OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

VERYCOOL 1/6 seamless bodies (2 types, 3 colors)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Ghost808

Zes wrote:
Ghost808 wrote:
Zes wrote:Amelia doesn't get paid enough. She's always friendly and helpful.

I ended up cancelling my order due to these changes. Maybe I'll change my mind when the in-hand pictures are out.

I asked about this while cancelling a different order. Apparently verycool are NOT removing anatomical details. They are toning down the abs and modifying the body shape somewhat.
I think toning down the abs is probably a good thing. They looked cartoonish and didn't really match the rest of the body. I'm hoping they keep some muscle definition though.

Ah, cool—not as bad then. Though I was a big fan of that muscle definition. I guess I'll wait for the in-hand pics when it releases this spring/summer.

I'd like them to keep the muscle tone, but the abs do look a bit square and the rest of the body has virtually no muscle tone, so it's jarring.
I'd prefer it if they reworked the abs and added a bit of muscle tone to the thighs/arms, so it makes more sense.

Diana

I didn't even notice the abs in a negative way, but now that I know they are working on them I approve. I also wouldn't mind a little more definition on arms and legs, but I don't need that. The bodies are gorgeous as they are. Maybe there will be a more athletic body in the future. What a Face

Visisonor

VERYCOOL 1/6 seamless bodies (2 types, 3 colors) - Page 4 A-surprise-to-be-sure-star-wars
I wonder how exactly VeryCool managed to do that, but I'm glad they did, either way.

madnug

much needs to be improved are the seamlines.. even on the promo its still visible...

toning down the abs would be good too as its seems to have a 4 pack,
Base on VC past releases, they mostly seem to recycle their bodies for box figures too..
having less RnD and reuse same body models for box set figures and body only or body HS sale is their biz strategy.

gooboo

Got my invoice from Giantoy today, hopefully I'll get mine soon. We'll probably be seeing pictures of these up on BBICN in the next few days.

Valiarde

Valiarde
gooboo wrote:Got my invoice from Giantoy today, hopefully I'll get mine soon. We'll probably be seeing pictures of these up on BBICN in the next few days.
Oh cool exciting news! Hope you post some pics!
I didn't get an invoice from GT but I already paid in full upfront. So it should be shipping soon also bounce

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
I’m still waiting on my invoice, but it sounds like it’ll be soon. I’m definitely cautiously excited for this body!

Valiarde

Valiarde
MeMyself&I wrote:I’m still waiting on my invoice, but it sounds like it’ll be soon. I’m definitely cautiously excited for this body!

Got my shipping notice.

But Kit mentioned, only version B is ready to ship right now. So if you ordered A or C you have to wait a bit more

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
Valiarde wrote:
MeMyself&I wrote:I’m still waiting on my invoice, but it sounds like it’ll be soon. I’m definitely cautiously excited for this body!

Got my shipping notice.

But Kit mentioned, only version B is ready to ship right now. So if you ordered A or C you have to wait a bit more

That explains it then. I have A on order.

gooboo

Same, only one of the bodies I ordered is shipping right now.

Spartan06

Spartan06
Got my shipping notice last night - version B also. If it looks anything like the Raska body, I'm cautiously exited too!

Ghost808

Ghost808
gooboo wrote:Got my invoice from Giantoy today, hopefully I'll get mine soon. We'll probably be seeing pictures of these up on BBICN in the next few days.

Dammit, that was sooner than I expected. Not got my giantoy invoice yet, but assume it'll be soon.

Bad timing, as I just dropped £150 on the Lego Atreides thopter! Doh!

They'll release the Mr Z city girl figure tomorrow, and I'll be eating tinned soup for the rest of the month! 😆

gooboo

Some pictures up on BBICN-

https://bbs.bbicn.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=401112&_dsign=9718d0bb

Valiarde

Valiarde
Thanks gooboo!

Reading the comments, some dislike visible blue veins on the legs.
I think the seam is a bit off putting, but okay.

Overall a good body option to have (not that I need too many of these...)
Smile

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
Yeah, the seam lines are distracting as it comes. The overall look though is quite nice I think. Ultimately the seam lines won’t be an issue as they will be covered for the character she’ll be used for.

Visisonor

Visisonor
Damn, it looks better in that bbicn thread than in promo pictures. I kind of regret not having it.
Veins are a nice touch. Seam lines aren't great but still not too bad.
And as far as I can tell, at least some anatomical details are there.

gooboo

Yes, it would seem they didn't get rid of the anatomical detailing. Those seam lines are kind of ugly though, will be interesting to see if I can paint over them with more silicone.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
I wonder if the seam lines could be scraped down with an X-Acto knife (the backside of the blade), much like has to be done when resin model building…?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

VERYCOOL 1/6 seamless bodies (2 types, 3 colors) - Page 4 1f10

Zes

Zes
Stryker2012 wrote:I wonder if the seam lines could be scraped down with an X-Acto knife (the backside of the blade), much like has to be done when resin model building…?

I doubt it; the seamlines look thick, and silicone is, of course, a soft material when compared to cast resin. Maybe they can be dissolved using a q-tip and a harsh solvent.

Jepasch68

Jepasch68
My figure should arrive at the end of this week. But the approach is already a very big minus point for me. What good is a figure that clothes shouldn't rub off on and that is easy to keep clean if it can only be used fully clothed? In my eyes, seamless means seamless, not with cast seams.

Jepasch68

Jepasch68
Surprisingly, the body arrived already today! But unfortunately the seams are very unattractive. Phiecen does a much better job.
If VC can't get rid of the seams, this will be the first and last body I buy from them.
The nipples are slightly pink, the lower sexual characteristics are present.
The head is from I8 H003, just for the photos on the body.

VERYCOOL 1/6 seamless bodies (2 types, 3 colors) - Page 4 Img_2012
VERYCOOL 1/6 seamless bodies (2 types, 3 colors) - Page 4 Img_2010
VERYCOOL 1/6 seamless bodies (2 types, 3 colors) - Page 4 Img_2011

Jepasch68

Jepasch68
From the front, with clothes, it works. Here with the head of Super Duck SDH 030A.VERYCOOL 1/6 seamless bodies (2 types, 3 colors) - Page 4 Marinb10

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Thanks for the pics!

Well, at least VC deserve some credit for not bowing to the pressure to 'censor' their bodies, unlike TBL (although somebody at BBICN is still confidently claiming that these bodies are censored).

Generally, it looks very much the same as VC's Bayonetta body, ugly visible seams, weirdly 'translucent' skin and all. They don't seem to have particularly tweaked the design, but hopefully the manufacture has been improved - the skin on my Bayonetta figure was stretched so thin it split at both elbows after only a couple of days, even with minimal/careful posing.

The hands and feet appear to be quite nicely sculpted and it might be handy to have at least one of each type and skintone, but I don't see them cornering the market with these.

However, all these new seamless female bodies appearing on the market lately don't compensate for the fact that (to my knowledge at least) no-one has released a new fully-seamless male figure for at least five years, now.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
GeeWillikers wrote:Thanks for the pics!

Well, at least VC deserve some credit for not bowing to the pressure to 'censor' their bodies, unlike TBL (although somebody at BBICN is still confidently claiming that these bodies are censored).

Generally, it looks very much the same as VC's Bayonetta body, ugly visible seams, weirdly 'translucent' skin and all. They don't seem to have particularly tweaked the design, but hopefully the manufacture has been improved - the skin on my Bayonetta figure was stretched so thin it split at both elbows after only a couple of days, even with minimal/careful posing.

The hands and feet appear to be quite nicely sculpted and it might be handy to have at least one of each type and skintone, but I don't see them cornering the market with these.

However, all these new seamless female bodies appearing on the market lately don't compensate for the fact that (to my knowledge at least) no-one has released a new fully-seamless male figure for at least five years, now.
I agree, the seams are rather too obvious. Is this a silicon body vs TPE body problem? TBLeague and Jiaou use TPE, and don't have a visible seam.

As for seamless male figures, LDDoll has a new version out, with a better sculpt and better (more invisible) seams than the previous one I reviewed here. Unfortunately, the body I received is horribly pale, and my go-to oil pastel method does not work on silicone as well as on TPE.

Zes

Zes
These bodies seem quite small, especially with that i8Toys head. It'll be an easy pass for me.

I also agree that the seamlines look egregious.

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
Thanks for the pics Jepasch!

Honestly, while the lines bug me, I’m not going to sweat it. She’s being used for a character that they’ll never be noticed on, which is part of why I preordered (and curiosity).

Since I 3D print my heads, the overall size doesn’t concern me. It’ll just be more sizing work that I already do a lot of.

Gub, which LDDoll is that you reference? I remember your review you linked, but that’s been a good bit since that was done. I don’t remember Zes if you posted anything on it in your thread.

I’ve honestly been only briefly checking in on the forum lately, so I’ve missed replying to a lot of stuff. Not enough energy lately and I just got back from vacation, so I’m behind.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
MeMyself&I wrote:Gub, which LDDoll is that you reference? I remember your review you linked, but that’s been a good bit since that was done. I don’t remember Zes if you posted anything on it in your thread.
This one here. I got a great discount or I wouldn't have gone for it. It is a much better body than the first one which I had reviewed (although the listing information is the same!), except that it is super pale and I have nothing I can really match it with (a semi-stylized Chinese head that almost matches has an impossible to remove neck connector). So no review. The female bodies were more expensive or too busty to consider getting.

Valiarde

Valiarde
Thanks for the pics! Also found my parcel in front of my door this evening when coming back from work. I took a quick look and the seams are not as visible in hand than I feared. Only with side lighting.

Still not great of course.
Will leave it at one body. At the moment I'm more into male bodies anyway for projects

Visisonor

Visisonor
Thanks for more photos, Jepasch68.

While I agree that seam lines are a downgrade, at least the bodies are not censored, which is a win and makes me want to order this body just to support VeryCool.
Ideally we shouldn't have to choose between these two options. Oh well.

GeeWillikers wrote:although somebody at BBICN is still confidently claiming that these bodies are censored
I wonder if VeryCool made two versions, censored for domestic market and uncensored for international orders.

GubernatorFan wrote:Is this a silicon body vs TPE body problem?
So far it's been the trend: all silicone bodies announced here have visible seam lines. I've hypothesized that silicone requires a different casting process.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum