OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Illusion

In Germany Dec 6 is „Nikolaustag“, Santa Claus Day. He brings sweets, fruit, nuts or/and small presents on the night from Dec 5 to Dec 6. To remind everyone, Mr Grindelwald is announcing Santa‘s visit.

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 2 20231205-082019

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 2 20231205-074419

He's got company on the grand piano by Zahara:

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 2 20231205-074853

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 2 20231205-074634

Today's present feels soft like some textiles - again... it does not come out easily...

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 2 20231205-075211

A lovely set of scarf and bonnet. Very skilled knitting and nice colours (not as bright as the pics make them appear).

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 2 20231205-075505

Hats off by Santa!

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 2 20231205-075639

Meanwhile someone else is interested in the cords of Santa's bag.

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 2 20231205-075718

Unfortunately my picture hosting site presently does not allow for the upload of new pics. Quite a bummer. My alternative site makes them quite small which reduces the quality even more and they look even more blurry Crying or Very sad
I really hope the other site to be back eventually.
EDIT: I replaced the smaller ones with an upload on a different site, as suggested by BAMComix. Thanx!

Visisonor

Grindenwald looks... unamused Smile
I haven't seen the movie, he is probably supposed to look grumpy, being the darkest wizard of his time and all that. But here the impression is that he looks so because he is forced to wear this Santa outfit.

P.s. and turns out it's Johnny Depp. Of course I did not recognize him...

BAMComix

Illusion wrote:In Germany Dec 6 is „Nikolaustag“, Santa Claus Day. He brings sweets, fruit, nuts or/and small presents on the night from Dec 5 to Dec 6. To remind everyone, Mr Grindelwald is announcing Santa‘s visit.

He's got company on the grand piano by Zahara:

Today's present feels soft like some textiles - again... it does not come out easily...

A lovely set of scarf and bonnet. Very skilled knitting and nice colours (not as bright as the pics make them appear).

Hats off by Santa!

Meanwhile someone else is interested in the cords of Santa's bag.

Unfortunately my picture hosting site presently does not allow for the upload of new pics. Quite a bummer. My alternative site makes them quite small which reduces the quality even more and they look even more blurry Crying or Very sad
I really hope the other site to be back eventually.

Have you tried postimage? I use it as a back up to my flickr for quick pics. Just use he hotlink for forums on the share option and your good to go. Hope it helps.
Wonderful pics again! I love that Christmas robe!

Stryker2012

Founding Father
Awesome new stuff. Like the scarf and hat. The kitten looks interested as well.

Illusion

Illusion
Visisonor wrote:Grindenwald looks... unamused Smile
I haven't seen the movie, he is probably supposed to look grumpy, being the darkest wizard of his time and all that. But here the impression is that he looks so because he is forced to wear this Santa outfit.

P.s. and turns out it's Johnny Depp. Of course I did not recognize him...

yeah, well.... whenever the male population over here has to dress up like Santa, they tend to be somewhat grumpy. Mr Grindelwald however has a certain predisposition already.

BAMComix wrote:

Have you tried postimage? I use it as a back up to my flickr for quick pics. Just use he hotlink for forums on the share option and your good to go. Hope it helps.

Thank you!!! I tried postimage for today. I suppose it is better than what I used yesterday but I still hope my default hosting site to come back. Does not look promising though Crying or Very sad

Stryker2012 wrote:Awesome new stuff. Like the scarf and hat. The kitten looks interested as well.

Thank you. Glad to see you around.

Illusion

Illusion
Today Marlène sings about the little drummer boy.

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 2 20231205-202756

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 2 20231205-203410

Today's heavy little parcel has a little Santa to celebrate "Santa Claus Day"-

It contains a variety of Hogwarts literature: 2 editions of The Quibbler, a Daily Prophet and two books. Brain food to enjoy on the couch after a walk in the Winter Wonderland.

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 2 20231206-081607

Marlène is especially interested in the book about the Dark Arts.

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 2 20231206-081736

davidd

davidd
Ooh, all the little books are different! Different sizes, and colors, and titles! Nice work!

Her outfit is glamorous.

I love the newspaper wrapped in a paper band!

So many details, things I would never think of doing!

Just brilliant scenes!

Diana

Diana
davidd wrote:Ooh, all the little books are different! Different sizes, and colors, and titles! Nice work!

Her outfit is glamorous.

Just brilliant scenes!

Well said. I concur! Gorgeous little details! I hadn't even noticed the newspaper. It just looked so normal! 
What a beautiful tradition. I can imagine all of the participants having tons of realistic dioramas full with little details like that.  Smile

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Wow, Marlene is gorgeous and very striking hair and outfit! Agree with others that the little accessories and details here are a delight!

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Wow! She’s lovely. I dig the ‘20s hairstyle. Nice diorama.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 2 1f10

BAMComix

BAMComix
Illusion wrote:
BAMComix wrote:

Thank you!!! I tried postimage for today. I suppose it is better than what I used yesterday but I still hope my default hosting site to come back. Does not look promising though  Crying or Very sad

bounce Yay, hopefully it will work as a stop gap for you until your original site comes back Wink

Illusion

Illusion
davidd wrote:Ooh, all the little books are different! Different sizes, and colors, and titles! Nice work!

Her outfit is glamorous.
Just brilliant scenes!

Thanks so much - well, I see a lot of things in your excellent pics that I would never think of doing  Very Happy

Diana wrote:
Well said. I concur! Gorgeous little details! I hadn't even noticed the newspaper. It just looked so normal! 
What a beautiful tradition. I can imagine all of the participants having tons of realistic dioramas full with little details like that.  Smile

Thank you! there are indeed several participants with different dioramas... living rooms to christmas market booths... really nice and varied and fun  (but of course not all participants have the time to take pics)

skywalkersaga wrote:Wow, Marlene is gorgeous and very striking hair and outfit! Agree with others that the little accessories and details here are a delight!

Thank you very much. santa

Stryker2012 wrote:Wow! She’s lovely. I dig the ‘20s hairstyle. Nice diorama.

Thank you!

I am happy when I can entertain you all a little.

BAMComix wrote:
bounce  Yay, hopefully it will work as a stop gap for you until your original site comes back Wink

so far, it does - not sure I would want to continue to upload stuff at the other provider. Seems to be somewhat instable. Not the best feeling with them now. Yesterday ALL pics were gone for a short while affraid so I moved all of the Advent Calender 2023 to postimage. Hope it will last until Xmas Laughing

Illusion

Illusion
Today it is Rose's turn to entertain you. The blanket and books are made for a cozy evening on the couch...

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 2 20231207-053112

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 2 20231207-053753

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 2 20231207-054738

Number 7 is a larger package again... a flat bag actually...

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 2 20231207-054209

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 2 20231207-053532

Shocked - interesting indeed... a lama matching Rose's hair colour... let's take it to the couch to cuddle with or use as a pillow...

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 2 20231207-055419

(a somewhat odd 1:6 accessory... I assume it to be a contribution by someone who did two presents... but we will only know tonight)

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
She’s very cute, and so is her gift. The La Meurta dress is rather incongruous for Christmas, but it’s my kind of sensibility.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Rose is my favorite so far (alongside Neo). It is incredibly wonderful of you to undertake such a laborious but rewarding project yet again this year, and to document it so beautifully. Your creations, big (diorama) and small (jewelry), continue to amaze in every installment.

Visisonor

Visisonor
Maybe this llama is actually LLaMA, a language model...

Marlène reminds me of a certain actress with her 20s hairstyle and attire, but the hair color is different.

BAMComix

BAMComix
So, cool!

Illusion

Illusion
Stryker2012 wrote:She’s very cute, and so is her gift. The La Meurta dress is rather incongruous for Christmas, but it’s my kind of sensibility.

well, you are probably right... but the thought did not occur to me at all. I just wanted to dress her up with bright colours to look fun and happy. AND: the dress is new so I wanted to try and show it Wink
(As someone with a difficult attitude towards Christmas, I actually do own a T-Shirt with a tree decorated with little golden skulls, subtitled "have a merry f***ing Christmas")

GubernatorFan wrote:Rose is my favorite so far (alongside Neo). It is incredibly wonderful of you to undertake such a laborious but rewarding project yet again this year, and to document it so beautifully. Your creations, big (diorama) and small (jewelry), continue to amaze in every installment.

Thank you very much. I am happy to see you around too and that you enjoy it again.

Visisonor wrote:Maybe this llama is actually LLaMA, a language model...

Marlène reminds me of a certain actress with her 20s hairstyle and attire, but the hair color is different.

That is a great song! and we will come across some Marlene again on a later day...

BAMComix wrote:So, cool!

Thank you!

Illusion

Illusion
Mr. Harris has a more solemn tune again today.

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 2 20231208-060702

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 2 20231208-061210

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 2 20231208-061848

Today's present is one of the biggest. Ed briefly thought about calling for help to get it.

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 2 20231208_062046

But being a strong guy, he managed by himself.

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 2 20231208_062204

Oops! - he must have rubbed along the lamp's side when getting it out of the packaging...

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 2 20231208_062756

... and now he's got three Christmas wishes (but easy ones please, the baby-djinn still needs some practice.

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 2 20231208_062643

Valiarde

Valiarde
second to last pic Laughing He is really cought by surprise

BAMComix

BAMComix
So much detail!

davidd

davidd
A magic lamp! That was an unexpected surprise! Clever fog effect as the genie emerges!

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
A Genie! That’s brilliant. Nice effect with the cotton.

Visisonor

Visisonor
I was as surprised as Mr. Harris seemed to be on the sight of that little djinn Smile

Illusion

Illusion
Thanks everyone!

Yes, the genie was an excellent surprise indeed.

The lady who did it, contributed a 1:6 genie lady to the action figure competition of the German forum that Valiarde and Ovy also participated in.
Here's the link to her figure:
http://forum.action-figure-district.de/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=3949
I am not a big fan of her face but other than that I think it turned out wonderful and the smoke effect is fantastic.

Illusion

Illusion
Jinx thought today's song is for her. She refused to dress up more festively but I agreed to let her sing anyway.

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 2 20231208_205624

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 2 20231208_205843

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 2 20231208_210911

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 2 20231208_210640

a flat envelope, very accurate packaging...

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 2 20231208_211252

WOW - a gingerbread heart! extremely accurate work. Hats off to the creator! We love it!

My advent calender 2023 - a Christmas Chamber Concert - Page 2 20231209_104809

Quick note to everyone "subscribing" to this thread: I will be travelling for the next 4 days so I will have some reduced program or may not post at all. We will see.
But in any case I will show you the presents eventually.

davidd

davidd
Oooh! She's a sultry, smoldering cutie! Elegant series of "casual" portraits! Classy stuff!

Visisonor

Visisonor
Spoiler:

Illusion wrote:She refused to dress up more festively
And she looks like she means business.
Nice gingerbread.

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
Wonderful thread, thank you for hosting your reveals.... it’s equally exciting seeing how you style and backdrop these, along with the range of creative items which emerge. Safe travels and looking forward to the next instalments when you have time!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum