OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

VERYCOOL 1/6 seamless bodies (2 types, 3 colors)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Spartan06

Thanks for the pics Randam Hajile!

The S47 and S49 are two of my recent favorites, and it's good to see a comparison.  That said I can't wait to add one or two of these new VeryCool bodies to my collection!  initially I'm thinking it will work well for something like an Asuka plug suit figure or similar anime or game character.

Zurdoz

Fabulous pics and comparisons! If that is similar to the bodies we’ll be receiving, I think it fits in nicely.

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Very nice photos and comparison, Ralf.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

skywalkersaga

Thanks, Ralfe. You reminded me of some Tbleague bodies I still need to purchase, lol! I honestly prefer the tbleagues in that pic to this VC one, but that's just my personal preference. Wink

Diana

Diana
Oooh very interesting. Thank you for the great comparison shots! If only the S47 weren't so tall it would be perfect! I'm happy to see that the Raksa body is shorter. Very nice height. But the bust is too large for my liking. So I'm only getting one. And it'll be the perfect body for one of my characters, which has been stuck with a too tall body for a while. Smile

Valiarde

Valiarde
Somehow I missed the pics! I love comparison pics, very nice

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Nice comparison pics. I POd two of these VC bodies, but I don’t have a S47 yet. Looks good.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

VERYCOOL 1/6 seamless bodies (2 types, 3 colors) - Page 3 1f10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Diana wrote:If only the S47 weren't so tall it would be perfect!

Truer words were never said. S49 is pretty close and better height, but not exactly the same sculpt.

Diana

Diana
GubernatorFan wrote:

Truer words were never said. S49 is pretty close and better height, but not exactly the same sculpt.

Yeah, the S49 has a bust that's too big for my liking, especially considering that the rest of the body looks very young and immature.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Diana wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:

Yeah, the S49 has a bust that's too big for my liking, especially considering that the rest of the body looks very young and immature.

Yes, that's always been my same issue with the s25b as well, Diana. The overly large bust on such a slight and youthful body. It not only looks unrealistic but also limits what kind of characters you can do accurately.

I do really like that s47, I can't wait til I can afford to finally pick one up. I think I'm about two years behind on tbleague bodies... eep. :3

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Diana

Diana
skywalkersaga wrote:
Diana wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:

Yes, that's always been my same issue with the s25b as well, Diana. The overly large bust on such a slight and youthful body. It not only looks unrealistic but also limits what kind of characters you can do accurately.

I do really like that s47, I can't wait til I can afford to finally pick one up. I think I'm about two years behind on tbleague bodies... eep. :3

Hah, yeah. I gave up on keeping up around the same time. The excitement over the new colours made me pre-order two bodies though, which I really don't need. Now this one, too. Oh well. Laughing

At least for this one I do have a specific character in mind. Very Happy

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Diana wrote:

At least for this one I do have a specific character in mind. Very Happy

Ooh, looking forward to seeing the character! Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I also thought that S24-25 and S48-49 would look better with slightly more modest busts.

Jepasch68

Jepasch68
kirklazarus wrote:What headsculpt is this?

VERYCOOL 1/6 seamless bodies (2 types, 3 colors) - Page 3 Scale_10

It could be Kendall Jenner's head.
VeryCool had already released one, but it's a little different.
https://images.app.goo.gl/nzZRApWY7prphoQV8

Maybe it will come out soon, or maybe it's just a concept study.
Giantoy at least told me that this head hasn't appeared in any catalog yet.
If this version actually comes out, it will be at the top of my wish list!

madnug

madnug
VERYCOOL 1/6 seamless bodies (2 types, 3 colors) - Page 3 Vc_jen10

i dont think its jenner sculpt, the resemblance is still too far.
Jenner's nose looks bigger and lips position is further down from the nose.

Hopefully the headsculpt will be release and look as good like in the pictures

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
The head simply looks like a new one that hasn't been released yet.

Diana

Diana
skywalkersaga wrote:The head simply looks like a new one that hasn't been released yet.

Agreed. Seems likely that they intend to release it, since the other head they used to showcase the pale body was also announced. Who knows why they didn't announce both at the same time.

A must buy for me for sure.

gooboo

Saw this posted on BBICN earlier today-

"Xiangcai customer service said that the details of this body shape have been cancelled."

I sent an email to Giantoy asking if they knew or could ask the manufacturer if this is actually true or not. No idea if they'll be able to asnwer, but if true I'll probably cancel my pre order since I was having second thoughts about these figures anyways. Was a bit of an impulse buy on my part, but now with those really nice looking Mr Z. figures coming out I'd rather spend my money on those instead.

Ghost808

Ghost808
gooboo wrote:Saw this posted on BBICN earlier today-

"Xiangcai customer service said that the details of this body shape have been cancelled."

I sent an email to Giantoy asking if they knew or could ask the manufacturer if this is actually true or not. No idea if they'll be able to asnwer, but if true I'll probably cancel my pre order since I was having second thoughts about these figures anyways. Was a bit of an impulse buy on my part, but now with those really nice looking Mr Z. figures coming out I'd rather spend my money on those instead.

I need to contact giantoy about another pre order, but their contact form isn't working for me. How did you contact them?
I also have this figure pre-ordered, so I'd be interested to see what you hear from giantoy. Please do post an update, if you find anything out.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Ghost808 wrote:I need to contact giantoy about another pre order, but their contact form isn't working for me. How did you contact them?
I also have this figure pre-ordered, so I'd be interested to see what you hear from giantoy. Please do post an update, if you find anything out.
I had no problem canceling an order yesterday.
But anyway, write to support@giantoy.com . Amelia is very nice and I'm sure she'll try to help you out.

Ghost808

Ghost808
Thanks Gubernator. Much appreciated.

Zes

Zes
Amelia doesn't get paid enough. She's always friendly and helpful.

I ended up cancelling my order due to these changes. Maybe I'll change my mind when the in-hand pictures are out.

Ghost808

Ghost808
Zes wrote:Amelia doesn't get paid enough. She's always friendly and helpful.

I ended up cancelling my order due to these changes. Maybe I'll change my mind when the in-hand pictures are out.

I asked about this while cancelling a different order. Apparently verycool are NOT removing anatomical details. They are toning down the abs and modifying the body shape somewhat.
I think toning down the abs is probably a good thing. They looked cartoonish and didn't really match the rest of the body. I'm hoping they keep some muscle definition though.

Zes

Zes
Ghost808 wrote:

I asked about this while cancelling a different order. Apparently verycool are NOT removing anatomical details. They are toning down the abs and modifying the body shape somewhat.
I think toning down the abs is probably a good thing. They looked cartoonish and didn't really match the rest of the body. I'm hoping they keep some muscle definition though.

Ah, cool—not as bad then. Though I was a big fan of that muscle definition. I guess I'll wait for the in-hand pics when it releases this spring/summer.

gooboo

From Amelia-

"Verycool said that they will still include biological details on the body, but they will improve the body style and reduce the abs to make the final look better. The release time is also going to be slightly later than estimated.

We will keep you in the loop and notify you as soon as there's any update on the release. If there is anything you need to revise on your order (especially the shipping address), please also let us know."

Pleasantly surprised, I was expecting the worst. I'll keep my pre order then just to show some support for Verycool.

Ghost808

Ghost808
Zes wrote:
Ghost808 wrote:

Ah, cool—not as bad then. Though I was a big fan of that muscle definition. I guess I'll wait for the in-hand pics when it releases this spring/summer.

I'd like them to keep the muscle tone, but the abs do look a bit square and the rest of the body has virtually no muscle tone, so it's jarring.
I'd prefer it if they reworked the abs and added a bit of muscle tone to the thighs/arms, so it makes more sense.

Diana

Diana
I didn't even notice the abs in a negative way, but now that I know they are working on them I approve. I also wouldn't mind a little more definition on arms and legs, but I don't need that. The bodies are gorgeous as they are. Maybe there will be a more athletic body in the future. What a Face

Visisonor

Visisonor
VERYCOOL 1/6 seamless bodies (2 types, 3 colors) - Page 3 A-surprise-to-be-sure-star-wars
I wonder how exactly VeryCool managed to do that, but I'm glad they did, either way.

madnug

madnug
much needs to be improved are the seamlines.. even on the promo its still visible...

toning down the abs would be good too as its seems to have a 4 pack,
Base on VC past releases, they mostly seem to recycle their bodies for box figures too..
having less RnD and reuse same body models for box set figures and body only or body HS sale is their biz strategy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum