OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Valiardes Photography Thread

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 18]

51Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:53 pm

Stryker2011

Founding Father
Excellent shadow. That was really cool.

52Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:02 am

Diana

Oh these are all really cool shots! Love the scene and lighting and composition and posing. The shadow is of course priceless. Smile

53Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:11 am

TravelGuide

Wonderful shots. But only when Visisonor mentioned Darth Vader I noticed it, I'm just not that much into Star Wars.

54Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:48 am

Randam Hajile

Valiarde wrote:Thanks a lot everybody!

Normally my interest in the hobby aren't the modern girls, but since there is a certain project going on, I did some more "girl" shots lately. Here is another one posing on tattoine Smile

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 3 06fpaTEh

Very nice work, Valiarde. I like the light very much.
Do you still need more photos for the calendar? As mentioned before, I could also contribute something. Smile

55Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:47 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
Thanks again everyone - this forum is pure awesauce

GubernatorFan wrote:Well, posing her standing in that doorway evokes a more specific occupation and activity... but yes, the shadow is priceless.  Perhaps somewhere there is a different (and better?) version of the Prequel Trilogy, which was once advertised in posters with a Vader shadow being cast by baby Anakin.  And perhaps you have unearthed precisely that.

One can't deny that Vader is a sexy beast Smile

More lost footage? Razz

TravelGuide wrote:Wonderful shots. But only when Visisonor mentioned Darth Vader I noticed it, I'm just not that much into Star Wars.

Eh no problem I'm also not into every franchise out there. Still glad you liked it.

Randam Hajile wrote:
Very nice work, Valiarde. I like the light very much.
Do you still need more photos for the calendar? As mentioned before, I could also contribute something. Smile

Thanks and yes would like to get one or two submissions from you of course!! What would be a photo calendar without some excellent Randam pics? cheers

56Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:53 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yes indeed! I can't be the only one with access to lost footage! Smile Maybe there is a version where Vader was female? After all Luke was once supposed to be female (Leia)... Smile

57Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:47 am

Xavion2004

Xavion2004
What, a girl can’t stand in a doorway without having aspersions cast upon her character? Wink

That outfit and the Jenner head sculpt go very well together, and the lighting is perfect.

58Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:03 pm

Theboo-bomb

Theboo-bomb
She looks great in those shots.

All of my alt-history themed figures in one convenient link! BooBomb's alt history figures! Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 3 1f60e

59Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:44 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Was outside with a mushroom picker last weekend. I love being in the forest so I took two figures with me.  Smile

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 3 LbefOBqh

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 3 KUjGOiWh

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 3 89x10OQh

The red and white mushroom was delicious

nah we found some more digestible ones Razz

60Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:18 am

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Really cool photos. Love the second one with Frodo; looks like he’s heading toward a cave mouth.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 3 C8485110

61Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:26 pm

davidd

davidd
OH yeah! That cave pic is da bomb!

62Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:12 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Excellent idea, and excellent photos, Simon.

63Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:22 pm

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Love these! I saw the same toadstools on my walk yesterday... ;D

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

64Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:02 am

Diana

Diana
Awww, these photos are wonderful! I wanna be there with them right now. Smile

65Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:46 am

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
Valiarde wrote:I bought this Tbleague knight for kitbashing. But the whole thing looks just so very nice, so I just switched the head for now and gave it a proper fotoshoot.   
Nothing too elaborate with the pics, sometimes I just like a clean black backdrop to make it all about the figure.

This is my first full tbleague figure and probably not the last.

Oh and while she looks like an angel, don't make her angry... Smile

Fantastic shots, must have taken some patient hair placement…?!

66Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Fri Oct 14, 2022 5:33 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
Thanks all for the nice comments Smile

And the hair placement was easier than you would think didnt take much effort.
Bad hair day = good hair day Smile

67Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:30 am

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
Laughing  Nice… Hope there weren’t too many out-take moments.  You have some fantastic figures and beasts there…super horse too!

68Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:17 pm

Valiarde

Valiarde
Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 3 ZMS0DXqh

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 3 DT2J1IGh

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 3 5KtBQWth

Also going to post some pic here some of you might already know. I painted the head and added real hair, which looks okay at least if you aren't going into magnify mode. Still need to learn how to do beards more realistically, but from normal view it does th job for now.

69Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:13 pm

Ephiane

Ephiane
To be or not to be. Very Happy Great Pose of the new Guy and fanrtastic Job on his eyebrows and beard. Your outdoor pictures are just mystical !

70Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:15 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Japanese Shakespeare? Which would be Yari o Furu! Smile I love it. Nicely put together, very effective and ambitious modifications (it works well even in close up), beautiful photography.
Thanks for sharing this excellent work in this beautiful environment.

71Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:18 pm

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Wonderful pics. I especially like Frodo next to the mushroom.

72Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:10 pm

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Looks great. I actually like what you did with the beard. Looks good. The character all around looks pretty bad-ass.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 3 C8485110

73Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:35 pm

Ovy

Ovy
Barren post apocalyptic landscapes can make you very philosophical about life, death and shyt. Very Happy

I still think he would look even greater when he did one more turn on the cliché path and used a Katana.

Japanese Shakespeare makes me think of Throne of Blood.

Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 3 71nS00sotBL._AC_SL1000_

74Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:00 am

Diana

Diana
He looks great, even more so because of your mad photography skills. That dio is just gold. Despite the great character in these shots I find myself staring at the wall and the sand and the lighting and the shadows and... Just beautiful!

75Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:30 am

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Beautiful photos and figure, Valiarde. I'm glad I guess right which figure was yours in the competition. Very Happy

I think the real facial hair turned out great, but I understand being one's own worst critic. Wink

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

76Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:47 pm

Randam Hajile

Randam Hajile
The headsculpt really turned out well, Valiarde! Great work and photos!

77Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:06 am

BAMComix

BAMComix
Amazing shots! and you make the figs look so natural. Brilliant!

78Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:56 am

Valiarde

Valiarde
GubernatorFan wrote:I have checked back on the other forum for the results but they are either not there or I haven't been able to stumble upon them. Who are the winners? Are congratulations on that account in order for our forum members (it seems Randam, Ovy, and Valiarde all participated)? And whether they won or "just" participated, it would be nice to see all their entries and enjoy what are bound to be excellent figures.

Just a little info on that "competition". It is only semi-competitive and more of a reason to have an exciting Kitbash and individual annual event character.
And it works (at least for me). Smile It is just very enjoyable to see like 10-30 different self-made figures of various themes and skill levels shown at once. Like you're going into an exhibition. So much to see, so much to comment on and lots of inspiration.
You have two parts - first is just the plain figures against a simple backdrop. Second part is the "anything goes" presentation - diorama, environmental, stories, pretty pictures, little photoshop enhancements...just show off.

This year was on the smaller side of the competition, but still very cool. Randam got onto winner's podium this year with a 2nd place for his Cyberpunk story. Ovy and myself did quiet well with our entries too and Illusion took a break this year.  Smile

I'm sure we will see all our stuff here too for anyone interested (most of it already shown I think) Smile

79Valiardes Photography Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Valiardes Photography Thread Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:53 pm

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thanks for explaining, Simon. Congratulations to Ralf and all of you who participated. From what I have seen, the figures looked excellent. German may have been my first language, but I've forgotten most of it, and have some trouble finding my way around that sire; I did eventually notice a banner over there advertising the winners.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum