersaga, I really should have thought of that. No idea why I didn't!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Peaches: Sewing tiny can be a pain, but if you get yourself a lighted magnifying glass (on a free standing arm), or, if you wear glasses, a pair of clip on magnifying lenses, it can be done by hand (assuming you know how to do it. I’ve sewn lots of 1/6 scale items by hand — including a string bikini using real spandex; it takes a bit of doing with arthritic fingers, but I was able to hide the stitching pretty well. The reason I mention it, some fabric glues — depending on the thickness of the material — can, and will, leach thru and cause a wet-looking stain that doesn’t go away.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2011 wrote: The reason I mention it, some fabric glues — depending on the thickness of the material — can, and will, leach thru and cause a wet-looking stain that doesn’t go away.

That's definitely a good point to remember... which is probably why the fabric glue option is only viable for thicker fabrics or faux leather, etc. Either way though, if one is using the fabric glue, it's probably a good idea to do a 'spot-test' on an extra piece of fabric just in case...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Sorry to post twice in a row, but I recalled something else I’m looking for — I’m trying to find what I can only describe as ‘Wonder Woman’ style boots for a female character. Or a pair of ‘leg greaves’ (with armour up to and covering the knee) would probably suffice. Colour is not an issue as I will be painting it. I have tried looking for the actual Wonder Woman boots, but they are hard to find loose and keep getting snapped up before I can get them. I’m thinking there might be some tbleague figures that have this style of boot or something like it? Or another comic book movie character? While I’m perfectly capable of looking on eBay for such things myself and do NOT expect anyone to find stuff *for* me, I am not always familiar with *what* names or terms I should be entering to either narrow or widen my search , if that makes sense.

(If need be, I’m also willing to make them out of faux leather, but sometimes painted plastic is preferable when mimicking metal, etc. , so I thought I’d ask first.)

ETA: I’m also happy to use doll items (such as those Barbie versions of Wonder Woman, Hippolyta, etc) and ‘de-barbie-fy’ them, but my only hesitation is as to whether or not such things would fit 1/6 female action figure legs.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’ve seen them under “TBLeague armored boots”, “TBLeague shin guards”, “TBLeague calf armor”, and different variations using the words: shin, calf, armour/armor and boots

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ahh, thanks, Stryker!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Okay. To all the Star Wars geeks out there: Does anyone have a high-res photo of the background behind Jabba's throne (the barbecue pit and alcove under the arch), without all the extras in front of it? Was it available in any of the millions of Art, Blue Print, etc. books? I've been scouring the net, but unfortunately, all the set design photos I've seen have people (and big 'ol Jabba himself) sitting in front of it. I'm trying to get a clear shot without Jabba's throne in front of it -- if it even exists. Any help would be appreciated.

Something like this (only a straight-on view, and the real thing):

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 6 Img_0013

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm afraid I can't help, and you bring up a painful issue I have encountered often enough -- lack of clear unobstructed and high-definition shots of the desired background. I poked around the first time you mooted the idea, and again now (I even have the official SW set book, but the photos are relatively few and small, and not always informative). But nothing really useful came up. My recommendation would be that you play with the image above in a graphics program (or get someone knowledgeable like blackpool to do so for you). Stretching the image sideways, manipulating the colors, throwing in a few more imperfections, and perhaps overlaying some haze might give you just enough added realism for it to work. Another way to approximate this would be to get a really high-def image of Jabba on his throne with as much of the background showing as possible, then digitally removing whatever is in the way and replacing it, as best as one can, with cloned imagery from the background. The good news is that unless they are woefully pixelated, backgrounds can be less sharp than the figures you will place in the foreground -- arguably they are even better that way.

I did come across THIS website, which might give you some ideas, though not exactly what you were looking for. And HERE is another neat one.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks, Guv. I found that second link a while ago, but that first one I hadn’t seen.

It really is frustrating that when they make all these art books, design books, etc., they don’t spend more time getting all the minutiae that goes into set design, without being a hundred yards away with people milling around or cluttering up the photos. I’ve been trying to find good photos of the original Planet of the Apes sets for decades with no luck (the pictures are usually small, unable to see any details, or cluttered with people).

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I completely understand how frustrating it can be to get those kinds of screen-caps that are both the right shot and actually high enough resolution to work as printable backgrounds. If you guys ever find any good ones, let me know!

In lieu of that though, I'm wondering about the potential of turning to fan art and/or official art/illustration? Might be a long shot, and wouldn't necessarily help with the above-mentioned Jabba's Throne Room issue, but I'm just thinking for backgrounds in general. There is some seriously amazing Star Wars artwork out there. And if one is looking for a more realistic effect, there *are* many artists with more realistic styles (Brian Rood, Jerry Vanderstelt, Chris Trevas, etc). Considering that paintings were often used in the original films as backdrops in the first place... perhaps one could find something usable that way?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Funnily enough, skywalkersaga, I’ve been looking at that sort of thing, as well. We’ll see what happens, I guess.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Good luck searching, Stryker , I hope you find something useful!

And I couldn’t help but mention it — in addition to collecting SW figures, I also love collecting SW *art*, so I’ve always got it on my mind... ; )

Peaches

Peaches
@Stryker2011, thanks for the suggestion above for the coveralls on the FLAGSET Chinese Air Force female figure. I finally decided on the whole set hoping I could give the gun to Jayne, use the body, jumper and boots for the Kaylee I want to build and maybe I can find a home for the rest of it Smile still trying to choose the best head to represent her Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Glad I could help, Peaches. Hopefully it works out for you.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
This is the most ridiculous and seemingly obvious thing, and yet somehow I cannot seem to find one.... and that is....

.....a female belt with an attached gun holster (on the figure's right hand side). Just a very basic, simple one (or several), either in plastic or faux leather.  I have found tons that are meant for male figures, but then I'm always concerned that the gun holster would look too large. And when I do find gun holsters for female characters, they are either strangely constructed so they don't hang directly from the belt, or they are those 'leg holsters'. I'm hoping to find something that will fit, or which can be altered to fit, around a female character's waist. It doesn't have to be super 'accurate', detailed, or realistic, as it's based on animated version of a character. The closest extant one to what I'm looking for is the Sideshow 'Snow Bunny' Padme's belt and holster (for reference).

Alternatively, I can easily construct a basic belt out of faux leather, and I already have a couple side ammo pouch thingies that would work on it as well. But I'm  wondering if there is something out there that I'm just missing, so I can avoid having to make the holster itself. (I've just spent the last week making some faux leather gear for a different figure, and like an idiot I forgot to wear gloves so I'm still trying to get the superglue off my fingers. ;p )

I realize this is such a silly thing to be asking after, but I have honestly failed to find something suitable. Perhaps there's a tbleague type accessory that I'm overlooking?

If not, I'm prepared to make one, but I have so many other things still to construct, that I'm trying to minimize the work load for myself, even just a little. Razz

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
skywalkersaga, what type of rig exactly are you looking for? Here are a couple examples of ones that were made previously:

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 6 -2697410
Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 6 161ts010
Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 6 33021110
Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 6 Cowgir10
Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 6 Dam-gk10

The manufacturer name and some of the product names are in the photos. I'd Google the whole name and see if someone still has some loose.

Bear in mind. Guns don't change size just because of sex; at least they don't in real life. If you want your character to carry a specific gun, they should be the same size for either sex. No matter who you are, male or female, it's always best to get a firearm that you feel comfortable handling, and that will still get the job done -- whatever that may be. (The same thought process should be applied to your characters if you're aiming for a little more realism with your figures). A woman, for example, may not be able to handle a .44 Magnum, but a 9 mm Baretta might feel more comfortable -- smaller gun, smaller caliber -- a lot less recoil.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum