OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your Latest Purchase...

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Go down  Message [Page 24 of 26]

576Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Sep 03, 2024 5:37 pm

Kiwi-Paul

I was always a fan of Dee Williams in the films so it's great to see such fantastic likeness in your purchase. Lucky you!

577Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Sep 04, 2024 2:04 am

BAMComix

Cool Lando fig!

578Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Sep 04, 2024 7:39 am

ukshaun

Kiwi-Paul wrote:I was always a fan of Dee Williams in the films so it's great to see such fantastic likeness in your purchase. Lucky you!

Without looking on IMDb i am sure he has been in many productions. Fact is, all i know him for is Lando Smile

BAMComix wrote:Cool Lando fig!

I can happily recommend the Lando figure.
Some figures ship with a ton of extras, which is cool. In reality, most of those extra's stay in the box.
Lando ships with very in the way of extra's, which is fine.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

579Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Sep 07, 2024 6:29 am

Urushi

I really regretted not to have POed on the Silent Hound. So when I saw that this figure was being released and people were beginning to receive it, I put notifications on every shop I knew, in hope someone would abandon their PO. The Holy Grail came from Giantoy, and I placed an order like 2 minutes after it was made available, haha !

This is my first JPT Design X Popcostume, and I'll get more. The pictures really don't do him justice. The details, the fabric, the cracked lacker on his protections, etc... wow ! So happy !
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Silent10

580Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Sep 07, 2024 6:50 am

teamweapon

Urushi wrote:I really regretted not to have POed on the Silent Hound. So when I saw that this figure was being released and people were beginning to receive it, I put notifications on every shop I knew, in hope someone would abandon their PO. The Holy Grail came from Giantoy, and I placed an order like 2 minutes after it was made available, haha !

This is my first JPT Design X Popcostume, and I'll get more. The pictures really don't do him justice. The details, the fabric, the cracked lacker on his protections, etc... wow ! So happy !
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Silent10
i got mine a couple of weeks ago and have yet to really have a good look at him!
work etc.
so i took a cursory look then put it back in the box Sad
have to say last couple of full figures i got are all in boxes, i should maybe lay off getting them?
that being said this isnt my main hobby either.

581Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Sep 07, 2024 8:49 am

ukshaun

ukshaun
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Leon_m11
LOADING: Image(s)

Baro Studio - LEON: Mathilda Metal Choker BS11_4

This arrived last week. It is better than anything i could put together.
Once i can locate the figure (which is in a box somewhere?) i will attached the choker.
Although the scale is 1/6, i think it is larger than 1/6

The Chocker is for the figure Leon: The Professional and Mathilda
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t5287p60-leon-the-professional-and-mathilda#120001

582Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Sep 07, 2024 9:46 am

Urushi

Urushi
teamweapon wrote:i got mine a couple of weeks ago and have yet to really have a good look at him!
work etc.
so i took a cursory look then put it back in the box Sad
have to say last couple of full figures i got are all in boxes, i should maybe lay off getting them?
that being said this isnt my main hobby either.

I know what you mean. All my figures went back into their boxes and stored recently, because there's a big diorama I have in mind to showcase them. I gathered all the tools, all the material... but can't find the time. Frustrating.

583Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Sep 11, 2024 7:35 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
This arrived yesterday. Review soon.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Htrjv010

584Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Sep 11, 2024 8:58 am

Visisonor

Visisonor
GubernatorFan wrote:This arrived yesterday.
Tell your sister you were right

Awesome acquisition!

Though it's particularly sad with James Earl Jones having become one with the Force...

585Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Sep 11, 2024 9:21 am

Diana

Diana
Great figures all around!! Very Happy 

Awesome transport! 
Lando, YAY! 
Impressive collection of military gear. Looks great in the details!
The beautiful hound figure! Congrats!
And congrats on Vader! He looks amazing with those light effects!

I recently received 
- The Godkiller (John Wick by POPTOYS) 
- Nounkey Studio's The Wife (Naruto's Hinata)
- Brotoys Female Samurai (1/12)
- TBLeague's two 1/12 Spartan Army Commanders

Out of these I might only keep the Spartan Army Commanders though, so no pictures. I'll be moving again at the end of October, so everything is staying in their boxes. -.- 

Regarding Hinata... I'm watching Naruto (around episode 135) and so far I haven't seen her much celebrated character development. Once I do I might take her off my sales-list. She does look great. And there are still around 365 episodes to go! Smile

586Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Sep 11, 2024 2:31 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Excellent acquisitions, Ian & Diana. I’m still waiting on that same Vader.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Ed116210

587Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Sep 11, 2024 3:02 pm

BAMComix

BAMComix
very nice indeed!

588Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Sep 11, 2024 5:20 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Visisonor wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:This arrived yesterday.
Tell your sister you were right

Awesome acquisition!

Though it's particularly sad with James Earl Jones having become one with the Force...
I know, RIP Tulsa Doom. I registered that, but somehow the joy of getting and unboxing Vader made me forget the sadness. Plus, the unmasked head was making me think of Sebastian Shaw and his (removed) eyebrows and force ghost.

Diana wrote:Great figures all around!! Very Happy 

And congrats on Vader! He looks amazing with those light effects!
Thank you, Diana, believe it or not, this is my first actual Hot Toys Darth Vader set (as such). Hence, me playing with the light effects, which I've pretty much only done digitally before.
Sounds like you've got plenty of new goodies yourself, I hope you're loving them.

Stryker2012 wrote:Excellent acquisitions, Ian & Diana. I’m still waiting on that same Vader.
Thank you, Mark. I didn't pre-order, so it was all sold out, so I overpaid (by as little as possible) on eBay -- the point is, this might explain why I got it relatively early for somewhere outside of China/East Asia.

BAMComix wrote:very nice indeed!
Thank you, Dal!

589Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Sep 12, 2024 2:20 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Hot_to32

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Hot_to33

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back - Boba Fett 40TH MMS574

At long last i have a Boba Fett in the 1/6 collection Smile

I took a couple of shot's using a mobile phone (nothing fancy).

1st impressions:
The figure looks excellent!

2nd impressions:
I have to admit, i am a little disappointed in the chest armor placement.
This is supposed to be a high-end Hot Toys figure, and there is no human portrait to paint.
For the high price point, a Hot Toys price point, i think more love could have gone into the chest armor  placement.
Part of me is thinking about attempting to detach th armor plates and reattach them.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Hot_to31

Another thing. Normally Hot Toys figures have some weight to them. Compared to my other Hot Toys figures, Boba Fett feels light in weight?

If i wanted to be hyper picky, more picky than the two comments above - when i ran my figures over the armor, the plastic feels thin/cheap.
Die-cast armor would have been better, and added some extra weight to the figure.

One more thing. The fabric around the neck. Should the vertical seam be on show at the front?
It would make more sense to place the seam at the rear of the neck.

-

All in all, a great figure with some niggles i would not expect from Hot Toys.

590Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Sep 12, 2024 2:34 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
It was about time, Shaun. Smile Just kidding, I was also kinda late in adding a Boba Fett to my collection.

591Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Sep 12, 2024 2:36 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
GubernatorFan wrote:It was about time, Shaun. Smile Just kidding, I was also kinda late in adding a Boba Fett to my collection.

How does the chest armor on your Boba Fett compare to my Boba Fett?

..and great looking Vader you posted up there!

592Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Sep 12, 2024 3:10 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Congrats on Boba. I’ve read so MANY different complaints bout every single Fett that’s been released it’s not funny. I’ve yet to hear anyone say they found one that’s 100%, much like every single Vader.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

593Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Sep 12, 2024 3:27 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
Stryker2012 wrote:Congrats on Boba. I’ve read so MANY different complaints bout every single Fett that’s been released it’s not funny. I’ve yet to hear anyone say they found one that’s 100%, much like every single Vader.

I wonder how to detach the armor from the fabric?

594Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Sep 12, 2024 3:33 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ukshaun wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:It was about time, Shaun. Smile Just kidding, I was also kinda late in adding a Boba Fett to my collection.

Well, my Boba Fett is apparently Jedi (red gauntlets) and yours is Empire (green gauntlets), but I think they are pretty similar. Here is a photo of my figure, also showing you that the ugly seam at the front of the neck is present on it, too, and I was able to verify in Brandon Alinger's Star Wars Costumes that this is screen accurate -- at least that there is no seam at the back of the neck.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Boba110

Here are a couple of photos I took of images from that book, showing the armor as it appears in a Lucasfilm display and stunt and promotion pieces (those last have the most regularized/symmetrical arrangement of the plates). I think Hot Toys was trying to replicate such reference material.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Boba210

If they had used cast metal parts, the figure would be even more unstable, so there may be a silver lining in that. Remember, this is a figure you might pose flying (on one of those flexible gooseneck stands), so they might have taken weight into consideration.

Working on the Vader review; took the photos the other night but still have to edit and write it up.

595Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Sep 12, 2024 4:00 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
GubernatorFan wrote:
ukshaun wrote:

Well, my Boba Fett is apparently Jedi (red gauntlets) and yours is Empire (green gauntlets), but I think they are pretty similar. Here is a photo of my figure, also showing you that the ugly seam at the front of the neck is present on it, too, and I was able to verify in Brandon Alinger's Star Wars Costumes that this is screen accurate -- at least that there is no seam at the back of the neck.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Boba110

Here are a couple of photos I took of images from that book, showing the armor as it appears in a Lucasfilm display and stunt and promotion pieces (those last have the most regularized/symmetrical arrangement of the plates). I think Hot Toys was trying to replicate such reference material.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Boba210

If they had used cast metal parts, the figure would be even more unstable, so there may be a silver lining in that. Remember, this is a figure you might pose flying (on one of those flexible gooseneck stands), so they might have taken weight into consideration.

Working on the Vader review; took the photos the other night but still have to edit and write it up.

The chest area armor looks way better aligned than my Boba Fett's chest armor.
I will look to fix my Boba Fett's chest armor.

596Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Sep 12, 2024 4:15 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
ukshaun wrote:
GubernatorFan wrote:
ukshaun wrote:

The chest area armor looks way better aligned than my Boba Fett's chest armor.
I will look to fix my Boba Fett's chest armor.
Good luck!

597Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Sep 12, 2024 4:32 pm

Zes

Zes
I remember reading about this issue on Reddit a while back:

https://www.reddit.com/r/hottoys/comments/1con07q/are_the_chest_armour_pieces_able_to_be/

Maybe the comments will prove helpful.

I, too, would like to add a Boba Fett to the collection. I had an idea of modifying the Repaint Armor Fett from the Mandalorian to have a lankier body with a black flightsuit but ended up scrapping that idea.

598Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Sep 12, 2024 4:45 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
Zes wrote:I remember reading about this issue on Reddit a while back:

https://www.reddit.com/r/hottoys/comments/1con07q/are_the_chest_armour_pieces_able_to_be/

Maybe the comments will prove helpful.

I, too, would like to add a Boba Fett to the collection. I had an idea of modifying the Repaint Armor Fett from the Mandalorian to have a lankier body with a black flightsuit but ended up scrapping that idea.

The Hot Toys box features an image of the figure 'chest armor' should look.
I guess the factory workers lacked skill in the basic art of armor placement - it's not rocket science Wink

599Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:56 pm

Zes

Zes
I recently picked up the SooSoo Toys Black Aba Warrior, aka the Black Dino Ranger from Power Rangers: Dino Thunder.
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Img_8513
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Img_8514

I usually don't order from SooSoo Toys as I feel the quality of their figures has fallen behind that of their competition. Some years ago, SooSoo was at the top of their game, only slightly below Hot Toys in terms of quality. Now, there are many other third-party companies that produce better figures than SooSoo, such as Toys Era.

That said, I was pleasantly surprised at how he turned out. I definitely prefer the way SooSoo Toys approaches producing Power Rangers figures compared to ThreeZero. My only complaint is that the body that SooSoo uses is very slim. Jason David Frank (RIP) is jacked IRL, so the body should have been more beefy.
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Img_8515

Here he is next to my Ace Toyz Green Hero with some parts from the ThreeZero Green Ranger. The proportions on the Green Ranger are more accurate, and the Black Dino Ranger should have a similar build since it is supposed to be the same guy in the suit.

Other than that, it's a pretty cool figure!

600Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Sep 22, 2024 8:05 am

Diana

Diana
Congrats on Boba Fett! I didn't notice the misalignment of the chest armour until you pointed it out, but now I can't unsee it so I understand the disappointment and wish to fix it.

Nice Power Ranger, too! Those two together pop nicely, especially against that black background. Smile

601Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Sep 22, 2024 4:04 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
They look pretty sharp, Jonathan.

602Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Sep 22, 2024 7:45 pm

Zes

Zes
Diana wrote:Nice Power Ranger, too! Those two together pop nicely, especially against that black background. Smile

Thanks! These two are definitely my favorite rangers in the franchise. I really need to step up my background game. The black fabric backdrop I have isn't cutting it anymore. I'm planning to use AI backgrounds for my next photos

GubernatorFan wrote:They look pretty sharp, Jonathan.

Thanks! I was lucky enough to grab the last one in stock on Taobao. I think a few other sites have him for sale, albeit at a marked up price.

603Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Sep 27, 2024 3:26 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Christmas in September (these all showed up today):

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Img_1210

My Star Trek Voyager main crew is now complete. Now onto the Original Series (hopefully), and only some of the characters from the other shows. I only bought the Chris Pine character for parts, as I thought the movie was pretty... meh...

604Your Latest Purchase... - Page 24 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Sep 27, 2024 3:38 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Stryker2012 wrote:Christmas in September (these all showed up today):

My Star Trek Voyager main crew is now complete. Now onto the Original Series (hopefully), and only some of the characters from the other shows. I only bought the Chris Pine character for parts, as I thought the movie was pretty... meh...
Very nice additions, Mark, congratulations. Great haul. I got the Dances with Wolves head and the Chris Pine set (thanks to Timewalker Toys' sale) -- agree on the movie, but I liked having a medieval-ish musician/spy character, plus the nice Chris Pine head.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 24 of 26]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum