OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

VERYCOOL 1/6 seamless bodies (2 types, 3 colors)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

madnug

its kinda look like body used on Bayonetta and Assassin Maid

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
skywalkersaga wrote:Is it just me or does the lower leg seem a little too long? If I got one of these, I'd be tempted to cut a centimeter or so off the ankle and reduce the height of the body that way. And then re-glue the metal ball back on (I've seen Ephiane and gooboo do similar modifications before).
You might well be right. And Ephiane and gooboo did do that. I've never dared attempt such a modification myself.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

MeMyself&I

BBTS has these up as well (Giantoy is cheaper), but they had this in the product description:

VERYCOOL 1/6 seamless bodies (2 types, 3 colors) - Page 2 Img_4511

If that is accurate, then yeah, a taller body for sure. I also asked Giantoy but they said they didn’t know, but assumed the average of TBL bodies.

crispyorange

Measurements:
VERYCOOL 1/6 seamless bodies (2 types, 3 colors) - Page 2 162838juun5ioujmh9nuub

It's basically similar to TBL/Phicen's S32/33, the height and leg length are exactly the same.

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
Thanks Crispyorange, that’s definitely more useful than my prior post! She’s a tall one, not that it’s shocking anymore.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Oh yes, quite tall. I'd say a little too much for most purposes. Thanks, crispyorange!

Diana

Diana
Bugger. I was considering ordering two, but the size has now dissuaded me from that. Still getting one of course.

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
Strange, the overall shape looks exactly like the new VC Raksa body in most pictures, but the legs seem to be somewhat longer. If there is interest, I could post pictures of the VC Raksa body compared to different TBL bodies.

Diana

Diana
Randam Hajile wrote:Strange, the overall shape looks exactly like the new VC Raksa body in most pictures, but the legs seem to be somewhat longer. If there is interest, I could post pictures of the VC Raksa body compared to different TBL bodies.

Absolutely! That would be awesome! Though the picture I have in mind of that Raksa body did have long legs. That one of her sitting on that stool... being all shiny and translucent, which they seem to have fixed. Maybe that's why they went with body make-up... Maybe underneath that it is still as translucent and shiny...

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
Randam, you know we love comparison pics lol. By all means, please share when you can with the Raksa body!

That aside, I did some quick measuring last night using what Crispyorange posted, specifically focusing on that flat foot to top of peg height (26.5cm). Unless I’ve gone blind, or did it in my sleep (which was possible as it was 1am), I found it to match with the TBL S07. That told me a few things, namely it’s really that average TBL height and that there may well be room for adjustment.

If you guys note in my TBL measurements I always have two heights listed. That’s because the hip joint, per TBL’s own instructions, can be adjusted to alter the height. This has been a 5mm adjustment on average. I bring this up because the cross section of this appears to allow for that same type of adjustment. In my customs using a S07, my head sculpts tend to be about 38mm when printed (chin to top of the head). That puts the S07, at its shortest, at around the 274/276mm range. Which isn’t bad.

I say all that to say that I’m very intrigued at how this will measure up and if my hunch is right. Anyway, wanted to throw that observation out in case it’s useful and to establish my point of comparison for when mine arrives.

Zes

Zes
I very much like the height of this new body. I was a big fan of the S32/S33 except for their massive forearms. I'm definitely looking forward to getting this in hand!

Diana

Diana
MeMyself&I wrote:Randam, you know we love comparison pics lol. By all means, please share when you can with the Raksa body!

That aside, I did some quick measuring last night using what Crispyorange posted, specifically focusing on that flat foot to top of peg height (26.5cm). Unless I’ve gone blind, or did it in my sleep (which was possible as it was 1am), I found it to match with the TBL S07. That told me a few things, namely it’s really that average TBL height and that there may well be room for adjustment.

If you guys note in my TBL measurements I always have two heights listed. That’s because the hip joint, per TBL’s own instructions, can be adjusted to alter the height. This has been a 5mm adjustment on average. I bring this up because the cross section of this appears to allow for that same type of adjustment. In my customs using a S07, my head sculpts tend to be about 38mm when printed (chin to top of the head). That puts the S07, at its shortest, at around the 274/276mm range. Which isn’t bad.

I say all that to say that I’m very intrigued at how this will measure up and if my hunch is right. Anyway, wanted to throw that observation out in case it’s useful and to establish my point of comparison for when mine arrives.

Ah, thank you for going the extra mile! Something wasn't sitting right with me. Laughing

I think the taller classics (S16/17 and S22/23) are around 28cm, so the comparison with S06/07 makes sense. (I happen to really like that body. If only it didn't have the floppy feet...)

madnug

madnug
The height is pretty much a standard size for most female verycool with hybrid or plastic body at 26-27cm plus minus the foot type

tbleague slim slender model like body and athletic body also shares similar height e.g: s04/07/10/12/16/17/20/21/22/23

Pix below some comparison of 12d,23b,17b,12d
VERYCOOL 1/6 seamless bodies (2 types, 3 colors) - Page 2 Img_7510

might wanna check this review as well
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t6663-verycool-seamless-steel-skeleton-body#95567

kirklazarus

kirklazarus
What headsculpt is this?

VERYCOOL 1/6 seamless bodies (2 types, 3 colors) - Page 2 Scale_10

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
Diana wrote:Ah, thank you for going the extra mile! Something wasn't sitting right with me. Laughing

I think the taller classics (S16/17 and S22/23) are around 28cm, so the comparison with S06/07 makes sense. (I happen to really like that body. If only it didn't have the floppy feet...)

You’re welcome! Something was bugging me too, so I had to check lol

The S07 is my favorite body overall and I have come to agree with the floppy foot sentiment. Not because they are floppy, but rather they like to roll inward, almost as if the fig is spraining her ankle! It’s weird. Doesn’t happen often but when it does it is not fixable.

I’m not thinking this will be an outright replacement, but it could be for some future projects.

kirklazarus wrote:What headsculpt is this?

I’ve been wondering that myself actually.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
kirklazarus wrote:What headsculpt is this?

Honestly, it looks like their Cara Delevingne sculpt but with brown hair; whatever it is, it's gorgeous.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

VERYCOOL 1/6 seamless bodies (2 types, 3 colors) - Page 2 1f10

Visisonor

Visisonor
Stryker2012 wrote:Honestly, it looks like their Cara Delevingne sculpt but with brown hair
VERYCOOL 1/6 seamless bodies (2 types, 3 colors) - Page 2 82TU2uo
Adeno's photo of VeryCool Villa head posted on another forum.

I really can't tell if it's the same sculpt, even slight difference in haircut throws my face recognition neural subnet off...

madnug

madnug
Visisonor wrote:
Stryker2012 wrote:Honestly, it looks like their Cara Delevingne sculpt but with brown hair
VERYCOOL 1/6 seamless bodies (2 types, 3 colors) - Page 2 82TU2uo
Adeno's photo of VeryCool Villa head posted on another forum.

I really can't tell if it's the same sculpt, even slight difference in haircut throws my face recognition neural subnet off...

It’s not verycool vera sculpt if you guys referring to.. the difference is quite a lot, the brows, smaller nose, jaws line not squarish like Vera, it’s a different head sculpt..

I can’t make of it to resemblance of some actual person or from what headsculpt too..

Could be a prototype to be sold with body in future release like verycool seems to do on previous releases..

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks, MeMyself&I, for continuing to check. So the conclusion is that, using flat feet (but unshod) and in the lower hip setting, this would be about the height of the older TBLeague bodies (before the curvy, petite, and extra tall ones)?

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
GubernatorFan wrote:Thanks, MeMyself&I, for continuing to check. So the conclusion is that, using flat feet (but unshod) and in the lower hip setting, this would be about the height of the older TBLeague bodies (before the curvy, petite, and extra tall ones)?
No problem. And yeah, that is my current thought. Of course in hand will be the final judge.

Zurdoz

Zurdoz
O wow these VC bodies are looking good!! Nice to see more companies dabbing in seamless figures, gives more variety. I think the physiques for these are done well, with nice proportions in my opinion. Gonna have to get!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
MeMyself&I wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:Thanks, MeMyself&I, for continuing to check. So the conclusion is that, using flat feet (but unshod) and in the lower hip setting, this would be about the height of the older TBLeague bodies (before the curvy, petite, and extra tall ones)?
No problem. And yeah, that is my current thought. Of course in hand will be the final judge.
So true.

MoonRaven812

MoonRaven812
I like her. I might have to try one out! Theres a head sculpt on my wish list... always

Jepasch68

Jepasch68
davidd wrote:Not afraid of exploding? That's a major selling point, right there! I can't tell you how many times exploding has been an issue with lesser-grade action figure bodies.
Rolling Eyes

Small batch, hand finished... how much are these things gonna cost? Are we gonna be looking at over $200 for nude seamless bodies now?

80$

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
I finally got around to make the photos of the Raksa body and take some measurements.

Size (to Peg): 26.5 cm
Bust: 13.5 cm
Waist: 9.5 cm
Hip: 15.2 cm

This largely confirms that the Raksa-body is identical to the new body that VC announced here.

Here are some censored comparison photos (BEWARE NSFW) ...
Spoiler:

The steel skeleton on this body feels very stiff compared to the TBL bodies, making posing less pleasant. The body material (silicone?) feels less elastic, but the body holds poses nicely. There is a thin seam running around the body that is clearly visible and might be a red flag for some people. The body proportions are somewhat exaggerated but might fit Anime style figures nicely. I'm not a big fan of the leg shape, which reminds me of older TBL bodies.

Spartan06

Spartan06
Thanks for the pics Randam Hajile!

The S47 and S49 are two of my recent favorites, and it's good to see a comparison.  That said I can't wait to add one or two of these new VeryCool bodies to my collection!  initially I'm thinking it will work well for something like an Asuka plug suit figure or similar anime or game character.

Zurdoz

Zurdoz
Fabulous pics and comparisons! If that is similar to the bodies we’ll be receiving, I think it fits in nicely.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Very nice photos and comparison, Ralf.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks, Ralfe. You reminded me of some Tbleague bodies I still need to purchase, lol! I honestly prefer the tbleagues in that pic to this VC one, but that's just my personal preference. Wink

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum