OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Using "Barbie" clothing for TBLeague doll

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

skywalkersaga

It's always fun to experiment with doll clothing and tbleague figures, and feels great when you find something that fits (or even just 'almost' fits, lol). Glad you found some that worked for your ladies. : )

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
TravelGuide -- I believe DarthJ uses mostly non-Barbie fashion doll clothing, but I'm sure there is an overlap.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

TravelGuide

GubernatorFan wrote:TravelGuide -- I believe DarthJ uses mostly non-Barbie fashion doll clothing, but I'm sure there is an overlap.
I think you're right. But I think he does use furniture from Barbie, Sindy and another similar brand.

Eekumbokum

Are you using standard barbie clothing? If so I'm very surprised it would fit on tbleague bodies, I thought standard Barbie had a very small waist compared to even the slimmest tbleagues. I always imagined barbie curvy had more appropriately fitting clothing for any standard female action figure.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Suchsneak wrote:Are you using standard barbie clothing? If so I'm very surprised it would fit on tbleague bodies, I thought standard Barbie had a very small waist compared to even the slimmest tbleagues. I always imagined barbie curvy had more appropriately fitting clothing for any standard female action figure.

I'm wondering if some of the dresses might be some 'generic' barbie/fashion doll clothing from ebay? As in, marketed for barbies but not actually from an official set.

From my experience, I've managed to fit regular Made-to-Move barbie clothing (dresses, tops, skirts only), onto the smaller tbleague bodies (s25b), but yeah, only the curvy regular or curvy MTM barbie clothing will fit any of the larger tbleague's.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Not very clear to see in the picture (and I don't have a better one of it), but the shorts Allison (she's on the right) is wearing are from Barbie.
Using "Barbie" clothing for TBLeague doll - Page 2 Img_3220

She's got a matching headscarf:
Using "Barbie" clothing for TBLeague doll - Page 2 Img_3221

The top she's wearing is from Barbie as well:
Using "Barbie" clothing for TBLeague doll - Page 2 Img_3214

I got those with a used Barbiecar I bought from someone (I think it was the car in the picture).

csyeung

csyeung
Looks great on them! I find sometimes just cropping a little bit the picture and re-saving will solve the sideways pictures. Mostly only happens with pictures from phones.

one/sixth-uals

one/sixth-uals
Suchsneak wrote:Are you using standard barbie clothing? If so I'm very surprised it would fit on tbleague bodies, I thought standard Barbie had a very small waist compared to even the slimmest tbleagues. I always imagined barbie curvy had more appropriately fitting clothing for any standard female action figure.

I was not even aware that there is such a thing as "barbie curvy". I used the clothing that was advertised as "for Barbie". These are not actual Barbie clothes, though - they are from a 3rd party low-cost manufacturer...

One/Sixth-uals - sexy scenes with 1/6 dolls
OneSixthuals on DeviantArt: photo stories and pictures with my sexy dolls (many NSFW)
OneSixthuals on Flickr: pictures of my dolls (SFW)
https://www.onesixthuals.com

one/sixth-uals

one/sixth-uals
skywalkersaga wrote:

I'm wondering if some of the dresses might be some 'generic' barbie/fashion doll clothing from ebay? As in, marketed for barbies but not actually from an official set.

From my experience, I've managed to fit regular Made-to-Move barbie clothing (dresses, tops, skirts only), onto the smaller tbleague bodies (s25b), but yeah, only the curvy regular or curvy MTM barbie clothing will fit any of the larger tbleague's.

Yes, you are right - these dresses I am showing here in this posting thread are "generic", from various eBay sellers. They are just so dirt-cheap - I got 4 sets, and now my doll has 3 princess dresses, 5 ball dresses, 30 regular tight dresses, 3 bathing suits, 5 pants, 5 tops. The one in my current Xmas holiday avatar picture is one of those tops.

The narrow dresses are tight, especially on the S09C which is not the slimmest... but one as to work a bit, push and pull, and then the dresses sit fine. Looks good anyway when the fabric is a bit strechted... Laughing

No problem with those princess dresses or ballroom dresses - these are wide enough.

One/Sixth-uals - sexy scenes with 1/6 dolls
OneSixthuals on DeviantArt: photo stories and pictures with my sexy dolls (many NSFW)
OneSixthuals on Flickr: pictures of my dolls (SFW)

one/sixth-uals

one/sixth-uals
TravelGuide wrote: but the shorts Allison (she's on the right) is wearing are from Barbie.

Super pictures! The first one is what I would call a true one/sixth-ual    Cool

31Using "Barbie" clothing for TBLeague doll - Page 2 Empty Barbie clothes on S24a Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:25 pm

Melancholia

Ever since I bought an S24a body I have a whole new world of clothing to choose from.  I found this dress for $27.00 and is quite well made and beautiful.  I had to squeeze her into it but it is so well made the zipper withstands the stress.Using "Barbie" clothing for TBLeague doll - Page 2 20220610

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks great. Nice grab on that dress.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Using "Barbie" clothing for TBLeague doll - Page 2 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, nice find, glad it worked out.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Morose -- I agree, that's one of the great things about those petite bodies, they fit into a lot more doll clothing than the regular-size tbleagues! It's always nice feeling to find something nice and unique that fits, rather than having to be limited to the specifically 1/6 items on ebay. Smile

csyeung

csyeung
Dress looks great Morose!

Lynkhart

Lynkhart
The trouble with a lot of the cheap unbranded clothing for Barbies is that they’re designed for either the old school bodies (the big hipped, tiny waisted, big busted ones with the ‘karate chop’ posed arms) or the old jointed Fashionista bodies from the late noughties.  As a result they’re unlikely to fit bodies with more realistic proportions well, so you’re probably better spending a little more money on something better made, or you’ll need to do a bit of creative tweaking here and there to make them work!

https://jenjoysalldolleduppage.wordpress.com/tag/dolls-barbie-fashionistas-made-to-move-doll-body-comparisons/. (There’s now a Tall and Petite MTM body too but the page is old)

A lot of the current Barbie range of clothing, is, to my mind anyway, absolutely hideous (ruffles and weirdly shapeless dresses for days - whyyyyy?!) but there’s some nice stretchy leggings and tops out there, and many of the Disney Princess dolls have pretty decent dresses if you want something a little more fantastical.

I often rip apart outfits to make my own patterns so I can tweak them where needed!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Yeah, I don't really bother with the cheap barbie stuff, mainly because I am picky about fabrics and materials. If I want to use existing 'doll' clothing, I tend to go for handmade items on Etsy -- usually either made for MTM Barbies or Obitsu dolls.

davidd

davidd
Using "Barbie" clothing for TBLeague doll - Page 2 52133055923_298f5de7ec

The 1985 Barbie Astronaut uniform, other than the boots, fits the TBLeague S36/37 "anime" body fairly well with no modifications.

39Using "Barbie" clothing for TBLeague doll - Page 2 Empty S41a vs Silkstone, Fashion Royalty Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:41 am

Melancholia

I recently purchased an s41a body which I found is the same measurements in bust, waist, and 10mm larger in hips, which should be almost perfect silkstone or Fashion Royalty size.  So I am looking forward to buying all those elegant wonderful outfits!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum