OneSixthFigures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
OneSixthFigures

An online community to discuss and share news about sixth-scale figures, with an emphasis on either custom or commercial articulated figures.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

johntamph

Saturn wrote:
johntamph wrote:And to confirm, the crotch area is just flat, zero details.

Are the nipples missing too?

There are nipples surprisingly.

Eekumbokum

johntamph wrote:Yes also was not too excited about the default head that is why I stuck with just the body. This just now gave me a problem of hunting smaller, non animeish heads.

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 5 20210611

I think the head looks great with the body. Not sure how to feel about how small the waist is, but overall I like this new TBLeague body.

Saturn

johntamph wrote:
Saturn wrote:
johntamph wrote:And to confirm, the crotch area is just flat, zero details.

Are the nipples missing too?

There are nipples surprisingly.

Thank you! I'm really looking forward to S26 vs S44 comparison pictures. I hope someone can post some soon.

johntamph

Playing around it, I find it has the same shoulder/elbow joint issues as the s28/29 body although not as prevalent.. Might be issues of smaller/thinner metal frame?

Diana

Diana
I'm glad I didn't pre-order, though I thought I had. But the head would have been a disappointment.
And I hate those tiny hands!

But the body does look nice. Not sure I need it though, now that I have an S25B. A comparison shot between S25B, S37 and S45 would be very useful... Very Happy

Good news though: The recently released Jill head is so small it seems perfect for these bodies! Will post pictures in the Jill thread.

Saturn

Saturn
This image may show even more, NSFW:

https://www.facebook.com/kghobby/posts/4048057891936560
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 5 193696580_4048057728603243_8594498308392095520_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=a26aad&_nc_ohc=PUFSQNbWl4gAX--04sI&_nc_ht=scontent.fbud3-1

suo76

I will try this body with the Super Duck Set049, if it ever gets released. That is supposed to work with the 24A, but the character Nezuko Kamado is a child, so this may be the much better option.

brassco

brassco
Spoiler for NSFW, click to view:
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 5 03
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 5 Seg-soft
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 5 Oznor-WO-soft
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 5 Seg-soft
NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 5 Oznor-WO-soft

A comparison btw S26, S44 and good old S07. I tried to level them even i was taking pictures with them laying on the table. Clearly, S07 is the tallest, follow by S44. And, since there wasn't any "details" on the body parts, i didn't do the censoring.

The connecting pegs are clearly different, but the S26 can interchange with S44. Strangely, even the shorter S26 has slightly bigger hands than S44.

And some pictures on S45.

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Thanks for the comparison pics. The whole upper body on this one is really small, but the neck is especially thin....may cause an issue with headsculpts looking too large on it.

Ignoring current 'official' Star Wars content for my own sanity.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Thank you for the photo review, brassco. Not the most inspired of TBLeague's choices, but it is nice to have some variety in the line up. Still glad I only ordered one.
Please check the updated forum policy on potentially adult images here:
https://onesixthfigures.forumotion.com/t6-forum-policies-and-info-continuously-updated#9

Saturn

Saturn
brassco wrote:
A comparison btw S26, S44 and good old S07. I tried to level them even i was taking pictures with them laying on the table. Clearly, S07 is the tallest, follow by S44. And, since there wasn't any "details" on the body parts, i didn't do the censoring.

The connecting pegs are clearly different, but the S26 can interchange with S44. Strangely, even the shorter S26 has slightly bigger hands than S44.

And some pictures on S45.

Great, just exactly the kind of comparative pictures I was waiting for, thank you very much!

I'm afraid this body type is not my cup of tea. The waist is simply too narrow, I think they shouldn't have stuck to the hourglass shape in this case. I know you can cover up a lot with the right clothes, but that's not the goal...

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
Saturn, I know what you mean. This body seems a bit too frail and stylised in the proportions to make it an immediate must-buy for me. Based on the comparisons, it seems somewhere in the middle between the anime body and the s26/27. It will certainly have its uses, and I may still consider it down the line, but I'm neither blown away by it nor in any rush to get it. 

It's frustrating because I prefer smaller bust bodies for the types of characters I customise, but I still like these to have some 'substance' to them. I daresay that I much prefer the existing s25b and s27b in overall aesthetics, and I've even figured out my own method of making bust reductions on those, so the smaller bust on this one is not even necessarily a deciding factor. 

That said, I'm still curious to see how some smaller heads look with this, as I haven't totally written it off for future use, it's just not going to the top of my list any time soon.

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Thanks for the pics brassco Smile

Hmm, yes it certainly seems to be a "let's have just one for variety's sake" kind of body, and one to buy with the included head, just in case it's too difficult to find a suitable fit otherwise. Although, while I don't know if it's just because I'm seeing them in extreme close-up, both heads seem a little too cartoony to me (even if the S45 is slightly more realistic).

I do like a couple of the more unusual hand poses, though (but not that weird-thumbed 'open' one).

I'm in no rush to get one.

To reiterate: Viking Woman or Monthu body next please, TBL...

davidd

davidd
Interesting discussion all along, and great to finally see some "owner photos."

johntamph

I think a review / unboxing is on youtube

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
^ Good find, thanks jt.

They look different again 'in the flesh', don't they...

It may just be the lighting in the video, but the pale body seems to have taken on the 'pink' hue that was fashionable with the tan bodies for a brief period (first edition S29, the S23 'big butt' remix).

Like the S37 anime body, design-wise it's definitely the waist and upper torso that seems to let the S44/45 down. This body is more realistically-proportioned than that anime body of course, but it's also meant to be, in which case both waist and chest are still much too narrow. The bust size is fine (I expect we'll never get a genuinely 'small' bust from TBL), what it really needs is for the actual chest to be broader - even just a little would make a world of difference.

And I'm still trying to work out how and why TBL seem to be getting it so wrong with the 'fat wrists' on these new bodies... it never used to be this much of a problem for them. With every single new body I get now, I'm having to tape up the wrists to try and 'train' them into assuming a better shape (or just hide them altogether).

skywalkersaga

skywalkersaga
GeeW -- agree with what you've said. Regarding the 'fat wrists' seeming more prominent on the more recent bodies... I am wondering if the lack of muscle definition on the upper arms of these bodies is exacerbating the thick appearance of the overly thick wrists? Because there isn't enough contrast between the muscle definition and the non-defined wrist?

GeeWillikers

GeeWillikers
Sky - I suppose the smaller hands aren't helping here, and the lack of muscle def might play into it, but it seems like it's as much a design choice (or in my book 'flaw'). The older bodies aren't perfect, but they at least made the effort to taper the forearms inwards a little as they reached the wrists.

I could be wrong but it seems they're putting a little too much 'flesh' at the wrists, so that when you attach a hand over the peg the flesh 'bunches' a little. Some of the necks have a similar problem with certain head sculpts, so that it appears like a head is sitting too high on the neck because the neck is too 'fleshy'.

It's really puzzling that they don't allow for it, when they've made such big advances in other areas of design and manufacture.

Saturn

Saturn
skywalkersaga wrote:
It's frustrating because I prefer smaller bust bodies for the types of characters I customise, but I still like these to have some 'substance' to them. I daresay that I much prefer the existing s25b and s27b in overall aesthetics, and I've even figured out my own method of making bust reductions on those, so the smaller bust on this one is not even necessarily a deciding factor. 

I was also looking forward to a well-proportioned body, but with smaller breasts than the others. Based on the comparison pics, although I still like the bust of the S44/S45, I think the S26/S27 is more life-like. Somehow a combination of the two would be ideal.
It is because of its lifelike proportions and natural-looking breasts that I like S38/S39, for example, even though I'm not particularly fond of ultra-large busts.

Saturn

Saturn
GeeWillikers wrote:
It may just be the lighting in the video, but the pale body seems to have taken on the 'pink' hue that was fashionable with the tan bodies for a brief period (first edition S29, the S23 'big butt' remix).

I was surprised to see such a difference in the skintone between the seamless and the detachable parts on the pale body. I have never seen this much mismatch on other bodies. Of course, it could just be that video lighting enhances this.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Someone wanted comparison photos with the S24A-S25B bodies. My S45A (suntan) arrived yesterday, so here we go, a couple of side-by-side comparison photos and some comments.

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 5 Tbl45a10

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 5 Tbl45a11

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 5 Tbl45a12

The body is a bit of a disappointment, a little bit expected, in view of what was already known, and the information that was coming in recently. There is indeed no improvement in articulation, with the odd relatively new articulation (or lack thereof) of the upper arm rotation. The build is very thin, though not quite as cartoonishly impossible as some other recent bodies. The body seems to stand just a smidgen taller than S25B, and has what seems to be a slightly longer (and certainly thinner) neck. The arms are much shorter, and probably far too short. The level of realistic detail is inconsistent between the breast (usual and naturalistic) and what some toy sellers refer to as the "secret woman part" (nothing at all). Given that this is marketed as a teenager body (which does not necessarily make it underage), this surfeit of prudishness on TBLeague's part might be explainable, though it hardly justifies the inconsistency between bodies or indeed between different areas of the same body. On the one hand I'm somewhat relieved they did not over-sexualize this one, but on the other this negates the supposed realism of these bodies. Finding appropriately-sized head sculpts will be a little bit of a challenge, but no more so than for the S24A-S25B bodies, and certainly not as extreme as that for the S26A-S27B bodies. At any rate, between all these issues, I'm glad I only ordered one.

csyeung

csyeung
Thanks for the comparison Gubernator, I still prefer the s25 proportions more. I guess 44 is has more of an anime proportions to me.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
csyeung wrote:Thanks for the comparison Gubernator, I still prefer the s25 proportions more. I guess 44 is has more of an anime proportions to me.

You are very welcome. And I agree. I find S24A-S25B by far the preferable choice. S44A-S45A looks and is less realistic, although I realize not everyone has the same priorities so opinions will differ. I added a photo with a head, but didn't look long enough for a perfect size and especially color match.

Saturn

Saturn
Thank you for the photos GubernatorFan!

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
Saturn wrote:Thank you for the photos GubernatorFan!

You're very welcome.

MeMyself&I

MeMyself&I
When announced I was intrigued and even debated preordering. Now, thanks to everyone’s photos/video links, I’m glad I didn’t waste my money. And I won’t waste it on this body. I have characters I could make with something this size, but this looks so disproportionate (those arms especially!) I just can’t. It isn’t a good release from what I can see of the overall picture.

GubernatorFan

GubernatorFan
Founding Father
MeMyself&I wrote:When announced I was intrigued and even debated preordering. Now, thanks to everyone’s photos/video links, I’m glad I didn’t waste my money. And I won’t waste it on this body. I have characters I could make with something this size, but this looks so disproportionate (those arms especially!) I just can’t. It isn’t a good release from what I can see of the overall picture.

At this point I think its one redeeming feature in my book are the small breasts -- which are useful for all sorts of reasons (variety, realism, clothing); but there are just too many other flaws. All they had to do, really, was create a small-breasted version of their earlier petite bodies. So while I keep buying S25Bs, I will not be buying this one again.

Stryker2011

Stryker2011
Founding Father
GubernatorFan wrote:All they had to do, really, was create a small-breasted version of their earlier petite bodies. So while I keep buying S25Bs, I will not be buying this one again.

Absolutely. I was looking forward to this, but it doesn’t look right at all. They could have used the S19 or similar, and just reduced the bust size. Simple solution, but they screw up.

He who dies with the most toys wins!

NEW PRODUCT: TBLeague s44-s45 (small bust body) - Page 5 C8485110

Ghost808

Ghost808
Thanks Gubernator, for the in-depth review. I'm glad I only ordered the one for my daughter. (Though I'm worried she'll be disappointed too) The lack of genitals has worked out great for me in this instance, but like you say, it's somewhat odd to make a figure with a crotch as smooth as a barbie, yet has detailed nipples. Better to just keep both or drop both, surely?

I wouldn't mind a smaller chested figure for a bit of variety, but this definitely isn't it. The thick, way too short arms and tiny hands, are really jarring. (Hopefully my youngster won't notice!! confused)

I really don't know what TBLeaugue were thinking with these???

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum