OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pre-Orders -- How bad is the damage report?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

collectorofmany

Stryker2012 wrote:Collectorofmany, that’s a great list. I’m envious of anyone who can afford Jazzinc vehicles — but, WOW! Two of them?! Awesome. Did you also get the amazing 66 Batmobile?

I appreciate that, especially coming from such a heavy hitter like yourself! It’s crazy to think that while I’ve had sixth scale figures in my collection for the past 8 years (double-checked, it’s been 11) or so, it wasn’t until a couple years ago that I got heavily re-invested in the scale, and all of the items on my preorder list began less than a year ago!

Regarding the vehicles, I was originally just going to wait for the reissued Hot Toys 1989 Batmobile, but once I saw Joost and co’s dedication to accuracy and detail I was totally on board, even if the price is double that of the Hot Toys. Those 15 month payment plans definitely make them more digestible. While you may be envious of me, I’m envious of my local collector friend who has the Jazzinc 89 Batwing, the same two I’ve preordered and the 2022 Batmobile preordered! As far as the 66 Batmobile, while I do have an affinity for the 66 series since I watched it on reruns as a kid, Keaton is MY Batman, so that’s where I’m focusing my efforts. Sure would love that Batwing, but the crazy high price and the fact it’s sold out will prevent that.

skywalkersaga

collectorofmany - I love that you clearly have a very specific interest, makes me feel less alone for being so myopically focused on my own.  Pre-Orders -- How bad is the damage report? - Page 3 1f605

Diana
- that's a very nice list, I share your fears about pre-orders coming out too close together, but that's why I'm trying to do payment plans for as many of them as possible. The only one I'm truly concerned about is the INART Aragorn, because I didn't realise it could be coming out as soon as , well... any moment? ( Does anyone know more specifically when it is expected to arrive, because I don't want to be caught off guard. Shocked )

Valiarde
-- yeah I am always curious what others like to collect, whether it's more generalised in scope or super niche.

TravelGuide

I'm up to two:
Figma Sumire Uesaka, was supposed to be released this month, but is postponed till january.

I preordered a 1/7 statue of Megumin (anime opening edition). I just love the colors in that one.
Pre-Orders -- How bad is the damage report? - Page 3 Megumi10

collectorofmany

Just added another to my list as the preorder window for the upgrade is soon up.

Mars Toys MAT020 School Badass (Biff from BTTF)

That’s back up to 7 figures on preorder.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
My open preorders:

- Q4 2023 GAMETOYS GT007 (L from Death Note - DEPOSIT ONLY)
- Q4 2023 GAMETOYS GT008 (Light Yagami from Death Note - DEPOSIT ONLY)
- Q4 2023 GAMETOYS GT009 (Tifa from Final Fantasy - DEPOSIT ONLY)

I’ve slowed down tremendously over the past two years.  That Tifa preorder was placed in July, and the Death Note preorders were placed a year ago.  I don’t think I’ve placed any preorders outside of Tifa in 2023. It’s nothing dramatic.  I’m just more of a 1/12 collector at heart.   Buy it, display it, store it.  I still enjoy all of the creativity here on the forum, though.  I don’t think that will ever change.

lurpdog101

lurpdog101
Mine not as large as others, but still enough, possibly more than enough

2 x DAM Gulf War SAS team leader
2 x DAM Gulf War SAS gunner guy
Hot Toys Ahsoka
Hot Toys Sabine Wren
Hot Toys Chopper
Hot Toys Hera

https://www.hellblazerbiz.com

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Xavion, there's nothing wrong with being primarily into 1/12. Since this is a 1/6 focused site, it may seem like you're the odd one out, but everyone needs to just do what they are most passionate about and what fits their collection best! You do you, we're just glad you're still sticking around. Smile

And lurpdog, that seems a big enough list -- my own is far TOO long, I've had to cancel some recently. :/

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
skywalkersaga wrote:Xavion, there's nothing wrong with being primarily into 1/12. Since this is a 1/6 focused site, it may seem like you're the odd one out, but everyone needs to just do what they are most passionate about and what fits their collection best! You do you, we're just glad you're still sticking around. Smile

Thank you, I appreciate that!

Looking at my list, I’m realizing the other reason I’ve slowed way down on 1/6 purchases. Those three figures, including the deposits, are 820 USD…and I went with the cheaper option on the Death Note bodies.   Egads!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Xavion2004 wrote:

Looking at my list, I’m realizing the other reason I’ve slowed way down on 1/6 purchases.  Those three figures, including the deposits, are 820 USD…and I went with the cheaper option on the Death Note bodies.   Egads!

I completely feel your pain! The 1/6 hobby has priced me out, too, I'm just too stubborn to admit it and fully give up yet, lol. I just can't wait til my long-planned line-up is completed and then I can stop worrying so much about PO's and just focus on having fun with the dioramas and photoshoots, etc.

Diana

Diana
Ugh. Update time.

Kurt and Luke have arrived. Photos to follow soon.
BUT SEVEN new orders added.  affraid

- Q4 2023: VERYCOOL 1/12 Cyberpunk Trickybaby (ARRIVED)
- Q4 2023: JXK Arctic Wolf
- Q4 2023: GAMETOYS L and Light (DEPOSIT ONLY)
- Q4 2023: INART Aragorn Premium Edition (DEPOSIT ONLY)
+ Q1 2024: POPTOYS Olympus Aries Warrior
+ Q1 2024: POPTOYS Olympus Scorpio Warrior 
+ Q1 2024: POPTOYS Olympus Aries Diorama 
+ Q1 2024: POPTOYS Olympus Scorpio Diorama
- Q1 2024: BROTOYS 1/12 Female Samurai
- Q1 2024: AUG TOYS Paul Atreides in Distillation Suit
- Q1 2024: NOUNKEY The Wife Deluxe
+ Q2 2024: VERYCOOL VCD01 Seamless Female Body Mid Bust
- Q2 2024: HOT TOYS Mace Windu
- Q3 2024: HOT TOYS Daredevil (She-Hulk)
+ Q2 2024: PDTOYS S1.1 Seamless Female Body
- Q4 2024: PLAYTOY Fighting Goddess
+ Q1 2025: HOT TOYS: Ahsoka (white)

Plus one head, 2 display busts and 2 dark TBL bodies.

Gonna let go of
- VTOYS X 6INCH+ 1/12 Shadow Ninja (Unboxed set of 3)
- POPTOYS Bloody Shaman Aphaia Dead flag WH003 (unboxed)
- HOT HEART FD010 Dark Warrior Rescue Uniform (dusty version, unboxed)
- SOOSOOTOYS SST024 Blind Vigilante
- LONGSHAN Trinity (Cyber Killer / Hacker) (SOLD)
- JXK Malinois (SOLD)

and possibly (still hanging on for now)
- HOT TOYS Neo
- Black Widow (Winter Soldier)

lurpdog101

lurpdog101
Xavion2004 wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:Xavion, there's nothing wrong with being primarily into 1/12. Since this is a 1/6 focused site, it may seem like you're the odd one out, but everyone needs to just do what they are most passionate about and what fits their collection best! You do you, we're just glad you're still sticking around. Smile

Looking at my list, I’m realizing the other reason I’ve slowed way down on 1/6 purchases.  Those three figures, including the deposits, are 820 USD…and I went with the cheaper option on the Death Note bodies.   Egads!
Yeah, I have to say my interest in new 1/6 seriously failing due to the rising costs. I'm not even sure how many on my pre order I'll end up getting as worrying on how going to pay for them haha

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Diana wrote:Ugh. Update time.

Kurt and Luke have arrived. Photos to follow soon.
BUT SEVEN new orders added.  affraid

- Q4 2023: VERYCOOL 1/12 Cyberpunk Trickybaby
- Q4 2023: JXK Arctic Wolf
- Q4 2023: GAMETOYS L and Light (DEPOSIT ONLY)
- Q4 2023: INART Aragorn Premium Edition (DEPOSIT ONLY)
+ Q1 2024: POPTOYS Olympus Aries Warrior
+ Q1 2024: POPTOYS Olympus Scorpio Warrior 
+ Q1 2024: POPTOYS Olympus Aries Diorama 
+ Q1 2024: POPTOYS Olympus Scorpio Diorama
- Q1 2024: BROTOYS 1/12 Female Samurai
- Q1 2024: AUG TOYS Paul Atreides in Distillation Suit
- Q1 2024: NOUNKEY The Wife Deluxe
+ Q2 2024: VERYCOOL VCD01 Seamless Female Body Mid Bust
- Q2 2024: HOT TOYS Mace Windu
- Q3 2024: HOT TOYS Daredevil (She-Hulk)
+ Q2 2024: PDTOYS S1.1 Seamless Female Body
- Q4 2024: PLAYTOY Fighting Goddess
+ Q1 2025: HOT TOYS: Ahsoka (white)

Plus one head, 2 display busts and 2 dark TBL bodies.

Gonna let go of
- VTOYS X 6INCH+ 1/12 Shadow Ninja (Unboxed set of 3)
- POPTOYS Bloody Shaman Aphaia Dead flag WH003 (unboxed)
- HOT HEART FD010 Dark Warrior Rescue Uniform (dusty version, unboxed)
- SOOSOOTOYS SST024 Blind Vigilante
- LONGSHAN Trinity (Cyber Killer / Hacker)

and possibly (still hanging on for now)
- HOT TOYS Neo
- Black Widow (Winter Soldier)

I always enjoy seeing your preorder lists. I had to look quite a few of these up, because I haven’t been keeping up with new releases the way I used to.

I just put away the money to cover the final payment on the Death Note figures last week. I’m guessing they’ll hit anytime now. I’ve been sweating that bill since placing the preorder. Laughing

That INART Aragorn looks amazing. I keep hearing that they have a Gal Gadot Wonder Woman.in the works, but I haven’t seen a prototype yet.

What is the Winter Soldier Black Widow preorder you’re hanging onto? Is that a re-release of the Hot Toys version, or something different?

I plan on selling off quite a few of my figures as well, probably after the Holidays. When I first got into 1/6, everything was new to me, and I was like a kid in a candy store. I have a much better idea now of what I want my collection to look like.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
That's an impressive list, Diana.

Diana

Diana
Xavion2004 wrote:I always enjoy seeing your preorder lists.

I love you

Xavion2004 wrote:I just put away the money to cover the final payment on the Death Note figures last week.  I’m guessing they’ll hit anytime now.   I’ve been sweating that bill since placing the preorder.   Laughing

That INART Aragorn looks amazing.  I keep hearing that they have a Gal Gadot Wonder Woman.in the works, but I haven’t seen a prototype yet.

Aragorn I could sort of handle right now, but I really hope L and Light will not be released all that soon, cause I need to sell stuff first.  Neutral

Xavion2004 wrote:What is the Winter Soldier Black Widow preorder you’re hanging onto?  Is that a re-release of the Hot Toys version, or something different?

I plan on selling off quite a few of my figures as well, probably after the Holidays.  When I first got into 1/6, everything was new to me, and I was like a kid in a candy store.   I have a  much better idea now of what I want my collection to look like.

That's BW from 2014 and she was my entry into the 1/6 hobby.  Smile  Sad

Yes, I'm busy streamlining my collection, too. I always intended to keep it small and let go of figures to make room for new ones - my space is small and my finances limited - but it's hard!!! My focus is definitely on the female fantasy warriors, so I absolutely do not want to pass on those Olympian Warriors, but the modern heroes are almost as inspiring to me.

I really want to let go of these material attachments, but the flesh is weak. Laughing I'll either let go of all the modern superhero stuff (Neo, Trinity, The Crow, Black Widow, Daredevil) or get a new display and fully commit to that part of my collection.

Luckily Jedi are perfectly compatible with the fantasy section (and kinda the perfect bridge between the fantasy ladies and the modern heroes, so I spent a few hours yesterday window shopping for displays... Pre-Orders -- How bad is the damage report? - Page 3 1f648 ).

GubernatorFan wrote:That's an impressive list, Diana.

In a good AND bad way. Laughing

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
[removed by user]

Valiarde

Valiarde
skywalkersaga wrote:Updated List:

And while on the subject, does anyone know how soon to expect the INART Aragorn? I took a massive chance on pre-ordering that one, since there's no payment plan or anything as far as I could tell....

It think is to be expected as early as Q2 2024 and will probably take some time to get the later orders in. So it could well be nearly a year for some.
Where did you preorder? With OSK, then you can just message them and pay as much as you want anytime you want. I didn't use that option so far but others did.

Oh and nice list, having things on the way is always a joy. Smile

csyeung

csyeung
I don't think I've preordered much this year, only Sabine and Jinx that I can think of that were recent. I think this year maybe the cowboy and the blue and red spidey from far from home (was that earlier this year?)

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Valiarde wrote:

It think is to be expected as early as Q2 2024 and will probably take some time to get the later orders in. So it could well be nearly a year for some.
Where did you preorder? With OSK, then you can just message them and pay as much as you want anytime you want. I didn't use that option so far but others did.

Yes, I placed the pre-order quite late from OSK. I wasn't aware you could request a payment plan, thanks for letting me know about it!

I don't mind if it's not going to be around for a long while, that actually suits me better. Razz

Valiarde wrote:Oh and nice list, having things on the way is always a joy. Smile

Aw, thanks. And yes, looking forward to it. I still have so much I have not even unboxed yet, hope I can actually get to it sometime in the next decade. Laughing

csyeung

csyeung
Inart usually does their figures in batches and as far as I've seen they are still working on the gandalf orders. I haven't seen any aragorn from any influencers yet who usually tend to get the figures first from inart.

Valiarde

Valiarde
csyeung wrote:Inart usually does their figures in batches and as far as I've seen they are still working on the gandalf orders. I haven't seen any aragorn from any influencers yet who usually tend to get the figures first from inart.

They posted a meesage on facebook and apologized that Q4 2023 will not be possible for Aragorn (I think nobody expected otherwise, but nice of them to tell the customers)

And while they are still shipping Gandalf in batches they do also ship other IA figures same time. So that doesn't mean too much - they COULD start batch 1 Aragorn (for influencers) when they still shipping Gandalf orders Smile

skywalkersaga wrote:[

Aw, thanks. And yes, looking forward to it. I still have so much I have not even unboxed yet, hope I can actually get to it sometime in the next decade. Laughing

And build some nice scenes, dioramas and stories with them Wink I always liked reading your texts with crazy details I never knew from Star Wars Razz

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Valiarde wrote:
And build some nice scenes, dioramas and stories with them Wink  I always liked reading your texts with crazy details I never knew from Star Wars Razz  

The dioramas and storytelling is what I most want to do, and it's eternally frustrating that I'm still so far away from it. Sad  I want to jump straight to the photography stage, but sadly I'm not quite there. I'm just too tired and exhausted for the customising side of the hobby at the moment, not to mention don't have enough dedicated/safe space to work.  But stilll trying to be hopeful for the future....

And ha, glad you liked my SW rants! I am happy to be the resident Prequels-lover. Very Happy

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:
Valiarde wrote:
And build some nice scenes, dioramas and stories with them Wink  I always liked reading your texts with crazy details I never knew from Star Wars Razz  

The dioramas and storytelling is what I most want to do, and it's eternally frustrating that I'm still so far away from it. Sad  I want to jump straight to the photography stage, but sadly I'm not quite there. I'm just too tired and exhausted for the customising side of the hobby at the moment, not to mention don't have enough dedicated/safe space to work.  But stilll trying to be hopeful for the future....

And ha, glad you liked my SW rants! I am happy to be the resident Prequels-lover. Very Happy

I feel you on this. Too many projects… so little time (and energy). Crying or Very sad

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Pre-Orders -- How bad is the damage report? - Page 3 1f10

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2012 wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:

I feel you on this. Too many projects… so little time (and energy). Crying or Very sad

* hugs *

Sorry you're dealing with this frustration, too. It's depressing when you feel like the 'preparation' stage will never end. I hope you can find some time and energy in future.  Pre-Orders -- How bad is the damage report? - Page 3 1f49b

itt

itt
Hmm, good to see so many fellow addicts in here… Doesn’t make me feel so bad. Smile

Let’s see…

-Asmus Toys Bitten Series Johnson
-Asmus Toys Bitten Series Jackson (really looking forward to these. been wanting some nice 1/6 zombies for a long time)
-Damtoys Gangsters Kingdom Augustine Red Skull
-EXO-6 Star Trek Deep Space Nine Quark
-Kaustic Plastic Happy Days Fonzie (Deluxe)(don’t really want the jukebox but I just HAD to have the extra smiling head that only comes with the deluxe version, so….)
-Kaustic Plastic Horror of Dracula white coffin (coffin only)(already bought my Drac before they announced theirs)
-Threezero Berserk Skull Knight
-Threezero FigZero GI Joe Destro
-EXO-6 Star Trek Strange New Worlds Captain Pike
-Yantoys The Boss (The Penguin)
-Soosootoys Prince (not such a huge fan of his music, I just think it would be fun to have a fig of him in my collection — if that makes sense)
-Soosootoys Mr. Ice (Arnie Mr. Freeze chillin’ in bathrobe with ice chair)
-Dragon Dr. Zero aka Mr. Frozen (Arnie Mr. Freeze in full battle armour)

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
itt wrote:Hmm, good to see so many fellow addicts in here… Doesn’t make me feel so bad. Smile

Ha, yes, you're in good company here. Laughing

And that's quite a list! Good luck making your way through it... Smile

Diana

Diana
itt wrote:Hmm, good to see so many fellow addicts in here… Doesn’t make me feel so bad. Smile

Nice one! Excitingly different to mine, but roughly the same length. Definitely in good company. Laughing

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
Xavion2004 wrote:My open preorders:

- Q4 2023 GAMETOYS GT007 (L from Death Note - DEPOSIT ONLY)
- Q4 2023 GAMETOYS GT008 (Light Yagami from Death Note - DEPOSIT ONLY)
- Q4 2023 GAMETOYS GT009 (Tifa from Final Fantasy - DEPOSIT ONLY)

I cancelled all three of these preorders yesterday.  I’m feeling both sad and relieved at the same time.   Even after my deposits, I was looking at 430 USD when the Death Note figures dropped and another 300 USD when Tifa dropped.  It was like waiting for a bomb to go off.

If I only collected 1/6, I probably wouldn’t feel so guilty, but on top of my 1/12 spending, I just can’t.

I’m not getting out of 1/6 completely.  I still have a lot of nice figures that I truly enjoy and appreciate, including the Super Duck Tifa which I still love.  I’m also not opposed to adding to my collection in the future, but I just can’t justify going much higher than 200 USD for a single 1/6 figure anymore, and at today’s prices, that definitely limits the playing field.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Aww, sorry for that. Though if it makes you feel any better, I had to cancel some of mine, too. I may have to cancel more when they come up if things don't look up for me, financially, soon. :/

lurpdog101

lurpdog101
Yeah, I just went and pre-ordered 5 flagset Ukrainian figures...but think means will probably cancel my Hot Toys Ahsoka ones. Will also need to sell off a few bits too

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum