OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your Latest Purchase...

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 40]

51Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:35 pm

m76

Stryker2011 wrote:The reviews were probably for the REAL Hot Toys version, which I have. Aside from the ugly knees it’s a pretty nice figure. This knock off isn’t even close, but it’s acceptable if you want a cheap alternative.
No, I meant the reviews on aliexpress for this exact seller.

http://madblog.shacknet.us

52Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:09 pm

Stryker2011

Founding Father
m76 wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:The reviews were probably for the REAL Hot Toys version, which I have. Aside from the ugly knees it’s a pretty nice figure. This knock off isn’t even close, but it’s acceptable if you want a cheap alternative.
No, I meant the reviews on aliexpress for this exact seller.

Ahh, my mistake.

53Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:17 pm

Melancholia

Mr. Melancholia is pretty darn awesome too... what a dilemma! I've seen a dress for sale on one of the toystore websites from Westworld that would fit in your world perfectly. I'll see if I can find it. If you're aware of the show it's the blue dress with petticoats the robot blonde farmgirl wears.

54Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:18 pm

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Just received three figures in today:

Hot Toys: WandaVision -- Vision (never got the Avengers version). Pretty cool looking.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 276810

Threezero: Game of Thrones - Jorah Mormont (already popped the head off to use for my Western stuff, as the rest is going to my main villain for my wife's book characters).

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Threez22

CooModel: Legends of Empire - Priesthood of the Holy War (standard edition)

This guy is pretty cool looking. Broke everything down and stripped him down to his undershirt -- no pants -- as I needed an old dude for my Western stuff. I can use the small cross on a chain for another character (this wasn't shown in any of the promo images), and the staff cross that he has is solid metal and nicely made. He looks just like the promo pics.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 19580311

55Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:20 pm

Diana

Diana
Oooooh, nice deliveries! Fun times! Very Happy

56Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:27 pm

Melancholia

Oh, oh, don't forget the Mina Character from Bram Stokers Dracula that Redman makes. She's befitting of the old west. Hope I'm helping and not hindering...I haven't read through the entire thread...I assume we're talking Old West?
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 20220110

57Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:35 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Yep. Like minds, Meloncholia; already have her — she’s the wife of the Bank President in my Western town.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 C8485110

58Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:57 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very nice new arrivals, Mark.

59Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:57 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Melancholia wrote:Mr. Melancholia is pretty darn awesome too... what a dilemma!  I've seen a dress for sale on one of the toystore websites from Westworld that would fit in your world perfectly.  I'll see if I can find it.  If you're aware of the show it's the blue dress with petticoats the robot blonde farmgirl wears.

Yep. I have both of the Westworld dresses, as well. You can check the photos out in this thread (all the pics were made better by Ovy and csyeung):

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t5896-mark-stryker-old-west-theme-characters

Edited for numerous typos! Jeez, what a moron.

60Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:10 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Nice additions!

61Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty My newest acquisition Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:12 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
The newest addition to my collection. Triad Toys Otaku 1.2 Female from the late Chung Kim (DeltaForceChung) vast amazing collection!

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 2v2aM2tGrxAChVkHosted on Fotki
She arrived yesterday from eBay seller littlemarz (Bruce Zalkin) in Myakka City, Florida.

Many of us old timers who are familiar with older Triad Toys Otaku Female figures will know how absolutely fragile
this figure is. She can and probably will disintegrate just taking her out of her packaging.

So she will remain MIP as long as own her and hopefully she will never end up under some little girls Christmas tree.

I know most people will just consider her another old archaic figure.
But I think she is a beautiful figure and a small piece of DCF's legacy.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 2v2aM2tq8xAChVkHosted on Fotki
And now she will be proudly displayed with my other Otaku Female figures.

62Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:24 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Congrats on getting that. Chung would be happy to know that someone who loves female figures as much as him has one of these.

63Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:48 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Stryker2011 wrote:Congrats on getting that. Chung would be happy to know that someone who loves female figures as much as him has one of these.

Thank you Stryker2011: it's a true honor to be able to obtain a little something from DFC's personal collection.

64Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:14 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ah, Otakus... I do remember them. Was going to mention about them being fragile, but you had that covered. Glad to see you getting something that is more than just an acquisition, but will also serve to remind you of our dearly departed DFC.

65Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:20 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
Stryker2011 wrote:Just received three figures in today:

Hot Toys: WandaVision -- Vision (never got the Avengers version). Pretty cool looking.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 276810

Congrats!
If i had the funds, i  would pick this up.
I do have Hot Toys: WandaVision - Scarlet Witch on pre_order.

It makes sense to find a way of picking up Vision, or the white version.
I thought the TV series was great!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

66Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:56 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I thought the WV Wanda had the best version of Elizabeth’s face, but I couldn’t get past the plastic hair.

67Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:28 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
Stryker2011 wrote:I thought the WV Wanda had the best version of Elizabeth’s face, but I couldn’t get past the plastic hair.

I think the sculpted hair looks pretty good..

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 The-scarlet-witch_marvel_gallery_60df912241f5a

68Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:52 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The hair is sculpted nicely, but I despise the sculpted long hair n any figure because you can’t really turn the head much, turning an action figure into a statue.

69Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:33 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
Stryker2011 wrote:The hair is sculpted nicely, but I despise the sculpted long hair n any figure because you can’t really turn the head much, turning an action figure into a statue.

I understand. There are pro's and con's with both. Real hair has to be maintained. Long sculpted hair is fine for museum poses, which i tend to go for.

Hot Toys WandaVision – The Vision TMS037
What happened to the price?
I spotted one today selling new for $127.00 USD which seems crazy low for a new Hot Toys figure.

70Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:54 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I’ll bet it’s a either a bootleg, or you’ll get an empty box from a scammer.

71Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:10 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
Stryker2011 wrote:I’ll bet it’s a either a bootleg, or you’ll get an empty box from a scammer.

ToysWonderland

Hot Toys WandaVision – The Vision TMS037
https://www.toyswonderland.com/product/hot-toys-wandavision-the-vision-tms037-2/

I have used this company located in Japan, and they are not scammers ;D

72Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:18 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Well, it may be worth taking a chance then if you want him. He’s a cool looking figure, and I think looks better than the first version.

73Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:39 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
Stryker2011 wrote:Well, it may be worth taking a chance then if you want him. He’s a cool looking figure, and I think looks better than the first version.

I get paid on Friday. If the deal is still on, then i just might pick him up to pair with Scarlet Witch (which has yet to ship)

74Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:49 pm

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
ukshaun wrote:
Stryker2011 wrote:Well, it may be worth taking a chance then if you want him. He’s a cool looking figure, and I think looks better than the first version.

I get paid on Friday. If the deal is still on, then i just might pick him up to pair with Scarlet Witch (which has yet to ship)
If I order from Japan, I got to pay importduties, which is a significant sum. Might be different for your country, but I thought I'd mention it.

75Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:08 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
TravelGuide wrote:
ukshaun wrote:

If I order from Japan, I got to pay importduties, which is a significant sum. Might be different for your country, but I thought I'd mention it.

Anyone importing to the UK is hit with a 30% import free.
Product + Shipping + Import free Sad

If i can find the item at a very good price, it help's off-set the other fee's (such as import fee's)
Compared to say Sideshow Collectibles, Toys Wonderland often offer Hot Toys at $60.00 less and ship many months sooner.

76Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:17 pm

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
ukshaun wrote:
TravelGuide wrote:
ukshaun wrote:

Sounds like the same as it's here. I thought maybe Brexit could have made a difference for you (I'm assuming you're in the UK), but apparantly it hasn't.

77Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:51 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
TravelGuide wrote:
ukshaun wrote:
TravelGuide wrote:
ukshaun wrote:

Sounds like the same as it's here. I thought maybe Brexit could have made a difference for you (I'm assuming you're in the UK), but apparantly it hasn't.

I am located in the UK
Prior to Brexit, Europe to UK there was no fee. There was a fee from outside of Europe (the US etc)
Now there is also a fee from Europe. I voted to remain. Sadly the small minded people of the UK won the day, and look what is happening now. All sorts of issues with Importing, Travel etc.

78Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:14 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
TravelGuide wrote:
ukshaun wrote:
TravelGuide wrote:
ukshaun wrote:

To add to my previous post. There is no import fee's into the UK on items costing £130.00 ($156.00 USD) or less Smile
There is usually a handling charge, which can be around £10.00 ($12.00 USD) which can be annoying if an item cost £5 for example.

79Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:41 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
BAD WOLF-787 wrote:
The newest addition to my collection. Triad Toys Otaku 1.2 Female from the late Chung Kim (DeltaForceChung) vast amazing collection!

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 2v2aM2tGrxAChVkHosted on Fotki
She arrived yesterday from eBay seller littlemarz (Bruce Zalkin) in Myakka City, Florida.

Many of us old timers who are familiar with older Triad Toys Otaku Female figures will know how absolutely fragile
this figure is. She can and probably will disintegrate just taking her out of her packaging.

So she will remain MIP as long as own her and hopefully she will never end up under some little girls Christmas tree.

I know most people will just consider her another old archaic figure.
But I think she is a beautiful figure and a small piece of DCF's legacy.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 3 2v2aM2tq8xAChVkHosted on Fotki
And now she will be proudly displayed with my other Otaku Female figures.

Nice one! apart from their fragile bodies, they had great faces! and mine are still going strong.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum