OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your Latest Purchase...

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 32 of 40]

776Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:03 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
I'm not surprised you like Fennec Shand best, Mark, but nice haul.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

777Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:37 pm

valentin

So anyway, a few weeks ago, my dad had an alleged stroke and i was trying to distract myself, but ended up blue smoking my new 3D printer(both the hotend and the motherboard burnt). Initially, thought it was just the hotend, and dhl express delivery spares from europe for it, but turns out to be motherboard as well, as that part fused the plastic housing and melted the microSD card, and I burnt my fingers badly on it too, due to being to distracted and lack of rest....

TLDR.... LOL, I got a new printer, and larger this time, the elegoo neptune 3 MAX, with print volume of 420mm x 420mm x 500mm.

Top is new, and bottom is old.
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Whats132

The VSToys Chocobo for scale...
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Whats133

778Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:06 pm

GubernatorFan

Founding Father
Good luck to your dad, and, no a completely different level, to your new printer.

https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com

779Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:05 am

Stryker2012

Founding Father
Sorry to hear about your dad. Hope everything works out.

780Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:07 pm

Diana

Diana
Valentin, I hope you're Dad is already doing much better or will soon. Congrats on your new printer!! That's very exciting! I know cause...

I got myself an XTool D1 Pro Laser Cutter/Engraver. Super excited to get started! I still have to attach the air compressor and then it's time for a test run! I see some walls and furniture happening in the near future... (But mostly I want to create layered wood art. ^^)

781Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:06 pm

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
Hope and prayers for you dad, Valentin!

Nice printer!
As for a recent new purchase, these arrived today (review to follow once I figure out the 1,000,000 accessories) (ETA: WHY UPSIDE DOWN????):

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Img_6019

782Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:01 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Fixed it for you. Nice haul; good luck putting them together.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins!

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 1f10

783Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:01 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Nice. And Mark is the best.

784Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:31 pm

cdn_rhino

davidd wrote:
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 53133281745_ebb94e7894_z
DID 80154 1/6 WWII German Flying Ace “Star of Africa” Marseille Boots

In short: doll shoes.

This is an illustration of the total random nature of my doll and figure "collection," and of the "because it looks cool" approach I take to action figure and doll purchases.

I was scrolling through eBay listings a few weeks ago (these boots arrived today from a seller in China) looking for something else and these military shoes for a male 1/6-scale action figure caught my eye. I mean... they looked cool. And the asking price seemed reasonable.

I compared prices to another site that carries such things -- MonkeyDepot.com -- and this pair was a better price (usually MD prices are hard to beat)... so I bought them.

I did not have a specific project in mind for these shoes. I was not looking for "male action figure military shoes" at the time. I rationalized the purchase by a) having money to spend, b) I liked the looks, and c) I never seem to have enough male action figure footwear.

Now that I have the shoes, I wonder what additional purchases they will lead to?

From the WWII German desert figures. Very nice boots.

skywalkersaga wrote:Those are gorgeous doll shoes, the exact sort I like to indulge in when I have the extra ££ available. For what end? Well, I have a long term plan of something fun I want to do once I get through my SW  WIPs. Razz

Thanks for sharing, and looking forward to seeing what you do with them.

I have used these boots for my Rebel Commando figures from ROTJ. The are the best closest option.

ukshaun wrote:A 1/6th figure from the past, i picked up recently by Sideshow Collectibles
I am not 100% sure of the correct title for the figure.

The box is printed with the words:
THE DEAD

Attached to the box is a sticker featuring the words:
BIOHAZARD
Subject 1025
CASE No.: 030608 - 30070508

Online the figure is sometimes referred to as:
The Subject 1025: The Babysitter

For more images and opinions click here:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t5841p100-ukshaun-s-random-pics#102686

I really enjoyed those older Sideshow zombie figures. So much fun. Nice find

785Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:26 am

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
Stryker2012 wrote:Fixed it for you. Nice haul; good luck putting them together.

Thanks! Is there a way for me to fix the orientation if it’s does that again, or is that a moderator power?

I have Patton together so far. Tons of tiny bits my hands don’t approve of grabbing. But after only 4 hours Patton is where I want him. Rommel is tomorrow’s problem.

786Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:08 pm

valentin

valentin
Thanks and appreciate the kind thoughts, GubernatorFan,Stryker2012,MeMyself&I, & Diana. He's well, and quite happy to be a 4th time stroke survivor.

In other news.... tried my first print using marble filament... and I liking it already. Though, i probably change out the stickers to water slide decals instead.

This is 1/12, and probably will scale down for my close pals because of their Hasbro TVC collections.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Photo_29
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Photo_30
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Photo_31
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Photo_33
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Photo_34
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Photo_32

787Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:16 pm

BAMComix

BAMComix
Excellent!

788Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:04 pm

csyeung

csyeung
whoa that mural turned out great!

I got Fennec shand recently and still need to open.

Not 1/6 but i didnt get a chance to walk around Fanexpo Can much but i did pick up this shfiguarts Anya Forger from the anime Spy x family hehe. Was too adorable not to. Waku waku!

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Dsc06711
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Dsc06712

789Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:44 pm

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
Anya is awesome! Love the new profile pic!

790Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:46 pm

csyeung

csyeung
hehe thanks, I think it's appropriate on how i feel when i visit the forum. Always excited to see everyone's collection and new products available!

791Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:59 am

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
I totally missed it originally (that's what I get for being on my phone more than my computer), but I'm glad to hear your dad is doing better Valentin! Prayers that that 4th time is the last time! Also, that marble filament is interesting. I like the look (SW theme and all).

792Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:45 am

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
As for my latest, as noted earlier I picked up some WWII figs from MonkeyDepot. I won't waste everyone's time with a review. Most of you are much more familiar with DiD than I am and what I have to say you already know. For those in the back, lets just say you get your money's worth and if you want to get something from them just do it. I am SUPER impressed with the amount you get, and the overall quality, like, wow, absolutely incredible. Very happy with my purchase! Oh, and I am fairly certain that the second head sculpt you get if you purchase the Patton accessory kit is a replicate of George C. Scott so you can recreate his portrayal of Patton from the movie of the same name. Which is awesome IMO!

That said, I apologize in advance if I offend any WWII history purists out there. I am fascinated by that time in history, and I do study it in my free time, but I am very overwhelmed with the amount of things you can add and do with all the loose parts for these figures.

That said, you may notice I have Patton at his 4 star general rank. It is not accurate to what all he would have going on with his uniform, namely in his various medals and bars. If anyone has tips/tricks/suggestions on where to go to fully get him up to snuff, especially with what I can use to do his dress uniform, then by all means let me know!

Slight disclaimer before the pics. There is a part of me that feels under different circumstances these two individuals, General Patton and Field Marshal Rommel, would have actually been pretty decent friends. They were both geniuses with tank warfare, respected by their troops, and feared by their enemies. To say they would have had things to talk about and stories to share is an understatement. Well, I ran with that alternate route/history as you will see in my pics and the very short story I came up with.

Ol Blood and Guts, Willie(!) and the Desert Fox
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Doal3415
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Doal3511
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Doal3510
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Doal3514
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Doal3512
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Doal3513
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Doal3517
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Doal3515

Two war dogs
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Doal3516

"This is my favorite pistol"
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Doal3518

"Check out the engraving and the ivory handles"
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Doal3519
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Doal3610

"It is a stunning firearm. May I shoot it?" - Rommel, probably.

*Looks down range at a photo of Hitler* "Aim for that @#$%^&'s tiny mustache." - Patton, also probably.
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Doal3612
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Doal3611
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Doal3613

War dogs pt 2
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Doal3614

793Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:25 am

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I'm glad you're enjoying your new acquisition and looks like they are having fun too.

794Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:18 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Nice fig, great photos!

795Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:50 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Dsc00415
LOADING: Image(s)

The title of this 12" figure by Sideshow Collectibles, based on the wording on the box, is..

GOLDFINGER

Honor Blackman
as
Pussy Galore

A 1/6th scale blast from Sideshow's figure past. I spotted this on ebay and had to see it in hand Smile

For more images and opinions click here:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t5841p120-ukshaun-s-random-pics#103127

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

796Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:27 pm

Diana

Diana
Nice figures and beautifully photographed. (both the neutral black background with the superb lighting, as well as the perspective trick with the weirdly in scale staircase in the background. Laughing

797Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:00 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
MeMyself&I - those are indeed really nice figures, and your little alternative universe photoshoot is very well done. Very Happy

ukshaun -- agree, that's a very neat perspective trick in those pics!

Of my own recent purchases, only one has arrived so far, that's the WorldBox 'girl body' (regular version in suntan). My immediate impression of it is quite positive. I'll go to the main thread for it to talk about it further though. ;p

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

798Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:41 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Nice figures, MM&I. That would have been an interesting meeting.

Shaun, nice Pussy Galore (god I love those Bond Girl names — I miss those days!).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

799Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:25 pm

ukshaun

ukshaun
@Diana The staircase was a fluke. At the time, i had simply moved the table away from the widow, as the sunlight was too bright even with the blinds pulled.

@skywalkersaga the perspective 'trick' was not planned.

@Stryker2012 The name really is something else.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

800Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Sep 03, 2023 5:59 pm

kyuzo2802

kyuzo2802
Not my latest purchase but thought I'd share since I'm new here. Wanted a non-anime version of Casca from Berserk and thought this was close enough, although not quite the right tone or resemblance.

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Casca113

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Casca211

Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Casca411

801Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:07 pm

Diana

Diana
Aaaah, ni e Imperial Guardian. Can't really go wrong with TBLeague. She looks great! Very Happy

802Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:11 pm

Stryker2012

Stryker2012
Founding Father
Nice figure, Kyuzo. Nicely photographed.

803Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:18 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Great addition!

804Your Latest Purchase... - Page 32 Empty Re: Your Latest Purchase... Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:50 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
That figure looks beautiful in your lighting, kyuzo!

Today my Hot Toys Attack of the Clones R2-D2 finally arrived!!!! Had been waiting for him for ages due to a shipping error, but thankfully he appeared safe and sound on my doorstep this afternoon.

I have a dog client arriving any moment so sadly I can't unbox him and play with him, but it's something to look forward to.... :')

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 32 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum