OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Diana

shazzdan wrote:
Diana wrote:The rest is a piece of cake. Especially with the included instructions. Smile

Instructions? In English?
Yes. With pictures. Smile

shazzdan

Diana wrote:
shazzdan wrote:
Diana wrote:The rest is a piece of cake. Especially with the included instructions. Smile

Nope nope nope. Don't believe it.

https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/OneSixthArsenal

Diana

shazzdan wrote:
Diana wrote:
shazzdan wrote:

Nope nope nope. Don't believe it.
It's as unbelievable as adding a tool for the eyes. Laughing

Not that you need either.

It really is a great release.

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Pop Toys has always made some great items. Interesting that they pretty much mastered the craft making men’s suits in 1/6th, and then moved on to full figures.

csyeung

csyeung
Aweome looking pictures Diana!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Well, my experience with these figures was an exercise in frustration. I must have gotten the ones that were so poorly handled by the packers, that I struggled with so many things. First, the number of A2025 batteries required to turn on the base of the banner was incorrectly stated by Giantoy (they said 2, but it actually requires 3), so I after running errands this morning and thinking I had enough batteries to light up everything, imagine my disappointment when I couldn't at least try out the base. Second, So many things on the helmets for this figures is an absolute nightmare. Mostly on the "darker" version. The front piece broke off, and the two chains on the right were so tangled and delicate that I ended up spending 45 minutes (with my wife's help) getting them untangled. One of the chains on the "lighter" helmet broke and had to reattached (Wow! was that fun!). I couldn't for the life of me get the mask on the darker version to sit right with the helmet on -- maybe by that point I was too impatient. The skull on the banner broke off from it's lower jaw when I attempted to put the batteries in. Glue and swearing ensued during all of this. Couldn't get the figures to stand for any length of time in poses that made me happy, so I had to settle for what I did (and they still required freaking stands). They didn't actually include "cup holding" hands, which is another frustration. Overall, I'm happy to have them, I just wish mine were easier to work with.

New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 6 16181511
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 6 16200111

Here's some pics that I took. I wish I had some cool backgrounds or the ability to show off the figures better, but oh well.

New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 6 _dsc3555
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 6 _dsc3553
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 6 _dsc3554
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 6 _dsc3558
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 6 _dsc3556
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 6 _dsc3557

He who dies with the most toys wins!

New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 6 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Sorry it was such a hectic experience, Mark. You still got them done in the end, and all kitted up. Light up function and all. And some cool light color too. Given the problems getting them to stand, are you thinking of customizing them with a bodyswap or more?

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Actually, the bodies are fine. They are TBLeague, and the feet are tight as hell. Had to use a hair dryer to soften them up just to take them off to be able to kit them out. The problem is more trying to get them in stances where the legs aren't spread out like "men" -- top heavy, and balance is super difficult. As it is, even with legs spread out they are still leaning against stands. They come with stands, but they are super ugly with plain, but fairly big, bases -- nothing I really want to, unless I modify them to include some sort of "landscaping".

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2011 wrote:Actually, the bodies are fine. They are TBLeague, and the feet are tight as hell. Had to use a hair dryer to soften them up just to take them off to be able to kit them out. The problem is more trying to get them in stances where the legs aren't spread out like "men" -- top heavy, and balance is super difficult. As it is, even with legs spread out they are still leaning against stands. They come with stands, but they are super ugly with plain, but fairly big, bases -- nothing I really want to, unless I modify them to include some sort of "landscaping".

I see. Did you try the making the feet point inward trick? Although, yes, with so much headgear (which is probably the coolest part), they would be top-heavy no matter what.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Interestingly, the "capes" are a bit cumbersome once on the figures (along with the head-dresses), and both staffs are really heavy. The long staff actually feels like it's painted metal it's so heavy. I tried numerous feet positions to no avail -- at least not for any length of time. They could stand for brief moments, but then topple over and cause all sort of issues with those damn dangly chains on the head gear. Grrr! (I'm thinking of losing the capes just to see if losing some of the weight will make them stand better.) But, it's not something I feel like trying at the moment -- still waiting for the damn glue to dry fully before messing with these more.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Understandable. Good luck.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Stryker2011 wrote:Well, my experience with these figures was an exercise in frustration. I must have gotten the ones that were so poorly handled by the packers, that I struggled with so many things.

Sorry, those were obviously supposed to be mine. There must have been a mixup of some sort at Giantoy.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Yeah I can feel you here - especially with the chains (my head gear also came with them all over the place and one teared) and the staff is too heavy. The shoulder armor is also a bit annyoing to keep in place if you move the arms around.
So all in all they look pretty but are not easy to pose.

brassco

brassco
mine is also not without problems.
1) the chains and rings are out of place, adhered wrongly
2) wrong hair
3) one of the tooth earpiece fell off

i am beginning to like the led staff already...still didn't cave in, as real estate is the real issue !

csyeung

csyeung
Ack sorry to hear you guys are having problems with the figures out of the box. The pics still look really cool though, Mark.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
On the one hand it is perhaps not surprising that something this complex is likely to be fragile or require fixing; on the other, sheesh...

Diana

Diana
Actually, the front decor of the head gear broke off for me, too, but that was my fault, so I didn't mention it. It stays put as long as I don't touch it. I'll eventually glue it of course. I didn't read the instructions and tried to push the mask under the head gear, when I should have placed the mask first, and then the head gear on top, which admittedly makes sense.
I didn't bother with the mask in the end, since I want to see that face!

The chains were also tangled. Not sure that can be avoided. I took it as a zen exercise. Smile

And while I didn't have any problems finding nice poses and getting her to stand, I didn't dare leaving them unsupported. But the cape and the "skirt" hide the stand extremely well, so this is one of the few figures that I don't mind displaying with stand.

Just to not make it look like I got lucky on these things. Laughing

brassco, I feel you on the hair issue. You could probably straighten it, but you shouldn't have to, and to me that's a big part of the aesthetic.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
How on Earth have I not had any issues with my Witch Hunters when I’m the forum’s poster boy for having issues with 1:6 figures?!? I’m starting to think I somehow landed on Bizarro World…and I kind of like it here! Razz

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It's some sort of dark magic, guys. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I “straightened” the hair on both of mine fairly easily (more like taming it a bit more) — I ran both scalp pieces — just the majority of the hair, not the entire thing — under some water, squeezed the excess as much as possible, and just ran my fingers through the hair a bit.

Diana

Diana
I've started playing with backgrounds. This was fun! Hopefully I'll soon have enough to start my own "random pics" thread. Smile

New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 6 Img_3012
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 6 Img_3011
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 6 Img_3010
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 6 Img_3013

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Great! Wonderful photos! I like the last photo the most, as I captures the twilight mood of the forest.

davidd

davidd
Marvelously detailed figure which you've assembled very nicely, D.! Love the lighting effects, and the seamless integration of the figure with the backgrounds!

Valiarde

Valiarde
Hah, there she is!
I tthink she looks a bit bored tbf Razz  Maybe it is some meditative thing for her htough

I like the backdrops you used here, they work wonderfully. First pic is cool with the blurred skull in the foreground.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Beautiful photos, Diana!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice moody photos, Diana. Like the different color schemes.

Diana

Diana
Valiarde wrote:Hah, there she is!
I tthink she looks a bit bored tbf Razz  Maybe it is some meditative thing for her htough

I like the backdrops you used here, they work wonderfully. First pic is cool with the blurred skull in the foreground.

Haha! Yeah, I was going for the meditative/trance type thing. I had to do something to counteract that otherwise sweet face. Smile

Randam Hajile wrote:Great! Wonderful photos! I like the last photo the most, as I captures the twilight mood of the forest.
davidd wrote:Marvelously detailed figure which you've assembled very nicely, D.! Love the lighting effects, and the seamless integration of the figure with the backgrounds!
GubernatorFan wrote:Beautiful photos, Diana!
Stryker2011 wrote:Nice moody photos, Diana. Like the different color schemes.

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback, everyone! Taking the photos was a lot of fun and inspired by this forum. Very Happy

csyeung

csyeung
Supernice photos Diana! Keep em coming!

Ovy

Ovy
Yesterday I saw this figure live at the Valiarde National Gallery. What fascinated me most were those super tiny chains. I read you had quite some trouble with those as they are so delicate. But I have never encountered chains as tiny as these in my adventures in thriftshops and costume jewellry findings. Any idea how/where to get that kind chains seperately?

(If anyone is having trouble with his chains, you can send them to me for free of couse. It will free your mind.)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum