OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Diana

Stryker2011 wrote:Just paid all three of my invoices for these. Yikes! That hurt my credit card. But, I’m looking forward to getting these in hand.
THREE? Laughing

I'm about to pay my two invoices. Very Happy bounce

Ghost808

Diana wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:Just paid all three of my invoices for these. Yikes! That hurt my credit card. But, I’m looking forward to getting these in hand.
THREE? Laughing

I'm about to pay my two invoices. Very Happy bounce
2 shamans AND the banner, I should imagine? Lucky boy!!! 😄

Time for me to monitor ebay closely for those heads then!

P.s. please let us know how they look when you get them. I'm really keen to see how these turned out.

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Yep. Ghost is correct. One of each of the ladies and the banner.

Xavion2004

Wheee! Thank God the new American Express cycle starts on 12/25. I’ll pay my invoices then, and I’ll have until 2/18 to pay them off. I passed on the banner, so that will help too.

Kitsune1000

Kitsune1000
Argggh, My wallet, I just can't pass this one up, Didn't pre-order but now just paid in full for the white version. Thanks for the heads up as I'll bet this will sell out fast.

csyeung

csyeung
Some blogger pics here. I think the head came out great!

https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=380385&_dsign=1bf8e2c8

brassco

brassco
Oh...now i am very tempted to get this white shaman too...still don't know if i can get the led shaft parted out.

Ghost808

Ghost808
I was all set to jump on the ebay parted out heads, and was even willing to go to $90 for one. But sadly they just aren't worth the $80+ (with uk tax) that they are asking.
While I think the overall figure looks good, the heads look too cartoonish to me, and the makeup feels a bit flat. The dark head, which was my favourite of the two also seems to have quite bulging eyes. (Not helped by the very funny "Buscemi" wonky eyed in hand shots on ebay).
Overall I'm disappointed 🙁

Valiarde

Valiarde
brassco wrote:Oh...now i am very tempted to get this white shaman too...still don't know if i can get the led shaft parted out.

I bought it a few days ago on ebay since i only ordered the evil version. You should look for it

brassco

brassco
Valiarde wrote:
brassco wrote:Oh...now i am very tempted to get this white shaman too...still don't know if i can get the led shaft parted out.

I bought it a few days ago on ebay since i only ordered the evil version. You should look for it

thks for sharing. I checked ebay, but can't find anymore. Damn!

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Ghost808 wrote:I was all set to jump on the ebay parted out heads, and was even willing to go to $90 for one. But sadly they just aren't worth the $80+ (with uk tax) that they are asking.
While I think the overall figure looks good, the heads look too cartoonish to me, and the makeup feels a bit flat. The dark head, which was my favourite of the two also seems to have quite bulging eyes. (Not helped by the very funny "Buscemi" wonky eyed in hand shots on ebay).
Overall I'm disappointed 🙁

I’m a little disappointed in the head sculpts as well, although I’m going to reserve final judgement until I have them in hand. Jumping between the promo pics and BBICN, I’d say that the two are pretty close. It’s those eBay pics that really concern me, but as we’ve seen in the past, these eBay sellers could make even the most beautiful of head sculpts look unattractive.

These are my last preorders though, and that’s a decision I made shortly after these were announced. I want to see final production pics before investing this kind of money, especially since one of my New Years resolutions is to keep my 1/6 purchases for the year at 10 or under. If I miss out, I’d rather pay secondary prices for something that I really want than primary market prices for something I sorta want but could probably live without.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
One of the issues with factory sculpts is that they never fully paint the lips all the way to the edge.  Believe it or not, this can have a rather drastic effect on the overall appearance of the sculpt, and can make them seem less appealing than the promo pics. Sometimes, repainting the lips can improve a sculpt quite a bit. Only issue is that repainting1/6 scale lips can be quite difficult -- if you haven't done it before you'd have to practice a bit on some spare heads, first.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
skywalkersaga wrote:One of the issues with factory sculpts is that they never fully paint the lips all the way to the edge.  Believe it or not, this can have a rather drastic effect on the overall appearance of the sculpt, and can make them seem less appealing than the promo pics.

I completely agree. It’s usually either the paint on the edges of the lips not being extended far enough or the bottom of the eye-liner being too thin that’s the culprit.

brassco

brassco
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 3 IMG-20220106-215242

There is not much challenge to setup the figure. There even comes with a manual that is quite comprehensive. Overall, i am happy with this purchase!

fyi, the body is not showing much or any secret details.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks cool. Mine supposedly just left China yesterday — slow going for 4PX.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 3 C8485110

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Mine are in Georgia, so I may have them by Saturday or Monday at the latest. Brassco’s pic is encouraging.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Giantoy split my order for all three of these into separate shipments, and so far, the banner was the only one that showed up (just today); I'm guessing it was done this way to cut down on the size of the box and shipping savings. The other two boxes (according to tracking) just left China on the 5th, and so far, hasn't shown up in the US yet.

Anyway, couple quick pics (the camera, or banner was at an odd angle, hence why it looks so off). I have to go and get two different types of batteries in order to get the thing to light up as they aren't included due to shipping regulations -- by the manufacturer, not the retailer.

New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 3 _dsc3551
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 3 _dsc3552

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think the banner is the best part. Smile

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Mark is having a banner day!

(Oh, stop booing. They can’t all be good!)

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Xavion2004 wrote:Mark is having a banner day! (Oh, stop booing.  They can’t all be good!)

I wasn't booing. Rather, thinking, "Welcome to my world." Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Xavion2004 wrote:Mark is having a banner day!

(Oh, stop booing.  They can’t all be good!)

Very Happy

Diana

Diana
Oh that looks great!! Maybe I'll need to get it after all... I shall take it into consideration.

One of the two shamans and the lion arrived today. The second shaman is still on the way, though I'm pretty sure I got the trackings numbers for both shamans on the same day. Weird. But I shall wait.

I got a shaman to unbox. Very Happy

Kitsune1000

Kitsune1000
Mine just shipped (White version)

I didn't have any chance to dress her,  Here are some Hi rez pics of the body just out of the box and close up on the head sculpt.  
I'm impressed so far as this is my first PopToys figure and see why their figures are higher priced than most 3rd party.

Please note they don't ship the Batteries and this needs 4 AG1 cell batteries , if you have this incoming you might want to buy these in advance.

Initial impressions - Love all the accessories and like the multi toned rooted hair.

I'll try to get more photos later tonight / tomorrow.

New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 3 DCpaF7D
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 3 Rqof3V1

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Egads. I’ve seen enough. These are going directly to eBay when they arrive. I’m sure they’ve very nice, and I’m sure that most of those who preordered one or both will be very happy, but they’re just not for me.

I’ll have to check with whoever moderates New Years Resolutions. If I resell two figures that I ordered and paid for in 2021, does that mean I can bump up my 2022 limit from 10 figures to 12? Wink

Ghost808

Ghost808
Xavion2004 wrote:Egads.   I’ve seen enough.  These are going directly to eBay when they arrive.  I’m sure they’ve very nice, and I’m sure that most of those who preordered one or both will be very happy, but they’re just not for me.

I’ll have to check with whoever moderates New Years Resolutions.  If I resell two figures that I ordered and paid for in 2021, does that mean I can bump up my 2022 limit from 10 figures to 12?  Wink
Agree. I'm glad I didn't get tempted by these now. It's not that they are bad figures, as such, but they don't look like their promo shots at all, to me. They are way too cartoonish and the makeup/paint job is too flat for my tastes.

I also had a dark makeup HS in my ebay basket for days and I very nearly hit buy a few times. I'm really glad I didn't, having seen the various in-hand shots so far. (No offence intended to the picture takers - great and helpful pics, all round.)

This definitely frees us up to make extra impulse purchases this year. The new years gods will understand!

brassco

brassco
that banner really tempting me now....i missed out the chance to get a led staff, so maybe this will be a good replacement...

I do agree there are differences between the released final product and the promo ones, like the black shaman from the promo is supposed to have straighter hair. But overall, i am glad i got this.

New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 3 Seg-vivi
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 3 Oznor-COBR
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 3 Oznor-COBR-vivi
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 3 Ptr

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
brassco -- the black shaman headdress and cloak are really neat! thanks for sharing.

If anyone wants to give this one a little more realism, I think Villa would make an amazing head swap. ETA: maybe wouldn't work because of the skintone, but there are those Villa recasts for anyone who wanted to do a full on customisation.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

brassco

brassco
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 3 IMG-20220108-200020

the skin is indeed not very matching...but under dim lights, it's passable.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Very cool, I like her! Anyone tested the moveable eyes?

Mine arrived yesterday but is still in the box.  Smile  Hope I find time later on. 

That Villa head isn't bad for this figure either

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum