OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pre-Orders -- How bad is the damage report?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Kayla

Stryker2011 wrote:

Not really… silent pale Sad

Yes, with all these temptations to buy, it can sometimes be very difficult to decide.

I understand that well. As a beginner with my collection, 2015, I had very few criteria to choose from - a big problem. It overwhelmed me to choose wisely and for a while I bought way more than was good for me and my budget. So I quickly lost overview. I couldn't photograph that much with the large mass. And then I didn't have a special relationship anymore - everything blurred in a large mass of fashion dolls.

Then my interest in collecting suddenly changed and it took me many years to sell them all again. And built a new collection. And again and again I had to make it a point to orientate myself on criteria and budgets. Don't buy too many again, that doesn't bring more joy either (and only for a short time).

I also think it's nice when you still know all of your characters, maybe even give them your own names and remember them. Don't look it up in an Excel list - then there are probably too many figures.

Maybe a few ideas if you see new releases and actually want to buy this and that:

- First go to your showcases and see what kind of beautiful (and many) figures you already have.
- Appreciate the existing figures, enjoy them again and not just when unpacking them.
- And remember, each new character would take away time to care for, which is missing for the older characters.
- Try to create a special connection to some favorite characters that you do something with again and again - reposition them, redress them, take pictures, maybe stand on the table next to you for a short time etc.

It's just ideas and suggestions. It's only well intentioned. Of course, you decide how you want to design your collection ...

m76

Updated my preorders:

- Flash Gordon Action Figure 1/6 Ming the Merciless (Limited Edition)  / Outstanding since 3/22/2022
- Doomsday killer Collectible Action Figure 1/6 PRESENT TOYS PT-SP34 / 4/28/2022 - arrived a few days ago, will post in the latest purchases thread when I get around to it.
- Toys Works Action Figure 1/6 Guidance / Outstanding since 6/14/2022
- Lim Toys All That Remains 1/12 Action Figures Jol Elly (2-Pack) / 7/7/2022 - Delayed to April 30 2023  Evil or Very Mad
- Star Trek: The Motion Picture Collectible Action Figure 1/6 Admiral James T.Kirk / 11/28/2022
- Star Trek U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 Refit 1/350 Model Kit 86cm / 12/26/2022
- Hot Toys MMS678 Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones Collectible Action Figure 1/6 Padmé Amidala / Added 01/21/2023
- Hot Toys MMS663 Thor: Love and Thunder Collectible Action Figure 1/6 Mighty Thor / Added 01/26/2023

http://madblog.shacknet.us

skywalkersaga

That is indeed an impressive (if rather terrifying, lol) list of pre-orders, Stryker. Shocked I hope you have made your way through some of them by now at least.... hang in there!  Razz

I hadn't commented on this thread until now, because there have been several figures I was unsure as to whether I'd actually end up pre-ordering. This past year has been highly unusual for me in that normally I would have maybe 1 or 2 Hot Toys on pre-order at most, but have ended up with... a lot more than that! pale  I'd actually been perfectly happy to be less of a collector and more of a customiser in the last few years. However, for some reason this year Hot Toys decided to announce a whole bunch of 'grail' figures I've been waiting YEARS for...all at once. Rolling Eyes I'd been out of regular employment since the pandemic, so I was panicking a bit as to how in the world I'd be able to afford all these. Hence why I didn't commit to everything I wanted until I was truly sure. Thankfully, I do have a job again now and have been steadily playing catch up....

List of all the figures I've PO'd over the last year or so:

1) Hot Toys Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones - Anakin Skywalker  
2) Hot Toys Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones - Padme Amidala

These two figures are LONG overdue, can't wait to have them in hand.  Pre-Orders -- How bad is the damage report? - Page 2 1f60d  Even if the Padme is not as perfect a likeness as I'd hoped, it's still an extremely welcome addition to my Anakin and Padme collection.

3) Hot Toys Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones - R2-D2 (due soon)

This one is supposedly out soon....just waiting to be alerted to its arrival. It will be so fun to finally have R2 for photoshoots! Especially my beloved rocket version so I can recreate some Clone Wars hijinks.  Very Happy

4) Hot Toys Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Obi-Wan Kenobi

I had mixed feelings on this one, but that isn't a surprise as I'm super nitpicky at the best of times. On the one hand, it's TCW Obi-Wan to go with my Clone Wars line-up. Means I don't have to make a custom version from scratch, so ....yay! On the other hand, I was admittedly hoping for a re-issue of the previous headsculpt they'd used for the RotS figure, and instead got a new sculpt with moveable eyes. The likeness is arguably 'better' in this new one, but imo it has that typical problem of looking too old. More like the current Ewan than mid-2000s Ewan. I also don't give a crap about moveable eyes on 1/6 figures and feel they are too much extra fiiddling about when posing. So, I'm currently leaning toward swapping the head out completely if I can find something better. (Whether I sell the moveable eye one or not will depend on my mood at the time, lol.)

5) Hot Toys Star Wars: Return of the Jedi (40th anniversary edition) Darth Vader

This one is self-explanatory. One of my ultimate grail figures in this whole hobby, been waiting for this version since I started collecting in this scale. No way was I going to miss it.

6) Hot Toys OWK Darth Vader (from the tv series that I prefer to ignore)

I had zero interest in this version when it was announced and tried to pretend I didn't even see the thread for it, lol. As you all know by now, I am NOT a fan of Disney's version of Star Wars, and refuse to watch anymore of the endless onslaught of disney series. So why the hell did I PO this? Welp, it's simple.... for kitbashing. Laughing I've been trying to put together a particular custom Vader for years, and needed a base to use that was as close as possible to the Rogue One Vader but with light-up options. I also wanted a Vader that could more easily swap his helmet during photoshoots (some of them are very difficult to remove without damaging). This one had all of those qualities so it seemed silly not to go for it.  But as it stands, I will be getting rid of the art box along with several extra accessories that I have no interest in, just so I don't even have to look at them! Razz

7) Sideshow Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Ahsoka Tano (due soon)

While this line of animated-style figures has been largely disappointing for many collectors (myself included), there's just no way I could pass this one up. I have seen an unboxing video of her already and it's actually not too bad all things considered. The headsculpt isn't how I would have liked (not entirely accurate to the animation design, sigh), but it seems ok for what it is. The fact it's on a tbleague body was a big selling point for me in terms of PO'ing it. (The issues with the crappy Sideshow body was what lead me to cancel my PO for the Anakin figure from the same line.)

and ....

8 ) Sideshow Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Anakin Skywalker (already released a while ago)

I originally had this on pre-order but then cancelled after seeing many negative reviews. I still wanted the figure since I'm fairly completionist when it comes to collecting my faves, but I just didn't want to pay enormous import/custom fees for a figure that was subpar at best. So I waited a long time until I could snag one of these for a lower price from a UK seller. Thankfully, I recently managed to do just that. He's now waiting for Ahsoka to show up so they can have some adventures together (ie: eventual photoshoots Wink ).

9) ETA: Just went back and realised I'd forgotten one! I also PO'd the third party TPM Queen Amidala figure!

Bonus: Figures on my wishlist:

10) Don't think I need to mention the recently-announced Hot Toys Artisan Anakin figure, which I would sell a kidney to acquire at this point! Laughing

So that's.... 10 figures in total. affraid

TravelGuide

I posted this when this thread appeared first:
TravelGuide wrote:I don't preorder, so my grand total is 0.
I did cave in earlier this year, and now my current amount of pre-orders is 1 Embarassed

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
TravelGuide wrote:I posted this when this thread appeared first:
I did cave in earlier this year, and now my current amount of pre-orders is 1 Embarassed

LOL, welcome to the Dark Side. Laughing

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:
TravelGuide wrote:I posted this when this thread appeared first:

LOL, welcome to the Dark Side. Laughing

Yep. All it takes is one… Then two… then… Oh, Crap!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Pre-Orders -- How bad is the damage report? - Page 2 1f10

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Updated List:

1) Hot Toys Attack of the Clones - Anakin Skywalker  
2) Hot Toys Attack of the Clones - Padme Amidala
3) Hot Toys Attack of the Clones - R2-D2 - ON ITS WAY
4) Hot Toys The Clone Wars - Obi-Wan Kenobi
5) Hot Toys Return of the Jedi (40th) - Darth Vader
6) Hot Toys OWK - Darth Vader
7) Sideshow The Clone Wars - Ahsoka Tano
8 ) Sideshow The Clone Wars - Anakin Skywalker - ARRIVED
9) Third party The Phantom Menace - Queen Amidala
10) Hot Toys Artisan Anakin figure (courtesy of Stryker I love you )

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
That’s a good list, S. You didn’t want Mace Windu?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2012 wrote:That’s a good list, S. You didn’t want Mace Windu?

Aw, thanks, it's a big list *for me*, but it's just about manageable. And I did really want Mace, but at the time he was announced I was still out of work and was worried it would be too many PO's coming up in the same quarter, if that makes sense. :/ But if I can pay off at least one or two of the others soon enough, I might try to get him too.

ukshaun

ukshaun
My current 1/6th scale pre_order list looks like:

Blitzway - Kurt Cobain
Hot Toys - Ahsoka Tana & Grogu (Mandalorian)
Hot Toys - “Hawkeye” Kate Bishop
Hot Toys - Iron Man 2 - 1/6th scale Tony Stark (Mark V Suit up Version) (Deluxe Version)
Hot Toys - Thena MMS628
Hot Toys - Iron Man 2 : War Machine MMS331D13 (Reissue Edition)
IconiQ Studio - Street Fighter V - Ken
Kaustic Plastik - Nosferatu 100th Anniversary 1:6 Web Exclusive Edition
Kaustic Plastik - Special Agent Dale Cooper (Deluxe)
Sideshow - David (The Lost Boys)
Sly Stallone Shop - Cobra, Marion Cobretti

I can already think of 4 (..and proably more) figures i need to add to the list ;D

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
[removed by user]

Valiarde

Valiarde
Great list! That will make for an impressive collection I love you

I think there is also a C3PO from RotJ ?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Valiarde wrote:Great list! That will make for an impressive collection I love you

Ha, thanks! When added to my existing collection, I hope so... :'D

And oh, is there one? I had only seen the AotC C-3p0. Will have to look...

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree, quite the shopping list.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GubernatorFan wrote:I agree, quite the shopping list.

I swear, it wasn't intentional....Laughing  Hot Toys just happened to put out so many of my personal 'grail' figures over the last year and a half...

But yeah, it's a LOT. In almost all previous years since I started collectng Hot Toys, I probably only had TWO Hot Toys pre-orders per year at most. And then maybe a Mr. Z pre-order thrown in there. So this is a bit overwhelming for me. Shocked

Valiarde

Valiarde
skywalkersaga wrote:
Valiarde wrote:Great list! That will make for an impressive collection I love you

I like the visual overview here:
https://www.collectorfreaks.com/threads/the-hot-toys-1-6-1-4-star-wars-visual-checklist.187575/

Otherwise it is hard to remember what was released from which eposide and number...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Valiarde wrote:
skywalkersaga wrote:

I like the visual overview here:
https://www.collectorfreaks.com/threads/the-hot-toys-1-6-1-4-star-wars-visual-checklist.187575/

Otherwise it is hard to remember what was released from which eposide and number...

Thanks for that. It strikes me how few figures there are for The Phantom Menace and Revenge of the Sith. Sad And yet a gazillion for the Disney shows!!! UGH!!!! Evil or Very Mad

davidd

davidd
I have two pre-orders out there right now, but those two lousy figures add up to something approaching frighteningly close to five hundred clams when payment comes due... and me without two nickels to rub together in my hobby budget at the moment! Sad

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Sky, I’m curious why you canceled OWK Vader. Did you opt instead for Rogue one or the new ROTJ Vader?

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Stryker2012 wrote:Sky, I’m curious why you canceled OWK Vader. Did you opt instead for Rogue one or the new ROTJ Vader?

I cancelled it for several reasons. Firstly, I already own Rogue One Vader and have RotJ 40th Vader on pre-order. Secondly, I reallllly don't like the OWK series at all (nothing to do with the actors in it, whom I'm fond of, but I just hate what Disney did with the characters). So I was always intending on selling most of the parts from it anyway and just keeping the light-up parts to use as a customization base. But no custom project is worth having to deal with the anxiety of owning (and then photographing, listing, and selling on ebay) something from a piece of media I despise. And thirdly, I just can't afford to have two Hot Toys Vaders on pre-order right now, especially when one of them isn't even something I actually want. I just thought that my custom Vader *ought* to have LED function because it would look cooler, but it was more to do with imaginary outside pressure --- originally I was fine without light-up features and was just planning to photoshop the effects in later.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Ahh, that makes sense.

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
Interesting topic, pre-orders… the more I think about it, the bigger the list gets…

1:6 vehicles:
- Jazzinc Dioramas 1995 Batman Forever Batmobile DX, paid off. Awaiting shipping invoice.
- Jazzinc Dioramas 1989 Batmobile DX, making payments, almost finished.

1:6 figures:
- Hot Toys MMS693 Batman (Deluxe, 1989), paid off. Awaiting warehouse arrival/shipment.
- Hot Toys MMS712 The Flash Batman (Modern Suit), payment plan upcoming.
- Mars Toys MAT012 Mr. W (Batman 1989, Michael Keaton), paid, in shipment, any day now. Arrived 01/17/2024
- Mars Toys MAT014 Mr J - Suit (Batman 1989, Jack Nicholson), paid, in shipment, any day now! Arrived 02/06/2024
- Mars Toys MAT015 King of Enigma (Batman Forever, Jim Carrey), down payment, waiting.
- Eternal Toys ETX8 Gentleman of Crime (Batman Returns Penguin, Danny DeVito), due to arrive any day now! Arrived 10/23/2023.
- Mars Toys MAT019 - Old Housekeeper Mr. A (Batman 1989 Alfred, Michael Gough), paid, in shipment, any day now. Arrived 02/13/2024
- Mars Toys MAT020 - School Badass (BTTF Biff, Thomas F. Wilson), down payment, waiting.

1:6 accessories:
- OSK Custom Male Head Sculpt (BTTF Doc Brown, Christopher Lloyd) Arrived 01/06/2024

Wow. Maybe this isn’t a good thread! Hahaha! Made me list all this stuff out… and that doesn’t include the things I’d LIKE to preorder! I may be having a problem! 😂😂😂

In all seriousness, I’m super pumped about all of these awesome things soon to be heading my way! Here’s to the waiting game.

!! — — – – - - > EDIT < - - – – — — !!

I’ve updated my list in a more recent reply in this thread, and it can be FOUND HERE!

Diana

Diana
Ah alright. I've been secretly updating my list on the first page of this thread, but of course that is me talking to myself basically, so here is the updated list: Very Happy

Q3 2023: HOT TOYS Bespin Luke Skywalker (ON ITS WAY)
Q3 2023: BLITZWAY Kurt Cobain (ON ITS WAY)
- Q4 2023: VERYCOOL 1/12 Cyberpunk Trickybaby
- Q4 2023: JXK Arctic Wolf
- Q4 2023: GAMETOYS L and Light (DEPOSIT ONLY)
- Q4 2023: INART Aragorn Premium Edition (DEPOSIT ONLY)
- Q1 2024: BROTOYS 1/12 Female Samurai
- Q1 2024: AUG TOYS Paul Atreides in Distillation Suit
- Q1 2024: NOUNKEY The Wife Deluxe
- Q2 2024: HOT TOYS Mace Windu
- Q3 2024: HOT TOYS Daredevil (She-Hulk)
- Q4 2024: PLAYTOY Fighting Goddess

Plus one head, 2 display busts and 2 dark TBL bodies.

I'm still okay with that list. Smile
I'm not okay with all three POs that I only paid the deposit for likely hitting me at the same time. That might result in me letting go of L and Light. Neutral

Valiarde

Valiarde
I like seeing lists what people are interested in.
(And it can help you feel better that you are not the only one spending gazillions on the hobby lol)

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Collectorofmany, that’s a great list. I’m envious of anyone who can afford Jazzinc vehicles — but, WOW! Two of them?! Awesome. Did you also get the amazing 66 Batmobile?

Diana, that’s a good list. I can see that fear about the two coming at once. I’m dreading the day the InArt Gandalf invoice finally comes through — but even more so the Aragorn since I PO’d 2 Premium versions (rooted hair all the way, baby!)

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
Stryker2012 wrote:Collectorofmany, that’s a great list. I’m envious of anyone who can afford Jazzinc vehicles — but, WOW! Two of them?! Awesome. Did you also get the amazing 66 Batmobile?

I appreciate that, especially coming from such a heavy hitter like yourself! It’s crazy to think that while I’ve had sixth scale figures in my collection for the past 8 years (double-checked, it’s been 11) or so, it wasn’t until a couple years ago that I got heavily re-invested in the scale, and all of the items on my preorder list began less than a year ago!

Regarding the vehicles, I was originally just going to wait for the reissued Hot Toys 1989 Batmobile, but once I saw Joost and co’s dedication to accuracy and detail I was totally on board, even if the price is double that of the Hot Toys. Those 15 month payment plans definitely make them more digestible. While you may be envious of me, I’m envious of my local collector friend who has the Jazzinc 89 Batwing, the same two I’ve preordered and the 2022 Batmobile preordered! As far as the 66 Batmobile, while I do have an affinity for the 66 series since I watched it on reruns as a kid, Keaton is MY Batman, so that’s where I’m focusing my efforts. Sure would love that Batwing, but the crazy high price and the fact it’s sold out will prevent that.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
collectorofmany - I love that you clearly have a very specific interest, makes me feel less alone for being so myopically focused on my own.  Pre-Orders -- How bad is the damage report? - Page 2 1f605

Diana
- that's a very nice list, I share your fears about pre-orders coming out too close together, but that's why I'm trying to do payment plans for as many of them as possible. The only one I'm truly concerned about is the INART Aragorn, because I didn't realise it could be coming out as soon as , well... any moment? ( Does anyone know more specifically when it is expected to arrive, because I don't want to be caught off guard. Shocked )

Valiarde
-- yeah I am always curious what others like to collect, whether it's more generalised in scope or super niche.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
I'm up to two:
Figma Sumire Uesaka, was supposed to be released this month, but is postponed till january.

I preordered a 1/7 statue of Megumin (anime opening edition). I just love the colors in that one.
Pre-Orders -- How bad is the damage report? - Page 2 Megumi10

collectorofmany

collectorofmany
Just added another to my list as the preorder window for the upgrade is soon up.

Mars Toys MAT020 School Badass (Biff from BTTF)

That’s back up to 7 figures on preorder.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum