OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your Latest Purchase...

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 40]

101Your Latest Purchase... - Page 5 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:31 am

Melancholia

That's a pretty cool looking character, it would be neat if you could take some outdoor pics of him, he's pretty realistic, it would be interesting to see him in a nature setting.
*edit:  Wow, ended up in the wrong spot for this post.  This was supposed to be a comment on gooboo's post on his new Soldier from Blackop's Toys sale.  My mind is kinda off lately.  Apologies.
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 5 Soldie10

102Your Latest Purchase... - Page 5 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:45 am

m76

I can't believe Hot Toys is cheaping out on us on a close to €400 deluxe figure.

Upon further inspecting the WW84's stand, there is a hidden battery compartment, that is glued shut, and two slots for LED lights on the edges of the stand that can pivot, and a clear marking where the cut out should be for a switch.

This stand was supposed to light up! And all they needed to add for that to work is two LEDs, some wiring and a switch. At a total material cost of about €1. Yet they still decided to not include the electronics in the stand.

I'm really disappointed.

http://madblog.shacknet.us

103Your Latest Purchase... - Page 5 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:51 am

Stryker2011

Founding Father
m76 wrote:I can't believe Hot Toys is cheaping out on us on a close to €400 deluxe figure.

Upon further inspecting the WW84's stand, there is a hidden battery compartment, that is glued shut, and two slots for LED lights on the edges of the stand that can pivot, and a clear marking where the cut out should be for a switch.

This stand was supposed to light up! And all they needed to add for that to work is  two LEDs, some wiring and a switch. At a total material cost of about €1. Yet they still decided to not include the electronics in the stand.

I'm really disappointed.

Nothing surprises me with them anymore.

104Your Latest Purchase... - Page 5 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:17 pm

Stryker2011

Founding Father
These all came today:

(Base bodies with head sculpts only from Black Ops Toys):

Ron came with one pair of attached hands and shoes/feet, that's it:

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 5 Featur11

Xensations The Smuggler (just the body & head):

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 5 18001412

DAMToys PLA Jialong(?) Operation Red Sea (just the body with feet, and head -- no hands). I'll have to add real hair:

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 5 Img_1710

From eBay:

Kurt Russell head sculpt from Hateful 8:

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 5 S-l16139

And these two horses that are going to represent the same animal (to the horse collectors: Is there a way to straighten the hair on the Thoroughbred?)

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 5 Stryke10
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 5 Stryke11

105Your Latest Purchase... - Page 5 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:15 pm

Diana

Diana
Ooh! Good day for you it seems and nice choices! Very Happy
I was tempted by both of those horses, but I decided to not go there. Laughing

106Your Latest Purchase... - Page 5 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:52 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I had one each of those horses but they turned out to be different colors, so not usable for the same horse. Figured black would be easier, and it is — aside from the hair, they could pass for the same horse.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 5 C8485110

107Your Latest Purchase... - Page 5 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:50 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
A great haul, Mark. I hope you got the 30% discount.

108Your Latest Purchase... - Page 5 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:22 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
GubernatorFan wrote:Ah, Otakus... I do remember them. Was going to mention about them being fragile, but you had that covered. Glad to see you getting something that is more than just an acquisition, but will also serve to remind you of our dearly departed DFC.

Thank you GubernatorFan: indeed it's more than just an acquisition for me but rather a nice little memento of DFC.

A few days days ago I also won my second item of DFC,s off eBay. BBI CY Girls Shadow.

BAMComix wrote:
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:
The newest addition to my collection. Triad Toys Otaku 1.2 Female from the late Chung Kim (DeltaForceChung) vast amazing collection!

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 5 2v2aM2tGrxAChVkHosted on Fotki
She arrived yesterday from eBay seller littlemarz (Bruce Zalkin) in Myakka City, Florida.

Many of us old timers who are familiar with older Triad Toys Otaku Female figures will know how absolutely fragile
this figure is. She can and probably will disintegrate just taking her out of her packaging.

So she will remain MIP as long as own her and hopefully she will never end up under some little girls Christmas tree.

I know most people will just consider her another old archaic figure.
But I think she is a beautiful figure and a small piece of DCF's legacy.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 5 2v2aM2tq8xAChVkHosted on Fotki
And now she will be proudly displayed with my other Otaku Female figures.

Nice one! apart from their fragile bodies, they had great faces! and mine are still going strong.

Thank you BAMComix: that's great to hear.

109Your Latest Purchase... - Page 5 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:36 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Great looking acquisitions!

110Your Latest Purchase... - Page 5 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:23 am

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
I received a figure I’ve been wanting for a bit now and it’s one that also came from Chung’s collection.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 5 81085110
Soosootoys Batlady sixth scale figure

My second Soosootoys product and it’s even more impressive than the Night Vigilante figure. Her costume is a little tight allowing for less range of movement, but it could also be due to her base figures abilities.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 5 Dd816010
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 5 609c0510
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 5 F31ea210

Both headsculpts appear to be compatible with the TBLeague figure but I haven’t checked the boots to see if they’re pegged or socketed. One might ask why buy such a beautiful seamless figure just to fully cover it and honestly it’s because I don’t like seeing the seems of the base figure under the Batwoman outfit.

111Your Latest Purchase... - Page 5 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:42 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
She looks good. Glad DFC's memory lives on with another collector.

112Your Latest Purchase... - Page 5 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:33 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice grab. So happy to see more genuine collectors getting Chung’s items.

113Your Latest Purchase... - Page 5 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:21 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
My stand-alone Hot Toys Scout Trooper came today. Decided to put him on the Sideshow Speeder Bike, with his Sideshow buddy.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 5 _dsc3760

And another guest star that arrived the same time. The Exclusive Battle Arena Boba Fett.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 5 _dsc3761

I also received Threezero's Stranger Things Eleven (but I don't plan on using her for that); I'll be adding hair and using her for my Westworld.

114Your Latest Purchase... - Page 5 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:26 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice posing of the scout troopers, they look great together.

115Your Latest Purchase... - Page 5 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:54 am

Diana

Diana
Ahhhh, yes, those troopers look great, and holy cow that was fast with the arena Boba Fett!
Very nicely posed I have to agree. Smile

116Your Latest Purchase... - Page 5 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:22 am

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
I love Scout Troopers. They look especially good, even by Hot Toys’ lofty standards.

117Your Latest Purchase... - Page 5 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:21 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Xavion2004 wrote:I love Scout Troopers.  They look especially good, even by Hot Toys’ lofty standards.

I agree. I don't even mind the couple of minor inaccuracies mentioned in the review.

118Your Latest Purchase... - Page 5 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:06 pm

csyeung

csyeung
Looks awesome Mark. The arena BF looks great too!!

119Your Latest Purchase... - Page 5 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:15 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Thanks, All. It was fun to give the Scouts a bit more character rather than the usual "all business" "generic cannon fodder" that they usually are presented as. And yeah, the Arena Fett is a pretty cool looking figure (may not stay as a "Fett" though, unless he's Jordi Fett, Boba's cousin, to appear in my Strykerverse).

120Your Latest Purchase... - Page 5 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:20 pm

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
From Chung’s collection.  It seemed fitting since we were both CyGirls fans and Aska here was a mutual favorite from the line.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 5 Ed652610

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 5 4d0fff10

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 5 4bd2bb10

This is the first CyGirl I’ve repurchased since getting back into 1/6th, and that’s because she has quite a few things going for her compared to most other CyGirls.  One is her face and hair style.  It’s subjective of course, but I think she’s the most beautiful of all the CyGirls.  Only Electra really comes close in my book.  The second is her costume.  Aside from being different and unique,  unlike most other CyGirls, there’s a minimum amount of pleather involved, and like most other 1/6 figures, CyGirl pleather has not held up well.  At best, it’s hit or miss, regardless of if the figure is MIB or loose.

Aska here held up pretty well.  The only issues I had are that the rubber band around the top knot of her ponytail had completely disintegrated (replaced with a spare Tifa hair tie) and the knee pads which were glued to her “boot sleeves” fell off the minute I brushed against them while putting her back in the box (reattached with Gorilla Glue).

Hard to believe what $25 dollars would buy you in the 1/6 world 18 years ago.

121Your Latest Purchase... - Page 5 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:42 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice grab, Tom. Glad to see you were able to get her,

122Your Latest Purchase... - Page 5 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:46 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Great repurchase, Tom, glad you managed to get her, and that she is in such good shape. Indeed, what a difference in pricing!

123Your Latest Purchase... - Page 5 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:06 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
These two came in today (don’t have the time to put them together). Doc’s hat comes off, but there’s really no point as it is carved up at the top to fit the hat. At least Wyatt comes with two sculpts (wish they had done that for Doc as well).

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 5 4c10db10
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 5 F28b6310

124Your Latest Purchase... - Page 5 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:45 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very nice. Are they as good as the prototypes?

125Your Latest Purchase... - Page 5 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:09 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Actually, yeah. The Wyatt doesn’t look exactly like Kurt, but then the prototype doesn’t really, either. The Doc is pretty good — the likeness is there. They both come with some nice items for cheap bootleg figures, but much of it is tiny (like pocket watches, which I haven’t had time to mess with).

126Your Latest Purchase... - Page 5 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:12 pm

davidd

davidd
Latest purchases... or latest re-discoveries:

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 5 September13

I found a couple of unopened parcels while I was cleaning out under my work table today. I think I kind of remember what is probably in them: bodies and parts for a project I was enthusiastic about a few months ago in which I have now almost completely lost interest. I suppose I should open up the shipping cartons to be sure. I'll get around to it one of these days, maybe.

127Your Latest Purchase... - Page 5 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:13 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Sorry to hear, David. Hope you’re not losing interest in the hobby.

128Your Latest Purchase... - Page 5 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:23 pm

davidd

davidd
Stryker2011 wrote:Sorry to hear, David. Hope you’re not losing interest in the hobby.

I am losing interest at the moment, but I suspect it is a temporary lull while I am distracted by real life nonsense.

129Your Latest Purchase... - Page 5 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:02 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
davidd wrote:Latest purchases... or latest re-discoveries:

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 5 September13

I found a couple of unopened parcels while I was cleaning out under my work table today. I think I kind of remember what is probably in them: bodies and parts for a project I was enthusiastic about a few months ago in which I have now almost completely lost interest. I suppose I should open up the shipping cartons to be sure. I'll get around to it one of these days, maybe.

You never know Dave, once you open them, the interest may come flooding back bounce bounce bounce

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum