OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 7]

brassco

that banner really tempting me now....i missed out the chance to get a led staff, so maybe this will be a good replacement...

I do agree there are differences between the released final product and the promo ones, like the black shaman from the promo is supposed to have straighter hair. But overall, i am glad i got this.

New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 4 Seg-vivi
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 4 Oznor-COBR
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 4 Oznor-COBR-vivi
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 4 Ptr

skywalkersaga

brassco -- the black shaman headdress and cloak are really neat! thanks for sharing.

If anyone wants to give this one a little more realism, I think Villa would make an amazing head swap. ETA: maybe wouldn't work because of the skintone, but there are those Villa recasts for anyone who wanted to do a full on customisation.

brassco

New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 4 IMG-20220108-200020

the skin is indeed not very matching...but under dim lights, it's passable.

Valiarde

Very cool, I like her! Anyone tested the moveable eyes?

Mine arrived yesterday but is still in the box.  Smile  Hope I find time later on. 

That Villa head isn't bad for this figure either

brassco

brassco
a tool is provided to position the eyes.

the body could be swapped to a suntan body to accomodate that Villa HS. But i'm happy with the HS that comes with it. cheers!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
brassco wrote:a tool is provided to position the eyes.

the body could be swapped to a suntan body to accomodate that Villa HS. But i'm happy with the HS that comes with it. cheers!

Glad they included a tool!

And yes, body swap would be easier. Wink

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I was thinking about head swaps myself.  For example, I have a Sariah head that would look great on the dark version, but like everyone said, that means getting a S12D body, and now I’m investing more time and more money into a $225 figure.  I’m really trying to get away from doing that sort of thing.

I think that’s where I struggle with these two figures, though.  It’s not that the head sculpt and the rest of the figure aren’t nicely done.  It’s that you’ve got a cute, sweet, and innocent looking head going on a bad ass body.   I just can’t reconcile the two in my own mind.  She does look much better with all of her gear on though, as the shadows from the headdress help mitigate the cuteness of the head sculpt and make her look a little more menacing.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
If you can find a pale head that would work, then it wouldn't be too bad of a swap. Especially if you then sold the original head to make up the cost.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
skywalkersaga wrote:If you can find a pale head that would work, then it wouldn't be too bad of a swap. Especially if you then sold the original head to make up the cost.

That a great idea, and a few months ago, that’s probably what I would have done. Being an all or nothing kind of guy though, I’m finding that my best experiences in 1:6 are either complete figures that I like right out of the box or building a character from the ground up. I don’t enjoy trying to “fix” figures or “make it work”. That’s where about 90% of my frustration has come from…trying to push square pegs into round holes.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Xavion2004 wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:If you can find a pale head that would work, then it wouldn't be too bad of a swap. Especially if you then sold the original head to make up the cost.

That a great idea, and a few months ago, that’s probably what I would have done. Being an all or nothing kind of guy though, I’m finding that my best experiences in 1:6 are either complete figures that I like right out of the box or building a character from the ground up.  I don’t enjoy trying to “fix” figures or “make it work”.  That’s where about 90% of my frustration has come from…trying to push square pegs into round holes.

Ah ok, that's fair enough. I view everything as a potential project (aside from perhaps Hot Toys figures, lol), but I get that not everyone shares that mindset. ;p

Kitsune1000

Kitsune1000
skywalkersaga wrote:
Xavion2004 wrote:

That a great idea, and a few months ago, that’s probably what I would have done. Being an all or nothing kind of guy though, I’m finding that my best experiences in 1:6 are either complete figures that I like right out of the box or building a character from the ground up.  I don’t enjoy trying to “fix” figures or “make it work”.  That’s where about 90% of my frustration has come from…trying to push square pegs into round holes.

Ah ok, that's fair enough. I view everything as a potential project (aside from perhaps Hot Toys figures, lol), but I get that not everyone shares that mindset. ;p

Coming from my other hobby of Gundam models we have the saying "Gunpla is Freedom"  meaning you can do whatever you like.  Do whatever makes you happy.  

I've seen a lot of cynical views in this hobby in the short time I've been collecting and just wanted  to step back and introspect why we are in this hobby?

skywalkersaga I share your views, nothing will be perfect and i see it a challenge to improve a figure where I can.  But I can see Xavion2004 views as some just don't enjoy this aspect.    

Overall just do what makes you happy.

Diana

Diana
Initially I planned to only open the white shaman and maybe sell the dark one.

I got the first one yesterday, not knowing which hunter it was going to be. And I wasn't going to check the product code. I certainly wasn't going to wait for the second to arrive if this turned out to be the dark one. So I went ahead.

The box is beautiful! Made the HT WW box I handled afterwards feel super cheap.
But when I caught the first glimpse of the upper layer, of her, I put her away again. She looked... bland and I regretted opening her up.

But I slept over it and figured, that she was possibly going to look very different with all the gear, so I went to work.

She. Is. GORGEOUS.

She is my new favorite figure, pushing Jane and Nancy from their shared first spot. And I can't wait to get the white shaman. Soon.

New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 4 0159
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 4 0263
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 4 0360

New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 4 0459
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 4 0558
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 4 0657
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 4 0755
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 4 0854
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 4 0953
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 4 1048
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 4 1147
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 4 1241
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 4 1430
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 4 1527
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 4 1624
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 4 1720
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 4 1820
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 4 2020
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 4 2119
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 4 2216
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 4 2316

Valiarde

Valiarde
those are great pics Diana!!  Very Happy

I also opened her a few hours ago and can agree she has a great "shelf presence"! 

I love the moveable eyes and the whole figure is just so cool.

Ghost808

Ghost808
Kitsune1000 wrote:

Coming from my other hobby of Gundam models we have the saying "Gunpla is Freedom"  meaning you can do whatever you like.  Do whatever makes you happy.  

I've seen a lot of cynical views in this hobby in the short time I've been collecting and just wanted  to step back and introspect why we are in this hobby?

skywalkersaga I share your views, nothing will be perfect and i see it a challenge to improve a figure where I can.  But I can see Xavion2004 views as some just don't enjoy this aspect.    

Overall just do what makes you happy.
I think budget has a lot to do with the perceived cynicism. If you have a large budget, getting figures that don't meet expectations isn't such a hit. You can quickly and easily replace parts to improve it, or just shove it to the back of the shelf and move on to the next thing.
For me, having lost a business in the pandemic, picking figures is a very cautious business in itself. If I'm spending upwards of £160 on some plastic and rubber, I want it to be pretty damned good plastic and rubber!

Prior to budget constraints, I was of the same mindset. If it doesn't look great, I'll make it look great. 
Now, having to buy heads, hands, parted out clothes etc, in order to better a figure, just isn't appealing. I want, nay, NEED as close to perfect, right out of the box.

Sometimes what makes you happy is out of financial reach.

@Diana... lovely pics. Some nice posing and lighting has really brought the character out in her. You've almost re-tempted me to eBay that head! Dammit!!! 😄

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ghost808 -- I totally get that. I'm out of work atm, myself, so I barely have a budget at all. In fact, I will prob have to take a break from the hobby soon for that reason.... Sad

ETA: Whoops, I missed Diana's awesome photos! She looks amazing in front that fireplace! I love you

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
@Diana
Great Pictures! One can actually see from your pictures how much fun you had with her.

Unfortunately, my dark shaman figure is still en route to Germany via DHL Sad
... but I got my MT White Wolf and D.VA figures yesterday to keep me occupied Smile

Ghost808

Ghost808
skywalkersaga wrote:Ghost808 -- I totally get that. I'm out of work atm, myself, so I barely have a budget at all. In fact, I will prob have to take a break from the hobby soon for that reason.... Sad

ETA: Whoops, I missed Diana's awesome photos! She looks amazing in front that fireplace! I love you
Sorry to hear that sky. It's a pricey hobby, even when finances are stable, let alone being between jobs. Hopefully both of our circumstances will improve soon.

Same here. I've already stopped buying full figures. Unless it's something I just absolutely can't resist. But even that will have to stop very soon. 

I mostly just kitbash, so it's not such an issue for me, but it'd be nice to be able to jump on figures like this on a whim.
Sadly thanks to eBay's new tax rules, and overall inflation, even kitbashing is getting crazy. I saw a tbleague head for $140 earlier today!! (Before tax! 😳). It'll be a 100% pause on 1/6 at this rate! ☹

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Beautiful photos, Diana. She’s gorgeous. I’m more than happy to be getting both of these ladies. The stylized heads don’t bother me, as they tend to remind me of The Witch from CooModel from a few years back.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 4 C8485110

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Touché, Diana. You just shot my “Direct to eBay” plan all to hell, at least for the dark version.

Diana

Diana
Xavion2004 wrote:Touché, Diana.  You just shot my “Direct to eBay” plan all to hell, at least for the dark version.
Laughing

That was my intention. Very Happy Twisted Evil I love you

PS: I just caved and ordered the banner. Rolling Eyes

brassco

brassco
@Diana the red atmosphere setting was great for this figure. Nicely done!

how come your figure's hair seems straighter then mine? did i get a variation??

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for the information and photos, Diana. Glad you like her.

csyeung

csyeung
Thanks for the pics, Diana. She looks pretty cool!

Diana

Diana
brassco wrote:@Diana  the red atmosphere setting was great for this figure. Nicely done!

how come your figure's hair seems straighter then mine? did i get a variation??
That's what I thought! I'm glad I got lucky here, but I suppose you could straighten the hair with Sky's hot water technique. You shouldn't have to though.

My very pleasure everybody! Glad you're enjoying the photos. Smile

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Both of mine were waiting at my front door when I got home yesterday evening.  I wasn’t expecting them until Monday at the earliest.   It was kind of funny, because I was out most of the day, and they were sitting there the whole time that most of the discussion and posting of pictures was taking place.  (I was posting from my phone.)

The package I opened was the dark version which is the one I wanted to open. She is, for lack of a better word…irresistible.  There’s still that contradiction of having a head sculpt that has one foot in Disney World on a body that looks like it belongs in an “R” rated movie, but somehow it works.  I think a lot of that is due to the dark hair, the dark lips, the movable eyes, and the “mask” across them.   Whatever it is, she’s a keeper.   I’m glad Diana posted her pictures when she did, or I might not have even opened the figure.

I haven’t opened the light version yet.   I’m not sure that she’s going to work as well without the darker features, and I’m not sure I need two of these, but she’s gotten a reprieve from eBay until I figure it out.   I would love to see some more pics from Kitsune and/or Diana after they’ve had a chance to work with her a bit.

Valiarde

Valiarde
New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 4 CpsJTlZh

New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 4 DXaPyP4h

New Product: Pop Toys 1/6 Witch Hunter - Two Versions - Page 4 MudlF2hh

Just adding three pics here I shot yesterday. I also only have the evil version. LEt's wait for the people with the other one. Smile

Diana

Diana
Wow, Valiarde, fantastic photos!! I clearly need to get myself a tree. Or rather make one. Smile

Xavion, the white one hasn't arrived for me yet, but rest assured I will post pictures as soon as she does. Very Happy

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Great photos, Valiarde! She looks really good against your backdrop. This figure seems to photograph really well , especially in a bit of dramatic lighting.

shazzdan

shazzdan
Diana wrote:Wow, Valiarde, fantastic photos!! I clearly need to get myself a tree. Or rather make one. SmileVery Happy
I would make a twisted tree like that by gluing a few pieces of driftwood together.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum