OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Magnetic Backdrop System (update jan 13th)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Diana

That rain scene looks fantastic! Great posing. Very... easy to empathise. Brrrr. Laughing

teamweapon

this is such a cool and VERY effective way to utilise space!
and with that comes some great looking pics!
NICE Smile

Ephiane

Fantastic pictures again, Al. The shop window is really deep. I could swear all the backgrounds were real. Thanks for the look behind the scenes. I've seen pictures of elegant ladies with purebred dogs in art galleries, I think they're very stylish. My favorite is Audrey Hepburn

ElBundy

Pictures at the wall are also fixed with magnets.

Magnetic Backdrop System (update jan 13th) - Page 2 53449065258_0dff92d412_c Magnetic Backdrop System (update jan 13th) - Page 2 53446771388_2994a3fd00_c

Magnetic Backdrop System (update jan 13th) - Page 2 53449259164_db2c090743_c

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Beautiful new shots.

31Magnetic Backdrop System (update jan 13th) - Page 2 Empty Magnetic surface for background Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:14 pm

craftsrmyluvlanguage

What a great, versatile way to stage scenes! Instead of a board, have you thought about using a magnetic crafting surface instead? I use the magnetic surface below as a gluing jig, and to straighten warped parts. That could cut down on the number of magnets you need.

Magnetic Backdrop System (update jan 13th) - Page 2 8KXbRjK

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I would be worried about using this around my computer and, looking at ElBundy's set up, so might he. I already have second thoughts about it with just paired strong magnets in the vicinity, which (among other reasons) has led me to cut down on this type of display, which I used to resort to very regularly.

33Magnetic Backdrop System (update jan 13th) - Page 2 Empty Re: Magnetic surface for background Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:30 pm

craftsrmyluvlanguage

GubernatorFan wrote:I would be worried about using this around my computer and, looking at ElBundy's set up, so might he. I already have second thoughts about it with just paired strong magnets in the vicinity, which (among other reasons) has led me to cut down on this type of display, which I used to resort to very regularly.

That is a valid concern. To clarify, the surface itself is not a real magnet. It's made of steel or a similar metal that attracts magnets. I've used it to measure stuff near my laptop without a problem, but I store the actual magnets away from my desk.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
craftsrmyluvlanguage wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:I would be worried about using this around my computer and, looking at ElBundy's set up, so might he. I already have second thoughts about it with just paired strong magnets in the vicinity, which (among other reasons) has led me to cut down on this type of display, which I used to resort to very regularly.

That is a valid concern. To clarify, the surface itself is not a real magnet. It's made of steel or a similar metal that attracts magnets. I've used it to measure stuff near my laptop without a problem, but I store the actual magnets away from my desk.
Oh, that does change things. I was wondering about that, but since you said magnetic surface... Smile Also, keep magnets away from your wallet, or wherever your credit cards happen to be.
Come to think of it, most of my work with magnetically-attached backdrops was back when I had a different work area away from my computer. These days I usually stage things at my desk, but there's electronics everywhere...
Here's an example, with links to more.

35Magnetic Backdrop System (update jan 13th) - Page 2 Empty shopping is fun Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:34 pm

ElBundy

ElBundy
Another very realistic-looking backdrop in my opinion

Magnetic Backdrop System (update jan 13th) - Page 2 53461143676_194abd2870_c Magnetic Backdrop System (update jan 13th) - Page 2 53461275668_bf959a42fc_c

Magnetic Backdrop System (update jan 13th) - Page 2 53461143916_31ca165b08_c Magnetic Backdrop System (update jan 13th) - Page 2 53460234562_900944efa1_c

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
That’s great. I like that the window has the reflection of the buildings across the street. A neat trick would be to Photoshop in the reflection of the backs of your figures.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Magnetic Backdrop System (update jan 13th) - Page 2 1f10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I also love how realistic that background looks. And, something I haven't done much of myself, the depth of the display (sorry if I'm mentioning it again). Nice scene again, but although it is not necessarily impossible, he looks tiny compared to her.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Well done! very clever.

Diana

Diana
Looks amazing! And I kinda like that he is so short. Makes for a bit of realism and variety. And it tells a whole story!

40Magnetic Backdrop System (update jan 13th) - Page 2 Empty Shopping is fun - part 2 Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:42 am

ElBundy

ElBundy
Magnetic Backdrop System (update jan 13th) - Page 2 53463164386_ea1625e8b6_c Magnetic Backdrop System (update jan 13th) - Page 2 53463586960_6a8275cd27_c

Magnetic Backdrop System (update jan 13th) - Page 2 53463165786_e5061cb4cd_c Magnetic Backdrop System (update jan 13th) - Page 2 53463335773_7eb086e4fc_c

craftsrmyluvlanguage

Hah. The dark-haired dude’s furrowed brow works so well for this scene. It looks like he’s scrunching his brow in consternation as he wonders how many more shops she’ll drag him to 😂

craftsrmyluvlanguage

What is the floor made out of? I love the glossy sheen.

ElBundy

ElBundy
craftsrmyluvlanguage wrote:What is the floor made out of? I love the glossy sheen.
It is a photo printed in 60x60 cm poster size - as all the backdrops.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Great scene. Both of these guys look fed up having to be Sherpas for these ladies.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Magnetic Backdrop System (update jan 13th) - Page 2 1f10

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
It doesn't look like the baggagecarriers are enjoying themselces very much Laughing

The backdrop is excellent!

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
I like the storefront one's the best, I don't think that's something that could be easily replicated in a more physical way. They really look very lively.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Magnetic Backdrop System (update jan 13th) - Page 2 1f60e

ElBundy

ElBundy
Magnetic Backdrop System (update jan 13th) - Page 2 53476787806_2ed64ed130_c Magnetic Backdrop System (update jan 13th) - Page 2 53476930103_9a2f70e40c_c

Magnetic Backdrop System (update jan 13th) - Page 2 53477202550_aa181c33ea_c Magnetic Backdrop System (update jan 13th) - Page 2 53476930083_719935bfd4_c

Magnetic Backdrop System (update jan 13th) - Page 2 53475882727_c2aeef629a_c Magnetic Backdrop System (update jan 13th) - Page 2 53477103919_2973525954_c

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Beautiful, although the loser's details are almost completely obscured by the lighting set up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum