OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your Latest Purchase...

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 19 of 40]

451Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:33 am

Valiarde

Stryker2011 wrote:The thing about the blades is they are teeny tiny ball joints — hence the reason they keep falling off, but  most of them are meant to be moved so you can actually pose the “fingers”. Glueing them would actually defeat the purpose.

Ah I had the hopes you could glue the blades to a "peg"
kinda you would glue a full hand onto a peg or a peg to an arm.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Hands10

glue the blades to something NOT moveable. There was a chance Smile

But you pulled it of for the shelf anyway I guess Smile

452Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:24 am

doodlehobby

Stryker2011 wrote:The thing about the blades is they are teeny tiny ball joints — hence the reason they keep falling off, but  most of them are meant to be moved so you can actually pose the “fingers”. Glueing them would actually defeat the purpose.
Ball joints... I would use a bit of plumbers tape and jam into hole and work with it until it holds. Some use clear nail polish on the peg and let dry, test fit and if needed apply another coat.

453Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:15 am

Randam Hajile

Very cool stuff, Doodlehooby and Mark!

I also received quite a few deliveries during the last days... I got the custom Olga Kurylenko-head back from 357Partment, received the Cyberpunk Trickybaby Rainbow-Set from Very Cool, and had the Worldbox AT200 girl body in the mail on Thursday. I combined all these things to this little Cyberpunk assassin...

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 52626620191_7d1a806635_kCyberpunk - VC TrickyBaby by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 52627084558_7e248d66bf_kCyberpunk - VC TrickyBaby by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 52626615071_11b009c291_kCyberpunk - VC TrickyBaby by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 52627096558_545b013d05_kCyberpunk - VC TrickyBaby by Randam Hajile, auf Flickr

454Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:48 am

Stryker2011

Founding Father
NICE! That’s another cool pair, Ralf. And awesome photos as usual.

455Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:44 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
You certainly put them to very good use. And I'm glad to see Taylor is back in business. Smile

456Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:17 pm

doodlehobby

Ok had some more time, so put on the alternate head and arm on Hellboy. Looks menacing enough... though it was difficult to get the spikey arm in. It's sharp and pointy... had to be careful not to impale my hand. It didn't stay in place and did pop off (probably not slotting it in fully due to how difficult it was; needed to use a lot of pressure).

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 52630137859_f9f4208f79_bHB Powered Up by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 52629887771_ca711ca0b0_bHB Claws by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

And I did end up breaking the small plastic tab on his holster. Contacted the retailer to see if they can acquire a replacement part for it. Probably a long shot as I was not too careful with it. Otherwise, I'll probably use a pin vise to drill a hole and pin it.

457Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:05 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
More awesome figures!

458Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:02 am

Diana

Diana
More awesome figures and photos!

Mark, those all look great, but especially Edward. Really nice grab.

Ralf, your cyberpunk stuff always stands out, but this time it is in part due to the superb paint job of your Olya head. Just beautiful! 

Vicky (right?), that Hellboy figure is not my thing, but he sure looks impressive! And your photos communicate the fun you're having with him, which is awesome. Smile

459Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:22 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
These two fellows arrived this morning. Admiral Kirk & Kolinahr Spock from Star Trek: The Motion Picture.
(Just playing around a bit with lighting -- nothing probably too noticeable.)

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 _dsc3910
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 _dsc3911
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 _dsc3912

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 C8485110

460Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:38 pm

m76

m76
I pre-ordered Kirk but it's only cited for Q2 How did you get it already?

Spock already sold out by the time I decided I want it. But that might be a good thing one $300 figure is bad enough for my wallet.

http://madblog.shacknet.us

461Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:53 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
My retailer orders direct from Exo-6, so they bypass the middle man (ie, the distributor, which in this case I think -- but don't quote me -- are those a-holes at Sideshow for folks in North America). I see you are in the EU, so that won't really help you. These guys were big-time limited. I was fortunate to be able to place my order for Spock at the same time as Kirk (even though the actual PO hadn't gone up at the time).

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 C8485110

462Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:11 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
They look very nice, Mark.

463Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:23 pm

Annalise

Annalise
@Randam Hajile - I like what you did with Trickybaby. She looks good like that.

464Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:28 pm

Annalise

Annalise
So hot on the heels of Trickybaby, here comes REE Alice. Sheesh, VC doesn't release anything for months, then Wham! three sets come out all at once.

It's a decent set. The boots are great. I was going to skip her, but of course I couldn't even though I will never see the movie. She will make a good display with Sadie Adler when that releases soon.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 01img_16

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 02img_14

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 03img_14

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 04img_14

Clone shot

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 05img_14

465Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:37 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Wow, that's a lot of cloned Millas. Smile

466Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:05 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Annalise, love them all! top work!

467Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:22 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Ah nice to see in hand pics of that figure. Looks good

468Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:40 am

Diana

Diana
Mark, they look awesome!! I want a classic Spock, but that head sculpt looks amazing. Kirk is looking very sharp, too. Btw, I think the increased blue tones in the last picture take away the focus from the figures and put it on the lighting itself. I like the more subtle lighting of the first image. Smile

Annalise, she looks fabulous! I can definitely see her next to Sadie, and that is one nice collection of Millas. Very Happy

469Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:49 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 20230110
LOADING: Image(s)

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 20230111

Some out of the box shots.. taken using a mobile phone.

Today i received 2 figures in the post. Never in the past has the postman delivered 2 figures at the same time.

(top) Present Toys 1/6 scale The Lawyer (Saul from the TV series Better Call Saul)
(bottom) Asmus Toys 1/6 scale Arwen (in death frock) from Lord of the Rings

Given their price point (way lower than your average Hot Toys figure) both figures are very good, and both ship in boxes feat. good art-work.

The Lawyer includes stand, cup, laptop, bag, business card, news paper, various swap out hands.
Arwen includes table, candles/candle-stand, various swap out hands.

Likeness wise, both The Lawyer and Arwen look like their character counterparts.

Once i find a long-term home for both figures, i will work more on the poses. Arwen's neck could use pushing back slightly.

-

If i wanted to be hyper picky:

Both The Lawyer and Arwen feature loose ankle joints. Under the cloths, neither bodies compare to Hot Toys level bodies or TBLeague level bodies. I am not too bothered, given the lower price points.

The Lawyers shoes look overly plastic, and the right shoe features a scratch. Using wonder-web, i had no choice but to iron the small piece of tie to the rear of the larger front piece of tie, as the small section was facing the wrong way around and sticking out.

Arwen ships with a crotch grabber stand. I fail to see how that can work, given the type of dress Arwen is wearing.

-

I picked up both figures from ToysWonderland
When it comes to ToysWonderland, they can be very slow at shipping out Hot Toys figures. When it comes to other brands, they ship the product out in no time at all. I am not sure what is going on there?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

470Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:14 am

Diana

Diana
They both look great! 
Giving Arwen that stand really is quite silly. I'm guessing you could push the skirt in from behind, but I wouldn't want to risk damaging it that way, even if only on the back. The neck seems a little thick, too, so maybe a body swap is in order? But that dress is beautiful and so is the head. I'd be happy. Smile

471Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:02 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
Diana wrote:They both look great! 
Giving Arwen that stand really is quite silly. I'm guessing you could push the skirt in from behind, but I wouldn't want to risk damaging it that way, even if only on the back. The neck seems a little thick, too, so maybe a body swap is in order? But that dress is beautiful and so is the head. I'd be happy. Smile

The Arwen neck is not perfect. Thickness seems ok. If anything the neck looks on the long side. The portrait and dress look very well done. Arwen has bare feet no shoes. Given they are out of view, i guess it does not matter.

472Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:44 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Fantastic additions!

473Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty Promo pic an reality Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:12 am

ElBundy

ElBundy
Today I received the LongShanJinShu Western Cowboy - Bounty Hunter Cowgirl. I am disappointed. As you can see the head sculpt looks rather weird. Even more annoying: when the PU-leather holster touches the skin on the belly it instantly stains it. In another forum someone called the head sculpt 'cross-eyed atrocity'. Evil or Very Mad

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 52635332028_67eb72f0d6_c Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 52635119649_70249c59c7_c

474Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:49 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
BAMComix wrote:Fantastic additions!

Thanks.

ElBundy wrote:Today I received the LongShanJinShu Western Cowboy - Bounty Hunter Cowgirl. I am disappointed. As you can see the head sculpt looks rather weird. Even more annoying: when the PU-leather holster touches the skin on the belly it instantly stains it. In another forum someone called the head sculpt 'cross-eyed atrocity'. Evil or Very Mad

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 52635332028_67eb72f0d6_c Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 52635119649_70249c59c7_c

She might look better with the hat in place.
I have to agree with the eye issue. They should have atleast made the eye direction the same/similar to the prototype. Something about the prototype that gives me Sin City vibes.

475Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:17 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
Ugh,.,.that does not look like the promos at all. I wonder if all of them are cross eyed or you got extra unlucky here.
hmmm

476Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:57 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Did you check if the scalp is removable and the eyeballs are seperate moveable pieces? Very Happy. Well you could still give her an eyepatch.

477Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:21 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
@ElBundy
I think it is only fair if you place the hat onto her head and tilt the head downwards, like the pose in the promo image. Add some sideways lighting. With the hat in place, it should push the hair downwards and make the figure look better.

I noticed that the other version with long hair also features inward pointing eye's. I get the impression it is intentional.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Logsha10

478Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:23 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
Annalise wrote:So hot on the heels of Trickybaby, here comes REE Alice. Sheesh, VC doesn't release anything for months, then Wham! three sets come out all at once.

It's a decent set. The boots are great. I was going to skip her, but of course I couldn't even though I will never see the movie. She will make a good display with Sadie Adler when that releases soon.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 01img_16

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 02img_14

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 03img_14

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 04img_14

Clone shot

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 05img_14

That's some army!

479Your Latest Purchase... - Page 19 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:47 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Wow, that cowgirl really is disappointing. A reminder about the sometimes (thankfully not quite that extreme) mismatched between prototype/promotional imagery and final product. Sorry for the experience, ElBundy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum