OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now) WIP

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Diana

You're so fast!! And this is coming along nicely! Definitely better with the wig.

And funny note about Sean bean. Laughing
But it just goes to show that he is the kind of actor who will always give a character enough weight for the death to have an impact, even when he is the bad guy. I love you

Ovy

Ah yes, Sharpe. There is someone who frequently recommends to watch it. The Underdog British Empire against the evil French. What would they be without their supersoldier who wins all their battles. Laughing

I really like your loops an buttons chest, I'd lose motivation to do that when just looking at the reference pic. And your painted them with a golden sharpie (haha) after attaching them and without gilding the shirt.

And I also like cheesy guitar riffs. For me some 90s nostalgia is easier to stomach than the omnipresent 80s that somehow never ended.

shovelchop81

skywalkersaga wrote:I for one LOVE the 'oddly out of place electric guitar' --- For me, that is a huge part of it's charm!!! Very Happy

But seriously, embrace the cheese, it's part of the fun. Wink

And back to the project, the way you fearlessly modify just about ANYTHING in pursuit of creating your figures is always so impressive. The creativity to think of scalping the gorilla for his hair! lol!

Thanks! It was more of an experiment than anything just for fun as he'll be posed wearing his helmet anyway so anything close to a likeness in hairstyle is a bonus! Wink

Diana wrote:You're so fast!! And this is coming along nicely! Definitely better with the wig.

And funny note about Sean bean. Laughing
But it just goes to show that he is the kind of actor who will always give a character enough weight for the death to have an impact, even when he is the bad guy. I love you

I love that you call it a wig! It does look a bit like one, I wonder if the actor was wearing one too? Yes Sean Bean has played some great characters.

Ovy wrote:Ah yes, Sharpe. There is someone who frequently recommends to watch it. The Underdog British Empire against the evil French. What would they be without their supersoldier who wins all their battles. Laughing

I really like your loops an buttons chest, I'd lose motivation to do that when just looking at the reference pic. And your painted them with a golden sharpie (haha) after attaching them and without gilding the shirt.

And I also like cheesy guitar riffs. For me some 90s nostalgia is easier to stomach than the omnipresent 80s that somehow never ended.

Well the 95th Rifles were more of a sneaky Special Forces group who took any advantage they could, like wearing green for a start! Not lining up on a battlefield to just be shot by cannons instead they would hide in the high ground and use their far more accurate weapons for sniping. They had to be 'Chosen Men' though, you couldn't just join them, a bit like the SAS or Navy SEAL's I guess. I can't take credit for all the lovely stitching, that was done by DID for their British Hussar figure called 'George' I just changed all the colours and I'm about to replace the fur too.

More messing around with the gorilla hair, not really styled, not sure this thick stuff can be at this length but I'll try..maybe. The helmet is actually mostly steel! I had assumed it was plastic since it's so light compared to my other metal one.

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 MCmbk50

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 CyKOyEU

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 7nDcqzm

USED HAIR I'D CUT OFF EARLIER TO FILL ANY BALD PATCHES (CHEAP ROOTED HAIR WIDELY SPACED) AND GAVE HIM SOME EARS AS I FIGURED HE'D NEED THEM.

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 Voc19NW

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 53WayOQ

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 OxxJlVZ

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 JiIyRGj

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 QWebsd4

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 SOAjqV3

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 6wYCLYI

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 HRE4GD7

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 XIgPzHP

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 Ac9gzgZ

SOME WEIRD OLD SOCKS, TIPS LOOK LIKE SHORT GREY FUR TO ME LOL.

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 TaEGKiM

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 0ZDrv2N

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 Wc06EeY

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 QPxSP4b

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 ILVnoJz

MIGHT WORK FOR THE PATTERNS ON HIS THIGHS?

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 HPGUhwh

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 Z1c1x6V

GOLD...

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 5OkLFaD

BIT OF A MESS BUT SOMEWHERE IN THE BALLPARK LOL..

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 IzF1UMI

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 5kluNHr

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 TgW99Of

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 IxwbHzE

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 T3ECgGc

STRAYS ALL OVER THE PLACE LOL

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 0djNjkE

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 6OXtvwz

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 1is5sWz

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 Bn8IgpZ

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 VCnnya5

Stryker2012

Founding Father
Looks pretty good. It’s always funny to see how wild the hair looks when first starting, but it turned out good. And good work on the outfit and hat.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
For a scalped gorilla, that hair worked out fairly well. Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 1f605 I guess it doesn't have to be a fancy rehairing job if it's going to be mostly under a helmet.

That being said, have you tried your hand at tibetan lamb hair re-hairing? Not for this figure, I'm just thinking in general. Maybe you already have done that for previous projects, but I feel like you'd be good at it! Smile

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2012 wrote:Looks pretty good. It’s always funny to see how wild the hair looks when first starting, but it turned out good. And good work on the outfit and hat.

skywalkersaga wrote:For a scalped gorilla, that hair worked out fairly well.  Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 1f605  I guess it doesn't have to be a fancy rehairing job if it's going to be mostly under a helmet.

That being said, have you tried your hand at tibetan lamb hair re-hairing? Not for this figure, I'm just thinking in general. Maybe you already have done that for previous projects, but I feel like you'd be good at it! Smile

Cheers! I've done hundreds of 'real hair' scratch builds, where I take loose hair and glue the strands on a few at a time generally using either real hair, acrylic hair, fake fur or real fur. Probably done some lambs wool along the way, I remember I asked a farmer on Andros for some but got impatient and used cotton wool instead with PVA, I was on a Greek island working with what I could find in the wild to finish building my Samurai Predator. This lambs wool thing seems to have become popular recently with the releases/announcements of the lambswool hair Jokers by In Art and HT.

anyway, just woke up and did some quick mods before my coffee or smoke, they seem to help. I think the sculpt is too aquiline and looks a bit like a young Charlie Sheen. I'll give him thicker fur sideburns/mutton chops later, he definitely needs those. Added sharpie copper to the hair, did some final trimming and detailed bits of the face but could use more work on the face.

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 JbKP1G5

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 57vUdpK

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 TgW99Of

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 5kluNHr

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 IxwbHzE

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 Uthcwq3

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 QVxyf3j

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 MaH8CLJ

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 F5lN8Vq

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 BJ2KDls

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 MJRYHqg

IGNORE THE SLOPPY TACHE FOR NOW, WILL BE FIXED.

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 PJbV751

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 1oc1f0p

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 ZoDzloF

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 9rnbnVy

PROBABLY OVERDID THE NUMBER OF PICS AS USUAL!LOL.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I was wondering about that gorilla hair, but it worked out in the end, as usual. Very well indeed. And now you've got me watching the show too. Poor Sharpe constantly pitted against not only revolutionary French, but also constant incompetence and snobbery on his own side.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
That turned out really cool. Nice work on the real hair.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 1f10

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:I was wondering about that gorilla hair, but it worked out in the end, as usual. Very well indeed. And now you've got me watching the show too. Poor Sharpe constantly pitted against not only revolutionary French, but also constant incompetence and snobbery on his own side.

Cheers GTF! Glad you're giving it a go too, the show that is, not gorilla hair lol. You'll meet a Southern Gentleman called Colonel Leroy who befriends Sharpe and has the same opinion about the snobbery and incompetence of the British senior officers. Oddly enough he was from Boston in the books but making him Virginian for the TV show added a new dimension to his character because even though he is very likable, you remember where he's from with him saying "slaves, tobacco, cotton and molasses" being the best ways to get rich.

Stryker2012 wrote:That turned out really cool. Nice work on the real hair.

Cheers still got the mutton chops and tache to do. I just noticed his neck's too long as well! Fixing that will help get rid of the aqueline look making him more 'bullish' like the actor Timothy Cotton.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
The close up photos look awesome! I love how he turned out! Smile

I figured you'd done the 'gluing on the hair' thing given how many builds you've completed over the years!

Re: the tibetan lamb hair, maybe it's become more popular recently, but it's been my go-to material since I first encountered it when I got into the hobby about 5 years ago. I've seen some spectacular results from professional 1/6 artists tibetan lamb's wool, and I know Ephiane, Ovy, GF, and Valiarde all use it to great effect as well. But it's a fiddly process, so it can sometimes be a relief to find an alternative method for hair that doesn't involve all the cutting and glueing. ;p

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
skywalkersaga wrote:The close up photos look awesome! I love how he turned out! Smile

I figured you'd done the 'gluing on the hair' thing given how many builds you've completed over the years!

Re: the tibetan lamb hair, maybe it's become more popular recently, but it's been my go-to material since I first encountered it when I got into the hobby about 5 years ago. I've seen some spectacular results from professional 1/6 artists tibetan lamb's wool, and I know Ephiane, Ovy, GF, and Valiarde all use it to great effect as well. But it's a fiddly process, so it can sometimes be a relief to find an alternative method for hair that doesn't involve all the cutting and glueing. ;p

I tend to use whatever is laying around lol! Unless I need a particular type of fur or something like for this build.

Talking of which... I've been 'furing' everything in sight it seems this morning! Wink  Gave him fur mutton chops and taches, a gap for his scar is on purpose. I made his helmet plume of the wolf fur with head and 3 tails (distinguishes him as the Brigadier General) from behind I'm guessing, it's screen accurate anyway! I then did all the fur for his coat which involved a lot of trimming, might need a bit more and wires put into it to shape it better over his shoulder, I'll redo the gold and attach it's carry strap too. Also shortened his neck to make him more bullish.

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 FVbxRfG

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 XwaOOwT

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 6ZhsRVH

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 Ro4HmlB

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 QKhD5k9

SAVED FOR AN ORC BUILD PROBABLY

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 9CKavU2

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 79MppFl

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 V14gDSs

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 UGCBaUJ

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 D8ll55e

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 J1UmoLY

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 AXhfkVa

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 Vx9uYzA

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 DYiThwe

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 AV3aG11

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 Nnpd8Zc

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 W1o4juj

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 W19W8Nj

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 DJbDbQx

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 MKFfnfi

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 7bQONwJ

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 ZuiUqKL

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 KgC8604

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 V5uKfWU

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 NaZPtCx

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 NGaj7l6

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 J41GdxW

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 HHvNUO6

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 FzRwE3b

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 VnnBCRf

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 J2gbfH4

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 Jo2fidp

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 Sbpn0xj

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 CchfylJ

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 ZtrOO3R

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 W3LJg66

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 Ut9aPKC

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 0nSG21B

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 ZTzg5k4

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 QPOoo8P

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 LG3ICt0

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 Ufh1zqp

POST TRIMMING

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 FYf7F2K

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 T3iFYps

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 QJsZD8J

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 Zsactyy

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 XJwbxri

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 X0Chgge

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 QaRodfa

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 0HRn5Se

PART REMOVED

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 XFIs7Q1

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 8ycHSdF

BEEN WORKING ON THIS SINCE 2AM, IT'S NOW NEARLY 11AM, NO WONDER I'M YAWNING! LOL.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow that is some intense work! It's turning out great!

Now get some sleep.... Razz

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
That is indeed a ton of fur. But it is coming along nicely. The wolf is charming. And your work on the facial hair is a great improvement.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
skywalkersaga wrote:Wow that is some intense work! It's turning out great!

Now get some sleep.... Razz

Cheers! Done the sleep thing too now lol.

GubernatorFan wrote:That is indeed a ton of fur. But it is coming along nicely. The wolf is charming. And your work on the facial hair is a great improvement.

Thanks! Should be a lot better with the face now, been working on it under a magnifying glass which helps especially with today's cameras! Done a bunch more trimming on the coat fur, plan to do the same to the helmet plume later. Oh, looks better with the shorter neck now.

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 6MzJfl7

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 S60hYHo

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 Cq2ZtTd

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 HAPVVSa

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 Ju1SfIa

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 MN4DMiz

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 T0jb9Fv

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 B5MaRbO

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 BatoU2a

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 XDzHhWN

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 ItCLnlB

SEEN A COUPLE OF THINGS ON THE FACE I OVERLOOKED BUT IT'S ALWAYS THE WAY WITH PICS! THEY'RE LIKE AN EDITING/PROOFREADING TOOL FOR BUILDS! LOL.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Your painstaking mods have already made a ton of difference for the better. What an improvement! And does justice to your source. If I recall from just a few nights ago, the blind eye could be a little bit more whitish. I don't remember this detail precisely, but the nose-side edge of the left (camera right) eyebrow might need to be a tad fuller (unless this is sparse due to scarring).

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Wow. Pretty cool. The work on that head sculpt really paid off. And the jacket is looking awesome.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 1f10

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
GubernatorFan wrote:Your painstaking mods have already made a ton of difference for the better. What an improvement! And does justice to your source. If I recall from just a few nights ago, the blind eye could be a little bit more whitish. I don't remember this detail precisely, but the nose-side edge of the left (camera right) eyebrow might need to be a tad fuller (unless this is sparse due to scarring).

Cheers! Correct on both counts! I need to fix the colouring inside his nostrils too.

Stryker2012 wrote:Wow. Pretty cool. The work on that head sculpt really paid off. And the jacket is looking awesome.

Thank you Stryker! We're getting there.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Trying to make sense of his long cloak, not a lot to go on but you can see it in the pics and even better in the video when he's riding away but you'll need to scroll back to watch that, too tired to repost it now. Found pics showing a sort of similar cloak idea for Napoleonic soldiers so I based it off what the call a bivouac cloak.
Did a bit more work on his face, not the white eye yet, also trimmed the helmet fur plume and attached his straight sabre that is full metal and 'engraved'. Cloak not finished yet.

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 UXnR4OG

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 UkJvmZL

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 3tRmj92

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 QOidX6F

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 VM6UQlY

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 U6HeOlx

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 TpXP5II

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 C8qrEuc

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 Zk0aOf6

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 VGeSlXD

OLD BOXERS LOL.

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 11EF7qj

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 JSXuG74

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 YU3Pcst

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 Hi2e7pa

NOT ATTACHED YET

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 DMuEERI

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 8MHIbKq

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 KUU1QAp

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 81FFzLc

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 J2ooPB9

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 P0wExPf

WAITING ONNN MORE BISON GLUE NOW...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Coming along very nicely, he looks resplendent in that cloak.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Resplendent is a good word. Nice work, Alex.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Cheers! Starting to look like plushy! LOL.

Done some grey leather work for his belts, started trouser decorations, got medal stuff to make and redid the gold on his coat plus more bits and bobs..

PVA SUCKS!

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 YwfIOPh

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 S0R7jqD

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 Fe8F2Oz

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 SZl7Psu

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 0m4jGxm

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 XIOrsH3

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 QfwDh0q

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 HHfsNU9

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 FnjfUcp

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 TZFg2sF

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 MB4IxuF

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 Mydlhr6

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 8TrOHL6

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 CIlb7X8

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 WHqNmut

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 M5YdjK6

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 G7dBsBs

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
NICE. That is looking so cool.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
That you took on something so elaborate in the first place -- yet again -- is most impressive -- yet again. And I have no doubt that you shall conquer -- yet again. Smile

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2012 wrote:NICE. That is looking so cool.

Thank you stryker!

GubernatorFan wrote:That you took on something so elaborate in the first place -- yet again -- is most impressive -- yet again. And I have no doubt that you shall conquer -- yet again. Smile

Cheers GTF! This was supposed to be a simple quick build...yet again it turned into a bit more lol!

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Brother, ALL your builds turn into a LOT more — which is awesome and fun to observe.

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Stryker2012 wrote:NICE. That is looking so cool.

LO, seems to be the case 90% of the time! The glue finally arrived but so did a 1/1 full steel & brass Iron Man helmet and a replica SCAR-SC that both need work so my loyalties to projects are divided right now... Rolling Eyes

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ah... the distraction of multiple projects at the same time ... not to mention real life distractions ... or feline predators on the prowl!

shovelchop81

shovelchop81
Well back on it now, done the cloak with tassels attachment, tassels on boots, brocade decoration patterns on trousers (made from Hasbro Slave Leia's soft boots), started work on his light cavalry sabre, the one I have is period correct and for French light cavalry but so his is just a different design used at the same time. Weird how the hilts are so straight on the French sabres, must have influenced the American ones too as I always thought they look weird too! I guess it's because I grew up around British centric and eastern European centric influences that both use very curved hilts on their sabres. I'm also ready to do his medals now after finally working out what they are (I think lol). Pretty high honours stuff! The Legionnaires' Medal Of Honour and Medal Of Military Merit.

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 8YG5hKs

REFERENCES

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 ZbxdLeR

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 CvI3lZz

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 QcOK62T

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 QOidX6F

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 MaeIQ3A

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 NiXlEtH

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 FFrLLr3

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 NrJTEmK

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 LK3oW7c

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 UOwok8E

MODDING HILT

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 RjBO78w

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 4pW1kwz

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 3IWna2Y

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 7muSpkq

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 LneG5hC

Sharpe's Loup and Captain Frederickson, Major Sharpe (modded), Sergeant Harper mods (done for now)  WIP - Page 2 7bElTlw

STILL NEED TO BUILD KNUCKLE GUARD ETC..

OKAY DELETED HALF THE PICS INCLUDING ALL THE REFERENCE PICS AND IT'S STILL NOT LOADING THEM AND DOING THE CAPTCHA THING...I GIVE UP..

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice work. I'm sure you'll get there. The photos do display in the recently shared images at the bottom of the main forum page, I still don't know what's going on here, though I suspect the sheer number of imgur images in one post is probably at the root of it. Usually in instances like this leaving the tab open for a good while eventually allows the images to load correctly; or it might fix itself in a few hours. But there may be more to it in this instance.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum