OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Medieval stocks...a hack job

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

21Medieval stocks...a hack job - Page 2 Empty Re: Medieval stocks...a hack job Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:09 pm

Lynkhart

Oooh that’s cool! I think you need some tomato juice stains though. XD

http://lastalliancestudios.blogspot.co.uk

22Medieval stocks...a hack job - Page 2 Empty Re: Medieval stocks...a hack job Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:15 pm

Pontiacivan

The weathering is pretty cool and makes it looks gruesome. You definitely need to do a guilotine next!
Shazzdan: your brother should have appealed to the principal or someone about the realism of his project. He didn't invent the guiotine and they teach about it in school so basically, WTF?

23Medieval stocks...a hack job - Page 2 Empty Re: Medieval stocks...a hack job Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:37 pm

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Very cool work, Razz. And welcome aboard.

24Medieval stocks...a hack job - Page 2 Empty Re: Medieval stocks...a hack job Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:56 pm

dadrab

That's one helluva good looking "hack job."

Great idea, too. Makes me wish I'd had it...

25Medieval stocks...a hack job - Page 2 Empty Re: Medieval stocks...a hack job Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:56 am

Mr. Razz

Mr. Razz
ReverendSpooky wrote:Your stocks are cool as hell!  Really look great.  And nice seeing another 3A fan!

Thanks, Reverend! I tend to make props that interest me at that moment. That's the great thing about "The Thriax" (basically 3 dimensions and a mysterious 4th dimension), I can make whatever I want and it will fit somewhere in my storyline...And yeah, it's cool to meet another 3A fan...we should make a 3A thread...lol

Lynkhart wrote:Oooh that’s cool! I think you need some tomato juice stains though. XD

Thank You, Lynkhart...hmmm, tomato juice stains? A very good idea but I like realism. Maybe I'll punch the neighbor in the mouth to get some "donation" weathering paint...LOL... Twisted Evil

Pontiacivan wrote:The weathering is pretty cool and makes it looks gruesome. You definitely need to do a guilotine next!

Thanks, Ponti! A guillotine is on my list but I'm thinking about a Spanish Donkey (or horse) first...muahahahahaha

Stryker2011 wrote:Very cool work, Razz. And welcome aboard.

Thanks Stryker, appreciate it!

dadrab wrote:That's one helluva good looking "hack job."

Great idea, too. Makes me wish I'd had it...

Thanks dadrab...it wasn't really my idea...it was invented LONG before I was... Cool ...I just got click happy on youtube and saw a video, then off I went...

26Medieval stocks...a hack job - Page 2 Empty Re: Medieval stocks...a hack job Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:23 am

shazzdan

shazzdan
Mr. Razz wrote:Thank You, Lynkhart...hmmm, tomato juice stains? A very good idea but I like realism. Maybe I'll punch the neighbor in the mouth to get some "donation" weathering paint...LOL... Twisted Evil

I think the reference was to the rotten fruit that was thrown at people while in the stocks. I initially thought that tomatoes were anachronistic because they didn't appear in Europe until the mid 16th century but apparently the stocks never saw widespread use until earlier in that same century so you would definitely expect to see tomatoes being thrown at stocks prisoners.

27Medieval stocks...a hack job - Page 2 Empty Re: Medieval stocks...a hack job Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:47 pm

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
Yeah, I was referring to people being pelted with rotten fruit and veggies!

(Not quote as anachronistically cringey as the use of watermelons in the film Dragonheart...which is supposed to be taking place in early medieval Europe! XD)

28Medieval stocks...a hack job - Page 2 Empty Re: Medieval stocks...a hack job Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:17 pm

Mr. Razz

Mr. Razz
shazzdan wrote:
Mr. Razz wrote:Thank You, Lynkhart...hmmm, tomato juice stains? A very good idea but I like realism. Maybe I'll punch the neighbor in the mouth to get some "donation" weathering paint...LOL... Twisted Evil

I think the reference was to the rotten fruit that was thrown at people while in the stocks. I initially thought that tomatoes were anachronistic because they didn't appear in Europe until the mid 16th century but apparently the stocks never saw widespread use until earlier in that same century so you would definitely expect to see tomatoes being thrown at stocks prisoners.

Lynkhart wrote:Yeah, I was referring to people being pelted with rotten fruit and veggies!

(Not quote as anachronistically cringey as the use of watermelons in the film Dragonheart...which is supposed to be taking place in early medieval Europe! XD)

Yea, I kind of figured that. I just don't like the neighbor very much and any excuse is a good excuse... Cool

29Medieval stocks...a hack job - Page 2 Empty Re: Medieval stocks...a hack job Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:15 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane

Great Idea ! Good chance to use the phichen seamless bodys Laughing

30Medieval stocks...a hack job - Page 2 Empty Re: Medieval stocks...a hack job Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:33 am

Mr. Razz

Mr. Razz
Ephiane wrote:

Great Idea ! Good chance to use the phichen seamless bodys Laughing

Thanks for sharing that, Ephiane...lol...hadn't thought about Monty Python in a long time...funny tho, every time someone mentions "stoning" I always think of Cheech and Chong...

31Medieval stocks...a hack job - Page 2 Empty Re: Medieval stocks...a hack job Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:07 am

ReverendSpooky

ReverendSpooky
Mr. Razz wrote:
ReverendSpooky wrote:Your stocks are cool as hell!  Really look great.  And nice seeing another 3A fan!

Thanks, Reverend! I tend to make props that interest me at that moment. That's the great thing about "The Thriax" (basically 3 dimensions and a mysterious 4th dimension), I can make whatever I want and it will fit somewhere in my storyline...And yeah, it's cool to meet another 3A fan...we should make a 3A thread...lol

Posting photos of THreeA figures we love while talking trash about ThreeA as a company?! I'm in! (And based on your comments in the props thread, I think you are too)

http://reverendspooky.com

32Medieval stocks...a hack job - Page 2 Empty Re: Medieval stocks...a hack job Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:24 am

Mr. Razz

Mr. Razz
ReverendSpooky wrote:
Mr. Razz wrote:

Posting photos of THreeA figures we love while talking trash about ThreeA as a company?!  I'm in! (And based on your comments in the props thread, I think you are too)

Oh, I'm in but we may need to convince admins to dedicate a whole separate section to 3A...LOL...especially if other 3A fans are here or come here...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum