OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Project - Nurse Alex Price (from An American Werewolf In London)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 9]

csyeung

I feel the positioning of the decal looks fine. The only thing I notice, and I think it depends on how the lighting is on the photograph is that Jenny Agutter has super long eyelashes that cast a deeper shadow from her upper eyelid so it's got a bit more depth. (maybe paint a little shadow on the top edge of decal?) Overall, it looks great though and looks like the actress to me.

ukshaun

csyeung wrote:I feel the positioning of the decal looks fine. The only thing I notice, and I think it depends on how the lighting is on the photograph is that Jenny Agutter has super long eyelashes that cast a deeper shadow from her upper eyelid so it's got a bit more depth. (maybe paint a little shadow on the top edge of decal?) Overall, it looks great though and looks like the actress to me.

When adding the eye decals, i did cut off the upper part of the decal. I agree, a slight shadow to remove the top of the decal further + add shadow could work. I had considered it, and might go ahead with that idea.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmPNvCoky6KhyaPUd25EHgw/videos?

ukshaun

Just placed an order for:
Phicen/TBLeague PLMB2017-S27B Suntan, Medium Bust Female Seamless 1/6 scale

I went with Tan as the paint app looks tanned. The original plan was to go with pale.

I figured i coulld not progress further, as i need to see the t-shirt on the body to work out how wide to make the logo that needs to place added to the t-shirt.

Mean while i have put off messing around with the eyes. Part of me wants to start over, and part of me wants to add the gloss.

The UK goes into COVID-19 lockdown for 4 weeks starting on Thursday. It will give me time to focus more on this figure project Smile

BAMComix

This looks like a real promising figure. The sculpt looks fantastic! I love the film and the character you are recreating. I am really looking forward o seeing her progress!

ukshaun

ukshaun
Project - Nurse Alex Price (from An American Werewolf In London) - Page 2 Project-Agutter-0001

Phicen/TBLeague PLMB2017-S27B Suntan, Medium Bust Female Seamless 1/6 scale arrived today.
I popped on the portrait and added the grey t-shirt then took a quick snapshot using the phone.

At first i thought the portrait looked too large for the body. Once the t-shirt was added, it balanced things out. While the length of the
t-shirt works well, it is far to wide. The first job will be to narrow the t-shirt down and possibly shorten the sleeves.

The medium bust size is on the large side. Not much can be done about that.
The legs could possibly be fatter. Slim works well enough.

BAMComix

BAMComix
ukshaun wrote:Project - Nurse Alex Price (from An American Werewolf In London) - Page 2 Project-Agutter-0001

Phicen/TBLeague PLMB2017-S27B Suntan, Medium Bust Female Seamless 1/6 scale arrived today.
I popped on the portrait and added the grey t-shirt then took a quick snapshot using the phone.

At first i thought the portrait looked too large for the body. Once the t-shirt was added, it balanced things out. While the length of the
t-shirt works well, it is far to wide. The first job will be to narrow the t-shirt down and possibly shorten the sleeves.

Looking great so far! bounce bounce bounce

ukshaun

ukshaun
BAMComix wrote:
ukshaun wrote:Project - Nurse Alex Price (from An American Werewolf In London) - Page 2 Project-Agutter-0001

Looking great so far! bounce bounce bounce

Thanks. I guess it is, in a Logan's run sort of way ;D
I hate sewing. I have no choice but to have a crack at it. I did spot what appears to be a small 1/6 grey t-shirt on ebay, so there are other options.

ukshaun

ukshaun
Also, something else i noticed. The arms of the Phicen/TBLeague PLMB2017-S27B should really be between 1 or 1.5cm longer.

BAMComix

BAMComix
ukshaun wrote:Also, something else i noticed. The arms of the Phicen/TBLeague PLMB2017-S27B should really be between 1 or 1.5cm longer.

Oh, I thought it was the length od the tee shirt you had used? There are some really cool Tee shirts on ebay Very Happy

ukshaun

ukshaun
BAMComix wrote:
ukshaun wrote:Also, something else i noticed. The arms of the Phicen/TBLeague PLMB2017-S27B should really be between 1 or 1.5cm longer.

Oh, I thought it was the length od the tee shirt you had used? There are some really cool Tee shirts on ebay Very Happy

It is a bit of both. I have ordered another smaller t-shirt. So far i have only managed to find two plain grey t-shirts. Meanwhile, i will try and make the current t-shirt smaller. It if it fails to work out, then no big issue, as i have no other use for it. Maybe it will work out.

BAMComix

BAMComix
ukshaun wrote:
BAMComix wrote:

It is a bit of both. I have ordered another smaller t-shirt. So far i have only managed to find two plain grey t-shirts. Meanwhile, i will try and make the current t-shirt smaller. It if it fails to work out, then no big issue, as i have no other use for it. Maybe it will work out.

I am sure you will make it work! the figure is coming along really well bounce bounce

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
The s27b body is the most tiny/petite 1/6 tbleague body currently out there. It is notorious for being difficult to clothe using ‘normal’ sized action figure clothing, and also when it comes to finding 1/6 heads that are not oversized. It was made more to fit the dimensions of a 25cm Obitsu doll body, and tends to require either custom clothing or small clothing made for dolls.

A medium bust body that would likely be less difficult to clothe would be something like the s17b, for instance. : )

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

ukshaun

ukshaun
skywalkersaga wrote:The s27b body is the most tiny/petite 1/6 tbleague body currently out there. It is notorious for being difficult to clothe using ‘normal’ sized action figure clothing, and also when it comes to finding 1/6 heads that are not oversized. It was made more to fit the dimensions of a 25cm Obitsu doll body, and tends to require either custom clothing or small clothing made for dolls.

A medium bust body that would likely be less difficult to clothe would be something like the s17b, for instance.

Just as well, all i need is one item of clothing, a t-shirt Smile
The height and shoulder width is ideal.
I spent some time last-night reducing the size of the t-shirt. It is half way there. The plan is to keep it slightly oversized as she is supposed to be wearing a male size t-shirt. The arm sleeves might prove difficult.

ukshaun

ukshaun
The t-shirt re_sized did not work out. Stitching the sleeves on turned out to be a nighmare.
Good news, i have found two other t-shirts on ebay. They appear to be smaller.
If when they arrive, they are too large, i have a plan, to shrink them in the wash. Or shrink them in the drier.

Project - Nurse Alex Price (from An American Werewolf In London) - Page 2 T-Shirt-1-6-cut-down-screw-up

BAMComix

BAMComix
ukshaun wrote:The t-shirt re_sized did not work out. Stitching the sleeves on turned out to be a nighmare.
If when they arrive, they are too large, i have a plan, to shrink them in the wash. Or shrink them in the drier.

Sad sorry to hear the original plan didn't work out, but hopefully the new plan will! bounce bounce

ukshaun

ukshaun
BAMComix wrote:
ukshaun wrote:The t-shirt re_sized did not work out. Stitching the sleeves on turned out to be a nighmare.

Sad sorry to hear the original plan didn't work out, but hopefully the new plan will! bounce bounce

My stitching skills are half the resolution of the original. It looked ok when turned inside out so that the stitches are out of view. But still, even although i followed a pen line, the stitches were not straight enough.

Can't wait for the new t-shirts to arrive Smile

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
That’s a bummer. Hopefully, the new shirts work out better.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

Project - Nurse Alex Price (from An American Werewolf In London) - Page 2 C8485110

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
I hope your nefarious plan to shrink the t-shirts in the dryer works out. Smile As always, I'm impressed by your dedication to getting details right. Would it help if you used an S25B body instead? It is slightly taller and larger than the S27B, but still petite (though I realize that you picked S27B for a reason). It might help with the sizing. I think the head (both sculpt and repaint) looks great, although you are right about it being just a tad wider than the original -- the nature of the hair sculpt might exaggerate that effect, too. But I think she's coming along great anyway.

ahbake

What a great project!
I really had the hots for Nurse Price... Razz
And looking at those pics of Jenny Agutter I've come to the conclusion that I still do...

ukshaun

ukshaun
Project - Nurse Alex Price (from An American Werewolf In London) - Page 2 New-grey-t-shirt-and-4cm-wide-NYU-logo

The new t-shirt arrived today. Much quicker than expected.
Good news, the size looks about right. No need to shrink it. Smaller than the original.
The length is spot on. Sleeves look about right. If anything it is the fault of the Phicen/TBLeague PLMB2017-S27B arms being on the
short side. Before i waste any Fabric Transfer paper, i did a prince test on plain paper, and print the NYU logo at 4cm width. The next
step is to price out to Fabric Transfer paper and try it out on an odd t-shirt.

BAMComix

BAMComix
Hey, that looks terrific!

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
The sizing looks good. My only issue is the material they used to make the shirt doesn’t allow it to drape as nicely as it does on Jenny. I realize they are thinking “it’s a T-Shirt”, so use ACTUAL T-Shirt material, but that is a mistake since at 1/6 scale that sort of cloth is way too thick. If they can make denim jeans and suit material thin enough to look like a legitimate 1/6 scale version, there should be a material thin enough to stand in for T-Shirts. Just my opinion, not a slam against what you are doing.

Project - Nurse Alex Price (from An American Werewolf In London) - Page 2 C8485110

ukshaun

ukshaun
ahbake wrote:What a great project!
And looking at those pics of Jenny Agutter I've come to the conclusion that I still do...

Heh..
Think i'll watch An American Werewolf in London later tonight.
I must have watched it atleast 33+ times in my lifetime. I own it on Vhs, Laserdisc, DVD and Blu-ray. I never did get to play the laserdisc, as i never did pick up a player.

BAMComix wrote:Hey, that looks terrific!

Thanks.

Stryker2011 wrote:The sizing looks good. My only issue is the material they used to make the shirt doesn’t allow it to drape as nicely as it does on Jenny. I realize they are thinking “it’s a T-Shirt”, so use ACTUAL T-Shirt material, but that is a mistake since at 1/6 scale that sort of cloth is way too thick. If they can make denim jeans and suit material thin enough to look like a legitimate 1/6 scale version, there should be a material thin enough to stand in for T-Shirts. Just my opinion, not a slam against what you are doing.

I completely agree. I can live with that. Where do you draw the line? Smile
The NYU text is close but not 100% and the hair style is way off as it from Logan's run.

I guess it would be possible to thin out the material by repeated washing and drying. That could take months.
When the 3rd t-shirt shows up, providing it is any good, i could stick it in with the wash over the coming months as an experiment Very Happy

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
ukshaun wrote:

Heh..
I must have watched it atleast 33+ times in my lifetime. I own it on Vhs, Laserdisc, DVD and Blu-ray. I never did get to play the laserdisc, as i never did pick up a player.

I guess it would be possible to thin out the material by repeated washing and drying. That could take months.
When the 3rd t-shirt shows up, providing it is any good, i could stick it in with the wash over the coming months as an experiment Very Happy

I had the hots for Jenny since Peter Weir’s “Walkabout”, then, of course Logan’s Run.

Repeated washings may work — don’t know for sure, never tried that; I wonder if turning it inside out and lightly sanding it would take some of the heft out of it...? (Never tried that either).

You sound as bad as me with your movie collection (I started with Beta Max, had at one time over 6,000 VHS tapes, still have my laserdisc player and some of my laserdiscs — for movies that have never been released on DVD or blu-ray.

ukshaun

ukshaun
ukshaun wrote:

Heh..

BAMComix wrote:Hey, that looks terrific!

Thanks.

Stryker2011 wrote:The sizing looks good. My only issue is the material they used to make the shirt doesn’t allow it to drape as nicely as it does on Jenny. I realize they are thinking “it’s a T-Shirt”, so use ACTUAL T-Shirt material, but that is a mistake since at 1/6 scale that sort of cloth is way too thick. If they can make denim jeans and suit material thin enough to look like a legitimate 1/6 scale version, there should be a material thin enough to stand in for T-Shirts. Just my opinion, not a slam against what you are doing.

I completely agree. I can live with that. Where do you draw the line? Smile
The NYU text is close but not 100% and the hair style is way off as it from Logan's run.

6000+ Vhs tapes!?
with that many you could have opened up a rental store back in the day ;D

I still own a fully working Vhs player. My Vhs collection totals (at a guess) about 20 tapes.
My DVD collection amounts to a whole lot more. 500+ at a guess. Maybe 800+
When Blu-ray arrived i said i would limit myself. Since then and now my Blu-ray collection totals 300+

ukshaun

ukshaun
Project - Nurse Alex Price (from An American Werewolf In London) - Page 2 Ear-Rings-Left-Right-Ears
Two scenes from An American Werewolf in London

In the name of research, i checked out An American Werewolf London, again ;D

I noticed something. Nurse Alex Price appears to wear silver ear studs in both ears.
Luck foe me i have the ideal solution, left overs from Project - Asami Yamazaki (from Audition)
On the subject of Asami Yamazaki, i am still waiting for the hands to arrive. They still have not shipped.

Comparing Nurse Alex Price with Jessica (Logan's Run) the hair style are not too dissimilar.
The hair-parting is different, and Jessica has slightly shorter hair. During the scene above, her hair
looks less curly.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Great attention to detail as always. But are you positive these are not pearls? (I honestly can't tell.)

ukshaun

ukshaun
GubernatorFan wrote:Great attention to detail as always. But are you positive these are not pearls? (I honestly can't tell.)

Could be pearls. I think they shine too much. Would a nurse wear pearls? ..possibly?
Time to search for a better resolution image.
The images above are direct from TV screen. I wish the Playstation could screen grab from DVD/Blu-ray, but they cannot.

Update: They could be perals?
Project - Nurse Alex Price (from An American Werewolf In London) - Page 2 Ja1

I'll compromise, round and shiny should do the trick Very Happy

ukshaun

ukshaun
They are pearls..
Project - Nurse Alex Price (from An American Werewolf In London) - Page 2 An-Amwerican-Werewolf-in-London
Image Source: http://shangols.canalblog.com/archives/2015/12/28/33126187.html

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum