OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pre-Orders -- How bad is the damage report?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Valiarde

Agree with Diana, most of my Inart or HT orders are with KGhobby as they are the cheapest option to Germany! Also worth to check out. Of course, Kit is more well known and probably has the fastest service overall.

Urushi

That's a really interesting topic for a Padawan like me who just began his collection.
I've only been active for a couple weeks and I already have 2 boxed figures POed and a couple headscults. There would be more but two got cancelled. And my wishlist is growing.

I think I could get addicted to this quite easily. By the way, do you consider the process of POing a genuine addiction ?

Also, what is the longest you have waited for a PO to finally be delivered ?

skywalkersaga

Urushi -- welcome to 1/6 scale collecting world! I guess PO'ing could get addicting, but personally I am always very hesitant to make a pre-order and tend to think it over for days, weeks, or even months in advance before making the committment. But then, with some rare exceptions, I have a very specific focus to my collection: Star Wars Prequels and Clone Wars-era, with an emphasis on three characters in particular. My pre-order list has been traditionally very small, usually only two or three figures per year! But the past year or two, it just so happened that my interest area seems to have exploded in popularity and both Hot Toys and other third party companies have put out a slew of releases that are 'grail' figures for me. So right now, I have an extensive PO list, but usually in previous years I could easily keep it quite manageable.

Other collectors who have a wider or more varied interest (and a bigger budget!) might be willing to make more impulse pre-orders. I guess it just depends on each person's particular focus and preferences and how much of the current 1/6 scale output actually appeals to each individual collector.

And the longest I have waited for a figure? Hmmm. If we are talking about when a figure was first teased, then probably the Hot Toys Padme. She was first shown at SDCC 2019, but not actually put up for PO until 2022, and then not actually released until 2024. In the meantime I got fed up and made a bunch of my own custom Padme figures. Laughing

Diana

Urushi wrote:I think I could get addicted to this quite easily. By the way, do you consider the process of POing a genuine addiction ?

Also, what is the longest you have waited for a PO to finally be delivered ?

I'm guessing I've waited about two years for a figure, but I tend to mostly forget about them so I don't mind the wait.

But yes, I definitely think that pre-ordering can be addictive, just like shopping in general can be addictive. When I had a bigger budget I'd order something every month. That was definitely too much. Laughing

If you have financial and/or spacial restrictions I'd define specifically what it is you want out of your collection and set yourself some boundaries. It could be a theme, like Sky mentioned. I, too, have a narrow set of themes I collect. And no matter how cool an announcement looks, I'll pass if it doesn't gel with my existing themes. And I won't start a new one, cause that's a slippery slope!

It's also good to sit on a pre-order for a few days to see whether the excitement sticks. I personally also always pay the full amount in advance if possible, because I don't want to dread an upcoming bill.

Urushi

Urushi
Diana wrote:
If you have financial and/or spacial restrictions I'd define specifically what it is you want out of your collection and set yourself some boundaries. It could be a theme, like Sky mentioned. I, too, have a narrow set of themes I collect. And no matter how cool an announcement looks, I'll pass if it doesn't gel with my existing themes. And I won't start a new one, cause that's a slippery slope!

It's also good to sit on a pre-order for a few days to see whether the excitement sticks. I personally also always pay the full amount in advance if possible, because I don't want to dread an upcoming bill.

I think you nailed it so well. You just put into words what I had in mind recenty, and I think that I will stick to those criterias:
1/ does the figure enters my theme, and 2/ is the excitement still there a few days later, then I can pre-order.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Diana wrote:
I'm guessing I've waited about two years for a figure, but I tend to mostly forget about them so I don't mind the wait.

But yes, I definitely think that pre-ordering can be addictive, just like shopping in general can be addictive. When I had a bigger budget I'd order something every month. That was definitely too much. Laughing

Most of what you write also applies to me in some way.

Plus that often when something is announced I think "that's totally cool/awesome", but by the time it's released I think "I don't really need it," so in general I don't preorder, unless I'm sure I really want it.

My current amount of preorders is 0, although the coming months some stuff is going to be released that I'm inclined to buy. Quite often in the end I don't buy it.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Diana wrote:

Exactly, the slippery slope. Laughing

For instance, even though I'm a huge fan of horror films and I have a list of characters I'd LOVE to someday have in 1/6 scale, I don't dare start collecting horror figures at this time because it would open up a whole new area when I'm still trying to catch up on my Star Wars lineup. So for now, it's just a dream for someday down the line. I also wish someday to dedicate time to customising 1/6 scale horses and riders, along with some 1/6 scale original characters just for fun. But I cannot commit to that for a while yet, it's just me being practical and knowing my limit.

Even just PO'ing the Inart Aragorn was something I agonised over as he doesn't fit in my collection and I don't want to start collecting LotR figures. So I tried to justify him as being able to count as an eventual rider for one of my 1/6 horses. Razz

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Diana

Diana
skywalkersaga wrote:Even just PO'ing the Inart Aragorn was something I agonised over as he doesn't fit in my collection and I don't want to start collecting LotR figures. So I tried to justify him as being able to count as an eventual rider for one of my 1/6 horses. Razz

Haha, yes, I squirmed over that one, too. I don't want to start a LotR collection, but I was okay with just him representating the entire franchise, and because I thought my fantasy warrior ladies needed some male company. Smile

Darth_Hogge

Darth_Hogge
My list of preorders:

HT Batman BvS 2.0 Deluxe
HT Indiana Jones V Deluxe
HT Batman The Flash incl. Batbike
HT The Batman incl. Batsignal
HT Darth Vader Deluxe from the Kenobi-Series
InArt Aragorn standard version
TZ Rambo II
PT Motorcycle Suit PT-SP85 (Drifter-Bruce Wayne from The Batman)

My Wishlist:

Jazzinc The Batman Batmobile (wheatered version)
TZ Drogon (for my wife)
HT Anakin Episode II
HT Captain Rex TMS018
HT 501st Clone Trooper from the Kenobi-Series
HT Boba Fett 40th Anniversary MMS574
HT Boba Fett Episode V MMS464
HT Jango Fett MMS589
HT The Mandalorian (new Beskar version) TMS051
HT Ashoka white Version (for my wife)
HT Han Solo Episode IV
Weta Witch-King of the unseen Lands (1/6 Statue)
TZ Jon Snow (Nightwatch Version) for my wife HT Barney Ross
HT Batman Armored 2.0 Deluxe
HT Batman JL Tactical Batsuit 2.0
HT Expendables 2 MMS194
HT Iron Man MARK I Collector Edition
HT Suit-Up Gantry for Iron Man
SS William Munny from Unforgiven

Pre-Orders -- How bad is the damage report? - Page 6 Banner_andreas_haak11

Diana

Diana
Ooph, Darth_Hogge, that's one expensive wishlist! But a nice one. Good luck! Very Happy

Darth_Hogge

Darth_Hogge
Diana wrote:Ooph, Darth_Hogge, that's one expensive wishlist! But a nice one. Good luck! Very Happy

Yes, Diana.
Unfortunately, I'm sure I can't afford all of it. Neutral
But you have to have wishes. Wink

Small update, I just pre-ordered the "HT Batman Armored 2.0 Deluxe" from KGHobby.

Update:

My list of preorders:

HT Batman Armored 2.0 Deluxe
HT Batman BvS 2.0 Deluxe
HT Indiana Jones V Deluxe
HT Batman The Flash incl. Batbike
HT The Batman incl. Batsignal
HT Darth Vader Deluxe from the Kenobi-Series
InArt Aragorn standard version
TZ Rambo II
PT Motorcycle Suit PT-SP85 (Drifter-Bruce Wayne from The Batman)

My Wishlist:

Jazzinc The Batman Batmobile (wheatered version)
TZ Drogon (for my wife)
HT Anakin Episode II
HT Captain Rex TMS018
HT 501st Clone Trooper from the Kenobi-Series
HT Boba Fett 40th Anniversary MMS574
HT Boba Fett Episode V MMS464
HT Jango Fett MMS589
HT The Mandalorian (new Beskar version) TMS051
HT Ashoka white Version (for my wife)
HT Han Solo Episode IV
Weta Witch-King of the unseen Lands (1/6 Statue)
TZ Jon Snow (Nightwatch Version) for my wife HT Barney Ross
HT Batman JL Tactical Batsuit 2.0
HT Expendables 2 MMS194
HT Iron Man MARK I Collector Edition
HT Suit-Up Gantry for Iron Man
SS William Munny from Unforgiven

Pre-Orders -- How bad is the damage report? - Page 6 Banner_andreas_haak11

Diana

Diana
A little update from/for me, too, cause somehow I forgot a bunch last time around, or I ordered them just after. The list has grown at an alarming rate. Laughing

- Q4 2023: GAMETOYS L and Light (DEPOSIT ONLY) (April 24: ON THEIR WAY)
- Q4 2023: INART Aragorn Premium Edition (DEPOSIT ONLY)
- Q1 2024: BROTOYS 1/12 Female Samurai
- Q1 2024: NOUNKEY The Wife Deluxe
- Q1 2024: YMTOYS YMT102 Female Head Sculpt (ADDED)
- Q1 2024: POP TOYS OSC-001 Olympus Scorpion Warrior Marstina (ADDED)
- Q1 2024: POP TOYS OSC-001 Olympus Aries Warrior Ariel (ADDED)
- Q1 2024: POP TOYS OSC-001 Olympus Scorpion Diorama (ADDED)
- Q1 2024: POP TOYS OSC-001 Olympus Aries Diorama (ADDED)
- 04/2024: AUG TOYS Paul Atreides in Distillation Suit
- 05/2024: TBL 1/12 Spartan Army Commander (gold) (NEW)
- 05/2024: TBL 1/12 Spartan Army Commander (silver) (NEW)
- Q2 2024: POP COSTUME The Crow Girl Deluxe
- Q2 2024: HOT TOYS Mace Windu
- Q3 2024: MR.Z CG001 City Girl (blonde) (DEPOSIT ONLY) (ADDED)
- Q3 2024: PLAY TOY Sexy Robot Female Warrior
- Q3 2024: LUCIFER 1/12 Michael Archangel ("Dawn Wings") (DEPOSIT ONLY)
- Q3 2024: HOT TOYS Daredevil (She-Hulk)
- Q3 2024: POPTOYS EX053 Godkiller (NEW)
- Q4 2024: PLAYTOY Fighting Goddess
- Q1 2025: HOT TOYS Star Wars Ahsoka (white) (ADDED)

Already on the way: Mr. Z - American Staffordfshire Terrier, cause the Godkiller needs his Staffy. Very Happy

Nice to see that I have a few things coming in hopefully soon! (Some hopefully not too soon...  Pre-Orders -- How bad is the damage report? - Page 6 1f648 )

blackpool

blackpool
Diana wrote:A little update from/for me, too, cause somehow I forgot a bunch last time around, or I ordered them just after. The list has grown at an alarming rate. Laughing

- Q4 2023: GAMETOYS L and Light (DEPOSIT ONLY)
- Q4 2023: INART Aragorn Premium Edition (DEPOSIT ONLY)
- Q1 2024: BROTOYS 1/12 Female Samurai
- Q1 2024: NOUNKEY The Wife Deluxe
- Q1 2024: YMTOYS YMT102 Female Head Sculpt (ADDED)
- Q1 2024: POP TOYS OSC-001 Olympus Scorpion Warrior Marstina (ADDED)
- Q1 2024: POP TOYS OSC-001 Olympus Aries Warrior Ariel (ADDED)
- Q1 2024: POP TOYS OSC-001 Olympus Scorpion Diorama (ADDED)
- Q1 2024: POP TOYS OSC-001 Olympus Aries Diorama (ADDED)
- 04/2024: AUG TOYS Paul Atreides in Distillation Suit
- 05/2024: TBL 1/12 Spartan Army Commander (gold) (NEW)
- 05/2024: TBL 1/12 Spartan Army Commander (silver) (NEW)
- Q2 2024: POP COSTUME The Crow Girl Deluxe
- Q2 2024: HOT TOYS Mace Windu
- Q3 2024: MR.Z CG001 City Girl (blonde) (DEPOSIT ONLY) (ADDED)
- Q3 2024: PLAY TOY Sexy Robot Female Warrior
- Q3 2024: LUCIFER 1/12 Michael Archangel ("Dawn Wings") (DEPOSIT ONLY)
- Q3 2024: HOT TOYS Daredevil (She-Hulk)
- Q3 2024: POPTOYS EX053 Godkiller (NEW)
- Q4 2024: PLAYTOY Fighting Goddess
- Q1 2025: HOT TOYS Star Wars Ahsoka (white) (ADDED)

Already on the way: Mr. Z - American Staffordfshire Terrier, cause the Godkiller needs his Staffy. Very Happy

Nice to see that I have a few things coming in hopefully soon! (Some hopefully not too soon...  Pre-Orders -- How bad is the damage report? - Page 6 1f648 )

I just saw the first bloggers pictures of the final Daredevil, he looks fantastic! the Matt Murdock headsculpt is veeeeeery good!

On my side not a lot of preorders, I only tried myself recently with inart for the Paul Atreides distil suit with rooted hair. I'm also waiting for the Threezero yor, Loyd, and Anya Forger, I have a pirate girl from BBK incoming, and a preorder on the "school badass"...

Diana

Diana
blackpool wrote:I just saw the first bloggers pictures of the final Daredevil, he looks fantastic! the Matt Murdock headsculpt is veeeeeery good!

On my side not a lot of preorders, I only tried myself recently with inart for the Paul Atreides distil suit with rooted hair. I'm also waiting for the Threezero yor, Loyd, and Anya Forger, I have a pirate girl from BBK incoming, and a preorder on the "school badass"...

YAY for Daredevil/Matt Murdock! Happy to read the good news! Very Happy 

And that Paul Atreides is one I really really would have liked to order so I hope we'll get to see some photos of him when you get him!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum