OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing...

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Illusion

December 11th

Tyrion: "I ran out of wine. I need a refill!"
Lukas (groans silently): "not him again!"
Shae: "I'll take care of him."
My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... - Page 3 20221210_2120200fdmc

Shae: "Here, unbox today's parcel whilst I refill your jar."
My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... - Page 3 20221210_2122030jf6n

Shae: "What the heck, Tyrion! It says "Please don't toss"! You can't kick it over and sit on it! It is a present and demands careful unboxing!"
My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... - Page 3 20221210_212659shfiz

Tyrion: "so, what is this now? a horse in a box? does it open?"
My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... - Page 3 20221210_213233v9dr8

My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... - Page 3 20221210_213653ince8

Shae: "Look! A model horse. Seems authentic, though I have no knowledge of these things... isn't it neat? Quite original... "
Tyrion, muttering to himself: "a DWARF horse... pah... can't keep from making fun of me.... boneheads... pah." 
My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... - Page 3 20221210_214337mvf9t

Valiarde

Great little unboxing story, my favourite so far  Smile

Tyron comes to life here, first he was "naah just give me wine, don't care for the fecking present" 
but then you see how he is really curious (even if he won't admit it, he likes that pygmy horse) 

sweet

BAMComix

someone feels a bit grumpy! Very Happy

Randam Hajile

Great pictures, Illusion!
I love the little piglet in den background. You really should to make a little extra photostory with it ("Piglet's Adventures"). Smile

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
The tiny horse was lovely (and I think the piglet thinks so too). Tyrion's a great figure. I like how he brought his own goblet to the bar. Maybe that's why he isn't liked there... or maybe the surly attitude? Your husband has not seen your beautiful creations? His loss...

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That was a funny little (no pun intended) unboxing.

Sorry to hear your husband doesn’t care about your hobby at all. While my wife doesn’t share my enthusiasm, she at least appreciates the cool factor, she’s more than happy to look at my stuff and be supportive, and she can see how much work goes into custom stuff.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... - Page 3 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
You're lucky that way, Mark. Smile

Illusion

Illusion
Valiarde wrote:Great little unboxing story, my favourite so far  Smile

Tyron comes to life here, first he was "naah just give me wine, don't care for the fecking present" 
but then you see how he is really curious (even if he won't admit it, he likes that pygmy horse) 

sweet

Thank you! ... so there is hope that sooner or later there is a fav for everyone  Smile

BAMComix wrote:someone feels a bit grumpy! Very Happy

we wonder when does he not?  Wink

Randam Hajile wrote:Great pictures, Illusion!
I love the little piglet in den background. You really should to make a little extra photostory with it ("Piglet's Adventures"). Smile

Thank you! I am glad you are looking out for the little piglet, he is called Uno btw...
He has some "Baby Grootish" vibes. Whenever looking at him, I just have to smile...

GubernatorFan wrote:The tiny horse was lovely (and I think the piglet thinks so too). Tyrion's a great figure. I like how he brought his own goblet to the bar. Maybe that's why he isn't liked there... or maybe the surly attitude? Your husband has not seen your beautiful creations? His loss...

Stryker2011 wrote:That was a funny little (no pun intended) unboxing.

Sorry to hear your husband doesn’t care about your hobby at all. While my wife doesn’t share my enthusiasm, she at least appreciates the cool factor, she’s more than happy to look at my stuff and be supportive, and she can see how much work goes into custom stuff.

GubernatorFan wrote:You're lucky that way, Mark. Smile

Yes, you truly are lucky. My husband does not mind my hobby. I think he is fine that I have something I truely enjoy but I just find it odd that he does not care at all about anything and seems totally oblivious to it. At least I do know the results of his favourite soccer team's matches Twisted Evil (you can guess, they are not very successful this season - but of course I am not happy about this. They have so much bad luck… wish they would do a bit better, also for my daughters‘ sake who are fans too).

As for
December 12th

The Nifflers had escaped - again... and caused some turmoil at the Gloss. Fortunately they focused unanimously on the golden shiny present number 12.
Of course Newt had been right on their heels...

My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... - Page 3 20221212_073459gjeog

My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... - Page 3 20221212_0738332wfbv

Didn't turn out to be quite as easy as expected to catch them all. They had quickly devastated the paper and got interested in the contents (in spite of it not being golden).

My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... - Page 3 20221212_074617v4fww

Newt had to quickly grab them including this strange something resembling an oversized egg sunny-side up.

My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... - Page 3 20221212_075001tvesa

My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... - Page 3 20221212_0752202cc99

well, now finally on to today's present... quite a surprise to find another fantastic beast!

My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... - Page 3 20221212_07554270e4v

The legendary "Schürzenjäger"!
(sorry folks, almost but not fully lost in translation... Schürze = apron... I see that the term "skirt chaser" exists in English. So literally this would be the "apron chaser". )

My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... - Page 3 20221212_0808138ze6p

This present should come handy when handling all the daily chores associated with the different kinds of beasts. santa

Ephiane

Ephiane
What a wonderful idea! Every day you look forward to what the next package will contain. You give me a 1:6 advent calendar that I always wanted. Thank you for sharing. The loft and its inhabitants are so fantastic! Newt and the Niffles are so funny and Tyrion reminds me of one of my uncles at every Christmas party. Laughing

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Ha! That’s excellent. What a gaudy apron. Can’t tell if Newt’s happy about it or not. Neat idea.

By the way, does your daughter find your hobby fun?

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Yes, I was going to say I hope your daughters enjoy your hobby and artistry.

How many Nifflers are there? 4? Glad Newt got them under control (inside the "egg"?). As for the kitchen's more summery answer to "Ugly Christmas Sweater," perhaps the translation is rather "apron hunter." Good fun as always.

OceanGirl24

OceanGirl24
This is so creative and everything is beautiful.

Illusion

Illusion
Ephiane wrote:What a wonderful idea! Every day you look forward to what the next package will contain. You give me a 1:6 advent calendar that I always wanted. Thank you for sharing. The loft and its inhabitants are so fantastic! Newt and the Niffles are so funny and Tyrion reminds me of one of my uncles at every Christmas party. Laughing

Thank you! Happy you like it and I am glad to return a little of the fun you are constantly providing  My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... - Page 3 1f385

Stryker2011 wrote:Ha! That’s excellent. What a gaudy apron. Can’t tell if Newt’s happy about it or not. Neat idea.

By the way, does your daughter find your hobby fun?

I guess, Newt was a bit too baffled to decide whether to like it or not, but it surely is a cool thing… and once in a while an apron comes handy…
(as for my daughters see beliw)

GubernatorFan wrote:Yes, I was going to say I hope your daughters enjoy your hobby and artistry.

How many Nifflers are there? 4? Glad Newt got them under control (inside the "egg"?). As for the kitchen's more summery answer to "Ugly Christmas Sweater," perhaps the translation is rather "apron hunter." Good fun as always.

yes, 4 Baby Nifflers (Hot Toys Newt version). The egg is kind of a multipurpose packaging. Most appropriate use is probably as pillow after stuffing it a bit. It‘s a huge 70ies style flower pattern… Newt just grabbed it all to be done with it as two Nifflers had been inside already anyway…
I do like „hunter“ much better than „chaser“ (would not have known the latter existed even).

as for my daughters… well… they for sure grant me my hobby and are glad when I am having fun, but they are not really interested in any of it. They have never cared much about dolls and their „Barbie phase“ had been very short… The older one (17) is only in sports (soccer in particular) and hardly knows any of the characters even.
The younger one (15) is mildly interested in Star Wars and Marvel, so I can watch some stuff with her (no one else here Wink ). She at times checks out new figures and has a look, but her interest is very basic.
Both appreciate some of my creative stuff but do not spend much time looking at it.

OceanGirl24 wrote:This is so creative and everything is beautiful.

Thank you so much for paying a visit and liking it!

December 13th

Today‘s wrapping paper called for a lady with an only recently acquired matching sweater:

„You know nothing John Snow-man.
Come to the North and you won‘t wanna know what cold is.“
My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... - Page 3 20221213_074959e4ch5

„so, where is this present?“
My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... - Page 3 20221213_075211vpddq

a neat match indeed…
My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... - Page 3 20221213_075537y6c3x

„Oooooh!“
My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... - Page 3 20221213_0756578leqg

My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... - Page 3 Faceapp_16709151003823sfhf

another fantastic beast… I love you … I am trying not to be biased towards a present but I think this has been my highlight so far…

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
A beautiful character... with an edge. But I love how she warmed up to this cute present.
And glad the daughters -- or at least the younger one -- are at least a little more interested in your hobby.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Awesome!

Visisonor

Visisonor
This whole gift unboxing idea is really nice.
Great setup!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
So cute. That snow man sweater is pretty cool, and looks like it'd be pretty comfy. Neat little stuffed dog, too. Awesome pics as usual.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Cute beast Smile

This is my favorite thread of this month. It's a treat everyday!

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
Loving the teeny art works and your whole set up - fantastic idea and thank you for sharing the journey! Latest wee dog is tremendous Smile

Illusion

Illusion
Thank you so much everyone!
It really means a lot to me to know you are enjoying this!!  santa  I love you  santa  

December 14th

"Well, finally 14th and I will be rid of this clog in front of my bar."
My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... - Page 3 20221213_145044v6fvr

"A little white decorative tree attached to the ribbon ... Let's see whether we can still find a place for that."
My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... - Page 3 20221213_1453547aeem

"A construction kit! Why ME ?!??"
My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... - Page 3 20221213_145520ioezd

"Ah, well, hasn't been such a lot to do actually... a Barbie family tree starting with Bild Lilly, paying a visit to the Super Star era and ending with a contemporary girl... asides two decorative elements that I could replace with my own pics... Thinking about it, Bild Lilly should also be my own ancestor... the silver sparkling style also fits in nicely ... "
My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... - Page 3 20221213_145841nkeow

"But where to put this now?"
My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... - Page 3 20221213_1500041mcvj

Well, some of you may have guessed already that this is the present I contributed to the calender as it sports my usual material: beads, cabochons, wire...
It is based on a foto display of my grandmother: a little tree with 5 branches, each with a hook for a little picture. I cannot remember much of my childhood but for whatever reason I really enjoyed playing with that simple thing.
similar to this one:
https://www.amazon.de/Unbekannt-Familienbaum-versilbert-Familienfotorahmen-Dekoration/dp/B00DZ3NKR4/ref=sr_1_136?__mk_de_DE=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&crid=Z3Y9J8641S54&keywords=fotobaum&qid=1671032720&sprefix=fotobaum%2Caps%2C462&sr=8-136

The idea was then to have a glimpse into Barbie's history and show some "famous faces".

Here's pic of them all:

My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... - Page 3 20220927_161501n3evl

csyeung

csyeung
Wow! wonderful work you did! The other gifts were fantastic as well!

Tanzenwolfe

Tanzenwolfe
Ditto on the Wow - I’m in awe of the patience it must have taken to shape and assemble these! Really cool to make use of such a personal memory and make it so fun Very Happy

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nicely done. I can understand her frustration with having to build things; my wife constantly buys stuff that has to be assembled that takes several hours; and guess who gets stuck with that job…

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Aww, Mark, must be magic being married to you! Smile
Illusion, the little trees are amazing. So cute, tiny, and festive. Interesting idea for photo displays, I have never seen such things before.
Of course I appreciated seeing the pig get into the wrapping... and just noticed the squirrel.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
I wouldn’t say magic, and I doubt my better half would either. Razz

BAMComix

BAMComix
Another amazing gift unwrapped! Very creative.

Illusion

Illusion
csyeung wrote:Wow! wonderful work you did! The other gifts were fantastic as well!
Thank you!

Tanzenwolfe wrote:Ditto on the Wow - I’m in awe of the patience it must have taken to shape and assemble these!  Really cool to make use of such a personal memory and make it so fun Very Happy

Thanks so much! Well, when you enjoy doing something, it doesn‘t seem to be so much effort Smile

Stryker2011 wrote:Nicely done. I can understand her frustration with having to build things; my wife constantly buys stuff that has to be assembled that takes several hours; and guess who gets stuck with that job…

Laughing  (shouldn‘t try that too often with my husband … his patience is running extremely thin. You risk breaking something and ending up in the manual afterwards to see what went wrong.)

GubernatorFan wrote:Aww, Mark, must be magic being married to you! Smile
Illusion, the little trees are amazing. So cute, tiny, and festive. Interesting idea for photo displays, I have never seen such things before.
Of course I appreciated seeing the pig get into the wrapping... and just noticed the squirrel.

Thank you for joining this daily ! glad you keep having fun.
As long as we don‘t end up with curiosity killed the pig

BAMComix wrote:Another amazing gift unwrapped! Very creative.

Thank you!

December 15th

There has been mail from an online shop for some Barbara M. Roberts*
of course no one wants to claim responsibility for the order…
No Barbara in the house and just two girls whose name starts with a B.
My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... - Page 3 20221215_075010xzdok

With Berenike Magdalena we at least have a match for the initials.
My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... - Page 3 20221215_075355axf0g

oho - Christmas favourites! Socks in various sizes, along with a catalogue of the shop‘s selection
My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... - Page 3 20221215_0758009tc1u

Given her big feet Berenike choses one of the bigger models based on the description in the catalogue
My 2022 advent calendar - daily unboxing... - Page 3 20221215_080910kmct2

quite a nice idea… I hardly have any socks and they come handy for living room or fireplace scenes.

* for those of you who do not know: Barbara Millicent Roberts is Barbie‘s correct name.

TravelGuide

TravelGuide
Asalways, wonderful pics Very Happy

I didn't even know she had a full name.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
Nice scene. Like the new character. Is she perhaps a Barbie Rogue? She has similar hair.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum