OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Illusion

Stryker2012 wrote:Such an exotic beauty. Nice to see her again — and now dancing away. That’s a pretty cool dish.

Thank you! I am happy you remember her I love you

Visisonor wrote:Colorfull!
Interestingly, the plate is brightly colored too, almost fits her style.

Thank you!

GubernatorFan wrote:I like how you not only created it in the first place, but tied it on together. And as a big fan of Christmas cookies, I love the dish, too.

Thanks so much - I wish I had a nice assortment of cookies. In one the past calendars (when I had not participated yet), someone did Xmas cookies, shapes like snowman, gingerbread man, trees, bells… with colours and stuff. Really neat…

Illusion

For today there has been a little change in the overall concert plan. The guys from my pirates‘ flat share begged me for permission to perform a little song too. They promised to chose something appropriate and behave nicely. I was really sceptical but just could not deny them this request.

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 6 20231220-203341

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 6 20231220-200322

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 6 20231220-200452

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 6 20231220-200600

Well, that was surprisingly decent. They even agreed right away that Harlock should unbox, given that their jokes are usually at his cost.

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 6 20231220-202337

Unbelievably - Harlock gets BOOKS. He is the intellectual guy of the bunch and can‘t get enough books. Of course the others would be welcome to read them too but their interest in books has been pretty low so far. Maybe there are some interesting titles among the new stuff.

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 6 20231220-202920

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 6 Face-App-1703100654904

(Jack had wisely anticipated that the present might not serve his tastes - remembering the plate of vegetables he got last year - and had hidden his personal present in the grand piano before their performance started…)

davidd

I absolutely love seeing your Pirate Flatmates! They are an engaging group of figures: visually interesting with an enormous amount of detail, and the characterizations are quirky and amusing.

Diana

Stryker2012 wrote:Such an exotic beauty. Nice to see her again — and now dancing away. That’s a pretty cool dish.

Couldn't have said it better. Smile

Visisonor

Visisonor
Book reader, now the actual books, cool.

And the pirates with parrots complement Lady Bird from the previous day.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I bet this one was a lot of fun to put together. The parting shot, in particular, is priceless.

Diana

Diana
Haha! I somehow missed the new pictures before my last post! (probably had my reply open for hours before posting.)

Beautiful bunch! The reaction shot of the group's disappointment at the books is particularly entertaining! Very Happy

Illusion

Illusion
davidd wrote:I absolutely love seeing your Pirate Flatmates! They are an engaging group of figures: visually interesting with an enormous amount of detail, and the characterizations are quirky and amusing.

Thank you - I am glad they can still entertain. santa

Visisonor wrote:Book reader, now the actual books, cool.

And the pirates with parrots complement Lady Bird from the previous day.

oh - how nice of you to remember her title I love you - indeed an interesting view of yours!

GubernatorFan wrote:I bet this one was a lot of fun to put together. The parting shot, in particular, is priceless.

Yes, it was fun indeed! I am happy you like it!

Diana wrote:Haha! I somehow missed the new pictures before my last post! (probably had my reply open for hours before posting.)

Beautiful bunch! The reaction shot of the group's disappointment at the books is particularly entertaining! Very Happy

Thank you! good to have had some humour in this too...

Illusion

Illusion
Today we are back into the more festive gear with Gigi (an IT doll from 2007 in a Collector Barbie gown).

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 6 20231221-203225

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 6 20231221-203330

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 6 20231221-203748

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 6 20231221-204112

Cool, veggi finger food! We can never have enough food around.

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 6 20231221-204544

Visisonor

Visisonor
Illusion wrote:
My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 6 20231221-204112
I like this shot a lot. As if Gigi is shyly asking whether we liked her performance.

Illusion wrote:We can never have enough food around
I bet it won't last long with so many people around Smile

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Very elegant looking figure. Nice stuff.

Somehow, I missed the pirates. Hilarious and cool to see such a group.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 6 1f10

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Move over Taylor Swift! Yes, classy and gorgeous, and every photo is a treat. Speaking of the treats, are we sure there's no meat in there? Smile

Illusion

Illusion
Visisonor wrote:
I like this shot a lot. As if Gigi is shyly asking whether we liked her performance.

Illusion wrote:We can never have enough food around
I bet it won't last long with so many people around Smile

Thanks so much! that is actually quite the same I felt about this shot.
Well, at least in 1:1 I try not to have many folks around Embarassed

Stryker2012 wrote:Very elegant looking figure. Nice stuff.

Somehow, I missed the pirates. Hilarious and cool to see such a group.

Thank you! In case you have missed their „adventures“ so far but are interested, there are some episodes of the pirates‘ flat share in photo stories.
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t5726-the-pirates-flat-share-episode-4-theme-night-update-30-oct-2022

GubernatorFan wrote:Move over Taylor Swift! Yes, classy and gorgeous, and every photo is a treat. Speaking of the treats, are we sure there's no meat in there? Smile

yes, we are Very Happy
Thank you!!

Illusion

Illusion
Damian‘s turn today to wish you a merry Christmas.

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 6 20231222-211546

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 6 20231222-212126

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 6 20231222-212835

Today‘s present is very lovely and accurately packaged again…

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 6 20231222-213512

A shopping bag with Xmas shopping list and presents. What a cool and fun idea! and what an effort to do these perfectly fitting socks. Incredible! (and this present is by the lady who had already done the scarf and bonnet of Dec 5 Shocked very generous gifts…)

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 6 20231222-213853

(I could not have Damian present any more. My patience and health did not allow for it. He is such an awful figure. His arms keep falling off at the slightest touch and his head is wobbly. I will have to find a way to get his arms flexibly glued to his shoulders or I will have to sell him. I would have long ago, but I really like him Crying or Very sad Such a desastrous job by Asmus Toys.)

Visisonor

Visisonor
The bag is adorable.

Spoiler:

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
You got me at marzipan! But socks as a gift? That is notoriously underwhelming, although in fact a very practical thing.
Emo teenagers are expected to be trouble, but sorry for yours all the same. Surely you could transfer the head to a different body, if it comes to that. Cutting a small section of small silicon tubing might also help, I've used it for some loose ankle joints.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PPSYJK4/?th=1

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Sorry I misssed so many awesome days of your calendar, been having some difficult time in RL right now. But just wanted to say it continues to be utterly delightful and your collection , posing, and diorama details continue to impress. The choices of music for each day are also very unique and creative. Thanks for sharing with us.

As for the terrible Asmus figure, could you find an upgraded body for him? I know he has tattoos but is there a way to at least upgrade to a better body? Or maybe the outfit is too specifically tailored? (Have had that happen before myself.)

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Diana

Diana
Gigi and Damian and both so beautiful!! Beautiful gifts, too!
I'd also be inclined to swap the body, even when losing the tattoos in the process. But that head and those clothes are just so nice! I was quite tempted by that release. Maybe a Jiaou JOK-17A would be a good fit?

We are all rooting for Damian. Laughing

Illusion

Illusion
Thank you very much for your advice !

a body swap is definitely NO option - esp. not with THIS body. The tattooed body is a crucial part of the figure. The head is nice but not enough by itself. Also the clothes would be difficult to fit as the body is comparatively slim. It is for sure an "all or nothing figure".

@Visisonor: I will look into this link sometime after the holidays. Thank you!

Illusion

Illusion
We are unto the very last performance in this year's Christmas Chamber Concert: Zyralie gives us an all time classic, accompanied by Jette at the grand piano.

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 6 20231223-231222

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 6 20231223-231315

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 6 20231223-231418

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 6 20231223-231534

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 6 20231223-231737

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 6 20231223-232018

The last present is a big bang: huge amount of work went into doing this quilt.
Alas, I did not get suitable colours... there are so much nicer ones around... but that is the advent calendar lottery...

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 6 20231223-232459

I thank you all for joining me in this thread. I hope you have enjoyed it - some days more, some days less so.

I wish you a very merry christmas and happy holiday season. Stay warm and safe and have good start into the next year!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
A lovely finale to a beautiful sequence. Thank you for treating us to your warm and dazzling scenes, sharing the inventiveness of you kind and interactive group and the beauty of your creations.

Merry Christmas to you and yours! For my family, Christmas Eve was always the main celebration, and perhaps it is so for yours. At any rate, you have managed to put me quite a bit into the Christmas spirit, at a time of severe distraction with less happy things. So, thanks again.

Visisonor

Visisonor
The final performance was very expressive.

Thank you for so many happy moments!

Happy holidays!

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Beautiful ladies and nice quilt.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 6 1f10

csyeung

csyeung
Fantastic thread! Awesome pictures and outfits.

Merry Xmas to you too!

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
Illusion wrote:My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 6 20231223-231534

She's my favorite I think, but I also love that head sculpt! It is one of my favorites. Very nicely done all around and very creative! Thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays!

davidd

davidd
A beautiful finale to the Christmas countdown!

Bravo! Well done! Standing ovation!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thank you for the beautiful photos each day, they have been such a treat. And that is indeed a lovely quilt!

Merry Christmas!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
Stunning finale, thank you for sharing this beautiful journey with an amazing set, cast and creators! Merry Christmas!

r3500vdp

Amazing series, so much detail to admire in each photo, a lot of hours must have gone into these, thank you!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum