OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your Latest Purchase...

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 33 of 40]

801Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:07 pm

Diana

Aaaah, ni e Imperial Guardian. Can't really go wrong with TBLeague. She looks great! Very Happy

802Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Sep 03, 2023 3:11 pm

Stryker2012

Founding Father
Nice figure, Kyuzo. Nicely photographed.

803Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:18 am

BAMComix

Great addition!

804Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:50 am

skywalkersaga

That figure looks beautiful in your lighting, kyuzo!

Today my Hot Toys Attack of the Clones R2-D2 finally arrived!!!! Had been waiting for him for ages due to a shipping error, but thankfully he appeared safe and sound on my doorstep this afternoon.

I have a dog client arriving any moment so sadly I can't unbox him and play with him, but it's something to look forward to.... :')

805Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:46 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Today my Hot Toys Attack of the Clones R2-D2 finally arrived!!!! Had been waiting for him for ages due to a shipping error, but thankfully he appeared safe and sound on my doorstep this afternoon.

I have a dog client arriving any moment so sadly I can't unbox him and play with him, but it's something to look forward to.... :')
May your R2-D2 (and the rest of your collection) always be safe from those pesky dog clients! Smile

806Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:17 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:Today my Hot Toys Attack of the Clones R2-D2 finally arrived!!!! Had been waiting for him for ages due to a shipping error, but thankfully he appeared safe and sound on my doorstep this afternoon.

May your R2-D2 (and the rest of your collection) always be safe from those pesky dog clients! Smile

Ha, well, all my Hot Toys are kept upstairs behind multiple closed doors, where dogs are not allowed. So hopefully that won't be an issue. Razz

I'm just impatient to 'play' with this R2 because I've never owned an R2-D2 figure that lights up and makes sounds before. Feel like a little kid with how excited I am over it. Laughing

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

807Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:57 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:
Ha, well, all my Hot Toys are kept upstairs behind multiple closed doors, where dogs are not allowed. So hopefully that won't be an issue. Razz

I'm just impatient to 'play' with this R2 because I've never owned an R2-D2 figure that lights up and makes sounds before. Feel like a little kid with how excited I am over it. Laughing
I hope it is everything you hoped for. I love the Sideshow version, but all the compartments open far too easily, which can get a little disconcerting as one handles it. I'm sure Hot Toys must have improved on some of the functionality.

808Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:00 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Congrats, S. Once the pup is gone, think of how happy you’ll be once you open it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 1f10

809Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:05 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
@kyuzo2802 Congrats on the Casca pick up.
Out of interest, what is the figure you use for your current avatar, showing someone with an oversize (space?) helmet.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

810Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:10 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
@MeMyself&I Very life-like looking military figures.

I know OneSixthFigures forum (..and similar forums) are no place for politics, but i have to admit, given what is going on in the world (Russia, Ukraine, Iran, US, UK, Europe, North Korea) - unpleasant stuff being played out like some sort of video game, i have started to feel queasy at the sight of those in military uniform.

811Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:13 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 20230910

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 20230911
LOADING: Image(s)

A 1/6th figure from the past, i picked up recently by Sideshow Collectibles
I am not 100% sure of the correct title for the figure.

The box is printed with the words:
THE DEAD

Attached to the box is a sticker featuring the words:
BIOHAZARD
Subject 1025
CASE No.: 030608 - 30070508

There is a 2nd black and gold sticker featuring the words:
SIDESHOW EXCLUSIVE

This version of the character was a Spooktacular Exclusive
For those that do not know, Spooktacular is an annual online Halloween event held by Sideshow Collectibles. Myself, i followed that kind of thing when Susan worked at the company. Since her departure, the even has not been quite the same.

-

Here is the original looking figure for a comparison:
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Dsc00411

812Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:52 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 20230915

Cobra, Marion Cobretti 1/6th figure from Sly Stallone Shop

Finally, after spending much time travelling the globe and being held in customs, Cobra, Marion Cobretti arrived, and what a figure he is!
As with the John James Rambo figure, the quality is high, the same in fact.

Some out of the box shots taken using a Samsung S22 (phone)
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t5841p120-ukshaun-s-random-pics#103346

813Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:32 am

kyuzo2802

kyuzo2802
ukshaun wrote:@kyuzo2802 Congrats on the Casca pick up.
Out of interest, what is the figure you use for your current avatar, showing someone with an oversize (space?) helmet.

Thank you and everyone else. Love seeing others' recent acquisitions myself.

It's a 1/6 GK called 'Duchess' depicting a cosmonaut based on the art of Derek Stenning. Wonderful kit, you can see more pics in the link:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t12p660-osf-member-introductions#

814Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:36 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
kyuzo2802 wrote:
ukshaun wrote:@kyuzo2802 Congrats on the Casca pick up.

Thank you and everyone else. Love seeing others' recent acquisitions myself.

It's a 1/6 GK called 'Duchess' depicting a cosmonaut based on the art of Derek Stenning. Wonderful kit, you can see more pics in the link:

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t12p660-osf-member-introductions#

Thanks for the link. I assumed it was a figure. Statues are cool also Smile

815Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:37 pm

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
I picked up WolfKing Skull Throne a few months ago.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 ADA01-viHosted on Fotki
Ada Loves it.  I love you She finally found the prestige she be looking for.

816Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:56 am

csyeung

csyeung
Ada looks glorious in it! Nice grab!

817Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:38 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
That throne looks awesome!

818Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:15 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
@BAD WOLF-787 The figure and throne work very well together.

819Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:19 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Great shot, Wolf!

820Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:25 am

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
That is a cool throne, and Ada looks right at home on that beast.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

821Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:08 am

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
csyeung wrote:Ada looks glorious in it! Nice grab!

BAMComix wrote:That throne looks awesome!

ukshaun wrote:@BAD WOLF-787 The figure and throne work very well together.

GubernatorFan wrote:Great shot, Wolf!

Stryker2012 wrote:That is a cool throne, and Ada looks right at home on that beast.

Thank you guys for the nice comments, it's very much appreciated!

I'm now in the process reassembling Ada's office just to see how that chair will look in it. Very Happy cheers

822Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:44 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Thrones are often cool to present figures. This is no exception. Also want to add more to my collection.

Nice shot

823Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:23 am

BAD WOLF-787

BAD WOLF-787
Valiarde wrote:Thrones are often cool to present figures. This is no exception. Also want to add more to my collection.

Nice shot

Thank you, Valiarde.

824Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:11 am

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
Recent orders:

DRAGON ACTION FIGURE

Weapon Collection - MP5K PDW Submachine Gun (Black)

Weapon Collection - 5,56mm Light Machine Gun (Sand)

Weapon Collection - 5,56mm Light Machine Gun (Black)

Weapon Collection - SR-25 Mod0 Sniper Rifle (Black)

Weapon Collection - Caliber 50 M82A1 Anti-Materiel Sniper Rifle (Black)

Weapon Collection - Caliber 50 M82A1 Anti-Materiel Sniper Rifle (Sand)

Weapon Collection - Sterling SMG Submachine Gun (Black)

HK UMP 45 Assault Rifle (Noir)

BBK

Special Force - Dark Knight Sniper Laila

825Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:01 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Managed to finally find several parted-out 1/6 lightsabers (and one Darksaber) that have been on my wishlist for ages. Might not seem like a big deal, but it's at least one step closer to finishing certain WIP projects at least...

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

826Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:16 am

valentin

valentin
There was some budgeting issues with the earlier 1/6 endor bunker.... there wasn't enough filament, since the roof used up 6kg of it(6 reels of it).

Thus during the recent online sales.... I spied a more budget filament... just 1 kg, or 1 reel of it.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Photo_35

Now, I just need to save up for 3kg more of the same colour, and black, to complete the emperor's throne room in 1/6.

827Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:13 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Managed to finally find several parted-out 1/6 lightsabers (and one Darksaber) that have been on my wishlist for ages. Might not seem like a big deal, but it's at least one step closer to finishing certain WIP projects at least...

That’s cool. Congrats.

valentin wrote:There was some budgeting issues with the earlier 1/6 endor bunker.... there wasn't enough filament, since the roof used up 6kg of it(6 reels of it).

Thus during the recent online sales.... I spied a more budget filament... just 1 kg, or 1 reel of it.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Photo_35

Now, I just need to save up for 3kg more of the same colour, and black, to complete the emperor's throne room in 1/6.

That’s awesome. I wonder, could you cast those in resin and sell them…?

828Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:12 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
That looks excellent. I have two versions of it, but neither one completely does it justice.

829Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:02 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Billie10

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 33 Billie11

Dr Who - Rose Tyler 1/6 figure by Big Chief Studios

Arrived today Smile

The two images above represents a quick out of the box snap-shot making use of the thick sturdy backdrop that ships with the figure.
To be honest, in the future, when i find a home for Rose Tyler, the backdrop will probably not be used.
Please excuse the somewhat wooden pose. For the moment, i do not know what pose to aim for?

In person the portrait looks pretty decent. The likeness to Billie Piper is there.
Quite why Big Chief choose to opt to have teeth on show remains a mystery, as mouth closed would have worked better.

In person the hair looks ok. Big Chief reported at the time that there was an issue with the hair casting.
From what i can see, there are two small casting issues at the front. Not as bad as i was expecting.

The neck, which appears to be made from a silicone type material lacks any features, and the color fails to match the portrait.
The neck on my Rose Tyler appears to have a mark/defect on the front. Compared to a Hot Toys figure, Big Chief failed slightly.

The purple pleather jacket does the job, although the sleeves could have been longer (to hide the wrists)
How long the pleather will last remains mystery.
Why do they insist on using zips with large out of scale zip-pulls?

The purple t-shirt should possibly feature a larger neck. Other than that, it does the job.

The black denim flared pants/trousers are decent enough.

The black boots, made from a softish plastic do the job - nothing too special.

In total Rose has 8 hands available. The hands look decent enough. Not InArt level, better than some hands i have seen. There appears to be some paint on them, rather than simply being unpainted plastic.

Accessories include:
4x wrist pegs.
Silver necklace with silver key (to the Tardis)
Mobile phone - looks ok. The phone screen is simply silver reflective.
Dimension cannon - this looks decent.
Large SP:132 pump-action gun (plastic) complete with adjustable shoulder strap.
Parts of the gun feature some good weathering.

The figure ships with a Hot Toys style 6 sided back with crotch grabber.
The surface of the base is covered with a reflective finished featuring the words 'BAD WOLF.' (the base illuminates)

Other than the neck and upper body, which feels soft, the rest of the body appears to be made from hard plastic.
The joints seem stiff, which is good, as the only other Big Chief figure in my collection (007 Sean Connery) features the loosest joints in my whole 1/6th collection.

All in all a decent enough figure, that is a level below a typical Hot Toys figure.

I think it is safe to assume that this just be the first and last time we see Billie Piper in figure form.
I am not aware of any 3rd party figures?

-

Today i found this:
Darren Carnall - brining collectibles to life

Rose Tyler
https://darrencarnall.com/gallery/rose-tyler/

Darren has taken Rose Tyler's portrait paint app to another level.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 33 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum