OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Bit pricey. $229 USD each, and $98 for the banner. Paying for the movable eyes and LEDs I guess.

Xavion2004

This is a lot to take in. There are elements I really like, and elements I don’t particularly care for at first glance, but I can’t imagine the elements I really like working without the elements that I don’t particularly care for…if that makes any sense.

Randam Hajile

I really like the "bone"-based armor design here. Very unique. I'm less thrilled by the anime-like head, but I can image swapping it against a HT Anne Hathaway sculpt...

Ghost808

Stryker2011 wrote:Bit pricey. $229 USD each, and $98 for the banner. Paying for the movable eyes and LEDs I guess.
What we've learned from 1/6...

A male military figure, with chest rig, flak vest, rifle, Full rifle attachments kit, magazines, pistol, clips, drop leg holsters, webbing bags, boots, helmet, night vision, binoculars, bergen, carabiner, glow sticks, decals/patches, uniform, body, head, hands.....$160

A girl in a medieval bikini....$250

Perhaps the extra silicone to create the b**bies, puts the cost up?? 😆

I think we all know, "sexy" is being price hiked!
I really do like these, but $230 for what we get, is a bit of a scam, so I'm reluctantly out. 😔 especially as I'm not that big a fan of the S10D body, and would replace it anyway.

Diana

Diana
To be fair, the military stuff has been done so much, the files probably only need minor adjustment here and there if at all.

This kind of figure must take a lot longer to develop, going back and forth, tweaking it until it reaches this level of design. This is art, not just replication of what already exists.

And I think the body looks fantastic in this costume! Very Happy

But it IS a lot of money so I am torn about whether to get just one (which??) or both... I'll pre-order both I think. If I end up just wanting one I'm sure I'll be able to find someone who is sad to have missed out. Smile

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
The logical problem with getting both (and I'm overthinking things again) is that you'd have the "bad" witchhunter wearing an outfit 90% identical to the "good" witchunter, with just a few touches to evil it up. Obviously this kind of thing isn't a problem with all that military stuff we're comparing these to -- those guys wear army uniforms, which are, well, uniform... But it totally drains the spookyness out of these witch hunters or whatever, if they all just pop by the Commissary, right after getting their Witch Hunter Union Card, and they all get assigned the same standard weird horned hat, identical boney pauldrons, etc. I can't really think of a "backstory" where you could have both of these together without depreciating the uniqueness (unless maybe it's the same person who transforms, or something...)

Valiarde

Valiarde
Personally I'm not shocked by the price it is nearly exactly what I expected, especially with a silicone body.

I agree with Moonbase Alpha that while I like both, I think they are too similar in the end to want me to have both on the shelf. I think I will more likely make a fantasy roleplaying party with different characters. So I went for just one and hope I can pick up one or two things from the other. Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The price definitely gives me pause, but I'm still more than likely going to order both, and the banner, and like Moonbase AM pointed out, it would be an interesting juxtaposition to create a storyline where the character "transforms" from one iteration to the other when in "action".

He who dies with the most toys wins!

New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 2 C8485110

Diana

Diana
I ordered both. I see them as representing the nature of duality, so them looking like two sides of the same coin is perfect to me. Smile

Valiarde

Valiarde
kghobby also has a good price. With shipping similar to Giantoy, overall a bit cheaper I think depending on where you live.

Congrats Diana, we all havbe a good taste here lol

Ghost808

Ghost808
Diana wrote:To be fair, the military stuff has been done so much, the files probably only need minor adjustment here and there if at all.

This kind of figure must take a lot longer to develop, going back and forth, tweaking it until it reaches this level of design. This is art, not just replication of what already exists.

And I think the body looks fantastic in this costume! Very Happy

But it IS a lot of money so I am torn about whether to get just one (which??) or both... I'll pre-order both I think. If I end up just wanting one I'm sure I'll be able to find someone who is sad to have missed out. Smile
With 3d software and printing. Prototyping now, is quicker and easier than ever. Most of the back forth is done on computer. Quite a lot of the parts here, are either injection molded plastic, or fabric "scraps". The former being an instantaneous mass production job, molding many parts in one injection. I'd wager these are much quicker to produce and even paint, than hand machined clothing.
And design wise, it has pretty much been pre-thought out by the people who made Diablo.

I work(ed) in props and set building, and make quite a lot of miniatures from scratch. It's really not that laborious to make and paint stuff like this, and that is speaking somebody who does it with clay, as opposed to computers! Likewise, most of the painting here is drybrushing, which is very quick and easy. Machining tiny clothes,  however, is a bloody nightmare! Even my wife, who is a fashion product developer, struggles to make 1/6 clothes. I know, because I've badgered her to do it several times now!! 😄

I thinks it's just, the sexier the figure and skimpier the clothes, the higher the price. Sex sells, as they say. I mean It worked. I want one! 😆

I'm not totally adverse to the S10D. Its just that for an exposed, wild, warrior type character, I prefer the s23 type bodies, with abs and broader shoulders. They feel more fitting for the fantasy setting.

I don't blame you for getting both though. If I had the income, I'd love to get one, but the pandemic stole my wallet! 
I have to be super picky in regards to this hobby, of late. Which sucks given it just gets more and expensive recently.

$170 - $190, and I'd go for one, but $230, just doesn't seem good value! I stand by my feeling that this is overpriced. Especially when I consider I got Royal Defender, just weeks ago, with all it's detailed clothing and accessories for $215, including postage!!

I reckon you'll have absolutely no issue selling one on, if you need to, and you might even make a small profit (or some of your postage back at least).

Diana

Diana
Ghost808, those are some very interesting insights. Thank you! Smile

There aren't many releases like this, that don't look overly gamey (I'm thinking that half ogre lady).
They may call them witch hunters, but to me they are shamans, and they totally got me on my weak spot with that. Smile

Ghost808

Ghost808
Diana wrote:Ghost808, those are some very interesting insights. Thank you! Smile

There aren't many releases like this, that don't look overly gamey (I'm thinking that half ogre lady).
They may call them witch hunters, but to me they are shamans, and they totally got me on my weak spot with that. Smile
Which half ogre lady? Do you mean the questionable orc from Warcraft?

I agree totally. Witch hunters isn't a great name. Witches full stop, would be better, but shamans is spot on.  They are a breath of fresh air, for sure.

FreakinLobster

FreakinLobster
Woah, I just saw these figures on BBTS, and they're even more expensive than on "free shipping" asian stores. They're asking for $250 there... and the asian stores tend to get the figures waaaay earlier. Now the banner is the same $90 though. It's a big contrast when you see the TBL figures prices on BBTS, way cheaper, at least for US dwellers. The Royal Defender is $180 there. The Osiris figure, $185, and the new Horus, with the wings and a huge base, is $200.
*jealousy feels intensified*

And I feel ya, Ghost808. For me, the muscular body would also be way better for this figure, but... I'd go for the S21 (same bust size than S10D yet same muscle definition than S23), because the "bra" is a sculpted piece, so I think it would be a bit loose on a medium bust, and I don't know how hard will it be to adjust it. Good thing I have one S21 in my Mai Shiranui, and the S10D would fit her as nicely, so a body swap here is a pretty interesting option.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That’s how BBTS can afford it’s $4.00 flat rate shipping— jack up the cost another $30 to cover the “actual” shipping cost.

suo76

The stuff is produced in China, so US shops will have to pay some kind of shipping cost as well, so I am not surprised that they charge more than chinese shops.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I decided I’m going to order both and name them Betty and Veronica.  tongue

I think the biggest selling point to me (aside from those beautiful sculpts) is their uniqueness.  Yes, the “Sword and Sorcery Girl in Bikini” is cliche, but the overall design really stands out.

I appreciate that they come right out and tell you the figure is on the S10D.  I wish every manufacturer would list the make and model of the body, regardless of whether or not it’s included.  When it comes to the S10D/S12D, I’ve given up fighting it.   I would like to see more figures designed for the medium bust S16/S17 and S22/S23 bodies, but it is what it is.  I can’t continue to complain about how sexist these figures are while my collection of them is multiplying like bunny rabbits.

blackpool

blackpool
That second headsculpt look sso good, very tempting! I'll try to grab it loose!

brassco

brassco
just po the black shaman. Yes, seems that 10D is getting all the preferred treatment, such that TBL still couldn't retire them. I also wish there are more outfits for other body types, else I will be always storing these newer body types and running out of S10D!!

mooch174

mooch174
I tried to find a previous for a previous thread on this and couldn't, so apologies if I somehow missed it!

Bloody Shaman Aphaia (White) 1/6 Scale Figure (WH001)

POP Toys presents the 1/6 scale bloody Shaman Apaia figure! Created using a TBLeague S10D female seamless body, this articulated figure features incredible details, a head sculpt with rooted hair and movable eyes, and various relics and accessories to adorn her body. This white version includes an LED light-up staff and crystal ball, each able to give off an eerie witchy glow.

Flag sold separately.

Product Features
1/6 Scale
Made of plastic
TBLeague S10D female seamless body
Features movable eyes and rooted hair
LED light-up staff and crystal ball accessories
White shaman version

Box Contents:
Bloody Shaman Aphaia figure
Armet
Cloak
Shirt
Underpants
2 Puttee
2 Ankle cloths
2 Bracelets
2 Vambraces
2 Cuishes
Staff
Bone bowl
Crystal ball
Bone cup
Figure stand

New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 2 16172210
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 2 16172110
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 2 16172710
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 2 16172310
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 2 16172410
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 2 16173110
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 2 16172910
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 2 16172510
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 2 16172810
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 2 16173010
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 2 16172511
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 2 16172111
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 2 16172911
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 2 16172610
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 2 16173210

Bloody Shaman Aphaia (Black) 1/6 Scale Figure (WH002)

POP Toys presents the 1/6 scale bloody Shaman Apaia figure! Created using a TBLeague S10D female seamless body, this articulated figure features incredible details, a head sculpt with rooted hair and movable eyes, and various relics and accessories to adorn her body. This black version includes a spooky spear and matching shield, along with a removable bone mask and crown.

Flag sold separately.

Product Features
1/6 Scale
Made of plastic
TBLeague S10D female seamless body
Features movable eyes and rooted hair
Black shaman version

Box Contents:
Bloody Shaman Aphaia figure
Armet
Cloak
Shirt
Underpants
2 Puttee
2 Ankle cloths
2 Bracelets
2 Vambraces
2 Cuishes
Mask
Bone spear
Crystal shield
Bone cup
Figure stand

New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 2 16181510
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 2 16182110
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 2 16182810
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 2 16183210
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 2 16183010
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 2 16183110
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 2 16181511
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 2 16182210
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 2 16181710
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 2 16183610
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 2 16183211
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 2 16182710
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 2 16183810

I have no idea what Witch Hunter is but I think they both look amazing! I am getting the white one for sure, but I might end up getting both. I'm not such a fan of the "skeleton claw boob grab" on the black, the white one is ever so slightly more tasteful :p I really like the head sculpt on the black one though!

Too bad they're using the TBLeague S10D body though, it's so old.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Merged topics.

mooch174

mooch174
GubernatorFan wrote:Merged topics.
Shoot, thanks! I searched for "poptoys", "shaman" and "aphaia" but not "pop toys" or "witch hunter"! doh!

brassco wrote:just po the black shaman. Yes, seems that 10D is getting all the preferred treatment, such that TBL still couldn't retire them. I also wish there are more outfits for other body types, else I will be always storing these newer body types and running out of S10D!!
The S10D really does seem like the "default" female body. Super Duck uses it a lot too.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
mooch174 wrote:Shoot, thanks! I searched for "poptoys", "shaman" and "aphaia" but not "pop toys" or "witch hunter"! doh!

No problem, sorry for the extra effort, but I'm sure people would like to see them again. It is sometimes difficult to synchronize all the verbiage and alternative translations. Also, the forum search function is not great. Best to google onesixthfigures.forumotion.com alongside with the product name or other keywords you are looking for.

Moonbase Alpha Male

Moonbase Alpha Male
mooch174 wrote:
Too bad they're using the TBLeague S10D body though, it's so old.

Totally right about that, but it is probably inevitable. Where it's a joint or cooperative relationship, like we are probably seeing eg with TBL doing a body for IconiqStudios Ryu, the timing can be different and the specially designed body more up to date. But I suspect with something like this Witch Hunter, Pop Toys probably had only a first concept or a rough design, when they went out to actually make sure they could purchase 1500 (or whatever) suitable S10Ds, then they had to have them sitting in the warehouse while they fine tuned the design, plus however long it took them to actually make the final assembled figures, and put them out to market. So I suspect it's not as if Pop Toys just carelessly and arbitrarily picked an old body.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Just paid all three of my invoices for these. Yikes! That hurt my credit card. But, I’m looking forward to getting these in hand.

Diana

Diana
Stryker2011 wrote:Just paid all three of my invoices for these. Yikes! That hurt my credit card. But, I’m looking forward to getting these in hand.
THREE? Laughing

I'm about to pay my two invoices. Very Happy bounce

Ghost808

Ghost808
Diana wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:Just paid all three of my invoices for these. Yikes! That hurt my credit card. But, I’m looking forward to getting these in hand.
THREE? Laughing

I'm about to pay my two invoices. Very Happy bounce
2 shamans AND the banner, I should imagine? Lucky boy!!! 😄

Time for me to monitor ebay closely for those heads then!

P.s. please let us know how they look when you get them. I'm really keen to see how these turned out.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yep. Ghost is correct. One of each of the ladies and the banner.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Wheee! Thank God the new American Express cycle starts on 12/25. I’ll pay my invoices then, and I’ll have until 2/18 to pay them off. I passed on the banner, so that will help too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum