OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT TBLeague 1/6 Spartan Warrior Action Figure [Gold/Black] (PL2022-189A/B)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

GeeWillikers

Nice pics, you've certainly made the dark-haired sculpt look a lot more attractive than TBL could seem to manage to do in their promos. Smile

(I'm certain that it must have been a rough draft they used in those promos, in fact)

Yes, the blonde sculpt is definitely more 'maiden' or 'nobleman's daughter' than 'warrior'.

TravelGuide

Nice review and pics.
GeeWillikers wrote:Nice pics, you've certainly made the dark-haired sculpt look a lot more attractive than TBL could seem to manage to do in their promos. Smile

(I'm certain that it must have been a rough draft they used in those promos, in fact)

Yes, the blonde sculpt is definitely more 'maiden' or 'nobleman's daughter' than 'warrior'.
The blonde looks like she's sad.

Annalise

GubernatorFan wrote:Thanks for the mini review, Annalise. Nice sets, although I can't quite suspend my disbelief, in part for reasons you mention. I do think they have made more attractive heads before.

Thanks GF. I understand. For me it helps that I don't think of them as real Spartans, just vaguely Greco-Roman fantasy warriors. Much more comic book than history book.

Oh fer sure, these are not even top 5 best TBL sculpts. But that's a super-tough bracket that includes all-stars like Nancy in Hell and Narama so how's a poor girl to compete?

GeeWillikers wrote:Nice pics, you've certainly made the dark-haired sculpt look a lot more attractive than TBL could seem to manage to do in their promos.

Thanks. I often wish the promos showed more photos with the helmet off. Sometimes they only give us 2 photos to see the HS.

TravelGuide wrote:Nice review and pics.

Thanks very much kind sir!

Diana

My black Spartan Warrior (I'll call her that and ignore the promotional title) finally arrived. Here are my photos!

I think she does look great next to the (original) Army Commander, though the Commander now looks somewhat trashy next to the new one. Laughing

I think the sculpt may well be the same and if so: Amazing what a paint job can do! When paired together, I don't mind the soft expression of the Warrior anymore. I find it to be quite charming!

I'm looking forward to adding the black Amazon Soldier now. Smile

NEW PRODUCT TBLeague 1/6 Spartan Warrior Action Figure [Gold/Black] (PL2022-189A/B) - Page 3 Img_4413
NEW PRODUCT TBLeague 1/6 Spartan Warrior Action Figure [Gold/Black] (PL2022-189A/B) - Page 3 Img_4411
NEW PRODUCT TBLeague 1/6 Spartan Warrior Action Figure [Gold/Black] (PL2022-189A/B) - Page 3 Img_4412NEW PRODUCT TBLeague 1/6 Spartan Warrior Action Figure [Gold/Black] (PL2022-189A/B) - Page 3 Img_4416
NEW PRODUCT TBLeague 1/6 Spartan Warrior Action Figure [Gold/Black] (PL2022-189A/B) - Page 3 Img_4414
NEW PRODUCT TBLeague 1/6 Spartan Warrior Action Figure [Gold/Black] (PL2022-189A/B) - Page 3 Img_4415
NEW PRODUCT TBLeague 1/6 Spartan Warrior Action Figure [Gold/Black] (PL2022-189A/B) - Page 3 Img_4419
NEW PRODUCT TBLeague 1/6 Spartan Warrior Action Figure [Gold/Black] (PL2022-189A/B) - Page 3 Img_4417
NEW PRODUCT TBLeague 1/6 Spartan Warrior Action Figure [Gold/Black] (PL2022-189A/B) - Page 3 Img_4418

Valiarde

Valiarde
The new one does look better than the old to me, but both are very cool together still Smile
Thnks for the in hand pics

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Wonderful pics Diana!

She's very pretty. Overall the figure is pretty awesome, although her expression is a bit soft. The commander has a more warriorlike expression. But as you said the commander looks a bit trashy next to new figure. I guess she commands from the back and thus doesn't need that much armor.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Beautiful pictures, Diana. I think they definitely belong together. So much so that I kind of get an older sister (Commander)/younger sister (Warrior) vibe.

“Absolutely not. Mother will have my head if she sees you walking around dressed like I am. Or even worse, I’ll have to hear the ‘At least ONE of my daughters is going to carry herself like a proper lady.’ speech again.”

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
They look pretty great together.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Diana’s pics inspired me to bring out my black Spartan Commander. I sometimes forget what a great figure she is. It’s also got me in a TBL Warrior Women frame of mind. As in, “Let’s take a second look at everything I passed on the last 12 months!” Laughing

Diana

Diana
Thank you all for the kind comments. Glad you like the pics! Very Happy

I took a few more of the head sculpt. At first I didn't think it would look right on the S47, because the neck is so thick that the head sat too high. But I could push it down far enough so I now think it does work.

S47B

NEW PRODUCT TBLeague 1/6 Spartan Warrior Action Figure [Gold/Black] (PL2022-189A/B) - Page 3 Img_4426
NEW PRODUCT TBLeague 1/6 Spartan Warrior Action Figure [Gold/Black] (PL2022-189A/B) - Page 3 Img_4428

S23B

NEW PRODUCT TBLeague 1/6 Spartan Warrior Action Figure [Gold/Black] (PL2022-189A/B) - Page 3 Img_4431
NEW PRODUCT TBLeague 1/6 Spartan Warrior Action Figure [Gold/Black] (PL2022-189A/B) - Page 3 Img_4427
NEW PRODUCT TBLeague 1/6 Spartan Warrior Action Figure [Gold/Black] (PL2022-189A/B) - Page 3 Img_4430
NEW PRODUCT TBLeague 1/6 Spartan Warrior Action Figure [Gold/Black] (PL2022-189A/B) - Page 3 Img_4429

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think it does work. And I agree, it is one of their better sculpts for sure, although I think there are a couple I like better.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum