OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Please help me find... (continuously updated)

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 45 ... 51  Next

Go down  Message [Page 39 of 51]

nsomniak6

Wow, you guys rock so hard! Thanks so much!

zeekiwonge

Hi, I recently bought a Tbleague s35a suntan body and would like some recommendations for head sculpts that match its skin tone. Thanks.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
zeekiwonge wrote:Hi, I recently bought a Tbleague s35a suntan body and would like some recommendations for head sculpts that match its skin tone. Thanks.

Here are a couple of threads that can give you some ideas. Although we all complain about TBLeague gradually changing the precise color of its "suntan," your best bet are heads that were made in "suntan" (any "suntan") for TBLeague sets. But you can certainly match others.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t793-suitably-scaled-heads-for-phicen-s27b (note, the body in question is very petite, but you can still see how some heads compare, color-wise)

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3188-headsculpt-reference-building

And of course the catalog thread (although S35A, specifically, is not pictured there),

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t3013-tbleague-phicen-seamless-bodies-with-steel-skeleton-catalog-updated-continually

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

Diana

zeekiwonge

Oh, thank you both, this helps a lot.

771Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 39 Empty Star Trek TOS uniform. Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:53 am

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
I recently acquired a pretty good TOS Spock head sculpt and would like a TOS blue science officer uniform to dress the figure in. At the very least, the shirt as the pants and boots could be any set of black, preferably bell bottom trousers and any set of tall black boots, of which I have a few pairs lying around. Any suggestions?

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/144436476306

ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta
Say, I am looking for some British 58 pattern Web Gear, the one that came with the Dragon Falkland figures. Any pointers?

DarthJ

ThePhotogsBlog wrote:I recently acquired a pretty good TOS Spock head sculpt and would like a TOS blue science officer uniform to dress the figure in.  At the very least, the shirt as the pants and boots could be any set of black, preferably bell bottom trousers and any set of tall black boots, of which I have a few pairs lying around.  Any suggestions?  

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/144436476306

How about a Ken Spock uniform such as this one (only an example) :

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/174320380091?hash=item28964de8bb:g:SS0AAOSwFJ1fKaRo

ThePhotogsBlog

ThePhotogsBlog
ZeroDelta wrote:Say, I am looking for some British 58 pattern Web Gear, the one that came with the Dragon Falkland figures. Any pointers?

I think you could find most, though not all of it parted out here

https://www.veegostore.com/index.php?cPath=60_65_75

I've dealt with the dealer three times. They are reliable.

nsomniak6

Hi again, can anybody point me in a direction where I can find medieval knight/Elvish-type armor that I can paint that won't cost me an arm and a leg. It will be for an Elven (Fae) character. He pretty much only wears black but I figured I could paint some subtle tree and vine patterns. It would be nice to have something elaborate but I am not holding my breath for that. I have only been able to find pieces here and there and nothing that would match. I don't know much about 3d printing but is that a viable option to find someone who does that? Thanks again.

Ovy

Ovy
nsomniak6 wrote:Hi again, can anybody point me in a direction where I can find medieval knight/Elvish-type armor that I can paint that won't cost me an arm and a leg. It will be for an Elven (Fae) character. He pretty much only wears black but I figured I could paint some subtle tree and vine patterns. It would be nice to have something elaborate but I am not holding my breath for that. I have only been able to find pieces here and there and nothing that would match. I don't know much about 3d printing but is that a viable option to find someone who does that? Thanks again.
Hi
Well there are three Lord of the Rings Elves from 'Asmus Toys' : Elrond, the Elven Archer and the Elven Warrior, depicting the Elves from the first movie's prologue. These aren't cheap and are not getting cheaper though, starting at something around 200.
I don't know what Elvish armor looks like in the universe you want to depict, but I think Gothic Armor/Gothic Knight by Coo model comes close with these leave shapes and thin waist etc. Sadly Coo Model knights are expensive too, I like to look at them but never bought one
Maybe you could put up a reference pic that's looking similar to the armor you have in mind.

When I started that hobby I wanted to make a custom armored character too, but it was too complicated and/or expensive to find what I need, so I accidentally learned how to make mini armor.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I agree with Ovy. If I were you, I would search aggressively in websites that offer parted-out pieces from sets, like Toy Anxiety, Monkey Depot, Black Ops Toys (especially when they have a heftier sale going on -- 30% right now), Rattlesnake Toys on eBay -- for pieces from the Asmus sets and other suitable medieval-ish armor (Coo, POP Toys).

Ovy

Ovy
I know the boo-bomb and shovelshop are sometimes using older cheaper armor pieces for their customs, but I am not sure if they read this thread, might be worth contacting them.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Seeing a reference image would indeed help with knowing where to start looking. In terms of 3D printed armour, sometimes you can find people offering 3D printed accessories on Etsy. These can get expensive though, not sure how much a full set of armour would cost.

Alternatively, if there's an existing 1/6 scale figure that has the armour design you want, it would probably even be worth purchasing it and using it for pieces. You could always sell the parts you don't use on ebay later on.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

nsomniak6

Honestly, I was a little nervous to ask this but you all seem so cool that I didn't figure it would matter. I am looking for women's shoes to fit a male figure's feet. His character is gender fluid and prefers dresses some days and regular male clothing other days. I tried shoes that are supposed to be Kumik (or fit Kumik? I don't know what that means totally) any way they don't fit and I am frustrated. So anyway, any help would be appreciated.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
You could try heeled boots for pegs, like these.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Although on second thought the calves on a male figure might be too thick.

Another option is hollow boots (without peg). Like the ones in this set:
https://www.machinegun-figures.com/classic-women-s-leather-suit-set-red-p-22818

But they may have the same problem.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
What type of shoes are you looking for? Are they something that you can tell have a “foot” in them, like “high heels” where part of the foot is visible? Or shoes that completely conceal the foot? If the latter, you could get a pair of replacement feet that work with your male figure and “shave” parts of the foot down along the length and width until they “fit”. If the former, you may have a really hard time finding shoes that work.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 39 C8485110

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
I think Stryker's idea probably has the most potential, since finding 1/6 scale 'women's' shoes that fit a male figure's feet might not be possible. So the answer would be to either a) modify the male feet to fit into the female shoes, or b) modify female feet to fit onto the male body. The challenge with that would be to then make sure the figure could still be balanced properly while standing, though of course figure stands help with that, too.

Otherwise, I guess you could look around and see if there are some kind of doll's shoes that might be made larger than regular 1/6 scale action figure shoes.

nsomniak6

Yeah, I looked at 1/4 shoes but they were way too long. I might have to end up shaving the feet down as y'all said, I might look into making my own. I am thinking about a 3D pen possibly but I have to get more info on that first. I am working with an array of different dolls and figures so I will keep looking.

Thanks again, you guys are great! I love this forum, it has so many cool ideas and info and of course, the members are so kind and accommodating!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ok, this is a dumb newbie question that I should really know by now, but does anyone know if the 'generic' types of neck adapters/sockets (for male figures with attached necks) can fit onto Hot Toys necks and neck pegs?

This is the type I mean:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173056689128?hash=item284afb83e8:g:3bgAAOSw6ShZSNw2

I ask because I was going through and putting together each of my Anakin figures today, and realised to my dismay that I'm missing the neck peg for one of my HT Ani's (I have two of the RotS Ani's, one is the original figure, the other is a reconstituted one I kitbashed). I had removed the neck adapter thingie from the inside of the neck when I was fixing the hair on the rooted-hair headsculpt, and I must have misplaced it. Sad Very frustrating, as it's the specific HT one, which is now almost impossible to replace since it's not available parted-out. Just trying to figure out if a generic one will work or if it really has to be an HT one (if so, I'm screwed).

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Ok, this is a dumb newbie question that I should really know by now, but does anyone know if the 'generic' types of neck adapters/sockets (for male figures with attached necks) can fit onto Hot Toys necks and neck pegs?

This is the type I mean:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173056689128?hash=item284afb83e8:g:3bgAAOSw6ShZSNw2

I ask because I was going through and putting together each of my Anakin figures today, and realised to my dismay that I'm missing the neck peg for one of my HT Ani's (I have two of the RotS Ani's, one is the original figure, the other is a reconstituted one I kitbashed). I had removed the neck adapter thingie from the inside of the neck when I was fixing the hair on the rooted-hair headsculpt, and I must have misplaced it. Sad Very frustrating, as it's the specific HT one, which is now almost impossible to replace since it's not available parted-out.  Just trying to figure out if a generic one will work or if it really has to be an HT one (if so, I'm screwed).

Good question. It would be difficult to track down with any precision, because I doubt that if there were significant variation between them, sellers would provide (or be able to provide) an indication of the difference. It may well be, however, that these are basically equivalent. If it looks about right and and price is ok, give it a try.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks, I think it is indeed worth taking the chance in order to havea functional headsculpt! Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 39 1f605

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
S, when I get home (give me a few hours), I’ll check my Darth Stryker figure which is on an HT Anakin body, and I’ll be able to give you an answer.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Please help me find... (continuously updated) - Page 39 C8485110

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 39 of 51]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 45 ... 51  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum