OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 7]

BAMComix

cool!

Illusion

Back home now and hopefully back to schedule tomorrow.

Diana wrote:Hah! Ed is one great doll. And his startled pose is awesome! Very Happy
Love Jinx' attitude! Beautiful shots! 
And Bea is gorgeous, too. Love that last shot of her at the piano!

Thank you! - yes, I was quite pleased how the startled pose turned out. It is a change to all the standing around whilst singing.  rendeer
Well, quite obvious that Jinx is one of the special badass girls. Twisted Evil  Though they all kind of have their somewhat aloof attitude.

davidd wrote:You coax an impressive range of realistic poses out of those Integrity dolls! Beautiful scenes!

Is the piano actually a functioning miniature replica? It appears that the keys move, at any rate!

Thanks so much! yeah, you know the frustrating lack of articulation of those dolls - and the next to impossible mission to get them to stand by themselves.

Yes, the piano actually does work. All keys move. You could play it with toothpicks - but I have not tried yet because it is a Japanese plug. And as I would not know what to do with it being plugged in, I do not want to risk to damage it plugging it with a similar German plug. (There is also an SD card slot to have it play recorded stuff. However, the instruction being Japanese...  Laughing )
I saw it here on the board and finally got it in November. And I have not regretted doing so. I am quite happy with it. (ebay "Sega Toys Grand Pianist" if anyone is interested. I got a used one.)

skywalkersaga wrote:Beautiful doll, piano, lighting, and scenery! What a nice choice to leave us with for now. Smile

Thank you! nice to keep seeing you around

Ephiane wrote:Thank you for your Christmas concert on this gorgeous grand piano. I'm still jealous of the way you photograph. I'm always fascinated by all the details. The small vessels with plants in them. The rose quartz? Table is a luxury piece of furniture that suits the extravagant lady very well. Thank you for your effort in making us all happy when looking at your pictures.

Thanks so much!  santa  I hope my efforts succeed once in a while. Thinking of your amazing creativity and fearless approach to customising incredibly out-of-the-ordinary figures, there is absolutely no reason to be jealous of my rather default photographs. But of course I am happy that you like my stuff.

Visisonor wrote:Oh, I didn't notice the piano keys until David pointed them out. This is heavy, Doc!
Bea looks right at home playing it.
Did she have help assembling the table? The Genie could make it happen I guess.

Thank you for being a frequent visitor too!

As for the piano, see above pls.

Great idea that I had not thought of. The Genie could use a bit of practice - but then again: do we have more than 3 wishes? if not, we should not waste them on assembling furniture...

Stryker2012 wrote:Beautiful figure, and neat shots. That table is something else.

Thanks very much for bearing with me! The table was indeed a cool surprise - but most presents are. We just rarely get furniture.

BAMComix wrote:Just lovely Very Happy

Thank you!

GubernatorFan wrote:Oswald is a cool dude for getting with the program and singing, and that table was indeed something else, but I'm still blown away by Bea and every aspect of your photos with her.

Thanks you so much! I am really glad you enjoy Bea.  Very Happy

Visisonor wrote:Nutcracker, a classic!
I totally expected the dog in the video to play Tchaikovsky, so I assume the Dalmatian from your photo did.

Laughing  yes, now THAT choice of music would have just blown the improbability scale (just remember that I did the planning of music and figures before knowing what is inside the presents)

csyeung wrote:ooh! Love your advent calender thread! Always fun to see all the amazing creations your group makes. Thanks for sharing again this year!

You are most welcome. Thanks so much for joining.

Diana wrote:Haha, Oswald is cool. And those churros look amazing! Dalmatian and nutcracker, too, of course. Smile

Thank you! The churros are a 3D print and I am really amazed how real they look, all crisp and sugary...

ElBundy wrote:Wow, perfect and lovingly designed again! Congratulations!

Thank you! Glad you stopped by.

GubernatorFan wrote:Your dog is adorable. Even if we didn't see or hear it play and sing. Smile

well, ONE of them singing should be enough  Laughing
I find it remarkable though that dogs should come up with such ideas... has anyone here any such experience?

Visisonor wrote:Zoe contrasts so much with overcast weather outside the window.

yes, a little "winter rainbow"  (new coat to show off Wink  )

davidd wrote:Real fireworks?
Or miniature scale fireworks?
Or... miniature scale real fireworks?

Laughing
just miniature scale unreal fireworks... fine with me... not a big fan of the real stuff.
serves decoration purposes perfectly Cool

Stryker2012

Founding Father
Missed quite a bit. Oswald looks intense while singing. Cute dog, and your colorful traveler looks cute.

Illusion

We continue with the regular program…
The god of mischief promised to behave for his performance.

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 4 20231214_081657

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 4 20231214_081942

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 4 20231214_082058

Today‘s present is a nice Christmas decoration and … well, looks like a prank for Loki. The second part is more for the girls. So, Loki calls for Zahara to quickly model this hairpiece for us. He could not be persuaded to put it on himself.

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 4 20231214_082610

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 4 20231214_082857

no further comment What a Face

BAMComix

BAMComix
Very cool! Poor old Loki, for once the joke was on him!

Visisonor

Visisonor
Illusion wrote:The god of mischief promised to behave for his performance.
But it looks like in the end he did prank Zahara Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Luckily, her beauty shines through even under Loki's prank.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Zoe travelling on the dashboard is wonderful.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Loki should have tried that hair piece on. Zahara looks cute in it though.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 4 1f10

Illusion

Illusion
THANKS EVERYONE!!

I kind of get the impression that you are not quite convinced of the usefullness of this hairpiece either. scratch

Agnes has chosen a less well known piece of music today - also for German ears...

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 4 20231214-222909

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 4 20231214-223117

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 4 20231214-223646

oh, today's present is not for Agnes... She is only interested in greenery with colourful heads that are there to flatter her...
where are my passionate cooks?
It's nice raised bed for herbs. What an unusual idea. Quite a surprise too.

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 4 20231214-224016

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Ooooh, she's gorgeous! Love her hair and outfit!

And you are right, that's a very creative idea for a gift!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Visisonor

Visisonor
Oh! Another beauty, and another Marlene Dietrich reference.
And today's gift is more practical then the hairpiece Smile

davidd

davidd
What a remarkable variety of unusual little miniatures you have found for this project!

I'm a bit unclear. Are these all things you have found or made? Or are you part of a group who exchange miniatures they have crafted, created, or otherwise found and exchanged?

Illusion

Illusion
skywalkersaga wrote:Ooooh, she's gorgeous! Love her hair and outfit!

And you are right, that's a very creative idea for a gift!

Thank you !

Visisonor wrote:Oh! Another beauty, and another Marlene Dietrich reference.
And today's gift is more practical then the hairpiece Smile

Laughing … well, there are folks who can put the hairpiece to better use than I can. Let‘s keep it at that. Cool

davidd wrote:What a remarkable variety of unusual little miniatures you have found for this project!

I'm a bit unclear. Are these all things you have found or made? Or are you part of a group who exchange miniatures they have crafted, created, or otherwise found and exchanged?

I explained it in my very first post:

The annual 1:6 advent calender is based on a group activity in a German Doll Collector Forum (mostly Barbie and fashion dolls, but also many types of other dolls, mostly 1:6). Every year some members team up for an advent calender. Everyone handmakes a little present, as many copies of each as there are participants. The presents are shipped to a one person who repacks the parcels so that everyone receives one piece of each present. In the ideal world 24 people would do 24 different items. In reality we rarely have 24, so some people do more than 1 present for us to get to 24. This year 18 collectors are participating in the calender.

So, I only made the stuff of December 1st. All other items were contributed by different people (and I never know in advance - when taking the first pics - what I will get).

Does that help/clarify how the calendar works? santa

davidd

davidd
Illusion wrote:

Does that help/clarify how the calendar works? santa

geek Yes, it does. I was being a bit dim. Your initial explanation was sufficiently clear, but thank you for the further clarification. I'm not sure why it wasn't fully registering with me what you were explaining the first time. scratch

Illusion

Illusion
davidd wrote:
geek   Yes, it does. I was being a bit dim. Your initial explanation was sufficiently clear, but thank you for the further clarification. I'm not sure why it wasn't fully registering with me what you were explaining the first time.   scratch

Happens easily. Simply too many entries in little time in this thread. Wink
I am happy to see you around rendeer

Diana

Diana
Haha! Loki looks so funny in a very good way. What an impressive actor/character. I thoroughly enjoyed his show, too. 

Agnes and Marlene make a great coupling! And that gift is indeed very inventive and cool! (The candles are pretty cool, too!)

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Agnes is lovely; has a Grace Kelly look about her. Neat little planter.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Another interesting character and interesting gift. Before long, you'd be ready for any modern sixth scale environment.

BAMComix

BAMComix
She looks really smart!

Illusion

Illusion
Thank you very much! I greatly enjoy your company santa

Ada greeted Saturday with a merrier tune again.

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 4 20231215-230301

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 4 20231215-230336

As the sledge was taken, she chose the chaiselongue… and unwrapped a lovely crocheted stole! Quite some effort must have been put in these. Hats off again.

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 4 20231215-230824

davidd

davidd
I like that outfit a lot!
The overall holiday decor is quite stylish!
Nice wine rack in the background! Your details and accessories look very realistic, with nothing "toy-like" to spoil the illusion of reality-in-miniature.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Very cute, and her dress is cool. The kitty looks contented.

Visisonor

Visisonor
The stole fits the style of Ada's outfit.
And it's subtle but nice to see how the presents accumulate in the room.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Yes, I agree. She looks fantastic!

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That final photo is just so gorgeously composed, very warm and cozy holiday feeling.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

ukshaun

ukshaun
I never knew Scarlet Witch and Neo were an item.
Good work Smile

Neat looking stone wall texture. It takes me back to my travels to Easter Europe.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

Illusion

Illusion
thank you so much!
I am sorry I cannot write more. I got utterly sick with COVID and just roll around in my bed.

at least here are today‘s pics which I took yesterday whilst still ok

My Twins Lilac and Lilja wth another instrumental piece:

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 4 20231216-201410

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 4 20231216-201625

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 4 20231216-201750

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 4 20231216-210151

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 4 20231216-202106

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 4 20231216-202327

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 4 20231216-202717

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 4 20231216-210810

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 4 20231216-211015

davidd

davidd
Lovely scenes of the musical duet! The gowns are superb. Once again, the "fashion doll" figures are expertly posed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum