OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your Latest Purchase...

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 40]

476Your Latest Purchase... - Page 20 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:57 pm

Ovy

Did you check if the scalp is removable and the eyeballs are seperate moveable pieces? Very Happy. Well you could still give her an eyepatch.

477Your Latest Purchase... - Page 20 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:21 pm

ukshaun

@ElBundy
I think it is only fair if you place the hat onto her head and tilt the head downwards, like the pose in the promo image. Add some sideways lighting. With the hat in place, it should push the hair downwards and make the figure look better.

I noticed that the other version with long hair also features inward pointing eye's. I get the impression it is intentional.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 20 Logsha10
LOADING: Image(s)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

478Your Latest Purchase... - Page 20 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:23 pm

ukshaun

Annalise wrote:So hot on the heels of Trickybaby, here comes REE Alice. Sheesh, VC doesn't release anything for months, then Wham! three sets come out all at once.

It's a decent set. The boots are great. I was going to skip her, but of course I couldn't even though I will never see the movie. She will make a good display with Sadie Adler when that releases soon.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 20 01img_16

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 20 02img_14

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 20 03img_14

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 20 04img_14

Clone shot

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 20 05img_14

That's some army!

479Your Latest Purchase... - Page 20 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:47 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Wow, that cowgirl really is disappointing. A reminder about the sometimes (thankfully not quite that extreme) mismatched between prototype/promotional imagery and final product. Sorry for the experience, ElBundy.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

480Your Latest Purchase... - Page 20 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:32 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
Stryker2011 wrote:These two fellows arrived this morning. Admiral Kirk & Kolinahr Spock from Star Trek: The Motion Picture.
(Just playing around a bit with lighting -- nothing probably too noticeable.)

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 20 _dsc3910

Those look excellent!

481Your Latest Purchase... - Page 20 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:37 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Gosh, sorry about that cowgirl, Elbundy. A level of discrepancy is expected, but that sculpt in particular looks nothing like the promo. The eyes really are crossed.... so distracting. :/

Annalise's Alice figure looks good though!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

482Your Latest Purchase... - Page 20 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:45 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I received the Verycool REE Alice, and both Longshan Cowgirl figures. I think the Alice figure looks better in hand than I expected. The Longshan figures are a bit disappointing, as presented. The guns, holsters, hats, are nice. Not sure about the rest. The Alice body sort of sucks, and she has tiny hands, but overall it looks good.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 20 C8485110

483Your Latest Purchase... - Page 20 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:09 pm

csyeung

csyeung
Ack, that sucks about the leather staining on the longshan figures. =(. What's the hat made out of, I'd be careful of that too, as it may stain your headsculpts.

484Your Latest Purchase... - Page 20 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:09 am

Diana

Diana
That cowgirl really does look disappointing, but I agree that a fair assessment could only really be made with the head photographed at a similar angle as the promo images. When the eyes point upwards then the head is made to look good when tilted down. 
The staining is annoying, but can be rectified with some effort, so that's not a total loss. Shirt and holster look nice. Smile

485Your Latest Purchase... - Page 20 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:37 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
Diana wrote:That cowgirl really does look disappointing, but I agree that a fair assessment could only really be made with the head photographed at a similar angle as the promo images. When the eyes point upwards then the head is made to look good when tilted down. 
The staining is annoying, but can be rectified with some effort, so that's not a total loss. Shirt and holster look nice. Smile

I considered picking up the other version with brown outfit and longer hair. Now i am unsure weather to proceed. I assume these have shipped recently, as i have failed to find any images other than the official images.

486Your Latest Purchase... - Page 20 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:59 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
My latest purches from december:
I already forgot which tbleague body that was.  Smile  It ws one of the few coming with the shorts and special hands for ""special"" uses lol  M31 maybe?

And a Brad Pitt head I painted and modified with hair (still not 100% on the modern hair gel hairstyle) the skin color is a better fit on the ZC body I also bought, but the hand peg already broke (need to fix it later) and while I really like the upper torso it is very weak standing on its own. Not a great body imo

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 20 Jjm6QJ9h

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 20 Ip2DmGLh

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 20 WI5euGgh

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 20 4a3evihh

487Your Latest Purchase... - Page 20 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:08 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
He looks good on his M32.

488Your Latest Purchase... - Page 20 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:12 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Ah M32 okay thank you Smile

489Your Latest Purchase... - Page 20 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:12 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
Great looking head sculpt.
The tbleague body would be ideal for a 007 character.

490Your Latest Purchase... - Page 20 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:03 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yes, definitely M32 - you can tell by the shape of the body and by the trunks.
I agree, excellent mod. If you mix some conditioner and water and apply with a cotton swab to the hair, you can get it to do whatever you want (you could also immerse it in that, but too much might create an overly wet look, with the hair becoming too "condensed" and stuck together).
You can always do a slight repaint on the bulk of the skin to bring it closer to the M32 skin tone.

491Your Latest Purchase... - Page 20 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:40 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
Thank you for the very helpful tips with the conditioner, will try it!

And Im quiet happy how i painted his skin color Smile trying to change it again for the m32 is too risky for me at this point. I will use it on the ZC or find a dressed look for him...unless i want him for cool beach scenes like you often do Ian, maybe i change my mind then Smile

492Your Latest Purchase... - Page 20 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:09 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:Thank you for the very helpful tips with the conditioner, will try it!

And Im quiet happy how i painted his skin color Smile trying to change it again for the m32 is too risky for me at this point. I will use it on the ZC or find a dressed look for him...unless i want him for cool beach scenes like you often do Ian, maybe i change my mind then Smile
LOL. You're welcome. Until you hear my next suggestion. Get a second head and paint that. Smile If I like a head well enough and if I need to modify it but find it cheap enough, I'd buy a second one.

493Your Latest Purchase... - Page 20 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:13 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
GubernatorFan wrote:
Valiarde wrote:Thank you for the very helpful tips with the conditioner, will try it!

LOL. You're welcome. Until you hear my next suggestion. Get a second head and paint that. Smile If I like a head well enough and if I need to modify it but find it cheap enough, I'd buy a second one.

Razz actually...
actually...yeah I think I might do it, this head is nice to work with so yeah drunken stock unpainted heads are always kinda cheap so this should be a no brainer lol. This board is great for spending your money well Laughing thanks!

494Your Latest Purchase... - Page 20 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:15 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Valiarde wrote:Razz actually...
actually...yeah I think I might do it, this head is nice to work with so yeah  drunken  stock unpainted heads are always kinda cheap so this should be a no brainer lol. This board is great for spending your money well  Laughing  thanks!
Always happy to help, buddy! Smile Actually, with your skill and imagination, there is no way this would not be a sound investment!

495Your Latest Purchase... - Page 20 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:37 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
@Craig, the hat is probably plastic covered in soft felt, but yeah, I’m worried about the staining. I’ve tried treating the leather holsters, but damn do those things leech color. I’m worried about the “design” coming off from the soaking they’re getting. The upside of the Cowgirls is the bodies are clearly TBL.

Man, that’s a really cool Brad Pitt sculpt. Excellent mods on him.

496Your Latest Purchase... - Page 20 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:52 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Well, no amount of treatment I have done has worked in the slightest on the Longshan holsters that came with the Cowgirls. Those things leech dye like crazy. I’d be afraid to even put these things on over clothing. What a massive waste of money these things are. I guess I can use the bodies — maybe I’ll experiment with coloring them.

497Your Latest Purchase... - Page 20 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:45 pm

csyeung

csyeung
Stryker2011 wrote:Well, no amount of treatment I have done has worked in the slightest on the Longshan holsters that came with the Cowgirls. Those things leech dye like crazy. I’d be afraid to even put these things on over clothing. What a massive waste of money these things are. I guess I can use the bodies — maybe I’ll experiment with coloring them.

Ack, that sucks! I've never tried, but would a fixative or sealent/coating help?

498Your Latest Purchase... - Page 20 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:54 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
Stryker2011 wrote:Well, no amount of treatment I have done has worked in the slightest on the Longshan holsters that came with the Cowgirls. Those things leech dye like crazy. I’d be afraid to even put these things on over clothing. What a massive waste of money these things are. I guess I can use the bodies — maybe I’ll experiment with coloring them.

It does not bode well for the company. I have zero knowledge of their history.
I would still like to see the figures dressed up and posed, just to see how they turned out.
There is a shot of one of the figures in a previous post, but the hat and holsters are not in place.

499Your Latest Purchase... - Page 20 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:10 pm

Spartan06

Spartan06
Great grabs everyone!  Lots of good things being delivered this month. Stryker and ElBundy - sorry about the problems with the Cowgirls!

Annalise, really good pics of Alice!  I received mine today and posted a couple of quick cell phone shots on her New Product page. Also, I can't believe you put together 12 of your gun girls since Black Friday sales went up.  I'm still working on my army, but here are a few quick pics of the ones sitting on my desk.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 20 Ms_spe11
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 20 Ms_spe12
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 20 Acu_ca15
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 20 Acu_ca14

Here are a few more along with my first, the TBL Silver Spartan.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 20 Group_10
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 20 Seal_c10
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 20 Seal_c11

500Your Latest Purchase... - Page 20 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:58 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
Spartan06 wrote:Great grabs everyone!  Lots of good things being delivered this month.  Stryker and ElBundy - sorry about the problems with the Cowgirls!

Annalise, really good pics of Alice!  I received mine today and posted a couple of quick cell phone shots on her New Product page. Also, I can't believe you put together 12 of your gun girls since Black Friday sales went up.  I'm still working on my army, but here are a few quick pics of the ones sitting on my desk.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 20 Group_10

Neat.
The figure on the left could use a hair brush, or maybe she is supposed to look slightly scruffy? Very Happy

501Your Latest Purchase... - Page 20 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:11 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
A couple items came in over the last couple days. Received a head sculpt of Timothy Olyphant back from Musmuskalis (Eric) -- I'm a bit disappointed in the 3D printing that shows up through the paint -- the same thing happened with my Olga head sculpt (not enough primer used, I guess, or the sanding process wasn't all that great). Also received a couple custom items for Olga (a custom request made b Aurora of AtelierTeaorama on Etsy; I think she did a fantastic job on the fur coat and the dress). The shoes are the wrong type and color, but finding shoes that are closer in approximation to what she wore has proved fruitless. I'm very disappointed in the MT Toys Hitman figure (of which I used everything seen here but the head sculpt; the clothes seem to have been made for a taller body even -- except the pants; and that damn tie won't lay flat, even with double-sided tape) -- the body is, as usual, a floppy mess, and WAY too short. Olga is practically the same height as him in her heels, when she was about 6" shorter -- though considerably shorter heels were worn.

Anyway...

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 20 _dsc3913
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 20 _dsc3914
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 20 _dsc3915
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 20 _dsc3918
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 20 _dsc3917
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 20 _dsc3916
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 20 _dsc3919
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 20 _dsc3920

502Your Latest Purchase... - Page 20 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:08 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Cool additions Mark!

503Your Latest Purchase... - Page 20 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:52 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I think you are more aware of the imperfections than us, and they look very nice together.

504Your Latest Purchase... - Page 20 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:20 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
The Olga head sculpt looks excellent. Her red dress fits perfectly.
I am assuming you are using a pale body. Maybe a suntan body might work better, or would it be too dark?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum